PDA

View Full Version : Murthy firm not filing EAD and AP with 485

nimb
07-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Friends,

When I contacted Murthy law firm today about I-485, I came to know that their priority is to file I-485 only and not EAD & AP because of time constraint.
They have sent me completed 485 forms but no 765 and 131.
Can anyone using this law firm confirm this?:mad: or has other information.

Thank you.

Tushar,
-------
Contributed $100 till now

raamskl
07-18-2007, 10:03 PM
They had a deadline of 07/08 for people to "opt in" to file 485 when the dates were not current. At that time they had mentioned that 485 for everyone who opts in will be filed and if you don't opt in changing your mind after 8th & decide to file later, you will be put in queue. Did you opt in before 8th?

I opted in before 8th and they had sent me all 3 forms for signature. And I haven't heard back yet on when they are going to file.

Cheers.

delhirocks
07-18-2007, 10:57 PM
You can file for EAD/AP later. After receiving the receipt notice, even if dates are retrogressed. Getting 485 in the 1st priority.

Friends,

When I contacted Murthy law firm today about I-485, I came to know that their priority is to file I-485 only and not EAD & AP because of time constraint.

Thank you.

Tushar,
-------

jonty_11
07-18-2007, 11:17 PM
my lawfirm is doing the same...i think we have to accept it. and move on rather then fightinh them at this crucial juncture

paskal
07-19-2007, 12:27 AM
my attorney filed everything- mailed july 2
there is virtually no extra effort involved
the ead and ap forms are very simple.

neeidd
07-19-2007, 12:33 AM
They had a deadline of 07/08 for people to "opt in" to file 485 when the dates were not current. At that time they had mentioned that 485 for everyone who opts in will be filed and if you don't opt in changing your mind after 8th & decide to file later, you will be put in queue. Did you opt in before 8th?

I opted in before 8th and they had sent me all 3 forms for signature. And I haven't heard back yet on when they are going to file.

Cheers.
I am not sure how Murthy filed all your 3 forms, But I did opt in before 07/08 and specifically requested the attorney to send 765 and 131 forms. But they said they are only applying for 485 and filed only my 485. I am totally pissed off now as I have to pay the new fee for 765 and 131 forms and which I have file only after getting my 485 reciept notice.

And could some one please clarify If I am eligible to apply for 765 and 131 even thought the visa numbers are not current / unavailable later after august?

Thanks

seaken75
07-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Yes you can!

I am not sure how Murthy filed all your 3 forms, But I did opt in before 07/08 and specifically requested the attorney to send 765 and 131 forms. But they said they are only applying for 485 and filed only my 485. I am totally pissed off now as I have to pay the new fee for 765 and 131 forms and which I have file only after getting my 485 reciept notice.

And could some one please clarify If I am eligible to apply for 765 and 131 even thought the visa numbers are not current / unavailable later after august?

Thanks

neeidd
07-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the reply seaken

sbdol
07-19-2007, 02:26 AM
[QUOTE=nimb]Friends,

Thank you.

Tushar,
-------
Why do you need a lawyer to file EAD/AP ?
Mine charged me around 2 thousands on top of the filing fees.
It took me a half an hour to file everything myself ( already go the cards ).

Wait for the I-485 receipt and DoIitYourself.

Unless you have an urgency and must to file everything now.

BumbleBee
07-19-2007, 02:48 AM
I think its OK not to file EAD /AP with 485. Both are fairly simple applications to file and one can file these w/o any lawyer's help. I have renewed mine 3 times :) There is a nice thread on immigrationportal.com on how to file EAD/AP, it lists everything one needs to know.

But, someone rightly pointed out the downside
1. wait for I-485 reciept before applying EAD/AP
2. Pay higher fees (effective July 31)

I wud still think filling 485 alone is not bad in these circumtances. My 2 cents.

Humble Bee,

BumbleBee

insbaby
07-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Friends,

Thank you.

It is common accross the community. Even many firms doing this, since you have about 180 days (or 90 days) window after filing I-485 to file the rest.

So many firms are now concentrating on I485 only to avoid human errors while preparing 3 forms at the same time in hurry.

chanduv23
07-19-2007, 08:45 AM
I think Murthy wants everyone to believe that her letter to Chertoff made this difference?

If Murthy is really genuine about the community she represents, she will have the link to the businessweek's article aboout IV's and Aman's efforts in her front page - I bet she wont, because once her members start reading posts in IV about how she was talking about benefits of retrogression where she says Retrogression is for people who are not married, it gives people additional time to get married and is a blessing in disguise - what a crap

dazed
07-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Downside to not applying EAD/AP with I-485

I think you are perfectly fine even if you don't apply EAD/AP with I-485. The only caveat, to my knowledge is that you have to wait for I-485 receipt. (correct me if I'm wrong). But based on the number of filings expected, nobody knows when you will get a receipt. Also, I think the I-485s, though filed will still be processed by priority date. The EAD/AP applications will be FIFO. So the more you delay filing them, the more time it will take for USCIS to process your EAD/AP, especially considering the number of filings expected. Based on the processing time for the I-765, which is now more than 90 days and the fact that interim EADs are not issued anymore (see below from USCIS), it is going to interesting to see how USCIS handles this.

Elimination of Interim EADs in Process (sometime in June 2006)

Under current regulations and procedures, persons who apply for EADs can go to the local USCIS offices and obtain interim EADs if the original filing takes 90 days or more. This convenience is likely to be eliminated in the near future due to USCIS concerns over the potential fraudulent use of the interim EADs. The USCIS's view is that the manufacture of EADs should occur at the Service Center level, and the expectation placed on the Service Centers is that they will process the EAD applications and manufacture the EADs within the 90-day processing period.

The USCIS acknowledged that there is a regulation in place providing for interim EADs, but note that this regulation may have to change. It seems that the antiquated machines for producing the interim EADs are going to be scrapped, eliminating the possibility of processing interim EADs at local offices, with or without the required regulatory change.

dazed
07-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Guys, murthy forum is so biased against IV. When IV posted the news about the announcement on Tuesday, I posted it on their forum and added "the guys at IV rock", that post never got posted. i wonder why????

chanduv23
07-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Guys, murthy forum is so biased against IV. When IV posted the news about the announcement on Tuesday, I posted it on their forum and added "the guys at IV rock", that post never got posted. i wonder why????

They think IV is trash and have ego problems. If something wrong would have happened, they would have trashed IV like anything.

These murthy etc.. are all commercial people, they want name and fame, they want you to feel alien and want to show you that "this is how it is, we wre doing our best for u, but sorry this is how it is"

itsokgc
07-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi guys,

If one is filing for Advanced Payrole on their own, typically what is the reason they give to leave the country under exceptional circumstances.

mandeep1975
07-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Fragomen initially claimed they filed EAD and AP along with AOS. Upon further investigation, some of their clients found out that this was not true. They have only filed AOS, citing the same reasons as Murthy.

jaihind
07-19-2007, 10:44 AM
PLease do not discuss the specific actions of one law firm here in open. PLease make it a private messaging - after obtaining similarly placed people details form the thread.

Hope the CORE will agree.

perm2gc
07-19-2007, 10:53 AM
I think Murthy wants everyone to believe that her letter to Chertoff made this difference?

If Murthy is really genuine about the community she represents, she will have the link to the businessweek's article aboout IV's and Aman's efforts in her front page - I bet she wont, because once her members start reading posts in IV about how she was talking about benefits of retrogression where she says Retrogression is for people who are not married, it gives people additional time to get married and is a blessing in disguise - what a crap
Well Said.They never endorsed our announcments.All they want to make money on us saying that they are working for US

BharatPremi
07-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Friends,

Thank you.

Tushar,
-------

It is a thoughtful strategy. If I would be Murthy, I would do the same as to cover all clientage on time. Do not worry about EAD/AP filing. Those can be filed later too.

VIN23
07-19-2007, 06:23 PM
It is a thoughtful strategy. If I would be Murthy, I would do the same as to cover all clientage on time. Do not worry about EAD/AP filing. Those can be filed later too.

Has Murthy sent any communication that they will not file EAD and AP with 485. All the time I was under the impression that they are filing all the three applications together.Even they had asked everyone to submit cheques for EAD/AP/I485. Also I am not receiving answers to my questions from Murthy. Are they communicating with clients.

mps
07-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Did you guys notice that murthy came up with their own IV like community with website "ImmigrationList.org" ..I feel they are trying to compete with IV to get all the goodwill.

jonty_11
07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
IV is out to get relief for every EB immigrant....that would take away half of their bread and butter....apart from everything they do for illegals.

lj_rr
07-19-2007, 06:38 PM
This does not look like confidential info.

PLease do not discuss the specific actions of one law firm here in open. PLease make it a private messaging - after obtaining similarly placed people details form the thread.

Hope the CORE will agree.

user1205
07-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Well, to post on Murthy's forum you need to have the post approved by a moderator. I've had some that were simple questions and never got posted or were so late it was irrelevant.
I've stopped going there ... IV is my main destination now. GO IV

waiting_4_gc
07-19-2007, 07:49 PM
I think its OK not to file EAD /AP with 485. Both are fairly simple applications to file and one can file these w/o any lawyer's help. I have renewed mine 3 times :) There is a nice thread on immigrationportal.com on how to file EAD/AP, it lists everything one needs to know.

But, someone rightly pointed out the downside
1. wait for I-485 reciept before applying EAD/AP
2. Pay higher fees (effective July 31)

I wud still think filling 485 alone is not bad in these circumtances. My 2 cents.

Humble Bee,

BumbleBee

I think we can pay old fee for EAD and AP till 08/17. Am i right?

prkh
07-19-2007, 08:17 PM
You may be able to file EAD and AP yourself and save some money.

You can create an efile account at

https://efiling.uscis.dhs.gov/efile/InteractionMgr?interactionmgr.interaction=SetupEfo rms&timestamp=1184262961021

and submit online forms. All information needed is very simple. You pay by credit card and get the recepit # immidiatly. They provide you information on where to send photographs and required documents.

I completed everything in less than 30 minutes and save $250 ( Attorney's fee)

Hope this helps.

nandakumar
07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
In my case also EAD/AP was not filed with 485 bcos of time constraint.

1. Can we file EAD/AP without the 485 receipt notice?

2. How do we prove that we had already filed 485 if we can file EAD/AP after 485 filing?

Thanks

anju
07-19-2007, 08:49 PM

There is so much work to do than creating conflict

rayoflight
07-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi All:

Am in the same boat where my application has been filed without EAD and AP. I would like to know what will the new fees be for them if I have to file after Aug 17th and what documentation is required.

ameryki
07-20-2007, 12:08 AM
You may be able to file EAD and AP yourself and save some money.

You can create an efile account at

https://efiling.uscis.dhs.gov/efile/InteractionMgr?interactionmgr.interaction=SetupEfo rms&timestamp=1184262961021

and submit online forms. All information needed is very simple. You pay by credit card and get the recepit # immidiatly. They provide you information on where to send photographs and required documents.

I completed everything in less than 30 minutes and save $250 ( Attorney's fee)

Hope this helps.

Did you need 485 receipt number or the actual receipt copy to apply for this?

aries
07-20-2007, 12:18 AM
i have the same question....till when can we file ead/ap with the old fees? The info would be really helpful.

Thanks.

I think we can pay old fee for EAD and AP till 08/17. Am i right?

raamskl
07-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Friends,

Thank you.

Tushar,
-------

Well today's communique from Murthy answers your question..

- Will Murthy Law Firm File the EAD/AP?

We plan to file the EAD and AP for everyone who is eligible and if you have sent us all the information and the USCIS filing fees for the I-765 and I-131, and also paid the legal fees for the processing of these additional forms on your behalf and for any applicable family members. If you have not sent us all the information and the USCIS and legal fees, please do so before the deadline. For those who did not get the I-765 and I-131 forms, along with the I-485 to be signed, we will send these to you.

Good Luck

tinamatthew
07-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Friends,

Thank you.

Tushar,
-------

Also when you get receipt notice, e-file EAD & AP asap

sbdol
07-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi All:

Am in the same boat where my application has been filed without EAD and AP. I would like to know what will the new fees be for them if I have to file after Aug 17th and what documentation is required.

August 17 applies only to I-485 and all included documents (I131, I765)
If you are applying for the latter separately the deadline is the end of July.
If you manage to get I-485 recept by hten download the forms from the uscis website.
The forms have very good descriptions what to do. Just follow the instruction. It is not rocket science.

tinamatthew
07-21-2007, 02:12 PM
So Murthy saw the forums and got scared and reversed it?

I hope they did

jatinr
07-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Do you think I can file EAD/AP using Fedex Signature Acknowledgement. My company's lawyer has only filed I-485.
Is it mandatory to wait for I-485 receipt notice to file EAD/AP.

Can somebody clarify this with USCIS. Also what fees will be applicable if it is filed after July 30th.

My 485 was filed on 19th July.

gclife
07-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Please send flowers to murthy ... they might be able to get it done both EAD and AP along with I-485 :)

jatinr
07-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Initial evidence for form I-765 and I-131
Adjustment Applicant--(c)(9). File your EAD applicationwith a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that yourForm I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, is pending.You may file Form I-765 together with your Form I-485.

Form I-131

Initial Evidence

If you are in the United States, you must attach:
A copy of any document issued to you by theUSCIS or former INS showing your presentstatus in the United States; and
An explanation or other evidence showing thecircumstances that warrant issuance of anadvance parole document; or
If you are an applicant for adjustment of status, acopy of the USCIS or former INS receipt asevidence that you filed the adjustment application;

It was also mentioned that the AP needs to be applied to
based on the state you live in, for e.g for Alabama,Maine,Georgia etc.

Texas Service Center
4141 North St. Augustine Road
Dallas, TX 75227

Can someone verify the details.

Is USCIS going to release any publication about accepting forms without I-485 receipt's.

venkybr
07-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi, where did you see this message from Murthy, is it anywhere on their website -- if so can you post that link (or) did you speak with someone at the firm? Thanks.

Well today's communique from Murthy answers your question..

- Will Murthy Law Firm File the EAD/AP?

We plan to file the EAD and AP for everyone who is eligible and if you have sent us all the information and the USCIS filing fees for the I-765 and I-131, and also paid the legal fees for the processing of these additional forms on your behalf and for any applicable family members. If you have not sent us all the information and the USCIS and legal fees, please do so before the deadline. For those who did not get the I-765 and I-131 forms, along with the I-485 to be signed, we will send these to you.

Good Luck

nimb
07-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi, where did you see this message from Murthy, is it anywhere on their website -- if so can you post that link (or) did you speak with someone at the firm? Thanks.

This was sent in Murthy client communication e-mail.:)