PDA

View Full Version : New funding ideas?

naushit
07-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I recently saw a thread about $64,000 contribution and was alarmed!

I thank Aman for his effort and financial sacrifice,

but main question is...Who is next to sell his house?
How many people are ready to sell their house? Not me.. Sorry!

clearly the donation based funding drives are not sufficient to keep up with expenses to support our cause.

So? We must come up with alternative revenue/ funding ideas.

Here are my ideas.

1) Let Google pay for our expenses.
Show google adds on IV.org and let people click on advertisements and adsense revenue keep flowing.

2) Create Premium database for Immigration Lawyers per area.
Let them bid for only 3 listing per state.( charge about $1000/state).

More creative and innovative ideas from members?

ireddy
07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Employing couple of paralegals / attorney's through IV and members use their services ( for EAD / AP / other renewals / filings) at discounted prices. Part of this fee will fund the IV activities.

naushit
07-20-2007, 01:07 PM
I believe I posted this thread in wrong section, it should belong to "members only area".

Moderators , please move this thread for me?

ireddy,

Hiring paralegals...is excellent Idea, I did my H1B renewal myself and it was not difficult, I would definitely pay $200 for paperwork service ...

Keep them coming.

Thanks

superbabu
07-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Extension to your google ads..
Most of these comps should be willing to buy ads
1. icici nri services
2. citi bank nri services
3. newyork life insurance
4. All those apt/real estate ads from india.

The only risk is..
Current paying members might think, "Oh they already have this revenue flow from ads.. why do i need to contribute"

So the trick is to balance..

GCBy3000
07-20-2007, 01:23 PM
May be there will be some immigrant attorneys who could help us.

Bottom line is why you want some service? Just donate and take part in IV. I would like to call this as investment for future instead of donation. Donation normally stands good if we dont get any benefit other than mental satisfaction. Here with IV, we contribute and get something back if IV succeeds. So this is not donation. You pay for yourself. If attitude changes, we dont have to search avenues for raising funds.

mehulpatel2
07-20-2007, 01:55 PM
I am not sure if IV can get a non-profit designation or not. But other possibility could be setting up a plan with major store chains like Wal-mart, Kroger, Harris Teeter, etc in each state that when you shop at these places will donate a portion of the proceeds to IV. I know that almost all stores do this kind of a setup for schools, universities, charities, etc.

Another idea could be setting up a similar plan with credit card companies, where the credit card companies donate a portion of the IV member's spending to IV. Call it a IV credit card. Again, they currently do this for alumni associations, IEEE, etc.

Mehul

friend_in_NC
07-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Contributed $100 today via paypal.