PDA

View Full Version : I am not doing anything at work.....

kumar1
07-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Guys...I am not doing anything at work. This fiasco has just crushed my morale. Am I the only one out here? I hate to admit this but I can't help it. Please share your mind frame. Thanks.

jfredr
07-16-2007, 01:01 PM
i am one like u. checking every site i know every minute

jfredr
07-16-2007, 01:01 PM
i am one like u. checking every site i know every minute

nabs501
07-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Rockford
07-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Guys, be careful in what you post. Last thing you want is loose your job.

lskreddy
07-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Jeez buddy, you did not have to start a new thread to post that.

Don't start one just for the heck of it. I am not taunting you but look at the WSJ threads, there are a million of them and I am surprised lot of us dont have the thread etiquette whatsoever..

Do some research before you can post stuff. Bear in mind that this is a public forum and not some random blog...

Again, I do *not* mean to offend you in any way. I might have committed the same mistake so time in the past.

nixstor
07-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Guys,

There is no need to tell it out loud that you are glued here. Do what you have to do. Stop doing your free advertizing that you are glued here.

ck_b2001
07-16-2007, 01:15 PM
I think it is a good discussion. I am in the same boat. Stuck with this fiasco and checking different sites every minute. I hope this issue sorts out today and i can focus on work.

luckylavs
07-16-2007, 01:16 PM
me and my husband too. For him its been 10 years and without GC life is so depressing. Not asking GC but mim EAD will help a little

Munna Bhai
07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
I am also in the same boat..doing nothing..carrying my laptop everywhere and where I find wireless signal..I sit down and get to our web-site to look for any update.

life sucks..

Aah_GC
07-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Friends, No matter what happens just be positive and keep up your morale. GC or no GC we have a life to live, and there are a lot of friends, family and people who want us to be happy. Let us do the best we can to support amendments and be hopeful and be detached from how it will all turn out.

We are important to this country for the quality of work we do, so let us not lose this present moment.

Good luck and cheer up.

cainath
07-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Guys,

There is no need to tell it out loud that you are glued here. Do what you have to do. Stop doing your free advertizing that you are glued here.

I am in the same boat too , not doing any work in office .My productivity has hit the lowest level ever in my career. I was also wondering if I was the only one in such a state glad to know I am not alone.

Nixstor, No one is free advertising here that we are stuck here on IV all day long. People are just trying to vent there frustrations and I think you as a senior member should try boost peoples morale instead of making stupid sarcastic comments.

prioritydate
07-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Same here. Everytime I close the browser, but I reopen it back and check on these forums. Once in a while, I read what Oh Matthew babbles in his post.

shsk
07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Even me ..
checking all these every minute
Immigrationvoice,
immigration.com
immigration-law.com
murthy.com
greg's blog
:) Hope good news will be arriving soon for all of us.

Meghna
07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
The worst period of u r life time is waiting for GC.

I am not able to concentrate at my work either...
When they announced visa bulliten...my stomach started churning because i did not have a dob and went through great levels to get affidavits.
My date was curren. My lawyer alread applied for 485 in 2004 with out Birth certificate.
He forgot...my bad luck

and finally now...every one who applied with us(12 families) got GC...i am the only one waiting....every day is like hell.
My health is also getting affected.

prioritydate
07-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Guys,

Same to you.

luckylavs
07-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks Aah _ GC for cheering up. some times its very hard to come back to normal as we been waiting for so long not only me but many like me. waiting for some kind of relief.

Thanks again

prioritydate
07-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Curse be upon USCIS. If they don't come up with something positive, they will meet the same fate of the people in Final Destination Movie :mad: :mad: :mad:

kumar1
07-16-2007, 01:44 PM
I think the problem is - we have invested so many years in this process that we really do not want to leave it at this point, especially, when they show you a light of hope for 15 days and then slams the door on you. Sometimes I think, H1-B should have been a "fixed" 6 years VISA with no possibility of GC or extension. I could have made better plans knowing that I have exact 6 years in my hand.

neel_gump
07-16-2007, 01:45 PM
I am also checking www.uscis.gov and travel.state.gov for any new announcements right from DHS and DOS ;)

amar123
07-16-2007, 01:52 PM
if [ -f bulletin_* ]
then
rm bulletin_*;
fi
for i in `seq 1 10`
do
bulletinStr=`expr $i + 3266`
wget http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_$bulletinStr.html >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
done;
if [ -f bulletin_* ]
then
echo SUCCESS_FOUND_NEW_BULLETIN;
ls bulletin_*;
fi

manderson
07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
believe me i can relate. but instead of moping i suggest u channel that energy in IV activities such as media campaign, membership drives, fund-raising, contributing funds etc. You can even contact the core-group if you want to be more closely involved with the lobbying/advocacy efforts.

and if everything fails there's always Canada, Australia or even India.

vsoni
07-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Guys,
We are been monitor closely.
Please.. Please.. Donít express your frustration and donít show them that your are not working what you are paid for.

I highly recommend that, show you are not using any of your companyís hours for your immigration work or checking updates on the web site

This administration doesnít care what you loose morally or economically.
This administration cares only their gain.

America cares about you and you will be heard soon.

Show them that you are doing your job what you are paid for. You could have done more without extra pay. This a direct loses to the company and America.

Show them, Company is spending lots of money and a resource to get your green card and this is a direct loses to the company and America and its productivity.

Demonstrate America is loosing free invitations, patents, technology and engineering resources because of this immigration problem.

I inspire an individual please write your story indicating, how your company is loosing your extra time or work or invention or patentÖ..Show them you will start doing all this only after getting the your green card

STOP crying and convert our pain to their pain and looses and see the different.

Almond
07-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I know how you all feel. Jeez, what a way to live. Always worrying about the next thing, always having to make sure you're not doing the wrong thing because it could cost you even more in time and money. Looking over the lawyer's shoulder, making sure they're doing the right thing. I mentioned this earlier, but it feels like I'm wasting the best years of my life on this, tied to this job, to this employer. What a dead end. And there is so much more to me and my potential I could be taking advantage of. Sometimes I look at people who are from here or who already have their GC and they seem to be lacking in ambition, to not care that their jobs aren't fulfilling them even minimally and it makes me so sad because if I were in their shoes I'm sure I'd do my best to do everything that I can to go further in life. I wonder what it feels like to wake up one morning and know that you have the freedom to just get up and apply for something, anything, and know that the only reason you may get denied is because of experience, or credit or whatever else that has nothing to do with your immigration status. And it's not like I always have the option of going back to my homeland, I mean birthland, because after being here for so long I don't think I could fully reintegrate there anymore because I grew up here and all I know is this place. OK, sob story over everybody go back to work. :D

Almond
07-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Guys,
We are been monitor closely.
Please.. Please.. Donít express your frustration and donít show them that your are not working what you are paid for.

I highly recommend that, show you are not using any of your companyís hours for your immigration work or checking updates on the web site

This administration doesnít care what you loose morally or economically.
This administration cares only their gain.

America cares about you and you will be heard soon.

Show them that you are doing your job what you are paid for. You could have done more without extra pay. This a direct loses to the company and America.

Show them, Company is spending lots of money and a resource to get your green card and this is a direct loses to the company and America and its productivity.

Demonstrate America is loosing free invitations, patents, technology and engineering resources because of this immigration problem.

I inspire an individual please write your story indicating, how your company is loosing your extra time or work or invention or patentÖ..Show them you will start doing all this only after getting the your green card

STOP crying and convert our pain to their pain and looses and see the different.

I don't think there is anything wrong with them seeing our desperation, in fact if they are human they should feel sorry for us and our plights. Not everyone here is a slacker in fact most of us aren't, obviously you get a working visa for a reason. I am posting on the job but I am at lunch and even when I post while I am at work, which I rarely ever do, is when I am taking little breaks to rest my brain from my office work. Giving comfort or whining to and with our fellow legal immigrants isn't a crime. I do understand your point though, I just think we should also consider that maybe they need to see the human side of us too. We're not just working machines.

new2perm
07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I think I broke my F5 key!

kumar1
07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I think I broke my F5 key!

Great one, you made me smile. Thanks.

Aah_GC
07-16-2007, 02:38 PM
You are very right Almond. There is a saying in India that if you put your attention on Goddess of Knowledge Saraswati, the Goddess of Weath Lakshmi will get jealous and will start impressing you. To a large extent, I guess we are all putting a lot of attention on GC, where as if we live up to our potential by making our career, family and Life purpose a priority - we would have much more fulfilling lives. I am not sure if people who have GC are truly happy either.

Yeah, I know how you all feel. Jeez, what a way to live. Always worrying about the next thing, always having to make sure you're not doing the wrong thing because it could cost you even more in time and money. Looking over the lawyer's shoulder, making sure they're doing the right thing. I mentioned this earlier, but it feels like I'm wasting the best years of my life on this, tied to this job, to this employer. What a dead end. And there is so much more to me and my potential I could be taking advantage of. Sometimes I look at people who are from here or who already have their GC and they seem to be lacking in ambition, to not care that their jobs aren't fulfilling them even minimally and it makes me so sad because if I were in their shoes I'm sure I'd do my best to do everything that I can to go further in life. I wonder what it feels like to wake up one morning and know that you have the freedom to just get up and apply for something, anything, and know that the only reason you may get denied is because of experience, or credit or whatever else that has nothing to do with your immigration status. And it's not like I always have the option of going back to my homeland, I mean birthland, because after being here for so long I don't think I could fully reintegrate there anymore because I grew up here and all I know is this place. OK, sob story over everybody go back to work. :D

h1batwork
07-16-2007, 02:47 PM

Very Very well said.

Atmaram
07-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Tried it successfully before on a desi torrent site with random invite schedule.
Get it here (http://www.aignes.com/).

Now back to work, you slackers!

Almond
07-16-2007, 03:02 PM
You are very right Almond. There is a saying in India that if you put your attention on Goddess of Knowledge Saraswati, the Goddess of Weath Lakshmi will get jealous and will start impressing you. To a large extent, I guess we are all putting a lot of attention on GC, where as if we live up to our potential by making our career, family and Life purpose a priority - we would have much more fulfilling lives. I am not sure if people who have GC are truly happy either.

You're right as well, the GC does not guarantee happiness but at least it's one thing that I can't/shouldn't blame for my lack of progress in life (career wise most of the times). God, I can't even imagine what I'll do when I finally get it. They'll probably have to resuscitate me to bring me back. At least I gotz insuranz :D

lkapildev
07-16-2007, 03:02 PM
rm bulletin_*;

Might be a different string this time. Who know they have already released in the website with a different link. Best of Luck!

I too understand everyones pressure. I am one of you. After seeing there would be some good news within next 24 hours, I started refreshing all immigration websites in every 5 mins.

Very sad,

if [ -f bulletin_* ]
then
rm bulletin_*;
fi
for i in `seq 1 10`
do
bulletinStr=`expr $i + 3266`
wget http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_$bulletinStr.html >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
done;
if [ -f bulletin_* ]
then
echo SUCCESS_FOUND_NEW_BULLETIN;
ls bulletin_*;
fi

sapota
07-16-2007, 03:07 PM
1. GRE/GMAT
2. TOEFL
3. GPA
4. US university admission
5. scholarship
6. Job
7. H1B
8. Labor certification
9. GC
10. Life

Listed above are events that atleast some people in this forum are familiar with.

The order in which they are listed is from most objective to most subjective with 1. being most objective & 10 being most subjective.

I dont even have a point to make. Just found this list interesting :cool:

Rockford
07-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Now that it is going to be good news for all. Go back to work.
Or you can't work because you are so happy ???

Read Logiclife's update :)

Aah_GC
07-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Good luck to you Almond! I hope you live up to your potential and get your Green Card (or anything that makes your flexible and happy :) ) soon.

You're right as well, the GC does not guarantee happiness but at least it's one thing that I can't/shouldn't blame for my lack of progress in life (career wise most of the times). God, I can't even imagine what I'll do when I finally get it. They'll probably have to resuscitate me to bring me back. At least I gotz insuranz :D

kumar1
07-16-2007, 05:42 PM
our dear Murthy-Ji is sleeping somewhere.....someone wake her up please.

mrmr
07-16-2007, 06:00 PM
i bought an iPhone just to be in touch with the web updates!!!

JazzByTheBay
07-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Reportedly, Apple is entering the market for bottled H2O. Every crate will actually receive the divine touch of his holiness Mr. Jobs. It'll be packed in designer bottles custom-made for Apple by companies in Somalia, and come in 7 different colors. It'll be part of the "One more thing... " announcement by Jobs at the next gathering of Jobs' cult, and be endorsed by the popular rock band U2 and Paris Hilton.

It's called iWater. Coming soon to an Apple store near you.

i bought an iPhone just to be in touch with the web updates!!!

GCEB2
07-16-2007, 08:52 PM
does this mean if uscis allows us to apply for 485 then when do we get our EAD's and Ap's considering the volume of people applying

deafTunes123
07-16-2007, 08:54 PM
We are team of 10 programmers in our project. Except Manager all are on H1B. Over the past 1 month, all the 9 are in same boat of not working. I dont know where the project is heading..

sanju
07-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I think employers should read this thread and see that what green card backlog is doing to their bottom line. It is no secret that stress due to green card delays drives down productivity. If companies are asking their green card backlogged employees to be creative or design new products or solve big problems, then either it will take more time or it won't happen. I think large companies like Intel, Oracle, Microsoft, Cisco, HP, Qualcomm, Nokia, TI and others must see this. Why? Because this effects their bottom line in each quarter. They MUST see it coming because this is a huge problem with the INNOVATION. If I was a researcher and my family and I are living under uncertainty due to my backlogged green card application, I am not sure how my employer can expect me to be creative and innovate to find cure for a disease. Bottom-line is, green card backlog has far reaching consequences.

If any anti-immigrant is reading this, please consider that it is possible that in 2-3 years, you or your close family member will die of a disease for which a green card backlogged applicant could have found a cure, but couldn’t due to his/her low morale and frustration with the current card process spanning 6-12 years. What if after the death of your loved one, someone could truly show you that your loved one could be saved, but your actions made sure that your loved once and many others like your loved one die. What will you do then? In the field that I work and from what I have seen, this is very much a reality. Most of the researchers finding cure for diseases are immigrants, and a large % waiting for their green cards. You may never come to know about your contribution in delaying finding a cure for some disease, but the fact is, you are responsible for the pain and sufferings of not just people suffering because of green cards, but also the chain-effect that this issue has into the rest of the society.

With you causing delay in finding cure for a disease, what will you say to the last man who dies because there is no cure for a disease, the cure, which could have been possible?

guyfromsg
07-16-2007, 10:26 PM

Agree with you especially on the lawyer part. Always worried about what if scenarios when the send the documents out.

I posted the question to couple of friends who got green cards few months/years back and their lack of ambition or why they are still with the same company. And their standard answer is getting GC doesn't change a thing. You feel good for few months and go to shell. I guess it comes naturally after being in the same job doing same thing again and again. Probably get tired and accept the fate?

himu73
07-16-2007, 10:50 PM
This had exact reverse effect on me. I am giving my GMAT and preparing for an MBA. I totally got out of this loop cos of the fiasco,
Guys...I am not doing anything at work. This fiasco has just crushed my morale. Am I the only one out here? I hate to admit this but I can't help it. Please share your mind frame. Thanks.

Almond
07-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Agree with you especially on the lawyer part. Always worried about what if scenarios when the send the documents out.

I posted the question to couple of friends who got green cards few months/years back and their lack of ambition or why they are still with the same company. And their standard answer is getting GC doesn't change a thing. You feel good for few months and go to shell. I guess it comes naturally after being in the same job doing same thing again and again. Probably get tired and accept the fate?

I thought about this too. I think that many of us get caught up in the fact that we feel like our hands and feet are tied because of this situation and of course the natural reaction to this is to find a way to break the ties and dream of running away. But once you break the ties you may find that as long as you can stretch out and get up and walk around for a while, you're ok, and you don't need to run at all. I think we don't realize that oftentimes, our desperation is making us think further than our actual potential would take us. Sometimes when you break the ties you realize that what you were wishing for while in bondage wasn't the best thing for you after all, it was just your desperation wanting to break free and get away and making it look like you wanted more JUST because you were tied up. There is nothing wrong with just wanting a comfortable job that takes care of your family and has good benefits and is secure. But I'm sitting at my desk and I'm doing what I was trained to do, what I'm qualified to do, and I'm doing it well and exceeding my boss' expectations and getting tons of praise and rewards for it and yet I am so unfulfilled with it. I think some have motivation to do certain things and others don't and some have potential to move towards certain things and others don't. I just feel in my heart that if this situation were resolved tomorrow, by midnight tomorrow I'd have a set plan on what to do next with my future. I think you just have to want to change things, you can't just want the GC and then use it just to change jobs. I hope this makes sense...