PDA

View Full Version : Membership & Fund $$ don't match

Sampath7768
07-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Hello All,

Some food for thought.

As I understand we (i.e IV) has 21000 members and 14000 active members. If even each active member contrubute $ 20 per month, that would be $ 420,000 per month or about $ 5 Mn per year.

Imagine the miracles that we can do with that kind of fund!! And I am damn sure that we can afford $ 20 per month. Cost of few gallons of gas per month.

Non contributing, active members! Please wake up atleast now and do some soul searching!!!

jgh_res
07-18-2007, 05:30 PM
You will be in for a rude awakening if you try to look at how much percentage of members actually contributes. Sometime back it was around 2 to 3%.

Hello All,

Some food for thought.

As I understand we (i.e IV) has 21000 members and 14000 active members. If even each active member contrubute $ 20 per month, that would be $ 420,000 per month or about $ 5 Mn per year.

Imagine the miracles that we can do with that kind of fund!! And I am damn sure that we can afford $ 20 per month. Cost of few gallons of gas per month.

Non contributing, active members! Please wake up atleast now and do some soul searching!!!

amitjoey
07-18-2007, 05:48 PM
You will be in for a rude awakening if you try to look at how much percentage of members actually contributes. Sometime back it was around 2 to 3%.

ONLY 150 MONTHLY CONTRIBUTORS. That is less than 1%.

amitjoey
07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Saying "Thank you": No cost
Contributing $$$$ to say thank you: Priceless.

jai_verma
07-18-2007, 05:57 PM
You guys are Great. I have been feeling GUILTY :( for not contributing from long time, so I just contributed $100. I appeal all members to contribute and help ourself.

Thanks Everyone for their efforts for July Bulletin Fix.

Cheers,
-Jai

GC status: Just filed 485 :)

amitjoey
07-18-2007, 05:59 PM
You guys are Great. I have been feeling GUILTY :( for not contributing from long time, so I just contributed $100. I appeal all members to contribute and help ourself.

Thanks Everyone for their efforts for July Bulletin Fix.

Cheers,
-Jai

GC status: Just filed 485 :)

Thanks, please post it in the other thread also.

Questions about disclosure of funds.
Please check this video for answers

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2115477102106333532&q=immigration+voice&total=149&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2115477102106333532&q=immigration+voice&total=149&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

dilvahabilyeha
07-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Dear Bro and Sis and friend!

Just imagine if you were put under new FEE scheme? Do you have an option to negotiate? No! So I am sure it saved atleast $2000 on an average. How much of that do you think we can give IV for OUR OWN cause?

If each person contribute 25% of what they saved from no FEEs raise solution, I am sure we will not have to wait in another backlog DAM and shout for the gates to be opened!

Our contribution of "NOW" would help IV to have the lobbying firm grease those gates or even remove the gates!

Let's not suffocate in another backlog! Let's be safe than sorry!

We have 21,000 members, 14,000 active, so if 10000 contribute $500 that would be 5 Million! Sure that's hefty enough to talk to the lawmaker as they are busy doing the fund raising for the next election. Let's not make IV Core to ask for money again, we should have heard and seen thier efforts and achievements! Let do it Guys!

GCBy3000
07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I have seen several posts by contributors and recurring contributors like this on several threads. All the non-contributors and free riders just visit and sometimes just dont even come to this thread if the subject hints of any fund drive.

Look at the number of posts. It did not even cross two pages. Had this been a breaking news thread, now it would have crossed 50 pages, I bet. Also the most questions asked will be from the new non-contributing members. Attitudes must change and it will take time for some and it never changes for some.

smaram1
07-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Order Details - Jul 18, 2007 5:05 PM CDT
Google Order #7598370241XXXXX

GCBy3000
07-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Great. Sign up for recurring contribution for sometime if possible in future.

sam2006
07-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Comon Guys Contribute and help your selves

gumnam_guy
07-19-2007, 03:13 AM
ONLY 150 MONTHLY CONTRIBUTORS. That is less than 1%.

Just now signed up for recurring contributions of $50. #0MR48852AD185340W
Contributed $200 yesterday.

Hope this makes a difference!!!

ramus
07-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Great.. Thank you.. I know we have more then 10,000 members who are active.. But not even half of them have contributed single.. It is time to show IV core that we care about our issues and we will do whatever we can to help ourself and help our community. We have long way to go for GC.

This is time to start contributing.

Thank you all..
Please visit ..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10510

Just now signed up for recurring contributions of $50. #0MR48852AD185340W
Contributed $200 yesterday.

Hope this makes a difference!!!

gc_mania_03
07-19-2007, 07:23 AM
I have changed my monthly contribution from $20 to $50.

And I plan to contribute a bigger amount very soon...

My "Card Production Ordered" mail is out, but still I believe this forum will have my support for a loooooong time...

I personally feel very proud to be part of this group. This group has given all of us an identity and reason to work together and traverse the system as a group....Just remember a couple of years back when all we could do is silently and helplessly read the news on the forums and feel miserable...

Now we have to strength and we need to grow stronger. We have the confidence that we can turn around and change a lot of things. For motivation just look at the pictures posted on the BusinessWeek article.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/07/0719_gandhi_rally/index_01.htm

I request everyone else to NOT postpone setting up their recurring donations. You don't have to do it TOMORROW...do it TODAY, as if this was the last day to file your applications. Would you postpone your act if USCIS had given you a deadline. Today is your day to contribute and you should feel proud to do it.

And, I trust you will not close your browser window today, without shelling out a dime at least!

Conbtributed so far ~ $600 and will contribute more.

kaisersose
07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Most people who log in are looking to gain something for nothing. I myself have been guilty of that in the past.

vikramark
07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Hello,

I just learned about IV few days back although I am in US for about 8 yrs now and still struggling to get my Green Card , IV is doing a great job and there efforts can not be measured in terms of money we donate .

Can somebody pls guide me how do I set up my monthly contribution?
Thanks.

buehler
07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Hello,

I just learned about IV few days back although I am in US for about 8 yrs now and still struggling to get my Green Card , IV is doing a great job and there efforts can not be measured in terms of money we donate .

Can somebody pls guide me how do I set up my monthly contribution?
Thanks.

Go to this page http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44 and click on either $50 Per month or the $100 per month button.

arrarrgee
07-19-2007, 09:50 AM
These lines from the businessweek article made me proud guys...me in the east coast...wish i was there at the rally...I contributed 100 sometime bac..would contribute another 100 in a few days...more important i shall ask my friends who are in the same boat to do so...

These are hardly your typical protesters. They're software programmers, engineers, and computer scientists, many with master's or doctoral degrees. A police officer in San Jose told the organizers that the event was, "one of the most orderly protests." the city had ever had.

andy garcia
07-19-2007, 09:54 AM
These lines from the businessweek article made me proud guys...me in the east coast...wish i was there at the rally...I contributed 100 sometime bac..would contribute another 100 in a few days...more important i shall ask my friends who are in the same boat to do so...

These are hardly your typical protesters. They're software programmers, engineers, and computer scientists, many with master's or doctoral degrees. A police officer in San Jose told the organizers that the event was, "one of the most orderly protests." the city had ever had.

You forgot to add, "All of the protesters could speak perfect English" and did not have a Mexican flag.

pthoko
07-19-2007, 09:57 AM
You forgot to add, "All of the protesters could speak perfect English" and did not have a Mexican flag.

Mr Andy Garcia, Could you pls remove the Mexican reference. Why do you need to offend somebody. It's not going to do any good.

andy garcia
07-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Mr Andy Garcia, Could you pls remove the Mexican reference. Why do you need to offend somebody. It's not going to do any good.

Why is it offensive to carry your country's flag?

vikramark
07-19-2007, 10:30 AM
I would like to make a request to IV core members, it seems $50 re-occurring contribution is little tough on some us as most of us are on H1 and are with single income and some of us may also have parents & younger siblings to support in India, pls give us an option to have $20/- minimum and members have option to go up as per there choice if they can afford.

Thanks

a_yaja
07-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I would like to make a request to IV core members, it seems $50 re-occurring contribution is little tough on some us as most of us are on H1 and are with single income and some of us may also have parents & younger siblings to support in India, pls give us an option to have $20/- minimum and members have option to go up as per there choice if they can afford.

Thanks
You can always set up a $20 contribution directly from paypal.

Another suggestion to IV core is to have weekly contributions of $5, $10, $15, $20 etc. This may have the seeming effect of paying lesser money (and hopefully more people will contribute). It is like the cable company advertising "for less than $3/ day you can get both cable and high speed internet".

gotgc?
07-19-2007, 10:41 AM

Thanks

I just made an one time payment of $100 because $50 recurrinbg is little expensive for me..but $20 would be easier...I know that IV has a reason for this...but it is just something for IV to conisder...