PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to sign the I-485 filing 'Cover Letter'.

Springflower
07-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Hi,

I have filed I-485 application myself for me & my wife on July 5th, 2007.
I have listed all the documents in the packet on the cover letter, but forgot to sign the at the bottom (both me & my wife) after 'Sincerely'.It has blank in place of my signature and name printed in the brackets.Will it be a problem?
What should I do now to correct this? Should I send the signed cover letter separately (explaining that I forgot to sign)? Your suggestion is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

neoneo
07-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Hi,

I have listed all the documents in the packet on the cover letter, but forgot to sign the at the bottom (both me & my wife) after 'Sincerely'.It has blank in place of my signature and name printed in the brackets.Will it be a problem?
What should I do now to correct this? Should I send the signed cover letter separately (explaining that I forgot to sign)? Your suggestion is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

What cover letter ?.. did u sign all the forms ? those a important ! .. cover letter-- i don't think they care, unless it has some legal info. If it's just a list, it doesnt matter.

ping ur attorney though.

Springflower
07-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have signed all the forms and included all the documents. Wrote a cover letter listing all the documents in the packet(like Affidavits, W2's, Passport copy etc.), but in a hurry forgot to sign the cover letter.

raysaikat
07-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have signed all the forms and included all the documents. Wrote a cover letter listing all the documents in the packet(like Affidavits, W2's, Passport copy etc.), but in a hurry forgot to sign the cover letter.
Does not matter.

bestia
07-17-2007, 03:48 AM
cover letter doesn't matter. they don't want it, more over you made officer read extra page of stuff... :) creating backlogs :)

bmneni
07-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Forgot/didn't know about A# mentioned on my I-140 approval and did not mention it on I-485 application/EAD/AP. will it be an issue??

Springflower
07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
bmneni,

My understanding is that, you wouldn't have an 'A#' when you apply for I-485(if it's first time). If it is second time, then you have to mention the 'A#' assigned to you. Guys, please correct me if I am wrong.

Almond
07-17-2007, 09:42 AM
bmneni,

My understanding is that, you wouldn't have an 'A#' when you apply for I-485(if it's first time). If it is second time, then you have to mention the 'A#' assigned to you. Guys, please correct me if I am wrong.

You do have an A number-you're assigned one when you get your approved I140. I remember having to tell my lawyer on my own to put it on there (in front of me) he didn't even think to do it himself:mad:

Bmneni, if you enclosed a copy of that approved I140 you should be ok although from what I hear, to make it easier on the person processing your paperwork it'd be nice to put it on the other forms too. But if a copy of the I140 is there, I think you'll be ok.

gc0402
07-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Forgot/didn't know about A# mentioned on my I-140 approval and did not mention it on I-485 application/EAD/AP. will it be an issue??
If it is mentioned in I-140 approval, do we supposed to write in I-485 and other applications? As I understand, A# is registration # and which is assigned when I-485 is accepted? Please somebody confirm it.

Almond
07-17-2007, 10:17 AM
If it is mentioned in I-140 approval, do we supposed to write in I-485 and other applications? As I understand, A# is registration # and which is assigned when I-485 is accepted? Please somebody confirm it.

That's your alien number and it's given to you when your I140 is approved. See my post above.

eager_immi
07-17-2007, 10:28 AM
A# is either someting that you get by the following ways:

1. If you were a student and were on OPT the EAD card had an A#
2. Sometimes when your I-140 is approved it comes with A# (NOT ALWAYS NO ONE KNOWS WHY/WHY NOT)
3. When your I-485 is accepted most likely you will get a new A#

So if you have 1 or 2 use it else leave it blank.

That's your alien number and it's given to you when your I140 is approved. See my post above.

gc0402
07-17-2007, 12:19 PM
A# is either someting that you get by the following ways:

1. If you were a student and were on OPT the EAD card had an A#
2. Sometimes when your I-140 is approved it comes with A# (NOT ALWAYS NO ONE KNOWS WHY/WHY NOT)
3. When your I-485 is accepted most likely you will get a new A#

So if you have 1 or 2 use it else leave it blank.

Thank you for the clarifications. One more doubt:
G-325A has got got file no. which starts with A and Alien Registration no in the bottom. Should we have to fill A# against file no. in top with our A# got with I-140 approval?

sledge_hammer
07-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Its very natural to get paranoid about little things like signing the cover letter specially when we are at the mercy of USCIS. But is there an end to how much we can be paranoid about? No. So I suggest you sit tight and let the chips fall where they may.

Not signing the cover letter is not an issue in my opinion!

Hi,

Thank you.