PDA

View Full Version : Signature on Forms

ksurjan
07-25-2007, 02:22 PM
For some of my colleagues, the company law firm is sending the AOS/AP/EAD forms without signatures.
They were asked to send an email saying they authorize the law firm to sign the document. Here's a quote from the law firm
"With the authorization on your e-mail, we will be signing all forms. In this way we can get your petition out to USCIS as soon as possible, instead of waiting for your signed documents."

Is this OK? Can USCIS accept the forms with applicants signature?

texcan
07-25-2007, 02:35 PM
For some of my colleagues, the company law firm is sending the AOS/AP/EAD forms without signatures.
They were asked to send an email saying they authorize the law firm to sign the document. Here's a quote from the law firm
"With the authorization on your e-mail, we will be signing all forms. In this way we can get your petition out to USCIS as soon as possible, instead of waiting for your signed documents."

My lawyer told me to authorize him, and he has signed all forms on my behalf.
I beleive this is a common practice. I have confirmed with some other friends as well.

rolrblade
07-25-2007, 04:31 PM

You are good ....dont worry. he will attach a g-28 form with it. This is common industry practise.

beemboy
07-25-2007, 04:52 PM
My lawyer is doing the same thing. I understand that lawyers will send g-28 form, however, donít we have to at least sign the g-28 form to give consent to the lawyer?

TIND_CT
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
The same happened with me, I authorized my attorneys office (via e-mail) to sign the documents on my behalf. Looks like its a common practice. Even I checked with my attorney today about that and he told that's fine, for them to sign on my behalf.

sledge_hammer
07-25-2007, 05:18 PM
You are correct. You have to sign the form G-28 to give your lawyer permission to represent you. Once this is done, the attorney can sign on your behalf. This happened to me!

My lawyer is doing the same thing. I understand that lawyers will send g-28 form, however, donít we have to at least sign the g-28 form to give consent to the lawyer?

krishjack
07-25-2007, 05:27 PM
In My case I didn't even sign G-28 form. I was asked to give Power Of Attorney for them to sign the documents.

beemboy
07-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Thank you. It looks like our lawers are ok with sending consent form via email as well. I wonder if USCIS will accept this ?

You are correct. You have to sign the form G-28 to give your lawyer permission to represent you. Once this is done, the attorney can sign on your behalf. This happened to me!