PDA

View Full Version : Did any major TV networks respond to our plea?

augustus
07-15-2007, 04:03 PM
I wonder if MSNBC, CNN, FOX ever covered any of legal immigrants stand against the present immigration mess. I don't see any news about the flower campaign, about visa bulletin fiasco, or even the rallies that we have been doing? The fight has been very strong and unity is finally in place.

Am I missing something here? Most of us sent so many mails to these bigwigs and nobody showed our news and plight on their news?

abracadabra
07-15-2007, 04:41 PM
I have the same question. If somebody knows please let us know

I wonder if MSNBC, CNN, FOX ever covered any of legal immigrants stand against the present immigration mess. I don't see any news about the flower campaign, about visa bulletin fiasco, or even the rallies that we have been doing? The fight has been very strong and unity is finally in place.

Am I missing something here? Most of us sent so many mails to these bigwigs and nobody showed our news and plight on their news?

Libra
07-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Its very simple, they are anti-immigrant channels, dont you know lou dobbs, o'rielly anti-immigrant shows have more ratings, so there is no way they want their viewer change their mind on immigration system. they are surviving on anti-immigrant programs.

All we can do is exposing their lies, and make atleast few of them know most trusted new channels are not so trustable.

I have the same question. If somebody knows please let us know

augustus
07-15-2007, 05:29 PM
It is sad to know that the majority of the US hates us. If you can't get the bigwigs to cover, little will be known for the real American society. I cannot believe we are treated as somebody who take their jobs away. I have somehow looked at it this way - I become a US visa holder, I become a green card holder, then a I become a US citizen. In many ways, US is gaining new citizens and case in point - "EDUCATED" US CITIZENS out of many visa holders at the moment. So we are a nice catch for them - LONG TERM. I wonder if any American citizen has looked at it that way. Sooner or later, many of us will prefer to become a US Citizen right? I wonder if it is more about the racism factor.

Well, I may be wrong. But I just wonder often times about the foolishness of the society and government at large.

gsc999
07-15-2007, 05:42 PM
We were successful in getting good media coverage with flower campaign. Our San Jose rally is getting good regional coverage. Yes, we haven't had the expected success with national media yet but we are gaining traction at an amazing pace.

This is not a big corporation with some PR dept. that is working with hundred of employees writing press releases et al. Volunteers like you and me have to take on that action item if you want to see results otherwise please continue on with your discussion

amitjoey
07-15-2007, 05:56 PM
We were successful in getting good media coverage with flower campaign. Our San Jose rally is getting good regional coverage. Yes, we haven't had the expected success with national media yet but we are gaining traction at an amazing pace.

This is not a big corporation with some PR dept. that is working with hundred of employees writing press releases et al. Volunteers like you and me have to take on that action item if you want to see results otherwise please continue on with your discussion

That is absolutely right, it is our job to write to reporters and call them, if we want good publicity. Please digg, write to reporters, do not just wait on the sidelines and see if we have gotten any coverage. We wont get any by just being on the forums discussing.

On a second note, gsc999 worked very hard organising the San Jose rally, and personally I saw a lot of dedication on his part and some other members. People came upto him and asked him to arrange another rally next week. He answered it very well. Why dont people take ownership and organise things on their own, rather than just giving out suggestions and expecting other people to do the tough work.

augustus, you are right when you ask "why are the bigwigs media outlets not reporting this event?", inspite of us sending so many emails. The anwer is, it is just a few like you, who have sent emails. Most of the people have not sent any emails, or talked to any reporters.

gsvisu
07-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I agree. Everyone wants to sit in front of computer & IV forum and watch what good can come to them of this. Everyone needs to roll-up their sleeves, contact friends, spread awareness etc.

Everyone needs to take active particpation. I sent many emails and contacted press on Thursday.

augustus
07-15-2007, 08:28 PM

I know we have to do a lot of work to get coverage but I was just saddened at the behavior of the bigwigs. They know the news and yet chose not to report it.

gsc999
07-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I know we have to do a lot of work to get coverage but I was just saddened at the behavior of the bigwigs. They know the news and yet chose not to report it.
---
- All the local Chinese newspaper carry this event on front page
- We were on local KTSF TV, thanks to help from our Chinese friends
- We were local KTVU 2 TV channel at prime time
- We have been covered by local print media like Mercury news
- We have interviewed with local radio stations
- We had reporter from Associated Press cover this event
- BusinessWeek wrote an article about us

Mind you this is Silicon valley not some countryside suburb in America.

I encourage you to collect these links and post them in the existing San Jose rally thread so people understand the real breath of media coverage that this rally actually received. Our volunteers are too exhausted from yesterday's event your help will be appreciated.

northstar1
07-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Guy's,

Pls take a moment to digg the washington post coverage of the SJ rally. It's made it to the first page of digg. Lets get it to the top by Monday morning.

http://digg.com/politics/The_Gandhi_Protest

jasmin45
07-15-2007, 10:02 PM
MSNBC has covered the legal immigrants protest. Video is available in Youtube. But I am not sure about the rally. I know that Fox news covered the rally in the news segment.

naan
07-15-2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP79UslTUr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovhoH0ZW0No

MSNBC coverage of the July 2nd Fiasco.