PDA

View Full Version : WSJ Article says USCIS to accept "some" GC applicaitons

bombaysardar
07-16-2007, 10:08 AM
see Greg Siskind's blog :
http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/

An alert reader sent me the following this morning. Miriam Jordan of the WSJ is reporting

Looking to resolve a messy immigration tangle, the U.S. government is close to announcing that it will accept at least some applications for work-based green cards that were filed by thousands of skilled workers in early July at the government's invitation and then abruptly rejected.

This would be hugely disappointing news if true and, according to a source, this was NOT the deal on the table over the weekend. It also will fail to address the three crises facing USCIS:

- fighting multiple lawsuits including at least two class action matters
- staving off congressional hearings and the release of embarrassing documents
- answering press inquiries over why USCIS skipped security clearances during a time when the US is under threat of a major terrorist attack

One would hope that common sense would outweigh USCIS' anti-immigrant instincts. Like an addict that's out of control, it's time for an intervention.

diqingshen
07-16-2007, 10:19 AM
How can we make the scale lean towards our side?
Phone campaign?

amit_sp
07-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello: Here's the original article.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB118455917060167397-lMyQjAxMDE3ODE0NjUxNTY5Wj.html

An alert reader sent me the following this morning. Miriam Jordan of the WSJ is reporting

Looking to resolve a messy immigration tangle, the U.S. government is close to announcing that it will accept at least some applications for work-based green cards that were filed by thousands of skilled workers in early July at the government's invitation and then abruptly rejected.

This would be hugely disappointing news if true and, according to a source, this was NOT the deal on the table over the weekend. It also will fail to address the three crises facing USCIS:

- answering press inquiries over why USCIS skipped security clearances during a time when the US is under threat of a major terrorist attack

One would hope that common sense would outweigh USCIS' anti-immigrant instincts. Like an addict that's out of control, it's time for an intervention.

ski_dude12
07-16-2007, 10:33 AM

Please change the misleading title. Already lot of people are frustrated with this flip-flop and posting something with a misleading title will make things worse.

Thanks,
-Ski

Leo
07-16-2007, 10:48 AM
sounds great to me :)

p_kumar
07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
If they accept people who didn't listen to govt annoucement and sent their applications and reject those who sincerely listened and obeyed, well all hell will break loose.I will sue USCIS personally(not a class action suit) and even sell my house to pay the lawyer fees.:mad: wait a minute! i dont have a house....

Thats right.i dont have a house, i dont have a life coz i wa waiting for this damn green card...

my PD Oct 2003, EB3
I-140 approved like years ago(Atleast seems to me.)

techbuyer77
07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
If they accept people who didn't listen to govt annoucement and sent their applications and reject those who sincerely listened and obeyed, well all hell will break loose.I will sue USCIS personally(not a class action suit) and even sell my house to pay the lawyer fees.:mad:

You are right! 100% Why people who follow all the rules are always screwed up and the ones who doesn't the government ALWAYS cut them some slack!

It is like the CRI. I went thru the pain to work for YEARS on this GC and now people who got here illegally LAST YEAR will have GC and I still dont have mine (in the hipotetical case it ever passes, thanks God it didn't) It is not fair! what about all the money and time I spent to get here?

The people who does not follow the rules should go at least to the endo of the line!

n_2006
07-16-2007, 11:25 AM
As core team migth be knowing the solution, Can you please provide us some information whether we should go ahead and file today.

johnamit
07-16-2007, 11:27 AM

do you know for sure? NO, then please close thread, its just a speculation and title is misleading.

gc_check
07-16-2007, 11:29 AM
As core team migth be knowing the solution, Can you please provide us some information whether we should go ahead and file today.
I don't think, anyone other than the USCIS/DOS will know the solution or whatever, at this time, untill the information is published to public. Applying AOS or not should be decided by you and your attorney. Not the core, Guess if the core has the updates that you are looking they might have updated in the home page :) by now...

Well I'm also waiitng to see what would be the updates from USCIS, as my 485 papers are not yet submitted but ready to go and the attorney would make the decision based on how this truns out to be... WSJ article is the one that is updates in various website/blog. Have to wait and see...

blackberry
07-16-2007, 11:32 AM
I don't think, anyone other than the USCIS/DOS will know the solution or whatever, at this time, untill the information is published to public. Applying AOS or not should be decided by you and your attorney. Not the core, Guess if the core has the updates that you are looking they might have updated in the home page :) by now...

Well I'm also waiitng to see what would be the updates from USCIS, as my 485 papers are not yet submitted but ready to go and the attorney would make the decision based on how this truns out to be... WSJ article is the one that is updates in various website/blog. Have to wait and see...
well said..

anand2007
07-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I agree with you. I am also just waiting for them to revise to send my App. why can't they revise bulletin and take all applications filed in July. There is no logic whatsoever.

If they accept people who didn't listen to govt annoucement and sent their applications and reject those who sincerely listened and obeyed, well all hell will break loose.I will sue USCIS personally(not a class action suit) and even sell my house to pay the lawyer fees.:mad: wait a minute! i dont have a house....

Thats right.i dont have a house, i dont have a life coz i wa waiting for this damn green card...

my PD Oct 2003, EB3
I-140 approved like years ago(Atleast seems to me.)

n_2006
07-16-2007, 11:52 AM
If look at you at Pappu's announcement, it is certian that core team knows what fix is going to be. And he let members to guess and speculate.

This GC became more like lottery. I sent my documents to lawyer on Jun 25th and he did not file on 2nd and now he is asking me whether to file or not. If my lawyer and employer are that cooperative, I do not need to waste my time on this forum.

well said..