PDA

View Full Version : Expect changes in processing times

kaisersose
07-17-2007, 10:13 PM
As I was on another thread, "Expect your receipts in 1-2 years from now".

For the 60K people whose H-1b applications were filed and selected on April 1st, USCIS took almost 3 months to just encash checks and send out receipts.

Here we are talking half a million + dependants. Add AP for all of them and EAD for all adults. We are talking millions of receipts here compared to the measly 60K H-1b Applications.

In the coming weeks, USCIS is almost certain to remove the 90 day gurantee for EAD as well. We cannot blame them for not being able to deal with a million EADs all at once.

ilikekilo
07-17-2007, 10:19 PM
i see whatu mean but this is too early to speculate..file and kick back and relax

rustamehind
07-17-2007, 10:20 PM

For the 60K people whose H-1b applications were filed and selected on April 1st, USCIS took almost 3 months to just encash checks and send out receipts.

Here we are talking half a million + dependants. Add AP for all of them and EAD for all adults. We are talking millions of receipts here compared to the measly 60K H-1b Applications.

In the coming weeks, USCIS is almost certain to remove the 90 day gurantee for EAD as well. We cannot blame them for not being able to deal with a million EADs all at once.

Quite a valid point.I was thinking to stay on H1 as far as possible , as I still have 2 and 1/2 years left.EAD & AP renewal may become very difficult with this deluge of applications.

kaisersose
07-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah...this is time to celebrate and have fun. But I think it also time to consider some realistic changes that are likely to happen with the barrage of applications USCIS will have to deal with in the coming weeks and months.

People who are counting on getting EADs in 3 months should be aware of these constraints so they can be better prepared.

USCIS can re-introdouce the concept of interim EADs from local offices. More 485 cases can be sent to local offices for speedy processing as well. So there are some measures they can take to deal with this problem. We will see...

actonwang
07-17-2007, 10:31 PM
don't want to see another backlog genereated ...

saimrathi
07-17-2007, 10:36 PM
They need to get their act together, as they claim they need to improve the efficiency maybe they'll do some hiring, process improvements and get the ball rolling.. for now, like someone else, lets just sit back and enjoy the ride.. atleast we saved $352 million collectively (do not quote me on the amount, i gather it from visiting the forums)...

abhisam
07-17-2007, 10:49 PM
does anyone have an idea after how many days you are called for finger printing after having filed for AOS? I understand there might be delays now considering the amount of applications, but I would like to visit my native country and wanted to know if it would be safe to go in November (we are july filers).

sks_2002
07-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Great work IV for making this happen. But I agree with the concerns of backlogged EAD/AP. I think we should work with USCIS towards issuing interim EADs atleast . Else it will take 1-2 years just to get a receipt...That would defeat our purpose.

So what did we acheive? Just moved the backlog from "waiting to file I-485 to waiting for EAD" ? And I am not even talking about getting the GC .Who knows when we will get that?

serg
07-17-2007, 11:32 PM
don't want to see another backlog genereated ...

It's already begun :( Take a look on NSC processing times: PT for 485 EB2 moved back for a month, and that is only beginning. :(

InTheMoment
07-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Serg, did you mean EB for I-485 at NSC? they are not sgregated as per the categories in the processing times.

With just the June filings the difference between RD and ND was streched to about 1 month from the normal 1-2 weeks.

In a nutshell: Get ready for another BEC at USCIS! Well, we asked for it :)

On another note thanks to Department of State for jumping the gun and making all Current for July. If it were not for their miscommunication and anxiety to fill up the quota for this year, this blessing in the short term/mess in the long term would not not have befallen upon us ...

serg
07-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Yep.

As someone mentioned here: for example, cap for India is about 10K visas/year (7% out of 140K total), assume there were 100K filed apps, which is unreally small number (estimated is about 500K), but even in this case Indians already created queue for 10 years :(

jambapamba
07-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Yep.

As someone mentioned here: for example, cap for India is about 10K visas/year (7% out of 140K total), assume there were 100K filed apps, which is unreally small number (estimated is about 500K), but even in this case Indians already created queue for 10 years :(

Remember, only 28.6% of that 10K belongs to your category...let it be EB2 or eb3.

serg
07-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Serg, did you mean EB for I-485 at NSC? they are not sgregated as per the categories in the processing times.

Sorry, 485 at TSC, but anyway: IMHO, everything is cross-connected. For those 500K new apps there are NO additional ppl in CIS! Someone should sort, accept, and so on. A huge load with receipes, EADs, APs and so on. Everything will go slow down. Well, they've made a great job by approving a lot of 485s, but tell me WHY processing times went back? What happened? And I'm talking about EB2! What happened with 140s PT (NSC)?? Why the hell PT were moving month/month, and last month they do only 3 days? (EB3) I dunno ... It's kinda weird :)

serg
07-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Remember, only 28.6% of that 10K belongs to your category...let it be EB2 or eb3.

Category doesn't matter, I was making a note that 10-years queue already here.

BTW, I'm not happy with this, even I'm from ROW. Just disappointed with all this ;)

swo
07-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Yep.

This is not quite right. It's 7% of all family AND employment. So it could be more or less than 7% or EB immigration depending on whether or not there are a lot of family based indian petitions.

In addition to this, 7% is not an entitlement or quota. It's just a cap. Any one country could receive less than that cap.

abhisam
07-18-2007, 04:04 AM
does anyone have an idea after how many days you are called for finger printing after having filed for AOS? I understand there might be delays now considering the amount of applications, but I would like to visit my native country and wanted to know if it would be safe to go in November (we are july filers).
any help someone?

aries22
07-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Update on Delays in Interim Employment Authorization Documents (EADs)

USCIS has announced a procedure to allow the issuance of interim EADs in certain situations. By regulation, if an EAD request has been pending at a Service Center for more than 90 days, USCIS is required to issue an interim EAD. For many years, interim EADs were issued by local CIS offices; however, this practice was eliminated in the summer of 2006. Since that time, applicants for EADs have had no means by which to apply for an interim EAD if their application takes more than 90 days.

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) has advised that if an EAD is delayed beyond 90 days, an applicant should schedule an infopass appointment at his local CIS office to request an interim EAD. Upon the applicant's request, the local CIS office will contact VSC. VSC will then review the applicant's file to determine if the EAD application can be adjudicated. In instances where the EAD application can be immediately adjudicated, an EAD will be issued. If the application cannot be immediately adjudicated, an interim EAD will be issued

Joybose
07-18-2007, 10:58 AM
I guess this is a reality check, do you guys know what is the travel restrictions after I485 has been filed?

aries22
07-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I guess this is a reality check, do you guys know what is the travel restrictions after I485 has been filed?

If so,I don't have link but I've read in one of the threads in murthy

GCBy3000
07-18-2007, 11:07 AM
USCIS is all of BS. When they can adjucate the 140 in one day for premium processing, why my regular 140 is pending for a year. They just want to keep it and sit on it for ever and milk money from others. They need to be whipped naked in the public.

rustamehind
07-18-2007, 11:17 AM
USCIS is all of BS. When they can adjucate the 140 in one day for premium processing, why my regular 140 is pending for a year. They just want to keep it and sit on it for ever and milk money from others. They need to be whipped naked in the public.

I agree with you dude.Even I had to shell out 1000 bucks to get my 140 approved which was biting dust for 4 months.I call it offerings now , monthly offeings to LORD USCIS.

stldude
07-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Can we not get Interim EAD.. I thought we can get atleast interim EAD after 3 months.. Hope we get teh benefits of EAD without waiting for couple of years just for EAD... Can someoen shed some light on the procedure for it pls.

USCIS has announced a procedure to allow the issuance of interim EADs in certain situations. By regulation, if an EAD request has been pending at a Service Center for more than 90 days, USCIS is required to issue an interim EAD. For many years, interim EADs were issued by local CIS offices; however, this practice was eliminated in the summer of 2006. Since that time, applicants for EADs have had no means by which to apply for an interim EAD if their application takes more than 90 days.

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) has advised that if an EAD is delayed beyond 90 days, an applicant should schedule an infopass appointment at his local CIS office to request an interim EAD. Upon the applicant's request, the local CIS office will contact VSC. VSC will then review the applicant's file to determine if the EAD application can be adjudicated. In instances where the EAD application can be immediately adjudicated, an EAD will be issued. If the application cannot be immediately adjudicated, an interim EAD will be issued

howzatt
07-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Can we not get Interim EAD.. I thought we can get atleast interim EAD after 3 months.. Hope we get teh benefits of EAD without waiting for couple of years just for EAD... Can someoen shed some light on the procedure for it pls.

time to change your signature. The boat never left the shore :)

stldude
07-18-2007, 11:25 AM
How does this signature look :)

abhisam
07-18-2007, 02:36 PM

Yes. Here's an FAQ from Murthy about this:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_intead.html

jonty_11
07-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Yes. Here's an FAQ from Murthy about this:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_intead.html
I think this should be next on IVs agenda....making sure USCIS sticks to its rules on EAD/AP issuance timelines, and does not cancel Interim EAD thing.

sheela
07-18-2007, 03:16 PM

They said to have approved 25000 on 1-weekend !!!. remember weekend of june/july

kaisersose
07-18-2007, 03:26 PM
They said to have approved 25000 on 1-weekend !!!. remember weekend of june/july

oh...They just assigned visa numbers to cases that were already processed and were lying in cold storage as no visa numbers were available.

Besides, they had strong reasons to do that. Why would they work actively on our EADs? They will follow their usual pace.