PDA

View Full Version : Birth certifcate Affidavit???

yogi13
07-19-2007, 10:26 AM
As in my birth certificate my mother's last name was not mentioned , I have just obtained an affidavit from my parents(together) using one of the samples floating around. But I just found that there is spelling mistake in my father's first name in one sentence. But in other sentences, its correctly wriiten.

Is it ok to send this with application?

Thanks

tnite
07-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Unless you want a RFE get a new affidavit. It might take a day or 2 to get it from India but its worth it.

my 2 cents..

gotgc?
07-19-2007, 10:32 AM
As in my birth certificate my mother's last name was not mentioned , I have just obtained an affidavit from my parents(together) using one of the samples floating around. But I just found that there is spelling mistake in my father's first name in one sentence. But in other sentences, its correctly wriiten.

Is it ok to send this with application?

Thanks

In my company, my friend had the same issue. Our attorney as ked him to get a new one...ask your parents to get a new one and send you the scanned copy..in this way..it will be very quick. If you need a format, PM me..I can sedn you.

rock2999
07-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Could you please email me (to kumarjpk@hotmail.com)the formats of affidavits for birth certificate.

one from parents
and the other from a close relative

I will be grateful yo you for ur help!!!

ps57002
07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Are the sample affadavits floating around the ones to be used (that my parents can fill in and sign) and would that be sufficient. Does it have to be notariazed or parents filling/signing it is sufficient.

Also do consulates of India etc provide such affadavits/birth certificates?

confused...

it has to be 2 affadavits....right...one by parents (both parents on one i'm assuming) and the other say an uncle (is there a format for that one)...

ashkam
07-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Are the sample affadavits floating around the ones to be used (that my parents can fill in and sign) and would that be sufficient. Does it have to be notariazed or parents filling/signing it is sufficient.

Also do consulates of India etc provide such affadavits/birth certificates?

confused...

it has to be 2 affadavits....right...one by parents (both parents on one i'm assuming) and the other say an uncle (is there a format for that one)...

You need 2 affidavits, one from each parent. Or from one parent and one close relative. Or two from two close relatives. They do not need to be notarized as long as they are self-attested. Scanned copies are fine. Retain the original with you in case the CIS asks for it.

ashkam
07-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Also, consulate-provided certificates cannot be accepted as primary evidence. They can be used as secondary evidence along with school certificates, etc. Primary evidence is either copy of original birth certificate or affidavits or a combination of both.

anzerraja
07-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Lately the members of IV have come to know that Aman Kapoor, the co-founder of IV has sold his house and spent around $64000/- towards the administrative costs of IV. This too was brought to our attention from a regular member like you and me, without which this would not have come to our knowledge at all.

So some of the members have taken an initiative to reimburse Aman and other core IV team members with the expenses they have incurred so far towards the administrative costs of IV. Note that the time they have spent and the sufferings cannot be compensated. Let us do the least by atleast compensating the money. Please do not donate directly to IV funds.

There is a funding drive in this other thread towards reimbursing the administrative costs of IV.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10708

Could you please pledge an amount ?

inskrish
07-20-2007, 11:19 AM
They do not need to be notarized as long as they are self-attested. Scanned copies are fine. Retain the original with you in case the CIS asks for it.

AFIK, the affidavits must be notarized.

Regards,
IK

gcfrustoo
07-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Guys, I submitted my app on July 2 with matriculation as BC. I'm OK with RFE... Do you think it will be rejected????

fcres
07-20-2007, 12:15 PM
In my company, my friend had the same issue. Our attorney as ked him to get a new one...ask your parents to get a new one and send you the scanned copy..in this way..it will be very quick. If you need a format, PM me..I can sedn you.

Gotgc, i sent you a PM. Please respond.

ashkam
07-20-2007, 12:26 PM
AFIK, the affidavits must be notarized.

Regards,
IK

Rajiv Khanna says affidavits do not have to be notarized if they are self-attested. If you have a link which says otherwise, please post it here.

ashkam
07-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Guys, I submitted my app on July 2 with matriculation as BC. I'm OK with RFE... Do you think it will be rejected????

I don't think they will accept matriculation certificate as primary evidence. Since the birth certificate is initial evidence, you should contact your lawyer ASAP.

gcfrustoo
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't think they will accept matriculation certificate as primary evidence. Since the birth certificate is initial evidence, you should contact your lawyer ASAP.
well..lawyer told me its a birth evidence and we can send BC later...seems like he may be looking for employers benefits..anyone knows if its OK..otherwise I may have to redo the medicals

Aah_GC
07-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Anzerraja, I could not get to that link. I will pledge an amount.

Lately the members of IV have come to know that Aman Kapoor, the co-founder of IV has sold his house and spent around $64000/- towards the administrative costs of IV. This too was brought to our attention from a regular member like you and me, without which this would not have come to our knowledge at all.

So some of the members have taken an initiative to reimburse Aman and other core IV team members with the expenses they have incurred so far towards the administrative costs of IV. Note that the time they have spent and the sufferings cannot be compensated. Let us do the least by atleast compensating the money. Please do not donate directly to IV funds.

There is a funding drive in this other thread towards reimbursing the administrative costs of IV.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10708

Could you please pledge an amount ?

Gclong
07-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi gurus

I look for a help in terms of clarification for birth cert,,

1. Born in 70 but my birth was registered in 2005 when I wanted a birth certificate, BC issued in aug 2005 and says registered in 2005. Is it ok I use them or I need an affidavit also from my parents?

2. There is one letter written wrongly in my name.. can i send or get a new one??

I would greatly appreciate your advise on this

Thanks in advance for your help

Gclong

vaishnavilakshmi
07-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi gurus

I look for a help in terms of clarification for birth cert,,

1. Born in 70 but my birth was registered in 2005 when I wanted a birth certificate, BC issued in aug 2005 and says registered in 2005. Is it ok I use them or I need an affidavit also from my parents?

2. There is one letter written wrongly in my name.. can i send or get a new one??

I would greatly appreciate your advise on this

Thanks in advance for your help

Gclong

Hi friend,

1st question). As per immigration rules,if ur birth is registered on or after 1year of ur birth till date,u got to submit two additional sworn affidavits along with the birth certificate as proof.

So in ur case since ur birth was registered in 2005 and got a new birth certificate in 2005 u need to submit the following :

Birth certificate(which u have now with u..issued in august 2005)

+

Two sworn affidavits from any two blood relatives(mom,dad,siblings,aunt,uncle) older and get notarised
by any attorney/magitrate.The following is the format.

AFFIDAVIT REGARDING BIRTH

I __________________ (name) being the _________________ (relationship father, mother, sister, brother, aunt, uncle), to ______________ (FN name), reside at ___________________ (address, including country), do hereby solemnly affirm and state on oath as follows:

I declare that _________________ is my (son/daughter/brother/sister/niece/
nephew). He/She was born on __(Date)_____ in (town, country) and that ______________ (father’s name) is his/her father and _____________ (mother’s name) is his/her mother.

Signature of Deponent

AFFIDAVITS MUST BE PROVIDED BY TWO (2) BLOOD RELATIVES, (MOTHER, FATHER, AUNT, UNCLE), AND THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE WITNESSED AND STAMPED BY AN ADVOCATE/NOTARY FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF YOUR COUNTRY.

Note :
whatever be the case,combined affidavit will not work.Please ask any two of ur blood relations to give them individually.in my case My dad gave me one affidavit and my aunt gave me one affidavit,coz my mom was in usa that time with me.please check with ur lawyer.this format was 2months old format.i got it done in May 2007.

2 question).Name spelling mispelt in birth certificate needs a combined affidavit from parents and notarised.

Please check with ur lawyer too,
Goodluck,
Vaishu

Aah_GC
07-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Vaishu,

I have a question for you. I had lost my birth certificated and fortunately my father was visiting us so I get an affidavit signed by him. My mother is no more and my siblings are in India. Would there be a problem as I sent an affidavit in lieu of birth cert with just my father's signature? Please let me know.

ashkam
07-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Vaishu,

I have a question for you. I had lost my birth certificated and fortunately my father was visiting us so I get an affidavit signed by him. My mother is no more and my siblings are in India. Would there be a problem as I sent an affidavit in lieu of birth cert with just my father's signature? Please let me know.

Uncle or aunt's affidavit would have done as well. But you cannot send just one.

sankap
07-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Along with the DOB affidavits, do we also need the cert for non-availability of BC?

Gclong
07-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks very much for your advice.
Will try to get the affidavit asap.

I have to send the original of birth certificate or a copy will do?

Gclong

ashkam
07-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks very much for your advice.
Will try to get the affidavit asap.

I have to send the original of birth certificate or a copy will do?

Gclong

Copy.

vishi1480
07-20-2007, 05:50 PM
My BC does not contain my mother's name. I am getting an affidavit from my parents to support my BC. Do I also need a document from Municipal Registrar similar to what is needed if Birth Certificate is missing? Thanks!

sxk
07-20-2007, 07:14 PM
My Birth Certificate is in the Regional Language of the State that I was born in India. The name of my parents are in English and misspelled. please advice what additional supporting documents do I need to submit for filing I-485.

Please advice.

inskrish
07-20-2007, 08:03 PM
My Birth Certificate is in the Regional Language of the State that I was born in India. The name of my parents are in English and misspelled. please advice what additional supporting documents do I need to submit for filing I-485.

Please advice.

Hi Sxk,

You have to contact a certified foreign language translator in your area and get your document translated in to English, but I am not sure how to handle the spelling mistake issue. However, spelling mistake in parents name is not a major issue, and USCIS will send RFE when there is a spelling mistake in applicants' names.

Regards,
IK

inskrish
07-20-2007, 08:09 PM

Hi,

USCIS gives RFE for birth certificate related issues.

Regards,
IK

inskrish
07-20-2007, 08:15 PM
My BC does not contain my mother's name. I am getting an affidavit from my parents to support my BC. Do I also need a document from Municipal Registrar similar to what is needed if Birth Certificate is missing? Thanks!

In your case, you have the birth certificate, so you don't need to submit the non-availability certificate. It is better you contact your municipal office and apply for your birth certificate with your mother's name included.

Regards,
IK

gcfrustoo
07-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi,

USCIS gives RFE for birth certificate related issues.

Regards,
IK
Thanks Krish:-)

inskrish
07-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Along with the DOB affidavits, do we also need the cert for non-availability of BC?

Hi,

If you don't have birth certificate, you must submit 2 affidavits and the non-availability certificate.

Regards,
IK

ps57002
07-21-2007, 04:29 PM
up until now i didn't even know i had a birth certificate (from india born at home). When spoke with parents, i do have one...except my name is listed something else and then i was renamed after the astrological etc consulting. No name change etc was registered. What can i do?

1) can i just submit the 2 affadavits from relatives? where can i get a 'non availability of birth certificate...from indian consulate? how difficult/time consuming is it?

2) if I use my BC, what else do i submit? How do i show it's my BC?

Please help

aaaj
07-22-2007, 12:09 PM
My wifes also had same problem. I read some where in this forum that you can add a line in your affidavit that "my son was known by nickname <your name on BC> as an infant".

inskrish
07-22-2007, 12:39 PM
My wifes also had same problem.

I really envy at you.:)

ps57002
07-23-2007, 01:28 PM
plz confirm regarding the totally diff name on BC. it was made a few days after birth. i guess i was renamed after astrological consultations. No name change registered. BC only has a 'first' (nickname i guess..it's not even my nickname)...lol i got switched at birth...kidding.

so i am getting original BC. I will get affadavits with line saying "she was known by nickname --- at birth" or somethng like that...

vishi1480
07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks for your help. I will try and see if they can issue a BC with my mother's name. I am not sure whether they can accomodate that in their fixed format, but its worth a try!

In your case, you have the birth certificate, so you don't need to submit the non-availability certificate. It is better you contact your municipal office and apply for your birth certificate with your mother's name included.

Regards,
IK

paryaniafroze
03-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi,

My mom is going for the Tourist Visa to Chennai on 31st Mar, 2008. I am in US presently and my brother could able to arrange for the birth certificate. A big blunder, my mom name is blank in the birth certificate as they have prepared the BC keeping in mind my SSC (10th Certificate which doesn't have mom's name, ofcourse). Whether an affidavit from my mom + the birth certificate without my mom name in it, will solve my problem?

My name as per passport First Name: Afroze Last Name : Mohammed

As per the BC certificate Name: Mohd Afroze ( As per 10th Std spellings), whether it will create any problem?

Please suggest me 31st March is approaching .................
Thanks,

Afroze