View Full Version : Filing AP separately without 485 receipt number

07-18-2007, 12:34 PM
My attorney fee for 485 filing included only EAD and NOT AP, she was asking abt 500 $$ for each applicant, I wanted to do it myself as its a pretty easy process.

Is there a way to file for AP without the receipt number for 485? I wanted to file it under the old fee structure.

Also anybody knows how long it takes to process AP? probably i have to look at the USCIS processing times


07-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Looks like I am the only one in this situation... rough!

07-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Looks like I am the only one in this situation... rough!

No my friend , you are not alone here.

My employer did not allow us to file EAD and AP for employees. Only for spouse) and I was wondering if I can file myself. But I don't think we can do it without a receipt notice.

As far as new fee structure is concerned, we'll be better off paying the new fee compared to the old fee and attorney fee combined.

07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
You can apply only after getting receipt number. I am also not filling EAD/AP right now because attorney is asking for $800/person to file EAD/AP. I'll file once I get receipt number.

07-19-2007, 05:14 PM
I am in the same boat too. My employer is filing only 485. My only concern is that what if my lawyer/employer does not give me the receipt ?