View Full Version : bulletin

Since1997
07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Aug bulletin:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3269.html

satishbsk
07-17-2007, 05:46 PM
D. JULY EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY

After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.

xlr8r
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Where did you see this? I can see the Aug bulletin but not your update.

After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.

j_manav
07-17-2007, 05:55 PM

E. AUGUST EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY

What does this mean... Is this an annoucement

tinamatthew
07-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Aug bulletin:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3269.html

IS THIS GOOD NEWS?? UNAVAILABLE FOR EVERY EMPLOYMENT BASED CATEGORY???

Jamin
07-17-2007, 06:01 PM
H U R R A Y!!!!

All you guys can file.... Our voice is heard! Hail you members....Hail IV..

Those of you who haven't filed yet, FILE IT IMMDTLY!!!

danu2007
07-17-2007, 06:15 PM
The DOS bulletin update under section D as if nothing has happened and they say "Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn."..in a very simple way...

Thanks again for all the IV support....Great news...

So what will happen to already filed applications?
They didn't say that they will accept application till August..May be it will come in another press release..

Saralayar
07-17-2007, 06:47 PM

Does this mean that we have to file I-485 before August 1st?. From August 1st, the August visa bulletin is effective and all the EB category dates are U.:confused:

adde72
07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Does this mean that we have to file I-485 before August 1st?. From August 1st, the August visa bulletin is effective and all the EB category dates are U.:confused:

You can file until Aug 16 .However from July 30 , you have to pay new feess..Better apply before July 30 and contribute to IV

rkm
07-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks again for all the IV support....Great news...

Thank you very much Pappu, Logic Life and IV core members..

Your great effort brought us this great news and relief

gchopeful
07-17-2007, 07:51 PM
You can file until Aug 16 .However from July 30 , you have to pay new feess..Better apply before July 30 and contribute to IV

After July 30th, you have to pay the higher fee, but you will get free AP/EADs for the entire duration until adjudication.

So, it's up to you (and whoever is paying for ur EADs).. you can decide appropriately.

gchopeful
07-17-2007, 08:03 PM
After July 30th, you have to pay the higher fee, but you will get free AP/EADs for the entire duration until adjudication.

So, it's up to you (and whoever is paying for ur EADs).. you can decide appropriately.

I'm sorry, I think I misspoke.

From the USCIS memo posted on AILA's website (ref: http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22912):

USCISís announcement today allows anyone who was eligible to apply under Visa Bulletin No. 107 a full monthís time to do so. Applications already properly filed with USCIS will also be accepted. The current fee schedule will apply to all applications filed under Visa Bulletin No. 107 through August 17, 2007. (The new fee schedule that becomes effective on July 30, 2007, will
apply to all other applications filed on or after July 30, 2007).

So I guess, the old fee will still apply even after July 30th for 485 filings.. and I guess no free EAD benefits will apply either. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

dasmilan
07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/VisaBulletinUpdate17Jul07.pdf