PDA

View Full Version : Visa Bulletin For August 2007

Gravitation
07-17-2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3269.html

dreamworld
07-17-2007, 05:44 PM
D. JULY EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY

After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.

luckylavs
07-17-2007, 05:44 PM
what is this ?
All EB based is displayed as U. Is there no annoucement ?

rbalaji5
07-17-2007, 05:48 PM

After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.

vfx
07-17-2007, 05:49 PM
The July 2nd bulletin is withdrawn and the initial July bulletin holds

nsb
07-17-2007, 05:52 PM

gc1024
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM

The above has these two items.

E. AUGUST EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY

All Employment-based preference categories are “Unavailable” for August. At this time, it is uncertain whether any numbers will be returned and can be reallocated at a future date. Until informed otherwise, all readers should assume that the categories will remain unavailable until October, which is the beginning of the new fiscal year.

Is D applicable to those who filed earlier this month and E for those waiting to file?

skothuru
07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I think we can still file till July 31st as per July Visa Bulletin (released on June 12)

This is AWESOME!!!!!

loudobbs
07-17-2007, 06:18 PM
A. STATUTORY NUMBERS

1. This bulletin summarizes the availability of immigrant numbers during August. Consular officers are required to report to the Department of State documentarily qualified applicants for numerically limited visas; the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security reports applicants for adjustment of status. Allocations were made, to the extent possible under the numerical limitations, for the demand received by July 13th in the chronological order of the reported priority dates. If the demand could not be satisfied within the statutory or regulatory limits, the category or foreign state in which demand was excessive was deemed oversubscribed. The cut-off date for an oversubscribed category is the priority date of the first applicant who could not be reached within the numerical limits. Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number. Immediately that it becomes necessary during the monthly allocation process to retrogress a cut-off date, supplemental requests for numbers will be honored only if the priority date falls within the new cut-off date.

Does this mean all AOS applications received or only consular processing cases??

franklin
07-17-2007, 06:37 PM
[I]A. STATUTORY NUMBERS

You seriously think anyone is going to answer given your user name?!

loudobbs
07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
You seriously think anyone is going to answer given your user name?!

I was trying to be sarcastic....:D :D :D :D

chanukya
07-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Check this out.

http://www.murthy.com/uscis_update.pdf

kdprasad
07-17-2007, 06:57 PM
THANKS IV and

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE

gg_ny
07-17-2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3269.html

As I feared, the questions about lost, returned, missed, mislaid and vanished visa numbers went unanswered in this bulletin. There is a vague reference to the returned visas while in truth 1) visa numbers have been returned to DOS
2) there is no real proof that even majority of claimed visas had been used by CIS. It is left to Ombudsman in 2008 to cry over the numbers that would be lost by sept 2007. Basically, the relief from fiasco benefits those who are filing 485 and CIS (in terms of hiked EAD/AP fees for next 4-5 years for each 485 applicant).
I believe that in a master move CIS (and maybe DOS) has buried the skeletons for good now. This has become almost like a game of chess. With each bulletin, CIS is becoming stronger and nastier like Voldemart!

jayz
07-17-2007, 07:53 PM
While today's development is great news for folks in the 485/AOS cue, what happens with people in CP? With the opening of the floodgates, I am unsure when visas will be available to CP cases who were scheduled for interviews in Aug and beyond. I am a great supporter of today's victory, but I am unsure where CP cases stand now? Another 4 year wait?