PDA

View Full Version : But what about the BECs? pardner, what about the BECs?

slonial@yahoo.com
07-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Congrats on getting PDs current for applications. I was keen in knowing what about those stuck in the various BECs. Who cares for them? Any efforts made for those poor saps. Who will fight for them?

Any chance we can sue BECs or Department of State, and get the wheels spinning for those stuck there as well? Do you know what will that take? Maybe flowers??

thanks

OLDMONK
07-18-2007, 11:58 PM
They are supposed to clear backlog by september I guess.

My March 2005 PD (old Case) was certified today. I am hopeful you will get a good news soon. But have you done recruitment already or was it a RIR.

As far as I know suing BEC or USCIS in future or trying a campaign won't work. This was probably the first and the last chance when they buckled. They would be smarter next time.

I am sure you would walk out with a GC sooner than most of people who filed I485 under this bulletin. :-)

sbdol
07-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Congrats on getting PDs current for applications. I was keen in knowing what about those stuck in the various BECs. Who cares for them? Any efforts made for those poor saps. Who will fight for them?

Any chance we can sue BECs or Department of State, and get the wheels spinning for those stuck there as well? Do you know what will that take? Maybe flowers??

thanks
A while ago we were trying to put together a lawsiut agains DOL (see details on immigrationportal). There was a good lawyer who agreed to take the case. He requested $10,000 for the expenses. Not that a huge fee for a class action lawsuit. Especially that there were 340,000 applicants stuck in BECs many of them for 6 and more years, while recent filers were passing through PERM in matter of days.
And guess what ? Only a dousen of so out of 340,000 agreed to contribute $100 towards the cause.
Unfortunately our host immigrationvoice also was not very keen on BECs ( maybe because the founders already had passed their labor ? ).
All that was very depressing.

pappu
07-19-2007, 02:27 AM
A while ago we were trying to put together a lawsiut agains DOL (see details on immigrationportal). There was a good lawyer who agreed to take the case. He requested $10,000 for the expenses. Not that a huge fee for a class action lawsuit. Especially that there were 340,000 applicants stuck in BECs many of them for 6 and more years, while recent filers were passing through PERM in matter of days.
And guess what ? Only a dousen of so out of 340,000 agreed to contribute $100 towards the cause.
Unfortunately our host immigrationvoice also was not very keen on BECs ( maybe because the founders already had passed their labor ? ).
All that was very depressing.
IV is disappointed with the attitude of such members in the community who leave no chance to blame us and attack the leadership in this case. People do not even read our messages and start posting offensive messages.

message from IV

Despite the offensive posts and badmouthing on IV site and other sites we are keeping everyone in mind when working on our lobbying effort. We had posted messages in the past about this too. IV does not advice any flower campaign etc without consulting with us. Any wrong move can potentially hurt the interest of this community and the advocacy work we are doing. Please stop posting offensive messages and stop fighting with other members of the community.

=======================

Message from IV for BEC victims

We are aware of the issue and if there is any acion item, we will post it.

also be aware of what we posted earlier on this issue:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6084
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=100024#post100024
=========================

=========================