PDA

View Full Version : Alarming update from Info officer @ Customer service center

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Guys , when i called up today for I-485 petitions for USCIS i was little bit worried when first officer informed me of the process and she explained why we are not receiving receipt numbers.

But after 20 min long discussion with her i was little worried and thus want to share this info for your comments.

As per her" USCIS will wait for all 485 petitions , and assign them visa numbers as per availability , she told me that they exhausted all visa numbers on june 26 2007. and they are going to receive all unused numbers on aug 17 and will assign accordingly for all cases who are considered for adjudication.

If they run out of visa numbers again during this process they will return applications saying apply after October 2007.

After going though i couldnt believe myself and i called them back to enquire about the same. another officer told me the same that this is the update they have. If this is the case is USCIS really accepting or playing with us ? i dont understand at all. Out of curiocity again i asked my friend and he reported same info. I dont want to rise panic flag with this info but just share and request your comments. please.

FYI: My case is with NSC filed on July 2 ,

WeShallOvercome
07-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Something for IV core to look into and comment!

badluck
07-26-2007, 02:00 PM
It can be true.. Thats why no july filer have got there reciept so far....
Mannn.......again Badnews for badluck:mad:

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:01 PM
i sent a PM to CORE let see ...; if you have your own channels please check here is the no of customer service i called

800 375 5283 - 1,2 6 and then details and then cust rep will transfer to Inf officer

tnite
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Guys , when i called up today for I-485 petitions for USCIS i was little bit worried when first officer informed me of the process and she explained why we are not receiving receipt numbers.

But after 20 min long discussion with her i was little worried and thus want to share this info for your comments.

As per her" USCIS will wait for all 485 petitions , and assign them visa numbers as per availability , she told me that they exhausted all visa numbers on june 26 2007. and they are going to receive all unused numbers on aug 17 and will assign accordingly for all cases who are considered for adjudication.

If they run out of visa numbers again during this process they will return applications saying apply after October 2007.

After going though i couldnt believe myself and i called them back to enquire about the same. another officer told me the same that this is the update they have. If this is the case is USCIS really accepting or playing with us ? i dont understand at all. Out of curiocity again i asked my friend and he reported same info. I dont want to rise panic flag with this info but just share and request your comments. please.

But visa numbers are not alloted at the time of receipt of I485's.They are alloted when its ready for approval and if they have one.

mambarg
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
One thing you need to understand is Nebraska is still receipting apps received on June 29th. How can they comment for July 2nd.
They have to send receipt and do whatever they want for processing.
Please do not panic.

For others who are reading. Do not read too much into this.
I can say that they will accept/receipt and file it away and then decide on Aug 17th , how they will start processing sequentially.

We dont care of that sequence as of now.
After 180 days , we might think of it.

kaisersose
07-26-2007, 02:04 PM
That is totally incorrect.

Visa numbers are assigned only after a 485 is fully processed. They cannot assign visa numbers in 3 weeks for cases that have just been received by them.

Also, USCIS has explicitly stated they will accept all 485s filed on or before Aug 17 regardless of visa number availability.

Obviously applications filed after Aug 17 will be returned.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:04 PM
You might suggest its BS but i had a 30 min call with her , i explained how the process works etc. then she told me this is the latest rules they have . I want this to be BS too... but after speaking with her and confirming twice i value it atleast to make sure if we can do something. Also she clearly mentioned 4-5 times that NOT ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. there will be many returns . if i hear this thrice how can i say i shouldnt read in to this.

ChainReaction
07-26-2007, 02:05 PM

Just called TSC and spoke to IO
The lady was nice and after getting my info including Country of Birth,placed me on hold for 5 minutes and she came back and told me that no new info is available in regards to my 485 ... and NO RECEIPT will be issued and ALL APPLICATIONS are on HOLD until after August 17th, when visa numbers from other ROW will be available to India. I told her my application was filed based on June VB and she told me it does not matter if it is for JUNE or JULY???

Seems like the TSC is now issuing receipts based on availability of visa number? But NSC is still issuing receipt after June 26th RD???:confused:

SkilledWorker4GC
07-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Then why the hell they accept all applications...This is so stupid....

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Do u guys think i havent asked these questions to all three times i have called? if they are saying this is what we are doing for after July 17 though aug 17 then i am gonna say ? come on guys i want also this to be not true. BUT if this is latest info they have and doing .. dont u remember that they did with june filers and exhausted numbers ? many things doesnt make sense to me but i called them three times and i got the same info. how can i say i shouldnt trust my ears? i gave phone number again to see other members can call and enquire.

She said its for all service centers Both NSC and TSC

ChainReaction
07-26-2007, 02:08 PM
You might suggest its BS but i had a 30 min call with her , i explained how the process works etc. then she told me this is the latest rules they have . I want this to be BS too... but after speaking with her and confirming twice i value it atleast to make sure if we can do something. Also she clearly mentioned 4-5 times that NOT ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. there will be many returns . if i hear this thrice how can i say i shouldnt read in to this.

I Don't think that they can return application back, that will be another lawsuit waiting to happen...but i am afraid that they might not process our application until new visa numbers are available again.

badluck
07-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Do u guys think i havent asked these questions to all three times i have called? if they are saying this is what we are doing for after July 17 though aug 17 then i am gonna say ? come on guys i want also this to be not true. BUT if this is latest info they have and doing .. dont u remember that they did with june filers and exhausted numbers ? many things doesnt make sense to me but i called them three times and i got the same info. how can i say i shouldnt trust my ears? i gave phone number again to see other members can call and enquire.

may be they all know that you are calling again and again..thats why they gave you same information...are you calling from same phone number..

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:09 PM
I Don't think that they can return application back, that will be another lawsuit waiting to happen...but i am afraid that they might not process our application until new visa numbers are available again.
I LITERALLY ASKED HER 12 TIMES HOW CAN U RETURN IT , SHE SAID THAT WHAT IS THE UPDATE THEY HAVE FROM THE OFFICERS. FORGET ABOUT LAWSUIT ETC IF THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN WE ARE SCREWED BIG TIME

WeShallOvercome
07-26-2007, 02:10 PM

Yeah, no one expects them to process applications before visa numbers are available, all we want is acceptance and receipt notices.... they CAN NOT go back on their re-revised bulletin they issued on 17th July.

kaisersose
07-26-2007, 02:11 PM
This is exactly why USCIS reversed the original bulletin and following the uproar, allowed things to proceed as usual.

So there is no way, they are gonna reject applications filed before Aug 17. These customer service people obviously have no clear updates on the matter. Her latest news is from 2 weeks ago!

Once again, visa numbers are not assigned to new cases. They are assigned to fully processed cases.

My friends with EB3 2003 PDs are still receiving 485 approvals now. although visa numbers were already assigned in June. So give USCIS sometime to catch up.

bigboy007
I Used Diff Phone Numbers All Are With Diff Area Codes As I Have Two Diff Cell Phones And One Diff Landline

None Of The Cases She Took My Name. Also If You See Other Persons Post He Too Got Same Answer. Believe Me Guys We Need To Do Something Guys.

chanduv23
Reciept number == Visa number?

I think they are on a different page altogether.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:12 PM
This is exactly why USCIS reversed the original bulletin and following the uproar, allowed things to proceed as usual.

So there is no way, they are gonna reject applications filed before Aug 17. These customer service people obviously have no clear updates on the matter. Her latest news is from 2 weeks ago!

Once again, visa numbers are not assigned to new cases. They are assigned to fully processed cases.

My friends with EB3 2003 PDs are still receiving 485 approvals now. although visa numbers were already assigned in June. So give USCIS sometime to catch up.
ok I WISH WHAT U SAID IS TRUE AND CAN YOU GIVE GUARANTEES IF USCIS IS INFORMING LIKE THIS ? IF YOU DONT TRUST PLEASE CALL AGAIN. THE ONLY REASON I AM HAVING THIS DISCUSSION TO MAKE SURE WHAT I HEARD IS NOT THE RIGHT THING.

coolmanasip
guys this is getting silly beyond comprehension........please please have some self respect........you did what you could and was in your hands......if after all this this stupid agency wants to return applications........do hell with them and do hell with this country..........comon guys don't be so desperate at someone's mercy..........u did what u had to.....else almighty help us all........

bigboy007
Reciept number == Visa number?

I think they are on a different page altogether.
sHE SAID ONLY CASES THEY CONSIDER FOR ADJUDICATION WITH EVERYTHING FINE WILL BE ALLOTTED A VISA NUMBER.

kaisersose
07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I Used Diff Phone Numbers All Are With Diff Area Codes As I Have Two Diff Cell Phones And One Diff Landline

None Of The Cases She Took My Name. Also If You See Other Persons Post He Too Got Same Answer. Believe Me Guys We Need To Do Something Guys.

I am sure you heard it right. But I am equally sure she has got it wrong.

It looks like she is not aware of the difference between a receipt number and a visa number.

mambarg
Q18: Will there be any delays in processing applications received as a result of the July 17 notice reopening the filing period for employment-based adjustment applications under the July Visa Bulletin?
A18. Depending on the volume of applications received, there may be some delay in the issuance of receipt notices. Processing times will be updated on the USCIS web site.

DOES THIS SAY NO RECEIPT NUMBERS ?????????????????????????

bigboy007
guys this is getting silly beyond comprehension........please please have some self respect........you did what you could and was in your hands......if after all this this stupid agency wants to return applications........do hell with them and do hell with this country..........comon guys don't be so desperate at someone's mercy..........u did what u had to.....else almighty help us all........
MERCY IS NOT THE QUESTION, I AM A CAN PR I HAVE BACKUPS ITS NOT ISSUE OF MORALE ETC BUT AFTER ALL THIS PAIN IV CORE DID MORE THAN ANY ONE COULD DO WE NEED JUSTICE AND WE NEED RESULTS FOR OUR HARDWORKS PERIOD.

WeShallOvercome
sHE SAID ONLY CASES THEY CONSIDER FOR ADJUDICATION WITH EVERYTHING FINE WILL BE ALLOTTED A VISA NUMBER.

IF visa number was replaced by receipt number, this statement makes perfect sense

cjain
07-26-2007, 02:14 PM
guys,

pls. ignore this guy. and stop calling cis...please let them process receipts

my 2c

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:14 PM

It looks like she is not aware of the difference between a receipt number and a visa number.
EVEN AFTER THREE TIME I GOT THE SAME ANSWER AND SOMEOTHER PERSON POSTED HE GOT SIMILAR RESPONSE TOO, MAY BE ONE OF REP IS INCORRECT NOT ALL RIGHT?

ChainReaction
07-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I LITERALLY ASKED HER 12 TIMES HOW CAN U RETURN IT , SHE SAID THAT WHAT IS THE UPDATE THEY HAVE FROM THE OFFICERS. FORGET ABOUT LAWSUIT ETC IF THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN WE ARE SCREWED BIG TIME

They cannot do that then what is the point of revising July VB and telling post JUNE fillers to file their 485 if they are finally going to reject all the application and return them back after Aug17th?

Maybe that is there way of saying thank you for the Flowers :D :D

waitin_toolong
07-26-2007, 02:15 PM
well, I would not panic right now, in fact not at all

Based on past experience these people answering the phone don't have procedural information, they usually answer the queries like why is my application taking so long. Think about all the people who would be calling at the same time to ask when will theirs be approved, someone who files at x time got approval why do they have to wait etc. They seem to be basing their answer on that.

USCIS has said that it will accept all applications filed till Aug 17 2007 that were eligible under July 2007 bulletin so they will.

As for receipt I would say hold your horses as USCIS has issued advisories stating they are backlogged and hope to catchup by Oct 26th

As other people have mentioned she seemed to be confusing visa numbers vs receipts.

If you want to confirm tell her about the USCIS reversal of July Bulletin and visa numbers receipts approvals and acceptance of aaplications

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:16 PM
guys,

my 2c
GOOD FOR U MAN , IF I MAKING NONSENSE HERE , THEN U SHOULD CONSIDER PERSON WHO RAISED RUMORS FOR JULY VISA BULLETIN ,SOME OF US SAID DONT TRUST THIS THEY CANT CHANGE VISA BULLETIN BUT WHAT HAPPENED? IF YOU GUYS DONT TRUST ME THAT FINE AS AN IV MEMBER I DID JUSTIFIY MYSELF BY SHARING INFO I HAVE I TRY THROUGH MY OWN CHANNELS.

badluck
07-26-2007, 02:17 PM
guys,

my 2c

Please dont ignore anybody..He is just like us, also worried like us. he is trying to help us by telling something he find out.. BigBoy...Goodjob.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:18 PM
well, I would not panic right now.

Based on past experience these people answering the phone don't have procedural information, they usually answer the queries like why is my application taking so long. Think about all the people who would be calling at the same time to ask when will theirs be approved, someone who files at x time got approval why do they have to wait etc. They seem to be basing their answer on that.

USCIS has said that it will accept all applications filed till Aug 17 2007 that were eligible under July 2007 bulletin so they will.

As for receipt I would say hold your horses as USCIS has issued advisories stating they are backlogged and hope to catchup by Oct 26th
tHESE ARE NOT LEVEL 1 REPS , THEY CALL THEMSELVES USCIS INF OFFICERS AT SERVICE CENTERS. WHY CANT WE BRING THIS UP TO IV CORE LET THEM ENQUIRE THORUGH THEIR CHANNELS IF THIS FALSE GOOD FOR EVERYONE. BUT IF THIS IS INDEED TRUE WHAT WE CAN DO ?

genscn
07-26-2007, 02:19 PM
USCIS will not return 485 applications:

Read Q:15 on this link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf

It clearly says that application for interim benefit will be processed prior to final adjudication of adjustment application and some aliens may have to waita significant period of time, perhaps years, before visa become available.

So till USCIS don't have VISA numbers, AOS application will be kept till numbers becomes available and in mean time EAD will be issued.

srikondoji
07-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Don't panic and try to re-interpret past statements and FAQ and put it in all together a new context.

It depends on how the customer rep understood the question and also depends lot on her knowledge about the whole july fiasco.:D

Again this is a false alarm.

chanduv23
07-26-2007, 02:20 PM
bigboy is trying to alert of possible new issue. There is no need to blast him

gc_chahiye
But visa numbers are not alloted at the time of receipt of I485's.They are alloted when its ready for approval and if they have one.

earlier visa numbers used to assigned at time of receipt (see the Ombudsmans report). The problem with that was if the application was tied up or denied, the visa numbers were not being properly returned to USCIS.

ameryki
bigboy is trying to alert of possible new issue. There is no need to blast him

I agree!

coolmanasip
07-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Bigboy.........take it easy.........no need to take it all so personally..........may be u did hear this and may be she said this but based on the facts now, what u r saying does not make sense........

stop freaking out and plzzz let people concentrate on their 485s so that they can also join u in this receipt crap at a later date......

plzzz for god's sake stop freaking out........

ChainReaction
07-26-2007, 02:21 PM

Based on my conversation with her she seem very knowledgeable , she even asked for my country of citizenship and i also asked her multiple time regarding my RD and June VB.

Also, based on i haven't seen any receipt number generated processed from TSC after June 20th?

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:22 PM
I Dont Think She Is Dumb Becoz I Raised All The Questions You Guys Had And She Said She Is Working From So Long And She Said - Dont Think She Has Any Problem In Understanding Rules. She Said Not All Rules Are Made Public When I Asked About Update On Uscis.gov.

She Only Said This Is The Only Info Any Officers Will Provide.

WeShallOvercome
07-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Don't panic and try to re-interpret past statements and FAQ and put it in all together a new context.

It depends on how the customer rep understood the question and also depends lot on her knowledge about the whole july fiasco.:D

Again this is a false alarm.

And may be she interpreted his question like he was asking about his I-485 approval instead of receipt number...

all the answers she gave him align perfectly with this question "My I-485 has been filed, when will i get my approval"

badluck
07-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Based on my conversation with her she seem very knowledgeable , she even asked for my country of citizenship and i also asked her multiple time regarding my RD and June VB.

Also, based on i haven't seen any receipt number generated processed from TSC after June 20th?

Means Bigboy is right... Badnews for badluck:eek:

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:24 PM
I Dont Think She Is Dumb Becoz I Raised All The Questions You Guys Had And She Said She Is Working From So Long And She Said - Dont Think She Has Any Problem In Understanding Rules. She Said Not All Rules Are Made Public When I Asked About Update On Uscis.gov.

I WANT EVERYONE TO FILE 485'S AS I DID. BUT WHATZ HARM IN TAKING PREVENTIVE STEPS I AM NOT PANICKING AND NEITHER I WANT MYSELF NOR ANY OF YOU TO BE IN SITUATION ON JULY 2ND. PLEASE UNDERSTAND ME.

genscn
07-26-2007, 02:24 PM

It clearly says that application for interim benefit will be processed prior to final adjudication of adjustment application and some aliens may have to wait significant period of time, perhaps years, before visa become available.

So till USCIS don't have VISA numbers, AOS application will be kept till numbers becomes available and in mean time EAD will be issued.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:25 PM
And may be she interpreted his question like he was asking about his I-485 approval instead of receipt number...

all the answers she gave him align perfectly with this question "My I-485 has been filed, when will i get my approval"
SHE DID NOT , BE SHE TOLD ME THAT THERE IS NO POINT IN LOOKIN IN TO SYSTEM FOR PEOPLE WHO FILED 485 BASED ON EB AFTER JULY 2 IF SHE USES THESE SENTENCES ... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY.

gc_chahiye
07-26-2007, 02:25 PM

what phone number did you call? Did you get her name/id? Provide some detailed info so some of us can call independently and verify your story.

This is going to raise another big PR stink for USCIS if they go back on their words. A million flowers will bloom again (in Mr Gonzalez's office)

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:26 PM

It clearly says that application for interim benefit will be processed prior to final adjudication of adjustment application and some aliens may have to wait significant period of time, perhaps years, before visa become available.

I READ THESE WHOLE DOX TO HER , SHE TOLD ONLY THING IN FINAL ITS UP TO ME TO TRUST HER WORDS OR NOT , AND OTHER INF OFFICER ALSO TOLD THE SAME THING. HOW CAN TWO OFFICERS BE INCORRECT , TO CROSS VERFIY MY FRIEND CALLED HE TOLD ME THE SAME THING.

srikondoji
07-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Believe in the revised july bulletin and emilio gonzalez (did i spell right?).
If what you say is true, then already that information would have leaked and AILF would have warned USCIS of possible lawsuit.
IV core and Greg would be on top of this by now.
Anyways, be cool and by the end of the truth will be revealed.
:D

Saralayar
07-26-2007, 02:27 PM
GOOD FOR U MAN , IF I MAKING NONSENSE HERE , THEN U SHOULD CONSIDER PERSON WHO RAISED RUMORS FOR JULY VISA BULLETIN ,SOME OF US SAID DONT TRUST THIS THEY CANT CHANGE VISA BULLETIN BUT WHAT HAPPENED? IF YOU GUYS DONT TRUST ME THAT FINE AS AN IV MEMBER I DID JUSTIFIY MYSELF BY SHARING INFO I HAVE I TRY THROUGH MY OWN CHANNELS.
I think cjain is afraid if this becomes true. Not able to analyze the news.

badluck
SHE DID NOT , BE SHE TOLD ME THAT THERE IS NO POINT IN LOOKIN IN TO SYSTEM FOR PEOPLE WHO FILED 485 BASED ON EB AFTER JULY 2 IF SHE USES THESE SENTENCES ... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY.

After July 2, Means july filers are OK

apb

If they have to open application to consider for application, shouldn't they are required to issue receipt number?

chanduv23

Could be. I guess, we are all so desperate about the reciept number and EAD and AP, that we would be the only people calling for a "Reciept Number".

But it is hard to believe that what she says may not happen.

WeShallOvercome
OK, I think the best thing to do to put this thing to rest is to call USCIS (may be 4-5 members) and if we still get the usual response like 'not is system yet'... we should be good...

But July filers, please don't call en masse yet..

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:28 PM
what phone number did you call? Did you get her name/id? Provide some detailed info so some of us can call independently and verify your story.

This is going to raise another big PR stink for USCIS if they go back on their words. A million flowers will bloom again (in Mr Gonzalez's office)
I POSTED PHONE NUMBER , SINCE THE CALL GOT TRANSFERRED FROM 1ST LEVEL REPS , (WHO NORMALLY SPELL OUT ID NUMBERS ) TO INFO OFFICER THEY DIDNT DISCLOSE THEIR NAMES OR ID'S SHE JUST SAID SHE IS AN INF OFFICER. AGAIN THE NUMBER I CALLED IS 800.375.5283 1,2,6 SPOKE TO REP SHE TRANSFERED BECOZ I DIDNT RECEIVE RECEIPT NUMBER FOR 15 DAYS.

nogc12
07-26-2007, 02:29 PM
See the article

http://lofgren.house.gov/PRArticle.aspx?NewsID=1814

"I’m pleased that a reasonable solution has been reached. I will continue to monitor the situation to ensure that both the Departments of State and Homeland Security follow through properly with this plan."

They will be in lot of trouble if they go back on their announcement.

cjain
07-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Why do you write everything in UPPER CASE or Title Case man? I know you are trying to create panic, but please use the correct case while you are at it.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:30 PM
After July 2, Means july filers are OK
NOT AFTER JULY 2 ON OR AFTER JULY 2 , I FILED ON JULY 2 IF THATS THE CASE I MIGHT NOT BE CONCERNED AS MUCH I AM NOW.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:31 PM
sorry for upper case i didnt realise

kumar_77
07-26-2007, 02:31 PM
I called and got the same answer :mad:

agadre
07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
NOT AFTER JULY 2 ON OR AFTER JULY 2 , I FILED ON JULY 2 IF THATS THE CASE I MIGHT NOT BE CONCERNED AS MUCH I AM NOW.

Use lower case, no need to shout here.

bigboy007
guys please trust me if this is indeed true before its too late iv core could to something i already informed this to logiclife.

vejella
I dont think that this could happen ...

If USCIS return these applications , they could end up with class action law suit which is one of the reason to revert back the decision.

badluck
I called and got the same answer :mad:

What same answer, application are coming back or what

bigboy007
Use lower case, no need to shout here.
mind ur words i am not shouting here and i already posted about uppercase that i didnt realise and i can decide what case i can type.

kaisersose
07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
You folks are so jumpy. Who cares what that lady says?

It is obvious that she is wrong when she says they will assign visa numbers in August to some July cases and reject the rest.

And the guy who started this - please use proper case. Your upper case posts are a pain to read.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:34 PM
You folks are so jumpy. Who cares what that lady says?

It is obvious that she is wrong when she says they will assign visa numbers in August to some July cases and reject the rest.

And the guy who started this - please use proper case. Your upper case posts are a pain to read.
i said sorry for Upper case guys. its not only one lady its more than 8 people who called to diff officers got same response.

agadre
07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
mind ur words i am not shouting here and i already posted about uppercase that i didnt realise and i can decide what case i can type.

I posted my message just before your message came out..i understand your concern here..take it easy.

gc_chahiye
everything that this poster claims USCIS told him is theoretically possible, and well within the confines of the law. (USCIS is basically pulling an EB3-Other-Workers on us). If this happens, a lawsuit might be useless, Zoe Lofgren might be our best hope again.

waiting for update from core...

chanduv23
guys please trust me if this is indeed true before its too late iv core could to something i already informed this to logiclife.

They reversed their stance on the bulletin but never did the same for 'Other Workers' so there could be something , or maybe the customer service has been advised to give only this information

GC2015
07-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Why does anyone have to call USCIS THREE times? Or ask the same question TWELVE times? To hear the same thing again and again? Do you think they'll change the answer? Or do you need reassurance every step of the way...? Be a little mentally strong guys and gals..

I don't think the phone operators that some of our extremely worried and scared friends spoke to, can overrule the decisions made by Director Gonzalez and Secy Chertoff.

Now don't get defensive guys...if you're that weak don't let the world know :)

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Why does anyone have to call USCIS THREE times? Or ask the same question TWELVE times? To hear the same thing again and again? Do you think they'll change the answer? Or do you need reassurance every step of the way...? Be a little mentally strong guys and gals..

I don't think the phone operators that some of our extremely worried and scared friends spoke to, can overrule the decisions made by Director Gonzalez and Secy Chertoff.

i called three times becoz to make sure officer is not giving wrong answer . not becoz i am not mentally strong.

coolmanasip
07-26-2007, 02:39 PM

well said sir......I m personally sick of this drama......people go back to work......anyway IT industry has been extremely unproductive ever since CIR days!!

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:40 PM

i said repetitevely please see through my posts that these are not level 1 reps . i understand they know what they are talking about if they call themselves Information officers.

sandiboy
i called three times becoz to make sure officer is not giving wrong answer . not becoz i am not mentally strong.

Did you talk to the same office 3 times or they were different IO's each time?

yabadaba
guys chill out... one person's post does not make it true...we have no idea the question bigboy 7 asked.. or how he asked it...this is all based on his view...i would ignore it.

i have heard from a member who knows of a friend whose checks were cashed last weekend. I have not posted details about it because there is no way to verify for sure.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
well said sir......I m personally sick of this drama......people go back to work......anyway IT industry has been extremely unproductive ever since CIR days!!
good if this turns true then dont complain about anyone sit and work. I am sick of you guys who discourage ppl. hell with you guys.

map_boiler
Even if 200 more people call, they may all get the response the bigboy got. So does that mean it's true? Of course not. USCIS has very clearly stated that will accept properly filed applications based on original July bulletin till August 17th.

If they end up rejecting applications stating "no visa number was immediately available", they will be reneging on the visa fiasco solution, and there will be lawsuits. No doubt about that.

Folks, just hang in there. Keep checking your bank accounts to see if the checks got cashed...and once in a while, keep in touch with your attorney's office. That's all we can do for now on that front.

IV core has action alerts set up on what we need to do now. And that is what we should be concentrating on...for a permanent resolution to this problem.

Peace out...

ChainReaction
I don't think that they will reject and return application after Aug17th. The question is will they process and at least issue Receipt number for Late June and July,if there is no new visa number available passed Aug17th? I think the lawsuit was for not accepting 485 application is there a clause which states that USICS have to issue a receipt after so many days, else we are stuck for a loooooong time.

redindian
07-26-2007, 02:42 PM
comeon be a BIG BOY....

we did all we could... and if they still want to play with the applicants... &^%^^@* them!

there is nothing to panic here.... and please dont flood the USCIS with phone calls again again... let them do the job...

and when the time comes we'll see.... i am already sick of it... no need to sound the alarms yet

please LOCK this thread - unnecessary panic and fear

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:43 PM
guys chill out... one person's post does not make it true...we have no idea the question bigboy 7 asked.. or how he asked it...this is all based on his view...i would ignore it.

i have heard from a member who knows of a friend whose checks were cashed last weekend. I have not posted details about it because there is no way to verify for sure.
i repeat i repeat ,, i started this thread not to discourage or distract anyone. i want what i heard not to be true. i want if this is indeed true anything could be done. there are so many ppl who open threads for fun on visa bulletin predictions whatz wrong if i open something that i heard something that might effect all of us.

rustamehind
07-26-2007, 02:44 PM

I agree , we should just ignore this.Although such a thing would never happen , but it if does then there will be much stronger opposition & protests.They better learn somthing from last fiasco.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:44 PM
comeon be a BIG BOY....

we did all we could... and if they still want to play with the applicants... &^%^^@* them!

there is nothing to panic here.... and please dont flood the USCIS with phone calls again again... let them do the job...

and when the time comes we'll see.... i am already sick of it... no need to sound the alarms yet

please LOCK this thread - unnecessary panic and fear
these inf officers job is answer calls. not adjudicate cases.

apb
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM

If bigboy called multiple times it is just to make sure he is well understood with his question and he understands/hear correctly from USCIS. He is making a thorough check within his capability before posting something here. If he had done only one call I am sure many ppl would have shot him down and asked him to refrain from posting such messages without checking twice. Please do not get personal with their messages. Understand and evaluate why this could/or not happen. All he is saying is watch out and let us do something if possible. So let us do our own check and then decide before we pass judgement on individuals and be unproductive.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
better lock all the threads who open just for fun , sick of you guys . why one should fear , what there in this thread to fear , listen to my words let iv core hear about it if anything could be done fine to make sure its not correct , if it is correct alert ourselves. This means you dont want to hear anything that would effect ? come on guys.

imv116
07-26-2007, 02:47 PM
We did what we can. Now its time to keep the cool and get back to other important things.

In the first place calling customer service people with out receipt number is no use.

-imv116

badluck
07-26-2007, 02:50 PM
we should start sending flower again..

gc_chahiye
07-26-2007, 02:50 PM
thats a bit like the way an ostrich sticks its head into the sand when it faces danger. A whole lot of good that does...

Even with July 2 filings, LogicLife of all the people was surprised that USCIS might reject the 485 mid-month, but the thread went on, and see how that one initially ended.

However please add more data to this thread, not "I dont think they'll do this". Those posts are useless...

srikondoji
07-26-2007, 02:51 PM
lets start a thread on this so called friend of a member:p
Was he current June or July?
Did he sent the package on jun 28/29th for July 2nd delivery?
Tell us more, we need to be busy. pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.

genscn
07-26-2007, 02:53 PM
USCIS is a huge agency and itís not necessary that all correct instructions have filtered down even to phone operators in every office. She or other operators might still be talking about old rules & instructions. I work for federal govt. office and communication is always really slow. USIS will collect all the applications and might pass on proper instructions to everyone who has to answer phone queries after or near August 17, 2007.

better lock all the threads who open just for fun , sick of you guys . why one should fear , what there in this thread to fear , listen to my words let iv core hear about it if anything could be done fine to make sure its not correct , if it is correct alert ourselves. This means you dont want to hear anything that would effect ? come on guys.

sanju
07-26-2007, 02:54 PM
To me it looks like a case for another flower campaign :rolleyes:

It seems USCIS loves receiving flowers.

coolmanasip
07-26-2007, 02:54 PM
again Bigboy .........do not take this so personally........chill man......u r not only freaking urself out but are urging other to do so.......it is okay we will all find out in due time.......seriously take a chill pill

yabadaba
07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
lol@srikondoji

ChainReaction
07-26-2007, 02:58 PM
To me it looks like a case for another flower campaign :rolleyes:

It seems USCIS loves receiving flowers.

May be they are planning to send our application back After Aug17th with a thankyou note for the flowers:D :D :D

tnite
07-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Off topic.Since most ppl are glued to this thread , an ad for a IV meetup isnt a bad thing.

Folks in NY/NJ/CT area , we can have coffee at starbucks and discuss this development or whatever

WHEN: Wednesday –AUGUST 1st
LOCATION- 48th and Park Avenue
TIME: 7 pm

CT FOLKS- Grand Central is a few blocks away. Naveen (handle on IV -tnite)will be coming from CT so please send him a PM

NY/NJ Take E, V to 5th avenue and 53rd street and then you have to walk a few blocks!

Let’s meet up and get to know each other. It would be great if you can make it!!

Folks I will be driving to stamford and then take the MTA into the city for the meetup. If anyone is planning from CT (New Haven,Fairfield, Stamford or any other areas around that area) on being there, we can tag along.

chanduv23
07-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Off topic.Since most ppl are glued to this thread , an ad for a IV meetup isnt a bad thing.

Folks in NY/NJ/CT area , we can have coffee at starbucks and discuss this development or whatever

WHEN: Wednesday ĖAUGUST 1st
LOCATION- 48th and Park Avenue
TIME: 7 pm

CT FOLKS- Grand Central is a few blocks away. Naveen (handle on IV -tnite)will be coming from CT so please send him a PM

NY/NJ Take E, V to 5th avenue and 53rd street and then you have to walk a few blocks!

Letís meet up and get to know each other. It would be great if you can make it!!

Folks I will be driving to stamford and then take the MTA into the city for the meetup. If anyone is planning from CT (New Haven,Fairfield, Stamford or any other areas around that area) on being there, we can tag along.

Also, if you have not yet joined the NY chapter, please join the chapter by clicking the link on my signature.

jonty_11
07-26-2007, 03:05 PM
after all that ensued....most likely they will not back out on their July 17th statement that they will honor Orig July VB.

Now talking to just one lady and asking her 12 times means nothing.....
Most of th eCSR do not have the knowledge or do not care and will given u random answers...if u call second time another CSR would give u s different explanation altogether...so unless we see appplications being rejected we have no grounds to believe USCIS is backing away from its Promise....and nether can we do anything about it untill we see mass rejections for application filed on or before Aug 17th

chanduv23
07-26-2007, 03:08 PM
after all that ensued....most likely they will not back out on their July 17th statement that they will honor Orig July VB.

Most of th eCSR do not have the knowledge or do not care and will given u random answers...if u call second time another CSR would give u s different explanation altogether...so unless we see appplications being rejected we have no grounds to believe USCIS is backing away from its Promise....and nether can we do anything about it untill we see mass rejections for application filed on or before Aug 17th

They can reject and send the applications back if they want to

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 03:08 PM

i wish the same , but let me correct its not one lady and i didnt call 12 times. i dont want to give details again and again , i wish by august 1st week my statements are not ture.

sirimalli
07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
i have just called uscis and first they told we r not accepting any applicaitons b/w july 2 and july 17th mine was applied on july 2nd .she told they would have rejected my applicaiton bcos they r not accepting at that time but i told her still we dint get any application back after that she told me to wait for 30 to 45 days thats was she said.she dint tel any thing like visa numbers availability

Vsach
07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
At this stage the only things that are due from them is the receipt..followed by EADand AP.

Visa allocation at this stage? and that too so soon?:confused:

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 03:13 PM
I am not commending myself but she also told me to wait for 30-45 days but to see whether accepted with a visa number or returned ( not rejected) did u speak with level 2 or level 1 ?

chanduv23
07-26-2007, 03:16 PM
i have just called uscis and first they told we r not accepting any applicaitons b/w july 2 and july 17th mine was applied on july 2nd .she told they would have rejected my applicaiton bcos they r not accepting at that time but i told her still we dint get any application back after that she told me to wait for 30 to 45 days thats was she said.she dint tel any thing like visa numbers availability

Not accepting applications between July 2nd and 17th??? Makes no sense, at all.

Another twist????

WeShallOvercome
07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Ok, I just called and a nice lady told me my information was not in system yet and that they are still not done with June I-485 filings..Asked me to wait for atleast 2 weeks before calling again and also asked me to keep an eye on my bank account !

I filed on 2nd July BTW!

badluck
07-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Not accepting applications between July 2nd and 17th??? Makes no sense, at all.

Another twist????

i just called , she said they will return all applications between july 2 and july 17, mine is july 2:(

ivvm
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Well..customer service people at USCIS may not be very informed with the procedures. In the past when i have queried them on procedures pertaining to July2, they have come up with widely varying answers from one rep to another. The only thing they can be depended upon is when you have case number, they can check the satus, or perhaps dig your case number from the system, or othe specific details...!! That has been my expeirence so far!

My I-485 application was received on July 2. When i met the infopass people, they said that USCIS had requested my file from Laguna storgae facility on July 17th. The NVC had no such information, when i called them subsequently.

Good Luck!

saravanaraj.sathya
07-26-2007, 03:21 PM
I do beleive that this is a case when the information has not reached the actual end users. This happens everytime whenever SOPs are changed. All the top management will be aware but the actual user who will be asked to follow these procedures will not be aware of it. I ve seen this happen many times in my project.

I would nt be surprised if USCIS is working on a plan to process these huge volume of files and these users are not yet informed or simply unaware of this process.

rkumar18
07-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Guys, please do not call USCIS for a status on the receipt numbers unless it has been atleast 30 days before your application has been delivered.

Please let them do their work!

The instructions on the customer service number clearly says that if it has been more than 30 days since you have applied and not yet received a receipt then press 2 for further assistance....so inspite of it..if you go ahead and press 2 to talk to a IO then please be aware that you are providing false information which might affect your application.

One of my colleagues did that and he got reprimanded by the IO.

WeShallOvercome
07-26-2007, 03:23 PM
i just called , she said they will return all applications between july 2 and july 17, mine is july 2:(

this is from USCIS memo dated 7/17

"Applications already properly filed with USCIS will also be accepted."

srikondoji
07-26-2007, 03:24 PM
seriously divulge the secrets, even if they are half true.:)

My lawyer said that they are expecting receipts shortly and i was/is thrilled.
Waiting for monday to begin with a bang.
lol@srikondoji

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I think in this one can refile stating the same. Thats not an issue i feel. Only issue is only whether they will do for all or not.

Now when u talk with initial customer service rep they said if 15 days has passed . i only called today becoz earlier when i called 2 weeks back they advised me to call back in last week of july hence i did.

singhsa3
07-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I got the same answer. Not sure if I should trust his answer.

chanduv23
07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Mine reached on July 18th. But mixed answeres here are confusing all of us.

bp333
07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
I think in this one can refile stating the same. Thats not an issue i feel. Only issue is only whether they will do for all or not.

Now when u talk with initial customer service rep they said if 15 days has passed . i only called today becoz earlier when i called 2 weeks back they advised me to call back in last week of july hence i did.

Folks,
No point calling USCIS. Please let them do their job. Let's wait to hear it formally from a credible resource. If this happens to be true (I hope not), then we'll deal with it. Save your energy for now.

sandiboy
07-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Can we have a post from IV Core about this..... LogicLife/Pappu can you please comment on this????

manand24
07-26-2007, 03:37 PM
What is going on at USCIS? The roller-coaster ride continues. Ups and Downs. Keeping fingers crossed!! July 2nd filer.

vazhavandaan
07-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I called USCIS nebraska two weeks back and I got the same response as mentioned by "bigboy007". I called them twice once in the morning and the next time in the evening..I got the same reply saying that "They are holding all the applications that came after June 25th and they are waiting for further instructions. They will assign receipt no only when they have enough visa numbers.
It did not make any sense..

I posted my feedback in another thread and i didn't get any response..

Then, i asked my friend to call uscis and ask for his status. My friend did not get the same response as me. They just checked and said they may not have received his application. So I thought the IO i spoke to may be wrong or might had outdated information.

glus
07-26-2007, 03:40 PM
this is from USCIS memo dated 7/17

"Applications already properly filed with USCIS will also be accepted."

The memo clearly states that the original visa july bulletin will be used and that all applications until Aug 17 WIll BE aCCETPTED. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STOP THE STUPID RUMORS. STOP CALLING USCIS AS THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON JUN APPLICATIONS NOW.

s_r_e_e
07-26-2007, 03:43 PM
may be they all know that you are calling again and again..thats why they gave you same information...are you calling from same phone number..

And they must have got tired of our desi agressiveness .... sending the application in the morning and calling uscis in the evening to check when will EAD be issued :D

Saikrishna
07-26-2007, 03:44 PM
We dont know USCIS will accept 485 appls between July 2nd filer and july 16th filer.

As per notice on 17th July - They will start from this date to accept application....BUT NOT CLEAR !!! - maybe we are getting this some info related between July 2nd and July 16th filer

IV CORE TEAM - PLEASE VERIFY THIS AND LET US KNOW SOON AS POSSIBLE

thanks !

mirage
07-26-2007, 03:45 PM
What kind of people you are. You guys don't have anything to do or what. Why is everybody or for that reason anybody calling USCIS. Guys do something else, watch a movie to for vacation whatever but stop this nonsense.....

logiclife
This has never happened before. Once you apply, if your date gets retrogressed subsequent to your application, then they dont start sending 485 petitions back. Look at December 2004 EB3 for precedence. They knew early on when they were accepting those EB3 petitions for India, Phillipines and China in December 2004 that they will be retrogressed in 2005 and the rest of 2005 but they still kept accepting them in December 2004 and then kept them intact even after dates retrogressed in 2005.

So if they do this, they will be overturning the precedent again.

The core group will try to verify this information but I dont think there is any reason they would reverse their decision announced on July 17th. It is very likely that the customer service reps are not up to date with latest memo on July 17th.

jonty_11
We dont know USCIS will accept 485 appls between July 2nd filer and july 16th filer.

As per notice on 17th July - They will start from this date to accept application....BUT NOT CLEAR !!! - maybe we are getting this some info related between July 2nd and July 16th filer

thanks !
The USCIS and DOS statement mentioend they will honor Original July VB...so they have to accept all applications in July....

ck_b2001
07-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I cant believe we think this issue is worth discussing. This cannot happen and the CIS is not that naive to mess up thing even further. Give 2-6 weeks for your reciepts. No need to create panic. If this is what is suppose to happen then wait for the right time when public outcry will be larger than before.

USDream2Dust
after all these embarrasments USCIS won't repeat the same mistake again.

Also it is very confusing for USCIS itself after all these mess. So ya they are confused and they are not aware of what is going on. Clearly if they reject the applications from July 2nd to July 17th they would create such a mess which would be nearly impossible to clear.

I would say they would hold all the applications then have a company wide all hands meeting with conference call with DOS on Aug 17th and make a company decision how to beef it up.:D

After that all including Customer Reps would be at same page. Right now I think there are communication gaps which is leading to bugs being reported by IV members. It could be a training issue on Customer Reps.:eek:

Sorry for joking here but I don't have heart and mind to listen to anything apart from my 485/EAD/AP Receipt notices.

I had lot of sleepless nights during this roller coaster ride :).

mirage
IV core team is your trained pet dog, you call USCIS every day hear bullshit from them and then expect them to comment on bullshit you write here.

thanks !

WeShallOvercome

thanks !

Please read the notice carefully. Last paragraph:

"USCISís announcement today allows anyone who was eligible to apply under Visa Bulletin No. 107 a full monthís time to do so. Applications already properly filed with USCIS will also be accepted. The current fee schedule will apply to all applications filed under Visa Bulletin No. 107 through August 17, 2007. (The new fee schedule that becomes effective on July 30, 2007, will apply to all other applications filed on or after July 30, 2007)."

DCQC
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM

thanks !

Dude. Read the memo from USCIS dated July 17th completely. It mentions they will accept from July 2 - Aug 17

jonty_11
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM
What kind of people you are. You guys don't have anything to do or what. Why is everybody or for that reason anybody calling USCIS. Guys do something else, watch a movie to for vacation whatever but stop this nonsense.....
Couldnt agree more

manand24
07-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Saikrishna:

Here is a part of the USCIS Press Release on July 17, 2007

USCISís announcement today allows anyone who was eligible to apply under Visa Bulletin No. 107 a full monthís time to do so. Applications already properly filed with USCIS will also be accepted.

According to this USCIS should accept applications filed between July 2 and July 16.

thanks !

mambarg
07-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Administrator Pleease Close This Thread.

gcfantasy24
07-26-2007, 03:49 PM
hey bigboy, do you actually work or just post ridiculous comments? you're wasting your employer's time. phone calls to uscis are meaningless. everyone i know at my firm is filing right now and is not having any of these problems. receipt notices will come in a week or two. think about how many apps are being filed.

Saikrishna
07-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Please refrain your statement - Dont make assumption what people say here!!!

IV core team is your trained pet dog, you call USCIS every day hear bullshit from them and then expect them to comment on bullshit you write here.

ChainReaction
07-26-2007, 03:53 PM
This has never happened before. Once you apply, if your date gets retrogressed subsequent to your application, then they dont start sending 485 petitions back. Look at December 2004 EB3 for precedence. They knew early on when they were accepting those EB3 petitions for India, Phillipines and China in December 2004 that they will be retrogressed in 2005 and the rest of 2005 but they still kept accepting them in December 2004 and then kept them intact even after dates retrogressed in 2005.

The core group will try to verify this information but I dont think there is any reason they would reverse their decision announced on July 17th. It is very likely that the customer service reps are not up to date with latest memo on July 17th.

Hi, logiclife can you tell us if they issued receipt#/EAD for the application they received in late 2004 , dates retrogressed in Jan05, or the people had to wait for the availability of visa number inorder to receive there receipt?

chanduv23
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi, logiclife can you tell us if they issued receipt#/EAD for the application they received in late 2004 , dates retrogressed in Jan05, or the people had to wait for the availability of visa number inorder to receive there receipt?

I am sure they would have given out EAD and AP and recpeit number.

sandiboy
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Some positive news. Jul 29th cases getting receipts:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11205

makemygc
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Saikrishna:

Here is a part of the USCIS Press Release on July 17, 2007

USCISís announcement today allows anyone who was eligible to apply under Visa Bulletin No. 107 a full monthís time to do so. Applications already properly filed with USCIS will also be accepted.

According to this USCIS should accept applications filed between July 2 and July 16.

manand24, do you know what kind of response will you get from Saikrishna. Here is the sample:-

"Thanks. Please make sure that you are giving me upto date and verified information always"

satyasaich
07-26-2007, 03:59 PM
yes, they issued EAD and AP for the applications they received until Dec 31/2004. yes, they haven't approved until the priority dates become current and that's a nobrainer.
Personally i know more than 100 people who were on EADs in 2005/2006 and even in 2007

ck_b2001
07-26-2007, 04:00 PM

Can some one close this thread?l It is such a waist of time. I think logiclife answer is very complete

priderock
07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
I called USCIS nebraska two weeks back and I got the same response as mentioned by "bigboy007". I called them twice once in the morning and the next time in the evening..I got the same reply saying that "They are holding all the applications that came after June 25th and they are waiting for further instructions. They will assign receipt no only when they have enough visa numbers.
It did not make any sense..

I posted my feedback in another thread and i didn't get any response..

Then, i asked my friend to call uscis and ask for his status. My friend did not get the same response as me. They just checked and said they may not have received his application. So I thought the IO i spoke to may be wrong or might had outdated information.

I guess you are right. I think the info they are giving is outdated info from prior to Jul 17. I think they were thinking (prior to Jul17) about holding on to all applications and accept only some based on how many visa numbers are available. Now that the Jul2 memo is canceled/withdrawn , this is just stale info from misinformed CSR.

I am not loosing sleep over it.

yash04
07-26-2007, 04:03 PM
what is logiolife's answer..pls someone tell me where it is..
thanks

priderock
07-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Can some one close this thread?l It is such a waist of time. I think logiclife answer is very complete

You mean waste of time ?
I know , you do :) , Just couldn't resist. :)

manand24
07-26-2007, 04:04 PM
what is logiolife's answer..pls someone tell me where it is..
thanks

Page 9 of this thread.

WeShallOvercome
07-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Page 9 of this thread.

Is bigboy someone from numbersUSA ? :)

j/k

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 04:12 PM
hey bigboy, do you actually work or just post ridiculous comments? you're wasting your employer's time. phone calls to uscis are meaningless. everyone i know at my firm is filing right now and is not having any of these problems. receipt notices will come in a week or two. think about how many apps are being filed.
Arent u wasting ur employers time while filing 485 and rather wasting his dreams by becoming Greencard holder Many of friends are filing too , why does ppl like u bark at info if you are not interested dont respond let me share info i have with everyone. It is more worth than ppl like you wasting time on bulletin predictions.

GCBy3000
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
hahaha welcome.

I am the first one to spill the beans about revised July VB on this thread.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5692

Somehow LogicLife post is on top now with some other posts followed by. Compare the title of the post with my post.

When I said this news, everyone jumped over me and pounded me with Agni and Trishul missles from every corner I could imagine and made me look like a fool. I did not respond at all after some time. It is my duty to share the information what I got from my lawyer. If others want to ignore it, it is upto them. But they did not, instead started mocking at my post. Now you are in the same boat. :) :(

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Is bigboy someone from numbersUSA ? :)

j/k
**** you guys , i hate even to think about NumbersUSA , i have the right to share info and i have contributed many more to IV i dont need to prove myself , i hope you are from "Illegals"

badluck
07-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Just change the topic..

Can anybody please tell if someone have traveled on AP, where they see and take AP.. please share experience..

gc_chahiye
07-26-2007, 04:14 PM

there is precedent: EB3-Other-Workers in June 2007. mid-month they started returning applications because they ran out of visa numbers.

badluck
07-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Just change the topic..

Can anybody please tell if someone have traveled on AP, where they see and take AP.. please share experience..
:D :D :D

makemygc
07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
**** you guys , i hate even to think about NumbersUSA , i have the right to share info and i have contributed many more to IV i dont need to prove myself , i hope you are from "Illegals"

Guys,
This is not fair to bash the messenger like this. We are all here to share our experience good or bad. If you are just interested in listening to the good experience then we all would have got the gc since there will only be good news but that is not the case.
So, guys please show some compassion towards your peers.

Thanks

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 04:21 PM
hahaha welcome.

Somehow LogicLife post is on top now with some other posts followed by. Compare the title of the post with my post.

When I said this news, everyone jumped over me and pounded me with Agni and Trishul missles from every corner I could imagine and made me look like a fool. I did not respond at all after some time. It is my duty to share the information what I got from my lawyer. If others want to ignore it, it is upto them. But they did not, instead started mocking at my post. Now you are in the same boat. :) :(
May be thats true... our people dont deserve any negative feedback at all... my only intention is to keep aware of what i heard , if this indeed makes sense and if we can do something we could do it. i belive and wish these PR officers are not 100% aware but not to rest till august second week. and that too mine 140 is at TSC , i believe it takes more time to get Receipted. huh..

raj_grov
07-26-2007, 04:22 PM
well said. it seems we are all type A personality - getting worried about the least of the things:D

makemygc
07-26-2007, 04:24 PM
May be thats true... our people dont deserve any negative feedback at all... my only intention is to keep aware of what i heard , if this indeed makes sense and if we can do something we could do it. i belive and wish these PR officers are not 100% aware but not to rest till august second week. and that too mine 140 is at TSC , i believe it takes more time to get Receipted. huh..

Absolutely true bigboy007. Don't get disheartened. Keep up the good work.

Siboo
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Just change the topic..

I travelled in AP (Andra Pradesh) when I was in India, but not on AP :D :D

immi_twinges
07-26-2007, 04:27 PM
USCIS was supposed to issue a visa number as soon as they receive case.
They have not been doing it all along. Thus, wasting visa numbers for the past 4 years.
Its seems now they have been following the rule...its not good for all of who have applied for 485.

It stinks that after all those years they are now following the rules...

Damn...

They never tell u correctly what rules they are following.

now if they are following that stupid rule how can they allocate receipt numbers to jun 29 and not give a GC to all those already waiting.

See, they follow the rules only when they are in their favour..
Damn USCIS

badluck
07-26-2007, 04:27 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D
I travelled in AP (Andra Pradesh) when I was in India, but not on AP :D :D

makemygc
07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
hahaha welcome.

Wow...it looks like your message was deleted by moderators to avoid the rumors to spread but see the irony it was not the rumor at all.

green-mile
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
guys, I don't know who got this information about the returning applications after august 17th...

But in USCIS website read frequently asked Q&A

reads like this.... never said any thing about the returning,

Q14: USCISí July 17, 2007 press release stated that USCIS would accept applications filed not later than August 17, 2007. Does this mean applications delivered on August 17, 2007 will be accepted but those arriving August 18, 2007 will be rejected?

A14. Yes

slonial@yahoo.com
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Absolutely true bigboy007. Don't get disheartened. Keep up the good work.

BigBoy is correct
Thats the response I got from USCIS

All who are questioning his intention or statement- please gather the guts and call yourself.

and All who are saying this can never happen-please go back to June 29th and remember that's exactly what everyone said- cant happen and it did

Legal
07-26-2007, 04:35 PM
If you read the USCIS FAQs clearly the answer to Q15 states that applications for interim benefits will be processed. However, with USCIS anything is possible. I got enlightenment on the morning of July 2nd ...

Q15: How long will aliens have to wait for their employment-based applications to be adjudicated?
A15. Applicants should monitor the State Departmentís visa bulletin to determine whether a visa number is available based upon their individual priority dates. There are annual statutory limitations, thus some aliens
may have to wait a significant period of time, perhaps years, before visa numbers become available.

Applications for interim benefits (employment authorization and advance parole) will be processed prior to final adjudication of the adjustment application and in accordance with USCIS standard procedures.

makemygc
07-26-2007, 04:38 PM
BigBoy is correct
Thats the response I got from USCIS

All who are questioning his intention or statement- please gather the guts and call yourself.

and All who are saying this can never happen-please go back to June 29th and remember that's exactly what everyone said- cant happen and it did

Now that several members are confirming, I wonder if Core can confirm this if they can through their channel. All IV members will appreciate.

jonty_11
07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
we all know anything is possible..when it comes to USCIS.....

From experience..I know that 2 USCIS CSR's will give u 2 different answers....

As Logiclife has stated they will research this issue......
But again, I think nothing will come off it...until we actually see mass rejections and everyone gets together ones again to rally USCIS....to accept applications as promised.

Again...see page 9 of this thread for this statement from Logiclife
-----------------

srikondoji
07-26-2007, 04:42 PM
If you are talking about mid month retrogression, then i think i was the first one to break the news with subject "Rumour is that". Again, i got this info from my friend who is also a member on IV.

I am not trying to score a point over this, but just for record sake....

hahaha welcome.

anilsal
07-26-2007, 04:42 PM
As Logiclife has stated they will research this issue......
But again, I think nothing will come off it...until we actually see mass rejections and everyone gets together ones again to rally USCIS....to accept applications as promised.

Think about the time wasted at either end in this rejection/acceptance biz.

green-mile
07-26-2007, 04:43 PM
good job legal....it is the last nail on this rumour......

Yes USCIS frequently asked Q&A (question 15) is telling this is thread is not worth.

GCBy3000
07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
I hate to call knowing that my case would not be there in the system, but still I called. The customer service rep was very polite and transferred me to immigration officer.

She asked for my A# and to which service center I sent. I said I dont have an A# and sent my app to Nebraska. She said, they are receiving lot of apps this month and Nebraska is planning to finish up entering all the July received cased by Aug 1st. Even it is done by Aug 1st, she said I should expect to receive my receipt notice by end of Aug. I did not had any other questions.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
good job legal....it is the last nail on this rumour......

Yes USCIS frequently asked Q&A (question 15) is telling this is thread is not worth.
You think USCIS followed all rules when they release updated visa bulletin ?? Nothing is concrete neither i am not advocating what i am saying is the ultimate truth. But if IV core comes back to us and say no there is no change in their decision that all what i want not rules of USCIS i have seen enough rules enough faq's nothing is straight as it should be.

sounakc
07-26-2007, 04:50 PM
guys after seeing such a long thread i gave some credibility to the post and called USCIS... after jumping through several loops and CS agents ... none of whom had any idea regarding the development mentioned in the post. So after insisting to talk to a senior person I was transferred to ... what they call head of information and CS rel or wat ever it is... i dont remember it exactly... anyway.. i explained our situation/concern/paranoia to him... he listened carefully and gave me these following reply...

1) USCIS is working diligently to process the receipts, but since USCIS is handicapped by limited resources compared to the huge wave of applications it will take some time to post the receipts. In his words "we understand your agony but you also have to understand that we cannot work like machine and solve this in couple of days... we are putting our best efforts and pulling all our resources we very seriously handling the situation"...

2) When told abt the rejection news ... he said he dont have any such information and "we in US gov agency dont play the carrot and stick game... we will honor every word of the july 17th bulletin"

3) when asked what will happen as the visa nos are not available ... he told me "rest assured in USCIS has devised a plan that will take care of majority of the concerns ... but it is unwise to ask anything about the plan as USCIS is in no liberty to divulge any further information about it"...

4) at the end he said not to go berserk at every rumor at every blogs ... "we are all very reasonable people even in USCIS and DOL and understand the gravity of current situation " .... "very govt is tied with some level of bureaucracy so some delay is unavoidable but we are working at our peak efficiency to minimize that"...

5) jokingly he also added that his neighbor is an indian guy and her daughter playes with their kid ... he said "my daughter will kill me if her friends need to go back to india for this"...

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 04:51 PM
guys after seeing such a long thread i gave some credibility to the post and called USCIS... after jumping through several loops and CS agents ... none of whom had any idea regarding the development mentioned in the post. So after insisting to talk to a senior person I was transferred to ... what they call head of information and CS rel or wat ever it is... i dont remember it exactly... anyway.. i explained our situation/concern/paranoia to him... he listened carefully and gave me these following reply...

1) USCIS is working diligently to process the receipts, but since USCIS is handicapped by limited resources compared to the huge wave of applications it will take some time to post the receipts. In his words "we understand your agony but you also have to understand that we cannot work like machine and solve this in couple of days... we are putting our best efforts and pulling all our resources we very seriously handling the situation"...

2) When told abt the rejection news ... he said he dont have any such information and "we in US gov agency dont play the carrot and stick game... we will honor every word of the july 17th bulletin"

3) when asked what will happen as the visa nos are not available ... he told me "rest assured in USCIS has devised a plan that will take care of majority of the concerns ... but it is unwise to ask anything about the plan as USCIS is in no liberty to divulge any further information about it"...

4) at the end he said not to go berserk at every rumor at every blogs ... "we are all very reasonable people even in USCIS and DOL and understand the gravity of current situation " .... "very govt is tied with some level of bureaucracy so some delay is unavoidable but we are working at our peak efficiency to minimize that"...

5) jokingly he also added that his neighbor is an indian guy and her daughter playes with their kid ... he said "my daughter will kill me if her friends need to go back to india for this"...
Thanks for the update. i wish every word of you is true. Lets hope for the best

ck_b2001
07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the update. i wish every word of you is true. Lets hope for the best

bigboy, looks like you are living on this thread today.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 04:58 PM
i did many things earlier even when i had to send 200 faxes i lived in IV website for that time. depends on necessity.

ashkam
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't understand this panic. The main task of these USCIS phone representatives is to give people the status of their cases, not to provide information about regulations and so on. The automated representative even tells you a number of times during the phone call that the human representatives don't know much more about your case than what you were just told. Who cares what they are telling people about rejecting applications, what matters has already been stated very clearly in the August bulletin. I would stop panicking and take slow deep breaths after opening a window or two, preferably one facing some kind of water body.

jonty_11
07-26-2007, 05:05 PM
if anyone paid attention to my post...
EVERY USCIS CSR/ Immi Officer will give u a different story....

Those that are nice n polite will comfort u..
Those that follow numbersusa and their ilk will try to put u down/discourage u...
Remember USCIS folks are people like u and me....they have their opinions too which may cloud their views................

So just relax and let time take its course.....

srikondoji
07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the update. It all depends on how you connect with the other person on phone in such a short duration and then actually convey the right thing. I think you handled this exceptionally well and got all we waited for.
Thanks
sri

Legal
07-26-2007, 05:20 PM

I request all of you guys to stop calling USCIS...otherwise it looks like your phone calls will further delay us getting receipts.:)

fullerene
07-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Please do not call the center for answers because
1) they won't process these July's applications so I don't believe these applicants' information has been in the computer.
2) Do you think thes representatives are knowledgable than you? Do you think they are willing to answer your questions right now? They have a answer sheet. If your question beyond that, you won't get good answer.

Here was my experience:
I submitted my H1 on 5/10 and I did not receive notice by 6/9. So I called on 6/10.
The representative replied to me: "Usually it may take up to 30 days to process it. You shall call us after one month. Please call su tomorrow." I said against her: "Yes, tomorrow will be one month passed but May has 31 days so actully today is over 30 days."

CADude
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
please close this thread and let rest in peace... An hours waisted in this tread and enjoyed the ride..:D :D :D Indeed it's digital age.. news or rumors run like a wild fire.. :)
i did many things earlier even when i had to send 200 faxes i lived in IV website for that time. depends on necessity.

makemygc
07-26-2007, 05:33 PM
I request all of you guys to stop calling USCIS...otherwise it looks like your phone calls will further delay us getting receipts.:)

LETS MAKE A PLEDGE TO NOT TO CALL USCIS UNTIL AUG 6TH.

I'm confident that we wouldn't need to call uscis after that we'll start seeing some receipt from the ealy july filers.

Can we all do that and stop the itching in our hands to pickup the phone and call those poor USCIS guys?

GCFISH
07-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I have no reason to believe this is accurate. I cannot imagine the USCIS would move forward in that manner, as it would clearly result in a lawsuit which would have much more merit than the lawsuit would have had if they simply continued to rely upon the bulletin issued on July 2 that made everything unavailable. This would be completely foolish from a litigation standpoint, and as a result I am very suspect of this rumor.

pdakwala
07-26-2007, 05:39 PM
There are around 1500+ members on the forum at this time out of 20k+ members. All our members are willing to spent time posting messages and speculating what will happen in next VB. But they don't have time to post their video. The members don't have time to send Thank You Cards. Four people deserves thank you card and members don't have manners to send a thank you note. This is unacceptable behaviour and please change your attitude.

Don't blame Immigration Voice if you see a bill with no amendments for us. Sometimes we have worked like a mad dog taking lot of risk. We are requesting you to post your video and sent thank you card to 4 people.

Please let IV core know if we are asking too much from you.

Thanks

cjain
07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
guys,

pls. don't let them do this to you...don't you see..nybody from numbersusa, alipac etc. can come here and spread these nasty rumors and make us lose focus...this is what they wanted...

use your brain..learn from this episode..next time somebody says something that doesn't make sense....

sounakc
07-26-2007, 05:44 PM
please dont generalize ... i think a large number of us incd me... has send the cards.. but withh video need to understand that not all are tech savy... has proper logistics and also the knwo how.... take my case wanted to upload the
video but found out something wrong with my webcam cannot fix the focus of the camera image quality is very blurry... so plz encourage not bully...

its not changing your attitude its rather some people are camera shy...

There are around 1500+ members on the forum at this time out of 20k+ members. All our members are willing to spent time posting messages and speculating what will happen in next VB. But they don't have time to post their video. The members don't have time to send Thank You Cards. Four people deserves thank you card and members don't have manners to send a thank you note. This is unacceptable behaviour and please change your attitude.

Don't blame Immigration Voice if you see a bill with no amendments for us. Sometimes we have worked like a mad dog taking lot of risk. We are requesting you to post your video and sent thank you card to 4 people.

Thanks

logiclife
07-26-2007, 05:46 PM

Thanks

Pratik is talking about this effort :

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10747

And I agree with what Pratik has said.

Also, people, please learn to see the big picture. Zoom out a little and stop obsessing about receipt notices. A receipt notice, whether it comes tommorow or in October, has only one purpose: That they received your application and accepted your money. Nothing beyond that.

So why this obsession about receipt notice and callling USCIS every day? We have action items for you to do if you have that much time.

There is a specific reason and objective for video campaign. I cannot divulge everything here in public forums or newsletters. But you have to trust us its important and be a part of organization rather than worry about yourself and calling USCIS for receipt notice everyday. Receipt notice is confirmation of receipt of documents. IT IS NOT A GREEN CARD.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 05:58 PM
deleted w.r.t. update from Pratik

pdakwala
07-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Members who have already done both and members who are in process of doing the same should not feel bad about my post. There is nothing that I have said would hurt their feelings.

By the way there are some members who have said that there are few people who are camera shy. It is understandable. Guess what so far very few people have posted their video. You will be able to count on your fingures.

We have 20k+ members. We hope 20,000 (plus) - 20 = 19,980+ members are not camera shy.

Thanks

jonty_11
07-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Iv core an IV members....I think we are taking this thread too seriously..i would rather see it die...or not grow at this pace...
we have better things to discuss.

baladev
07-26-2007, 06:38 PM
As told by someone earlier, i suspect bigboy and his friends trying create panic in this forum so that many will call USCIS enquiring about this fake info and also thinking that the USCIS may eventually adapt this a solution ......sorry bigboy ..keep dreaming.. :D

chandra_mb
07-26-2007, 06:40 PM
......A receipt notice, whether it comes tommorow or in October, has only one purpose: That they received your application and accepted your money. Nothing beyond that....
Please also consider the fact that there are some of us who have to file EAD after we get the 485 receipt. Our lawyers/companies didnt file EAD with 485.

Thanks !

tom
07-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Important -

Not sure why everybody are so panic about this. Please read the UCSIS recent FAQ. They clearly mentioned at Q15 that there will be delay in processing for backlogged countries. That means..they will accept all applications whether visa# is available or not.

WeShallOvercome
07-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Please also consider the fact that there are some of us who have to file EAD after we get the 485 receipt. Our lawyers/companies didnt file EAD with 485.

Thanks !

Chandra,

I would be in the same situation but the companies which did not let their employees file EADs in the first place would not be willing to provide the Receipt notices to them. They will instruct their attorneys to hold on to the RNs or and not give even a copy to the employee.

Any thoughts?

arc
07-26-2007, 07:10 PM
By the way there is a CNN/YOUTUBE debate for democrats/republican presidential election candidates going on... This event will get a lot of media coverage.

I understand we need a channalized approach, can IV team take over the task? I saw the democratic debate and there were 2800 questions posed by neumerous people on various problems like immigration, healthcare etc.

Following is the link to democratic debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FswauQk_po

Following is the link for upcoming Republican debate, they are accepting questions for the same, if the legal immigrant question is selected then there will be a vast media coverage.

http://www.cnn.com/exchange/ireports/topics/forms/2007/07/cnnyoutube.html

FYI

a_yaja
07-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Chandra,

I would be in the same situation but the companies which did not let their employees file EADs in the first place would not be willing to provide the Receipt notices to them. They will instruct their attorneys to hold on to the RNs or and not give even a copy to the employee.

Any thoughts?
Did you sign the G-28 for your filing? If you did not, then nothing will go to the lawyer. If you did, then a "copy" will go to the lawyer. The reason I-140 or Labor copies don't come to you is because they are not your petitions. The I-485 is your petition. When (and you will) you get the receipt notice, you will not see your employer's name anywhere on the receipt (which is not the case with the I-140 where the "petitioner" is your employer and you are a "benificiary").
So don't worry about not getting the receipt.

On a ligher note, if one goes by your argument, USCIS would be mailing your GC to your lawyer/ employer too:D

chandra_mb
07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Chandra,

Any thoughts?

You can get the Receipt# from the FP notice or by calling USCIS, and use the online case status printout to file EAD. I believe this should work.

bigboy007
07-26-2007, 07:18 PM
As told by someone earlier, i suspect bigboy and his friends trying create panic in this forum so that many will call USCIS enquiring about this fake info and also thinking that the USCIS may eventually adapt this a solution ......sorry bigboy ..keep dreaming.. :D
see these what happens , when posted i said this is what i heard : in future if you hear anything going to bad to happen never post , You know what there might be someone like you who would comment the same then u will understand , Many ppl have to even apply for EAD myself too couldnt send EAD papers. There are so many other reasons for everyone and when i started this thread only for info sake , and i am the same person like everyone here. You shouldnt have applied 485 take a ride in boat and keep day dreaming that you have applied 485 in dreams and u got GC. If you guys dont like it let it be , i have not requested your comments when i started this , i said i want myself to be false to share info and as in like a community. It seems you dont want everyone to think of anything else.

WeShallOvercome
07-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Did you sign the G-28 for your filing? If you did not, then nothing will go to the lawyer. If you did, then a "copy" will go to the lawyer. The reason I-140 or Labor copies don't come to you is because they are not your petitions. The I-485 is your petition. When (and you will) you get the receipt notice, you will not see your employer's name anywhere on the receipt (which is not the case with the I-140 where the "petitioner" is your employer and you are a "benificiary").
So don't worry about not getting the receipt.

On a ligher note, if one goes by your argument, USCIS would be mailing your GC to your lawyer/ employer too:D

Hmm, comforting information. BUT I personally know a lot of people who applied through their company attorneys and none of them got even a copy of their receipt notices. Only their lawyers did !
And they are not some remote friends, but the ones I see and talk to daily.

I did sign G-28 and I'm sure the attorney will get the original receipt notice and I will not get even a copy.

pdakwala
07-26-2007, 07:26 PM
I am closing this thread. There is no need to panic at this time. We will deal with the situation when it comes.

For now IV CORE is requesting all the members to please sent the thank you card and also please post your video.

This is needed if you want IV to continue its work and if we really want to see succeeding in the near future.

Thanks