PDA

View Full Version : STEM Question

dwl800
06-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi All,

I have a question. I have a Master's Degree and have 3 years of experience in my field (Civil Engineering) Now lets say for some reason I want to go back to India and come back after few years.

If the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill is passed, then my question to you guys is.....

WILL I BE ELIGIBLE TO FILE FOR GREEN CARD CONSULAR PROCESSING (BASED ON STEM DEGREE) FROM INDIA?

dixie
06-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi All,

I have a question. I have a Master's Degree and have 3 years of experience in my field (Civil Engineering) Now lets say for some reason I want to go back to India and come back after few years.

If the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill is passed, then my question to you guys is.....

WILL I BE ELIGIBLE TO FILE FOR GREEN CARD CONSULAR PROCESSING (BASED ON STEM DEGREE) FROM INDIA?
We are neither immigration lawyers nor USCIS officials. They are the only ones competant answer to such questions. Anyways, the bill mentions nothing about having "experience" in your field .. what is required is to be working in the US for the 3 years preceeding your I-485. Everything else is immaterial.
But now is not the time to be dreaming and counting unhatched chickens IMO.

GCwaitforever
06-09-2006, 06:28 PM
We are neither immigration lawyers nor USCIS officials. They are the only ones competant answer to such questions. Anyways, the bill mentions nothing about having "experience" in your field .. what is required is to be working in the US for the 3 years preceeding your I-485. Everything else is immaterial.
But now is not the time to be dreaming and counting unhatched chickens IMO.

It should be before the immigrant petition is filed. So before I-140 is applied.

dwl800
06-13-2006, 10:15 AM
I wont be able to file for GC under STEM coz my I-140 was filed in EB-3 after 2 years of my Graduation but less than 3 years.