PDA

View Full Version : Can Lawyer file 485/EAD/AP without my signature by signing Part 5 in Form 485

dngoyal
07-23-2007, 05:14 PM
My lawyer told me back on 2nd July that he has filed on my behalf on 2nd July itself.
I was surprised that I didn't sign any form.
He told he pulled out the info from portal where I filled out my information and he filed on my behalf.
I can see my filled up 485/EAD/AP on his portal.

My question is
" Can lawyer really file without applicant signature of aplicant behalf"

I know he must have not done anything wrong but I just do not want to take chance and want to confirm.

Anybody if knows it, please let me know.

WeShallOvercome
07-23-2007, 05:40 PM
do you work for a big company?

I know a lot of friends who work for my client(a big company) who filed without any signatures and got Receipt notices and FPs as well.

Some companies have facsimile signature stamps of all employees which they provide to the lawyers.

My lawyer also mentioned that I could file without any signatures as long as I give them written authorization to sign on my behalf.. But I insisted and sent the applications signed by myself.

My lawyer told me back on 2nd July that he has filed on my behalf on 2nd July itself.
He told he pulled out the info from portal where I filled out my information and he filed on my behalf.

My question is

I know he must have not done anything wrong but I just do not want to take chance and want to confirm.

delhirocks
07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
You do need to sign all the papers. 485 is your application unlike 140. Unless what the above poster said is true for you (I work for a fortune 50 company, but I signed all papers. I have not heard of fascimile signatures at all, but I have been known to be pretty naive), you might want to double check with your lawyer. USCIS will return any unsigned forms (noted on 485). If that is the case you still have time to remedy the situation.

My question is

pachaik
07-23-2007, 06:50 PM
I work for a big company too and I did not sign any papers. Company's lawyer did that on my behalf after recieving authorization from me. You will be fine!

My question is

Karthikthiru
07-23-2007, 06:52 PM
The lawyers can file without your signature but with your permission. The lawyers can sign on your behalf. I know this has happened some of my friends

Karthik

eers
07-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Q3: Will USCIS reject an application for a missing signature?
A3. Yes, in accordance with standard procedure and applicable regulations, USCIS will reject any filings that do not contain required signatures.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf

WeShallOvercome
07-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Q3: Will USCIS reject an application for a missing signature?
A3. Yes, in accordance with standard procedure and applicable regulations, USCIS will reject any filings that do not contain required signatures.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf

The issue we are discussing is not of 'missing signatures'

The lawyer will sign on behalf of the applicant !

karthiknv143
07-23-2007, 06:56 PM
As long as you authorize the lawfirm to sign on your behalf, the lawfirm can sign it and send it. Not necessary you should be signing it.