PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Complicated situation...Thanks a lot!

edifier
07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I am working for company A under H1-B visa and my PERM was approved early this year and my I-140 (EB2) is pending. I summitted I-485 last week since the PD is current again. Almost the same time, I moved to another department in the same company because of company reconstruction. The job seems to be having different requirements(>50% difference). I have a couple of questions:
1. Within how long I need to inform my company lawyer and then USCIS that my job changed within the same company?
2. What are the concequences if I do not inform my company laywer about my job change? Will USCIS know this in the future and deny my I-140 and I-485?
3. Will my pending I-140 get denied since my job requirement changed (if my company lawyer inform USICS)?
4. What are the possible outcomes for my I-485 under this job change situation?
5. Is that possible that I just stay there as nothing happened and wait for USCIS response to my I-140 and I-485?
6. What can be done in order to avoid a new PERM and new I-140? I really don't want to start all over again since who knows what the PD will be after Oct. this year...

EndlessWait
07-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I am working for company A under H1-B visa and my PERM was approved early this year and my I-140 (EB2) is pending. I summitted I-485 last week since the PD is current again. Almost the same time, I moved to another department in the same company because of company reconstruction. The job seems to be having different requirements(>50% difference). I have a couple of questions:
1. Within how long I need to inform my company lawyer and then USCIS that my job changed within the same company?
2. What are the concequences if I do not inform my company laywer about my job change? Will USCIS know this in the future and deny my I-140 and I-485?
3. Will my pending I-140 get denied since my job requirement changed (if my company lawyer inform USICS)?
5. Is that possible that I just stay there as nothing happened and wait for USCIS response to my I-140 and I-485?
6. What can be done in order to avoid a new PERM and new I-140? I really don't want to start all over again since who knows what the PD will be after Oct. this year...

and wait it out for 6 months and then change ur employer and find a job with the same skill set. as per USCIS ur job description has to be nearly 90% same.. so for u the best option would be to wait and watch..u've no other choice..

jasmin45
07-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Job requirement change may have negative effect on I-140. Because the 140 is based on approved labor and for labor certification, your company must have advertised the job requirements. Please consult a good lawyer for advise and he will come up with options if possible at all.

krishnam70
07-23-2007, 09:41 PM

If your company is ok with giving you a letter sticking to your original duties you should be fine, there is no need to inform USCIS about it. I know it amounts to misleading but in your situation that is the best you can do.

good luck

sathishkrish
07-23-2007, 09:54 PM

If your job description has changed progressively, then it should be OK. What I mean is - If you are a developer and later became a senior developer then its acceptable I presume.

I dont know what else to say as far your situation is concerned - Good Luck!