PDA

View Full Version : Interim EAD

eager_immi
07-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Can someone post where they have stopped issuing interim EADs. I have not come across any USCIS specific website.

Thanks

pxu7728
07-20-2007, 08:32 PM
cut paste from website : murthy

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_intead.html

Interim EAD Procedure
Posted Feb 23, 2007
©MurthyDotCom
The Vermont Service Center (VSC) has advised that they have instituted a new procedure for issuing interim Employment Authorization Documents (EADs). These are appropriate in situations where the EAD request has been pending for at least 90 days. The expected termination of interim EADs at local USCIS offices was reported in our June 30, 2006 MurthyBulletin article, June 2006 Conference Update: Interim EADs to End, available on MurthyDotCom.
©MurthyDotCom
The new procedure requires that an individual go to the local USCIS office to make the interim EAD request. The local office then will contact the VSC. The VSC will review the file and try to adjudicate the initial EAD application and avoid the need for an interim EAD. If they cannot complete the initial application, however, they can issue an interim EAD.
©MurthyDotCom
The interim EAD will not be issued if there are "national security issues." Therefore, if the case is held up due to security concerns, there may be instances where the interim EAD is not given. Whether or not it is issued depends upon the severity of the security matter.
©MurthyDotCom
This procedure will help some people with delayed EADs. MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers who will be renewing their EADs should not wait until they are close to their expiration dates to request new ones. We recommend filing four months in advance to avoid a lapse in employment authorization.

tinamatthew
07-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Can someone post where they have stopped issuing interim EADs. I have not come across any USCIS specific website.

Thanks

I know I have read it on the USCIS website...I'll get it for you

aditik
07-20-2007, 09:49 PM
I know I have read it on the USCIS website...I'll get it for you

Hi

This is what is mentioned on the I-765 form.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf

Check page number 9. It speaks about Interim EAD, and this document expires on 08/31/08. If they have stopped issuing Interim EADs how come it says the opposite on this document. Just wondering:confused:

everonh1
07-22-2007, 01:32 PM
What is the basis for applying an interim EAD??
Can anyone who has not received EAD apply after 90 days without any specific reason to be stated??

eager_immi
07-22-2007, 01:44 PM
I have read this document as well before. That is one of my reason I wanted an explaination where interim EAD was terminated. Thanks

Hi

This is what is mentioned on the I-765 form.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf

Check page number 9. It speaks about Interim EAD, and this document expires on 08/31/08. If they have stopped issuing Interim EADs how come it says the opposite on this document. Just wondering:confused:

gcpradeep
07-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Part 6 , Processing Information On Page8 of I-765 Instructions states =>
"Interim EAD. If you have not received a decision within90 days of receipt by USCIS of a properly filed EADapplication or within 30 days of a properly filed initial EADapplication based on an asylum application filed on or afterJanuary 4, 1995, you may obtain interim work authorization byappearing in person at your local USCIS district office. Youmust bring proof of identity and any notices that you havereceived from USCIS in connection with your application foremployment authorization."

Notice that Interim EAD is for ASYLUM Applicants.

danila
07-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Part 6 , Processing Information On Page8 of I-765 Instructions states =>
"Interim EAD. If you have not received a decision within90 days of receipt by USCIS of a properly filed EADapplication or within 30 days of a properly filed initial EADapplication based on an asylum application filed on or afterJanuary 4, 1995, you may obtain interim work authorization byappearing in person at your local USCIS district office. Youmust bring proof of identity and any notices that you havereceived from USCIS in connection with your application foremployment authorization."

Notice that Interim EAD is for ASYLUM Applicants.

Not true. It is 30 days for the asylum based apps and 90 days for the rest.

indianabacklog
07-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Not true. It is 30 days for the asylum based apps and 90 days for the rest.
I do not have a memo or web link, however, when I went for my fingerprinting appointment I asked about the interim EAD of the processing time dragged for my husband.

I was told that there are no facilities at any local USCIS offices for the production of interim EAD's. If your application goes beyond the 90 day time limit, you have two choices. Go to the local office and ask them to send an email to the service center to ask for them to process quickly or issue interim EAD, or call the 1 800 number directly of the service center and cut out the middle man.

danila
07-27-2007, 11:04 AM
I do not have a memo or web link, however, when I went for my fingerprinting appointment I asked about the interim EAD of the processing time dragged for my husband.

I was told that there are no facilities at any local USCIS offices for the production of interim EAD's. If your application goes beyond the 90 day time limit, you have two choices. Go to the local office and ask them to send an email to the service center to ask for them to process quickly or issue interim EAD, or call the 1 800 number directly of the service center and cut out the middle man.

I've heard that too, no more interim EADs. I was just commenting on the text of the post.

maddipati1
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
USCIS updated today (07/30/07), the form 765 and instructions corresponding to 765

go to http://www.uscis.gov, click on 'Immigration Forms' tab, search for '765' and open the EAD link, go to the bottom of this page. now they seperated instructions and form into two separate links.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf ( for instructions )
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf ( the actual form )

I think they added details about 'where to file'.

The information AditiK was refering on 9th page is now on 12th page.

gcpradeep's interpretation is wrong. danila's interpretation is absolutely right.

Its 30 days for asylum applicants and 90 for all other eligible applicats.

It looks very clear that 485 filers CAN get interimEAD after 90days.

Interim EAD.

If you have not received a decision within90 days of receipt by USCIS of a properly filed EADapplication

or

within 30 days of a properly filed initial EADapplication based on an asylum application filed on or afterJanuary 4, 1995,

you may obtain interim work authorizationby appearing in person at your local USCIS district office.You must bring proof of identity and any notices that you havereceived from USCIS in connection with your application foremployment authorization.