PDA

View Full Version : AILA/AILF Update July 16 6.00 pm Eastern Time

delax
07-16-2007, 06:41 PM
"Rumors have been rampant about whether (and, if so, how) Department of Homeland Security and/or Department of State are going to address their actions resulting in the refusal of adjustment of status filings for most employment-based applicants in July and for 'other worker' applicants during June. There have been efforts, including EXTREMELY active efforts by AILA and AILF, on all possible fronts to pressure the government into remedying its own actions. However, as of this writing nothing has been resolved and it is not known if it will be resolved without litigation. The situation is extremely fluid, and as soon as there is something FACTUAL to report, it will be posted immediately on InfoNet."

babu123
07-16-2007, 06:56 PM
oh man!! Still not resolved. Have to see how it goes

micofrost
07-16-2007, 06:59 PM
AILA/AILF

Another mess in creation or what. Whatever AILA/AILF is publishing is in stark contrast to IV and others.
What the hell is happening. I would love to believe IV but would hate to ignore AILA. IS AILA screwing up because they need some financial reimbursement too. From their press release, looks like we have a long ride ahead.

saibaba
07-16-2007, 07:03 PM
wats goin on folks....I just got this news from my buddy,started surfing IV and found this thread....

acecupid
07-16-2007, 07:24 PM
They have been talking about this lawsuit for a long time now. I wonder when they will actually file it. Though they claim that they will file it this week, I would trust them only when they actually do file the lawsuit.:D

sumansk
07-16-2007, 07:49 PM
AILA/AILF please do some good work other than chiding for spreading rumours.I beleive IV and their internal contacts..and totally beleive this infor from LOGICBHAI...
I suggest AILA does some really good work for the legal guys....

akr_roy
07-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Lets not count the chickens before they are hatched. Its entirely plausible that if anything favourable comes up, its due to combined efforts. Lets not fight out yet, as if we havent seen anything concrete yet.

cheers

jasmin45
07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
There's another thread with same details being discussed in the forum.

perm2gc
07-16-2007, 08:14 PM
They have been talking about this lawsuit for a long time now. I wonder when they will actually file it. Though they claim that they will file it this week, I would trust them only when they actually do file the lawsuit.:D
they will file once every attorney made enough money by filing our i485 based on their never going to be filed lawsuit:D

shaikhshehzadali
07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Lets not count the chickens before they are hatched. Its entirely plausible that if anything favourable comes up, its due to combined efforts. Lets not fight out yet, as if we havent seen anything concrete yet.

cheers

It's pretty strange..I really don't understand...why the entire credit is either being given to IV...or for that matter to AILA/AILF....Everyone has contributed....

People about to file I-485 have spread the word to everyone abt the injustice done to them...whereas each organization has done its own thing...

I won't blame or taunt AILA/AILF....because the idea of class lawsuit itself would have scared a lot of people in USCIS.....that also coming from legal organization...And filing a lawsuit takes time...there r lot of things to be considered..

zCool
07-16-2007, 08:21 PM
I think IV did great today. BUT
lets not act as children and pick fights with AILA. Please remember, due to their vested interest, there is NO ONE else who is more PRO-immigrant than AILA.. not even tech-employers..
So if they are saying situation might be fluid and if they are saying not to spread rumours.. then so BE it..
I hope I am wrong but seems like tiny access and frustration is causing few IV core members BIG heads ..
This is time to be calm, AND YES DISCREET!!!!

Before people start dumping on me.. please note.. we are among friends here and one of the ways to keep in check these things is to call upon friends when you feel they made a mistake.. and I FEEL IV made a mistake.. NOT in disclosing the knowledge but making an issue out of AILA warning and picking fights with them..! So lets take that out.. we know you stand by.. why keep it..?

mohitb272
07-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Hats off to IV :) :)

Waiting for the good news...

delax
07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
lets not act as children and pick fights with AILA. Please remember, due to their vested interest, there is NO ONE else who is more PRO-immigrant than AILA.. not even tech-employers..
So if they are saying situation might be fluid and if they are saying not to spread rumours.. then so BE it..
I hope I am wrong but seems like tiny access and frustration is causing few IV core members BIG heads ..

Before people start dumping on me.. please note.. we are among friends here and one of the ways to keep in check these things is to call upon friends when you feel they made a mistake.. and I FEEL IV made a mistake.. NOT in disclosing the knowledge but making an issue out of AILA warning and picking fights with them..! So lets take that out.. we know you stand by.. why keep it..?

Well said - The greatness of a person lies in the humility that goes with success.

I cant imagine the Mahatma thumping his chest with arrogant pride when India attained independence. So much for our committment to Gandhigiri that at the first sign of success - the daggers are out of the cloak.

delax
07-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Check this post from logiclife
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=117422#post117422

Originally Posted by logiclife
IV core stands by the information it provided this afternoon about a solution that will be announced soon. If not on Monday, it will be annouced on Tuesday or Wednesday (Latest). These things could take time to process because of numerous departments and agencies involved and various procedures involved.

AILA has reported that decision has not yet been reached and wont be reached without lawsuit.

That information is not true based on what we know and we stick to our assertion that a solution that gives us relief has been worked out and a lawsuit will not be needed.

AILA/AILF is free to file its lawsuit if it feels the need to do that, however we have been hearing about them filing the lawsuit since July 2nd. And if they are so sure that lawsuit is the only way that solution will come out, then why dont we see the lawsuit yet ? After all, private parties and smaller lawfirms have filed lawsuit so what's the hold-up at AILA/AILF if they are so sure that no solution is possible without lawsuits ?

Logiclife - I think it was a great idea to delete your post above - I truly think that the efforts of IV need to be commended but lets not forget that it was equally a combined effort of ALL stakeholders involved. Lets be humble during this hour of aniticipation.

redddiv
07-16-2007, 09:53 PM
I agree with this idea.

shivaz90
07-16-2007, 11:40 PM
It's pretty strange..I really don't understand...why the entire credit is either being given to IV...or for that matter to AILA/AILF....Everyone has contributed....

People about to file I-485 have spread the word to everyone abt the injustice done to them...whereas each organization has done its own thing...

I won't blame or taunt AILA/AILF....because the idea of class lawsuit itself would have scared a lot of people in USCIS.....that also coming from legal organization...And filing a lawsuit takes time...there r lot of things to be considered..

Well .. lets think for a second before trumpeting our victory here. And Victory, I mean is not achieved by one group over the other. Various groups and parties have put in thier efforts to find a resolution and to cast blame on one another is playing some childish games.

Lets leave out our passion for a second and think "logically" for a second - which one of this scares the s*** out of the USCIS people here - flower campaign or a Class action lawsuit by bunch of immigration lawyers? I am not doubting anyone's efforts here - but to say that we have achieved victory here is too early, too short sighted and blaming other groups for not doing much is silly. As much as the flower campaign help spread the word among the media of the plight of legal immigrants - the proposed lawsuit has made USCIS tremble in thier pants.

Sheikh - couldn't agree more here with you.