PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Question

seaken75
07-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Today is a great day in IV history!

We filed our AOS last week (EB3 PD Jan 2007). My wife is currently pregnant and so she could not take all the vaccinations that are required in the medicals. She did the other required medicals though.

My question: Will this cause our applications to be denied? OR will they allow my wife to get the shots after our baby is born?

Anyone with experience please help.

Thanks in advance!

bombaysardar
07-17-2007, 11:22 PM
If you look at the rules closely on the website, pregnant women are exempted from taking shots. The medical tests should not be a problem.

gimme_gc_asap
07-17-2007, 11:24 PM
short answer is no....and the long answer is "no" as well..IMHO

We filed our AOS last week (EB3 PD Jan 2007). My wife is currently pregnant and so she could not take all the vaccinations that are required in the medicals. She did the other required medicals though.

My question: Will this cause our applications to be denied? OR will they allow my wife to get the shots after our baby is born?

Thanks in advance!

seaken75
07-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Do you have the link? Thanks! :)

If you look at the rules closely on the website, pregnant women are exempted from taking shots. The medical tests should not be a problem.

seaken75
07-17-2007, 11:25 PM
I posted two questions.....which one are you answering to? (i hope it's the first)

short answer is no....and the long answer is "no" as well..IMHO

TomPlate
07-17-2007, 11:35 PM
You should not have a problem. But you will get an RFE and then you need to complete. But good if you can get medical examination completed, because almost everyone would have put that shot in India. Convey your doctor to say yes and complete it.

kaisersose
07-17-2007, 11:44 PM

Thanks in advance!

Same as my case. This is not a problem. You can either send in her vaccine reports when she gets them or else USCIS will issue an RFE and you can send the reports as part of the response.

Hope_GC
07-17-2007, 11:57 PM
I am on the same boat.. My Wife is Expecting...Doctor filling I-693 form will file for exception.
and we need to take the shots after the pregnancy and feeding.

Thanks in advance!

eers
07-18-2007, 12:03 AM
if u go to the doc, they will perform the the tests that are ok to perform..

Check with doc if they will accept the test results (PAP , HIV , etc) from your obgyns office. These tests are already done during initial stages of pregnancy.

Finally the doc will add a note to the medical report that some tests/shots are omited due to pregnancy.

I went through same thing..

Will the case be accepted with this partial report-- It will be.

Will there be an RFE? -- i dont know.. may be

skodu
07-18-2007, 12:39 AM
My Wife was 5 months pregnant when we went for medical exam in June 07. Her Obgyn did all the HPV and HIV medical tests in Feb 07 and additionally did the vericella anti bodies blood test in May 07. She did not take the this time TB skin test as both of us tested Skin test positive and Chest X ray negative in 2003 and we both took 9 months preventive medication.

We transferred all the medical records from my Primary care to Civil surgeon for other vaccinations that we took back in 2004 before going for our first baby so that we don't get into this vaccinations mess . So he just wrote the comment to do the Chest X Ray again at primary care physician after the baby is born and certified fully healthy. So this time I did not spend a dime on her medical tests as everything was covered by Insurance. I just took chest X Ray and then Blood test at county health department.

All you need to do is to take the records from your primary care or OBGYN and take them to Civil surgeon. Make sure to take your wife's blood reports done OBGYN in addition to her referral letter. Everything will be alright. If you did not take vaccines, then he will write his recommendation which will result in RFE.

seaken75
07-18-2007, 01:55 AM
What kind of RFE besides the letter from the OBG doctor?

if u go to the doc, they will perform the the tests that are ok to perform..

Check with doc if they will accept the test results (PAP , HIV , etc) from your obgyns office. These tests are already done during initial stages of pregnancy.

Finally the doc will add a note to the medical report that some tests/shots are omited due to pregnancy.

I went through same thing..

Will the case be accepted with this partial report-- It will be.

Will there be an RFE? -- i dont know.. may be

inskrish
07-18-2007, 02:22 AM

Thanks in advance!

As long as you can submit your wife's pregnency certificate, you are OK. Besides, since your case will take at least 5 years to get the approval, you don't need to bother about RFEs.:-)

Regards,
IK

bfadlia
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM
my wife is pregnant and we told the civil surgeon she tested +ve in the TB test two years ago. He decided he'll indicate that in his report and he won't ask her to do the TB test, x-rays and some vaccinations, said we can do them after she gives birth and USCIS will have no problem with that.

Is he being optimistic / interpretting rules loosely?

Thanks.