PDA

View Full Version : July2nd Filers

virald
07-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Continuing on this forum with more generic title
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10383

Per Greg Siskind -- July 2nd filers might have to file again, as all July 2nd application were rejected. Check out the link below as well as the comment section for the blog

Greg Siskind is reporting the following about July2nd rejection here
http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2007/07/faqs-part-1.html

part of above post --
USCIS did not state how cases filed and rejected on the 2nd are to be handled other than to say that properly filed applications would be accepted. This presumably covers the many cases filed after the second that were held, but it doesnít explain what will happen to the cases received earlier. We hope USCIS will issue special instructions to issue July 2nd receipt dates to those who are able to document they attempted to file. We presume some folks are still waiting on their July 2nd cases to be returned and are debating refiling new cases rather than waiting. Unfortunately, there is a risk of not getting the package back before August 17th and some people will need to refile without proof of the earlier filing. Hopefully, again, USCIS will institute a process for such individuals to avoid being penalized.
USCIS has not announced any details yet on how it will determine which cases get 2007 visa numbers that might still be available. We also donít know yet how cases will be processed that are not in the batch of cases that get green card numbers this year. For those who will have to get numbers in future years, applications should be worked by the order of the priority date. So applicants with labor certifications approved some time back, for example, should go before people in the same category with later priority dates.
For individuals filing cases not requiring a labor certification (such as Schedule A cases and national interest waivers), the priority date is the date of filing. Because there may be hundreds of thousands of applications received between July 2nd and August 17th with many of these cases not requiring a labor certification, the date during this six week period a case is filed could make a big difference in terms of when a case will complete processing. And, again, getting that July 2nd priority date for those who filed early and were rejected could make a big difference in when their cases are ultimately processed through to completion.

virald
07-18-2007, 01:34 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

abhijitp
07-18-2007, 01:37 AM

Per Greg Siskind -- July 2nd filers might have to file again, as all July 2nd application were rejected. Check out the link below as well as the comment section for the blog

part of above post --
USCIS did not state how cases filed and rejected on the 2nd are to be handled other than to say that properly filed applications would be accepted. This presumably covers the many cases filed after the second that were held, but it doesnít explain what will happen to the cases received earlier. We hope USCIS will issue special instructions to issue July 2nd receipt dates to those who are able to document they attempted to file. We presume some folks are still waiting on their July 2nd cases to be returned and are debating refiling new cases rather than waiting. Unfortunately, there is a risk of not getting the package back before August 17th and some people will need to refile without proof of the earlier filing. Hopefully, again, USCIS will institute a process for such individuals to avoid being penalized.
USCIS has not announced any details yet on how it will determine which cases get 2007 visa numbers that might still be available. We also donít know yet how cases will be processed that are not in the batch of cases that get green card numbers this year. For those who will have to get numbers in future years, applications should be worked by the order of the priority date. So applicants with labor certifications approved some time back, for example, should go before people in the same category with later priority dates.
For individuals filing cases not requiring a labor certification (such as Schedule A cases and national interest waivers), the priority date is the date of filing. Because there may be hundreds of thousands of applications received between July 2nd and August 17th with many of these cases not requiring a labor certification, the date during this six week period a case is filed could make a big difference in terms of when a case will complete processing. And, again, getting that July 2nd priority date for those who filed early and were rejected could make a big difference in when their cases are ultimately processed through to completion.

This would be interesting as well as cause for concern for many of us. Do we have to go through the whole process one more time and file again?

virald
07-18-2007, 01:40 AM
This would be interesting as well as cause for concern for many of us. Do we have to go through the whole process one more time and file again?

I don't know, I am trying to figure that out too.

amitjoey
07-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Applications already properly filed will be accepted, means all applications from the 2nd July to 16th July will be accepted if properly filed (Means: If they have the proper documents and are otherwise eligible, meaning filing fees and certified labor)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/VisaBulletinUpdate17Jul07.pdf

anilsal
07-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Plus the July 2nd bulletin has been reversed (meaning totally void). So the July 2nd filers should be ok. Infact there is a grim possibility that you may be assigned the remaining yearly visa numbers (as per Greg Siskind's blog entry).

Instead of really worrying, why don't you become a paid member of IV on a monthly recurring basis? This way you are supporting the IV cause (which is your/our cause).

virald
07-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Plus the July 2nd bulletin has been reversed (meaning totally void). So the July 2nd filers should be ok. Infact there is a grim possibility that you may be assigned the remaining yearly visa numbers (as per Greg Siskind's blog entry).

Instead of really worrying, why don't you become a paid member of IV on a monthly recurring basis? This way you are supporting the IV cause (which is your/our cause).

Guys,
I don't like to worry but here is Greg Siskind's comment --(don't know what to make of it)

Just to clarify, some cases received on July 2nd were rejected according to the USCIS' own announcement. I am not sure if people have started to get those applications back or not yet. Perhaps people on the blog can weigh in. The dilemma is what to do if you don't know whether the case is in or not. No clear answer yet. AILA may get some info on this when it presumably meets with USCIS on this very soon.

Posted by: Greg Siskind | July 17, 2007 at 09:17 PM (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2007/07/faqs-part-1.html#comment-76226938)

abhijitp
07-18-2007, 01:57 AM
As in, if you have a delivery confirmation from Fedex/UPS does it have any significance? It is still not clear if it will be accepted/ rejected AFAIK.

Have there been any applications that were not even "accepted" because the "packet" suggested it was an AOS application?

More likely, applications can be rejected for being "improperly filed" but you would only come to know about it whenever they are rejected. No one would know this in advance, so no point worrying about it.

nixstor
07-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Applications already properly filed will be accepted, means all applications from the 2nd July to 16th July will be accepted if properly filed (Means: If they have the proper documents and are otherwise eligible, meaning filing fees and certified labor)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/VisaBulletinUpdate17Jul07.pdf

Exactly, I posted the same on Greg's blog as a response. How ever, you should be calling USCIS if you do not receive a Receipt number in 30 days or if your checks are not cashed. There are not many AOS applications filed after first week of July. 3 to 4 weeks time frame is common turn around time. Dont freak out until then.

aristotle
07-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Can all the July 2nd filers update this thread if

- you have your application rejected and returned.
OR
- you get a receipt number or have your check cashed.

Please login and subscribe to this thread.

insbaby
07-18-2007, 06:02 AM
USCIS did not say that they will return the application and they should be refilled.

With their announcement on July 17th, they have about 16 more days in this month left. It is a heavy workload for them to reject all the petitions (minimum 200K packages) which is unnecessary work and cost enourmous amount of money.

Also they will not invite another problem if the do not give sufficient time to the clients to file, what if someone receives the package Auguest 15. That will be another mess up.

It looks like SCs have rejected some applications on the same day (July 2nd), those applicants should have already received them(on July 3rd or 4th). They have to refile. Rejections after July 17th may not be true.

My lawer says:
Your application has reached INS on July 2nd and upon the statement from USIC on July 17th, it will be accepted.

psk79
07-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi Guys,

Please post any July 2nd cases on this thread so that we all know if there really are any rejections. All I heard in the past few days was "A friend of mine got rejected on 2nd... My friend's friend got his rejected..Somebody got rejected..."

I didn't see a single post from anyone who got their OWN 485 REJECTED when they filed on July 2nd.

So please post your information as to when your app is received at USCIS.

Mine reached USCIS on July 2, 2007 @ 10AM via FEDEX.

Thanks.

gc_lover
07-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Hi Guys,

Please post any July 2nd cases on this thread so that we all know if there really are any rejections. All I heard in the past few days was "A friend of mine got rejected on 2nd... My friend's friend got his rejected..Somebody got rejected..."

I didn't see a single post from anyone who got their OWN 485 REJECTED when they filed on July 2nd.

So please post your information as to when your app is received at USCIS.

Mine reached USCIS on July 2, 2007 @ 10AM via FEDEX.

Thanks.

Mine reached on July 2nd 9:01 AM. I don't think they must have rejected any application. I think, if someone is saying "rejected" means USCIS refused to accept the fedex, in which case package should be returned back to lawyers in 3/4 days.
If your package was accepeted by USCIS then it would be on hold and based on yesterday's news, now it should be ready for processing. I am checking this with couple of lawyers and I will update this thread with anything I find out.

f_b_2007
07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Mine reached on July 2nd 9:01 AM. I don't think they must have rejected any application. I think, if someone is saying "rejected" means USCIS refused to accept the fedex, in which case package should be returned back to lawyers in 3/4 days.
If your package was accepeted by USCIS then it would be on hold and based on yesterday's news, now it should be ready for processing. I am checking this with couple of lawyers and I will update this thread with anything I find out.

Mine reached USCIS Jul 2, 2007 10:25 AM.. no check cashed, no RD..

I will call USCIS next monday if I dont hear anything before then..

sandiboy
07-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Mine reached on Jul 2nd @ 7:55AM. I was also current per June bulletin but it was filed in July. No Receipt yet.

gc_lover
07-18-2007, 09:34 AM

I read in one of the other thread that, a lawyer said, it might take couple of weeks to generate receipt numbers for early July filers. They are almost done with receipt number for June filers and will start with July filers.

psk79
07-18-2007, 09:37 AM

You may be right, But I didn't hear about a single case where USCIS refused to accept the Fedex. How can they do it ?because they don't know what's inside the package. if anything is sent via usps they just drop it of in the drop box.

Also, does anyone know if the package has to be transferred to Texas or wherever your I140 is approved and then that particular center issues a receipt?? That's what I heard...

map_boiler
07-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Our packet was delivered to NSC on July 2nd at 7:55 am...

sands_14
07-18-2007, 09:59 AM
All packets were kept on hold and we should all be ok because they will start sending receipts soon for all complete packages.
The wait will be long but its good that everyone will enjoy EAD benefits .
As such,whats the new fees for EAD and AP?

Suva
07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
My packet was delivered at 9.01 AM on July 2nd.

johnamit
07-18-2007, 10:14 AM
some applications have already been rejected, mostly on July 2nd but a very few.

USCIS did not say that they will return the application and they should be refilled.

With their announcement on July 17th, they have about 16 more days in this month left. It is a heavy workload for them to reject all the petitions (minimum 200K packages) which is unnecessary work and cost enourmous amount of money.

Also they will not invite another problem if the do not give sufficient time to the clients to file, what if someone receives the package Auguest 15. That will be another mess up.

It looks like SCs have rejected some applications on the same day (July 2nd), those applicants should have already received them(on July 3rd or 4th). They have to refile. Rejections after July 17th may not be true.

My lawer says:
Your application has reached INS on July 2nd and upon the statement from USIC on July 17th, it will be accepted.

gc_lover
07-18-2007, 10:19 AM
some applications have already been rejected, mostly on July 2nd but a very few.

Do you know if these applications were send back right away or they are still holding it?

Where did you get this information, can you please post the source?

bigboy007
07-18-2007, 10:26 AM
other than some quoting did you know any of your friends or your attorneys cases getting rejected.

virald
07-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Do you know if these applications were send back right away or they are still holding it?

Where did you get this information, can you please post the source?

From Greg Siskind's blog
His Comments --
I think all of the July 2nd to July 17th filers will be okay and should get the benefit of the earlier filing, but USCIS simply has not spelled out how they'll handle and also how people incorrectly rejected at the very beginning will be able to reclaim their place in line. That's the mystery at this point.
AND
I was actually the one to report that cases were being held at the service centers and this was because of a first hand account from someone actually at the service center. But I was told that some applications were, in fact, rejected before word came down from HQ that cases were to be held until further instructions were issued.

xyz2005
07-18-2007, 10:43 AM
What is meant by "Rejected" here?

-FedEx not accepted on July 2nd
-They took the packet and in 2-3 days they opened it and returned back some after inputting in their database
-Packet is still with them but they generated a rejection notice that was sent to lawyer/candidate
-Rejection email was sent to lawyer/candidate
OR
-USCIS's July 2nd bulletin just said all applications received would be returned/rejected and Greg's thought is that the whole pile must be kept somewhere with the action planned "to be rejected" and nobody is taking action on it and USCIS has to be made aware about that or in their yesterday's UPDATE they forgot to touch about this. ( To me this is internal processing matter of USCIS)

Well to be honest with you, I was 1 million % convinced that we all should be OK because yesterday's press release very clearly mentions " All properly filed cases would be accepted" until I stumbled on Greg's blog. Now I am confused as well.

I contacted my attorney but so far no reply. Will update all of you.

I don't think so that we have to refile as it does not make sense. Plus even those who are rejected would have proof of filing )FedEx and rejection notice and through Motion to reopen case can be resurrected. Pls keep everybody updated as and when your attorney advises you.
Thanks

virald
07-18-2007, 10:49 AM
What is meant by "Rejected" here?

-FedEx not accepted on July 2nd
-They took the packet and in 2-3 days they opened it and returned back some after inputting in their database
-Packet is still with them but they generated a rejection notice that was sent to lawyer/candidate
-Rejection email was sent to lawyer/candidate
OR
-USCIS's July 2nd bulletin just said all applications received would be returned/rejected and Greg's thought is that the whole pile must be kept somewhere with the action planned "to be rejected" and nobody is taking action on it and USCIS has to be made aware about that or in their yesterday's UPDATE they forgot to touch about this. ( To me this is internal processing matter of USCIS)

Well to be honest with you, I was 1 million % convinced that we all should be OK because yesterday's press release very clearly mentions " All properly filed cases would be accepted" until I stumbled on Greg's blog. Now I am confused as well.

I contacted my attorney but so far no reply. Will update all of you.

I don't think so that we have to refile as it does not make sense. Plus even those who are rejected would have proof of filing )FedEx and rejection notice and through Motion to reopen case can be resurrected. Pls keep everybody updated as and when your attorney advises you.
Thanks

Rejection means -- packets opened, and, returned as reject because dates not current.
I am also convinced that, if one has not gotten the package back, the person should be okay. But, just want to get the confirmation that we will be okay proactively rather than waiting.
I'll post as soon as I find out from my lawyer.

kpchal2
07-18-2007, 10:52 AM
hi all, in the same boat too. mine was filed on july 2nd and there is a fedex confirmation about it. i did not hear from any one i know about these rejections or returns until i saw gregs blog. can any one shed a light if they know some one who got a reject. also can you please let me know if there is any way we can find out from uscis or from any one relevant about our application. it is too much of a hassle already and dont want to add more delays to this already cumbersome and sleepless process

kpchal2
07-18-2007, 10:53 AM
can some one call 1-800-375-5283, with ext 1,2,3,6 and talk to a person at USCIS and see what they know about the applications on july 2nd. i am on the pacific coast and it is still not 8 here. seems like they only talk between 8 and 6

gc_lover
07-18-2007, 10:54 AM
I checked with somebody who has hired Rajiv Khanna as his lawyer. He said that those who had filed in July are fine and there is no need to re-file it.

I am still waiting to hear from my lawyer though.

singhsa3
07-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Please explain Greg's comment,

"We presume some folks are still waiting on their July 2nd cases to be returned and are debating refiling new cases rather than waiting. Unfortunately, there is a risk of not getting the package back before August 17th and some people will need to refile without proof of the earlier filing."

Shouldn't any application rejected on July 2nd have already reached our lawyer's office by now?
Also, if my appliction, filled on July 2nd,reached 11:34 AM CST, has not been returned yet, shouldn't we assume that it will be accepted?

tapukakababa
07-18-2007, 10:55 AM

what should we ask them for if we call, 'coz they might not have entered our file in their system yet.

speddi
07-18-2007, 11:01 AM
my application reached texas center on july 2nd at 10.23am .. I called USCIS today and the rep said they didnt enter the information into the system..he said it might take upto 30 days to start giving receipt notices because of the load of applications

tapukakababa
can some one call 1-800-375-5283, with ext 1,2,3,6 and talk to a person at USCIS and see what they know about the applications on july 2nd. i am on the pacific coast and it is still not 8 here. seems like they only talk between 8 and 6

what should we ask them for if we call, 'coz they might not have entered our file in their system yet.

kpchal2

Is it possible to ask them if they have the file with them and ask them to do a name check on the applications or some kind of relevant information related to the application. i am sure they should have put the files some where with some easy to identify tags. can some one call the uscis, i am planning to do with the nexy 40 min as that is when it is 8 here in the pacific coast :-)

kalakotim
07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Guys,
We all should be ok.One of my friends called USCIS several times and everytime he has been told that all the applications filed on July 2nd and after were put on HOLD. I wouldn't worry abt Greg's comments.

tapukakababa
07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Contributions so far

$100 + $100

bidhanc
07-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Please explain Greg's comment,

"We presume some folks are still waiting on their July 2nd cases to be returned and are debating refiling new cases rather than waiting. Unfortunately, there is a risk of not getting the package back before August 17th and some people will need to refile without proof of the earlier filing."

Shouldn't any application rejected on July 2nd have already reached our lawyer's office by now?
Also, if my appliction, filled on July 2nd,reached 11:34 AM CST, has not been returned yet, shouldn't we assume that it will be accepted?
Is it not possible to re-submit the documents all over, even though USCIS might be holding on to our first applications of July 2nd?
What are the ramifications (if any) of doing this?

GCapplicant
07-18-2007, 11:23 AM

Exactly,Even I think so...If they did not want to accept they would have done at the door step.So I think better we can wait and see for another week if any cases are like that.My lawyer mentioned she hasnt got any rejections until now.She has been sending continuous applications even a week before during this problem.She mentioned last week that she is still sending applications in and has Fed ex delivery confirmations for all the applications.

xyz2005
07-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Its getting dicey here

My attorney says so far I have not received your rejection but not to say USCIS might have mailed one and we have not received it. If we get it then we will resubmit..if not then you will get receipt notice.

He did not address whether we will be able to retain our July 2nd queue number or not.

We all should be worried now.! Don't know what to say or recommend.

shannonxi
07-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Mine reached NSC on July 2 at 9:02 AM. Got Fedex delivery confirmation and no receipt from CIS yet. Will check with my lawyer for advise.

refiling 485
07-18-2007, 12:06 PM
My application reached on July 2nd at 10:00 AM and haven't heard anything from them. Mine is a June case.

bigboy007
07-18-2007, 12:08 PM
OK just called USCIS with great difficulty they escalated it to Supervisor , He took my details and informed and nothing is in system yet. Then i asked him about procedural changes , as per him everything "SHOULD" be on HOLD earlier. Hence he expressed concern that none MIGHT have returned . BUT he adviced me to call back during last week of July just to be safe on side so that we can make sure they are through atleast by deadline of Aug 17. For me what he told makes sense.

cowboy
07-18-2007, 12:14 PM
My case was sent by my attorney June 29th (current July bulletin) USPS certified mail.

As per USPS online tracking record it was delivered July 2nd 12.45 PM.

No receipt yet. So far sounds okay.

But I got the copy of actual delivery receipt stamped by F.Heinauer (Director NSC USCIS) with the date 062907.
It is a stamp so some of their employee clearly has stamped it.
Now I am confused if that’s the receipt date they are going to go with and may reject the application.

And with this many application it may take more than AUG 17th to receive anything back.

I am very sure it was reached on July 2nd. It was only sent June 29th afternoon.

And USPS is telling there is no delivery can reach so fast. According to USPS the guy who might have stamped the delivery did not changed the stamp date from 0629 to 0702 since it was a weekend.

Anybody in the same situation? Any advice?

Thanks

tapukakababa
07-18-2007, 12:23 PM
I called USCIS Nebraska SC and I spoke with the customer service guy for atleast 15 minutes. First he did a name check and didn't find it, as expected.

Secondly, he said that if we would have returned any application, we would have entered that information against your name, so he doesn't even sees that information.

Thirdly, he said we are accepting and processing all the applications they will be receiving going forward after July 17th.

Fourth, they still have thousands of applications sitting with them which they received on July 2nd and before August 17th, but there has been no proper communication to them as to what needs to be done with those.

Fifth, his guess and according to his knowledge he said that we will go ahead and start entering the information for those application also and process them which they received between July 2nd and July 17th, but when would that happen they don't know, but that's what surely would happen, so if they have your application then it will be entered and processed.

Sixth, He said if I were you, I would call back after a week or so and check again.

xyz2005
07-18-2007, 12:25 PM
OK just called USCIS with great difficulty they escalated it to Supervisor , He took my details and informed and nothing is in system yet. Then i asked him about procedural changes , as per him everything "SHOULD" be on HOLD earlier. Hence he expressed concern that none MIGHT have returned . BUT he adviced me to call back during last week of July just to be safe on side so that we can make sure they are through atleast by deadline of Aug 17. For me what he told makes sense.

I think next time any one of us talks to USCIS, we should ask this question as to "Whether they have generated any rejection notices for apps received on July 2 2007 and have they mailed them".....my attorney says so far they have not received any rejection notices for apps filed on July 2 2007.

gc_lover
07-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I think next time any one of us talks to USCIS, we should ask this question as to "Whether they have generated any rejection notices for apps received on July 2 2007 and have they mailed them".....my attorney says so far they have not received any rejection notices for apps filed on July 2 2007.

I checked with someone who has hired Rajiv Khanna and they said the same thing to him. So far, they have not generated any rejection notice for any application filed on and after July 2nd. Since this came from Rajiv Khanna I would think that it's some what credible information.

We will just have to wait and see till our checks get cashed!

tapukakababa
07-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I checked with someone who has hired Rajiv Khanna and they said the same thing to him. So far, they have not generated any rejection notice for any application filed on and after July 2nd. Since this came from Rajiv Khanna I would think that it's some what credible information.

We will just have to wait and see till our checks get cashed!

see my earlier post

virald
07-18-2007, 12:30 PM

I guess it looks like we should wait at least a week before calling USCIS.
Make sure guys that between now and then, your attorney has not received the application (meaning it is still with USCIS).

sangmami
07-18-2007, 12:52 PM
called uscis to ask when july 2 filers are likely to get receipt notice.She said because of the load of apps expected it might take about 4 to 6 wks.I hope july 2 filers don t have to pay huge penalty for filing on the very ifirst eligible day:( (something to worry about till this journey ends i guess):(

kpchal2
07-18-2007, 12:57 PM
hi tapukakababa, can you please provide me with a number for USCIS nebraska SC. I would like to talk to them as well.

bigboy007
07-18-2007, 12:59 PM
he said no when i asked the same reg. Rejections.

inthehole
07-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Called USCIS just 5 mins back.. first a lady answered and asked me questions about the reason of calling..

I explained that i am calling to find out the status of my i-485 application that i filed on June 25th. And I would like to know when will i get my receipt no.

The lady asked me to stay on the line and transferred to another person.

Another lady picked up and asked my last name.. I told my last name. (i did not spell my last name)

She asked for reason for calling..

I said to I filed i-485 on June 25th and I did not get my receipt no yet..i said
i would like to know when can i expect my receipt no..

She put me on hold for few mins and came back and said
"You have till August 17 to file your i-485. If we have visa numbers available and if your application is accepted, you will receive your receipt no before August 17"

I said I aready filed my application on June 25, before the July bulletin.

She said "listen carefully" and explained the same thing again.

I said thank you and hung up..

It doesn't make any sense.. I think(hope) she doesn't understand my question properly or she doesn't know the process..

inthehole
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
hi tapukakababa, can you please provide me with a number for USCIS nebraska SC. I would like to talk to them as well.

Phone Number: 1-800-375-5283
Options 1, 2, 2, 6, 2, 2, 1 (For english)

tapukakababa
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM

I called at the same number you provided all of us in your earlier posts

1-800-375-5283, with ext 1,2,3,6

kpchal2
07-18-2007, 01:17 PM
hi tapukakababa, the number is for the national customer service center but you mentioned you called the nebraska service center. so did u ask them to transfer to that service center or ???. i would like to talk to those guys and see what they did wityh my application. i guess we already had a painful ride and if it does not yield the right fruit then it really hurts us bad.

tapukakababa
07-18-2007, 01:21 PM
hi tapukakababa, the number is for the national customer service center but you mentioned you called the nebraska service center. so did u ask them to transfer to that service center or ???. i would like to talk to those guys and see what they did wityh my application. i guess we already had a painful ride and if it does not yield the right fruit then it really hurts us bad.

As "inthehole" mentioned, first a lady answered and asked me questions about the reason of calling..

then she asked some questions and asked which service center I applied to.. I said NSC and then she transferred me automatically.. so you can go ahead and call that number..

bigboy007
07-18-2007, 01:34 PM
i think we need to wait till a week more and then give a call back to USCIS just to make sure , as per my understanding and my lawyers info none were rejected and they will be accepted.

paritp
i call the service center no and then ext 1,2,2,6,2,2,1

first i spoke to level 1 cs n then was directed to level2

the lady there was very nice and i asked her what to do as i filed I 485 on july 2 and didnt know wat to do going forward.......

so she asked for my last name first name and DOB and said that there was no entry in my name..........so basically she didnt know the whereabouts of my application.......

she advices me to wait for a week n check again as i was not in the system. she also told me that this does not mesan that i am rejected or anything like that.

so i will wait for a few days n call back on monday

pari

nk2007
Some of you have been concerned about my post regarding the rejection of some applications received on July 2nd. I've been checking and it seems to be true that some cases were sent back that day. Apparently, the number of cases sent back is small, however, so that is good news. And you should have received the case back by now if you're in that group. For everyone else, the way you will likely find that your case is being processed will be if the check is cashed. I would give this a few days and keep checking with the bank to see if the payment has cleared and this will be a lot faster in all likelihood than waiting on a receipt. Obviously, check with your lawyer on this.

bigboy007
07-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I think all of us cautious at this time is very imp and we keep calling uscis pref next week so that we ensure we have enough backup avail and we have 30 days till.

paritp
07-18-2007, 06:42 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

kedrex
07-18-2007, 09:02 PM
bump it up - this is way too important!

kedrex
07-18-2007, 09:03 PM
bump

kedrex
07-18-2007, 09:04 PM
bump

glus
07-18-2007, 09:13 PM
guys,
please go to http://www..com/usa-immigration-trackers/ and go to i485, then enter your case. Hundreds of people track their cases there, and that includes me. This is a good site for tracking purposes and it even generates graphs.

Please don't expect receiving I485 notices now if you filed on or after July2nd. USCIS is still working on the Jun filings and our filings will come later. Some people say it may take up to 3-4 weeks before we get receipts. If you have record of delivery to uscis, don't worry and just wait. Don't bother calling USCiS, it will not help at this time.

G

OLDMONK
07-18-2007, 10:26 PM
guys,
please go to http://www..com/usa-immigration-trackers/ and go to i485, then enter your case. Hundreds of people track their cases there, and that includes me. This is a good site for tracking purposes and it even generates graphs.

Please don't expect receiving I485 notices now if you filed on or after July2nd. USCIS is still working on the Jun filings and our filings will come later. Some people say it may take up to 3-4 weeks before we get receipts. If you have record of delivery to uscis, don't worry and just wait. Don't bother calling USCiS, it will not help at this time.

G

Really Does is generates graphs WOW. I dont believe you. kidding.

gkdgopi
07-18-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't think any July 2 cases are rejected,
They are still processing June end filers and would not have reached July 2nd cases even today, My understanding is that even in case of rejection, they enter the name in the system for tracking purposes.
Also when i called them on July 3rd they said all application received from July 2nd are on hold.

So don't worry guys!! :)

my 2 cents

dhesha
07-18-2007, 11:18 PM
called uscis to ask when july 2 filers are likely to get receipt notice.She said because of the load of apps expected it might take about 4 to 6 wks.I hope july 2 filers don t have to pay huge penalty for filing on the very ifirst eligible day:( (something to worry about till this journey ends i guess):(

this 4 to 6 weeks is from 2nd July or 17 July?

refiling 485
07-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Hi gkdgopi

Did you call texas office regarding July 2nd application? I have filed my application in texas office and they have recieved it on July 2nd.

Thanks

test101
07-19-2007, 12:07 AM
what is NSC phone number ? does any one know ? thanks

rangaGCPlease
07-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi, I see that several June 1st filers who mailed on 31st may have received RD's. So same logic should apply for July 2nd filers who mailed on 30th june. I dont see any difference between the two scenarios. Any rejected july 2nd applns should have already reached, unless they are lost in return mail :(. Otherwise the scenario is exactly identical to June 1st filers.

caliducas
07-19-2007, 01:49 AM
this 4 to 6 weeks is from 2nd July or 17 July?

I'm assuming it's from July 17.

johnamit
07-20-2007, 03:31 PM
almost 3 weeks are over since my application reached (NSC OR TSC ??) and haven't heard anything yet.

calgirl
07-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Few employers and few lawyers didn't apply for EAD/AP on July 2nd. My employer said they applied for 485 but not EAD/AP. They will wait for receipt notice and then apply for EAD/AP.
After Aug 17th, can we still apply for EAD/AP knowing dates won't be current.

Thanks.

WeShallOvercome
07-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Few employers and few lawyers didn't apply for EAD/AP on July 2nd. My employer said they applied for 485 but not EAD/AP. They will wait for receipt notice and then apply for EAD/AP.

Thanks.

you don't need PD's to be current to apply for interim benefits like EAD/AP

calgirl
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
you don't need PD's to be current to apply for interim benefits like EAD/AP

Thanks WeShallOvercome. I panicked for a few minutes. :)

srikondoji
07-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Virald,
What makes you start another stupid thread?
There are gazillion threads that discussed this issue at length. Already people have discussed this and are planning their plan B and for your kind information, Greg didnot say that all July 2 applications will be rejected.

Don't try to scare people and then try to back it up by saying "I am trying to figure that out too"

I don't know, I am trying to figure that out too.

concorde
07-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Mine reached NSC on July 2 at 9:02 AM. Got Fedex delivery confirmation and no receipt from CIS yet. Will check with my lawyer for advise.
You must be joking :-) about asking the attorney for advise :-). See http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=122613&postcount=39
Unfortunately most of the attorneys don't seem to be on top of the situation
and will only list out the "obvious" possible outcomes which we ourselves can list out.!! So far, at least 2 attorneys I have approaced haven't been able to tell me how 2 485 applications for a single person are handled. Godammit, it is not some rocket science question; it has to be there in some USCIS manual/rule book or a section of the immigration law.

mps
07-23-2007, 05:58 PM
My attorney has specifically advised us that we don't have to file again. My application reached NSC on July 2nd.

part of above post --

sandiboy
07-23-2007, 06:22 PM
So does my lawyer per the FAQ she sent earlier:

Q9: My adjustment was already filed. Do I have to re-file now?

A: No. If the adjustment was already filed, USCIS will retain and formally accept the filing.

CADude
07-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Will wait couple of weeks? worse come worse, will refile in Oct (by than USCIS will take some decision :))

My attorney has specifically advised us that we don't have to file again. My application reached NSC on July 2nd.

sandiboy
07-23-2007, 06:42 PM
I saw a guy on who mailed appln on Jun 27th & got receipt notice for 07/18. Does it mean we are close and should expect some guys to get notices this week for Jul 2 cases ??

faqua India 11/01/2003 Nebraska EB2 06/27/2007 06/28/2007 07/18/2007

CADude
07-24-2007, 12:17 AM
is she using her own FAQ? USCIS FAQ has different question at Q9.

So does my lawyer per the FAQ she sent earlier:

Q9: My adjustment was already filed. Do I have to re-file now?

A: No. If the adjustment was already filed, USCIS will retain and formally accept the filing.

sandiboy
07-24-2007, 02:22 AM
is she using her own FAQ? USCIS FAQ has different question at Q9.

Yes this is the lawyer's own FAQ i was referring to.

aviv
07-24-2007, 07:47 AM
I Don't think Sanjay's checks got cashed! Please see his posts

eager_immi
07-24-2007, 08:09 AM
A guy with visa #current in June, his check got encashed.Guys, check this thread out. sanjay is saying he got his checks cashed.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10994&highlight=cheque

yabadaba
07-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Sorry, you are right. I hadn't had my coffee. Sorry for the false alarm.
can u please delete your post...this is ridiculous

reddog
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
As in, if you have a delivery confirmation from Fedex/UPS does it have any significance? It is still not clear if it will be accepted/ rejected AFAIK.

Have there been any applications that were not even "accepted" because the "packet" suggested it was an AOS application?

More likely, applications can be rejected for being "improperly filed" but you would only come to know about it whenever they are rejected. No one would know this in advance, so no point worrying about it.

This is probably about those people whose packets were returned by USCIS, I know someone whose packet was returned. These people will have to refile(ofcourse). They could not have rejected a case filed on July 2nd(too less a time to open and see if the required documents are in order).

hazishak
07-24-2007, 11:02 AM
My wife's H4 is pending. I applied AOS for both of US. Her OPT expired on 7/11. How long can she be in status until she gets H4?pls advise me!!!!!!!!!

coolmanasip
07-24-2007, 11:08 AM
60 days...period of authorized stay.....check with the international advisor in school......

sledge_hammer
07-24-2007, 11:11 AM
To file for EAD/AP you need to wait until you get your I-485 receipt. PD is irrelevant after your I-485 applications has been receipted.

Thanks.

chapper
07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
To the best of my knowledge - she will be in status as long as her H4 application is pending or even AOS pending and also her post OPT is 60 days as mentioned earlier..

My wife's H4 is pending. I applied AOS for both of US. Her OPT expired on 7/11. How long can she be in status until she gets H4?pls advise me!!!!!!!!!

ksurjan
07-24-2007, 12:07 PM
incorrect..PD is relevant still after the i-485 application has been receipted. The files are put away and are pulled out and processed as and when the PD dates become current.

To file for EAD/AP you need to wait until you get your I-485 receipt. PD is irrelevant after your I-485 applications has been receipted.

morchu
07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
There is one guy I know of mentioned that his 485 package was returned after the July 2nd update.

thamizhan
07-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Do you know to which center he applied and which center sent his packet back ?

xyz2005
07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
There is one guy I know of mentioned that his 485 package was returned after the July 2nd update.

When did he get back the package?
Does it have a rejection notice in it?

I think these two key questions can throw more light on this. Can you enquire and post here for everybody's reference? We will really appreciate that.

stldude
07-24-2007, 12:53 PM
I see that USCIS release a press release on 7/20 and it says the time complaince for Nebraska Center is 8/1. Does it mean that July 2nd filers will get receipt by 8/1 ( i know i'm expecting too much from USCIS)... When can we expect the receipt notices.. I guess i'm a bit nervous now..

GCBy3000
07-24-2007, 01:01 PM
You signature with "Saved by IVs efforts" looks good. Could you update your signature with contributions also. Thanks.

I see that USCIS release a press release on 7/20 and it says the time complaince for Nebraska Center is 8/1. Does it mean that July 2nd filers will get receipt by 8/1 ( i know i'm expecting too much from USCIS)... When can we expect the receipt notices.. I guess i'm a bit nervous now..

virald
07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Virald,
What makes you start another stupid thread?
There are gazillion threads that discussed this issue at length. Already people have discussed this and are planning their plan B and for your kind information, Greg didnot say that all July 2 applications will be rejected.

Don't try to scare people and then try to back it up by saying "I am trying to figure that out too"

srikondoji

I am not trying to scare anyone. For you the thread might be stupid, not for me. Please keep your negative remarks to yourself. Just the fact that people are discussing in this thread invalidate your kind of comments.

Also, my assumption was people come here to discuss issues, when they have doubts. No one is a lawyer here, certainly not me, hence my statement. If you are so scared please do not visit this thread.

Peace.

Wendyzhu77
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I think this post is purposely composed to scare people. As a matter of fact, any 485 "might" be rejected if it is not properly filed, which has always been true for years. If you case is rejected, of course you will need to refile. So, it is absolutely normal that "some" July 2 filers "might" need to file again. Literally, this sentence is correct, but the auther intentionally uses it to imply that "ALL" will be rejected. As a matter of fact, "every day", some 485 filers will need to refile their 485 sometime later.

part of above post --

preddy2k
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Any July 2nd filers got their receipt #s?

My package has been sent to TSC on July 2nd around 9AM by FedEx. Did not hear anything yet.

Siboo
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Any July 2nd filers got their receipt #s?

My package has been sent to TSC on July 2nd around 9AM by FedEx. Did not hear anything yet.

Did you call TSC about the status? Somebody got their receipt numbers today by calling NSC. (looks like package Reached NSC on 06/23/2007 and Notice Date is 07/24/2007)

ksurjan
07-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Can anyone confirm if the files are actually being transferred from Nebraska to Texas? Why is the compliance date for Texas 10/26 and for Nebraska it's 8/1.

gc_lover
07-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Can anyone confirm if the files are actually being transferred from Nebraska to Texas? Why is the compliance date for Texas 10/26 and for Nebraska it's 8/1.

Why would files be transferred from NSC to TSC. Didn't USCIS issue instructions to file everything at NSC. Life is getting more complicated each day.

ndale
07-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Did you call TSC about the status? Somebody got their receipt numbers today by calling NSC. (looks like package Reached NSC on 06/23/2007 and Notice Date is 07/24/2007)
Can you give the phone number for NSC?

thx