PDA

View Full Version : 9/17CNN-YouTube Debate 4 Repub-Presid Candidates-Shall IV upload videos ?

engineer
07-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Republican presidential candidates will face questions from YouTube users in a debate scheduled September 17 in Florida.

I suggest that recommend that IV members to submit Immigration related questions to You tube. Please don't don it now. Lets see what IV Core thinks of this idea.

Is Core supporting this idea ? May be IV members can upload their questions and IV Core can review it and then pick best (it can be one or many) and then IV can endorse it.

I mean people are free to post their videos but if we would like to use IV name (which we think we SHOULD) then it should be reviewed for quality and that questions are relevant to IV mission.

Please lets us know. I can coordiante this effort. PM me if you want to discuss this idea ....

Thanks,

Rajeev
07-24-2007, 09:56 AM
It is a very good idea. We can ask simple questions like 'Do you support employment based legal immigration? If yes, how will you fix the broken system for permanent residency?

DDash
07-24-2007, 11:17 AM
The answer will be
yes we support EB immigration system. We tried to fix the problem but democrats did not work with us to fix it and CIR failed.

So questions need to be more pointed:

You had so many years to fix this issue even when you were in majority, why did you not fix it? What are your plans now to fix it? How many days will you take after assuming the office to fix this issue?
And Yes I am talking about high-skilled legal immigration and not undocumented illegals. Please do not make us hostage to illegal immigration in the name of CIR. Tell us your plan to fix this problem.

Good questions...Who is going to create the video? Logiclife? WaldenPond?

Pineapple
07-24-2007, 11:38 AM
An excellent clip created by stueym has already been posted on YouTube. Here is the link to that thread:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6189

engineer
07-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Good questions...Who is going to create the video? Logiclife? WaldenPond?

IV members will create videos and IV core or someone they like to lead this effort can review it and then we can upload it ..it can be one video or many..

To counter candidates CANNED ANSWERS..we can say something like this
" please provide a specific answer to address plight of LEGAL, Highly Skilled, educated and professional workers who are waiting for Green card for years.
Don't couple this issue with un-documented workes"..

This way Anderson Copper will force them to answer specific question..

amitjoey
07-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Core already has a plan in action. Action items are set up for specific purpose, Please read this thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10747
These videos can be selected.