PDA

View Full Version : Early June filer - no receipt yet

gogreen39
07-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi ,

Our attorney mailed our applications to NSC on 7thJune and thru USPS tracking number, we know it has reached NSC on11th June early morning. Have called NSC 5 times in last 3weeks, but every time, I am told our data is not in the system.... Our attorney is asking us to hold on for some more time, till he hears from his bank if the checks have been encashed??? But till now, no news...

Kindly let us know, if anybody who have filed at same time and have not yet received any update???

Thanks in advance!!!!

Canadian_Dream
07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I was in the same situation. My application sent on June 8, received June 11 was entered in the system in July second week while my spouse's application was entered in the system today. There seems to be some delay in processing June second week applications, this is just from my observations from various posts and following . Rest assured you will receive the receipt. I was panicked regarding my application whether it is returned or lost or denied.
When I looked at the I-485 adjudicators manual (available at USCIS website) I found out that all applications are entered in the system even if it is routed be returned back to the applicant for whatever reason. It is simply not possible to not to have an application in the system. So I guess it is matter of time before you will get the receipt. Check with USCIS customer service reps, they are very friendly. If you don't hear anything in another day or two open a service request. This was advised to me by USCIS customer service rep. It usually take 30 days to receive a response but at least you will be assured that someone is looking at it. NSC has issued a notice saying all the applications will be receipted by Aug 01, so wait till then and if you don't hear from them refile the whole thing again as a last resort.

Hope this helps. Good Luck !!!

Hi ,

Our attorney mailed our applications to NSC on 7thJune and thru USPS tracking number, we know it has reached NSC on11th June early morning. Have called NSC 5 times in last 3weeks, but every time, I am told our data is not in the system.... Our attorney is asking us to hold on for some more time, till he hears from his bank if the checks have been encashed??? But till now, no news...

Kindly let us know, if anybody who have filed at same time and have not yet received any update???

Thanks in advance!!!!

mrcmic
07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
I am in the same boat with you.
485 package was delivered by UPS on NSC and the tracking number shows it delivered on the morning of June 08.
However, until this moment there is still no receipts annd check is not cashed.
As Canadian_Dream suggest, we just have to wait a little more time and if still no result, I will submit another copy for the application.

gogreen39
07-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks Canadian_Dream and mrcmic!

I just called NSC to put an service request. I was told no receipt #, no service request can be put in.
Further I was told, there was hold all application to be processed till 2days ago, hence they have started receipting again 2 days back. Hard to believe it. I said I am 11thJune filer, but the IO kept saying there was a hold till 2 days ago. According to IO, all applications will be receipted by30thJuly. But she repeatedly suggested to check the bank for encashed checks. She said 'no encashed checks, no receipt #'...

SO if no receipt #, then how do we file at service request ?? Is there a link to file an online service request?? (I couldn't find one)

Anybody else in the same boat?? Please let us know so that we can track each other's progress.

Thanks once again!

Canadian_Dream
07-24-2007, 08:03 PM
That's correct you cannot open a service request without a receipt, this was suggested to me because I was tracking my spouse's application and they accepted my receipt number. In a way it was a service request on my name.
You can do the following, use your I-140 receipt number. They only reason they need a receipt number is to track the person with the service request.
You can request that your I-485 was filed with the following I-140 XXX receipt number. This will start some kind of tracking on your I-485 application
for which no receipt has been issued in more that 45 days.
Don't read too much in IO's response, you will get different responses from each one of them.

I am sure you will get your receipts before July 30.

Thanks Canadian_Dream and mrcmic!

I just called NSC to put an service request. I was told no receipt #, no service request can be put in.
Further I was told, there was hold all application to be processed till 2days ago, hence they have started receipting again 2 days back. Hard to believe it. I said I am 11thJune filer, but the IO kept saying there was a hold till 2 days ago. According to IO, all applications will be receipted by30thJuly. But she repeatedly suggested to check the bank for encashed checks. She said 'no encashed checks, no receipt #'...

SO if no receipt #, then how do we file at service request ?? Is there a link to file an online service request?? (I couldn't find one)

Anybody else in the same boat?? Please let us know so that we can track each other's progress.

Thanks once again!

mambarg
07-24-2007, 08:08 PM
My attorney uses Fedex and we get receipts on time.
I would recommend to use Fedex instead of UPS.

mrcmic
07-24-2007, 08:19 PM
The lawyer also delivered other case using UPS and they already got receipts.
If I have to resubmit, I will use USPS to the PO.Box My attorney uses Fedex and we get receipts on time.
I would recommend to use Fedex instead of UPS.

mrcmic
07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Just called them a moment to put a service request.
But the IO side it may take several weeks or a couple of month to have any feedback.
I am worrying I have to resubmit another copy.