PDA

View Full Version : I-485 filing location

yagw
07-18-2007, 11:42 AM
I worked with my company attorney and filed my I-485 at the beginning of the month. Since we didn't have much time to send the forms to the attorney office they advised me to send it directly to the Texas Service Center. Now I am confused as to where to send?

1. I live in California.
2. My I-140 is already approved and the I-797 form (approval notice) is from Nebraska Service Center.

I checked the USCIS website, i-485 instruction and also called the USCIS number and the automated system clearly says that file I-485 to where you got the I-797 from.

I am now confused with all the bi-specilization stuffs. Is there any one from CA whose I-140 is approved from NSC? May I know where you/your attorney is filing your I-485.
Any information appreciated.

thanks.

yagw
07-18-2007, 12:13 PM
I worked with my company attorney and filed my I-485 at the beginning of the month. Since we didn't have much time to send the forms to the attorney office they advised me to send it directly to the Texas Service Center. Now I am confused as to where to send?

1. I live in California.
2. My I-140 is already approved and the I-797 form (approval notice) is from Nebraska Service Center.

I checked the USCIS website, i-485 instruction and also called the USCIS number and the automated system clearly says that file I-485 to where you got the I-797 from.

I am now confused with all the bi-specilization stuffs. Is there any one from CA whose I-140 is approved from NSC? May I know where you/your attorney is filing your I-485.
Any information appreciated.

thanks.

Any one???

yagw
07-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Any one???

bump.

srkamath
07-21-2007, 09:22 PM
I sent ours to the NSC but my I-140 approval was from Texas - i did so because their website and the agent on phone told me to send all 485 to nebraska.
Their automated message says something else... YES it is terribly confusing.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Their "adjudicators field manual" says that rejections must not be issued solely based on filing at the wrong address, but the application package must be routed to the proper processing center.... So i'm hoping we'll all be fine as long as the proper center recieves our packages before Aug 17...

Frustrating .... i know..

franklin
07-21-2007, 09:27 PM
This has been discussed at considerable length on this forum, do a quick search you'll find some more comprehensive answers and opinions.

In a nutshell - supposed to go to nebraska and then can be forwarded, but this seems to be a "floppy" rule. There was also a change recently (or soon to happen) whereby you could file directly to the office that approved I140