PDA

View Full Version : called neb service center today

sangmami
07-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Talked to an io at neb sc.within 5 sec of me starting to talk the ffice interuppted and she apologosed for doing that and said because of huge vol of appli there is a delay in the receipt notice.i SAID I AM july 2 nd filer and she said it might be in the first week of aug..(i had said the same thing in my earlier post too after i spoke toa diff officer)..She asked to keep checking the check clearnace.
Hope this helps
Thanks

makemygc
07-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Talked to an io at neb sc.within 5 sec of me starting to talk the ffice interuppted and she apologosed for doing that and said because of huge vol of appli there is a delay in the receipt notice.i SAID I AM july 2 nd filer and she said it might be in the first week of aug..(i had said the same thing in my earlier post too after i spoke toa diff officer)..She asked to keep checking the check clearnace.
Hope this helps
Thanks

Why do you keep calling them everyday? What is the urgency of getting receipts?

hmehta
07-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Urgency of getting a receipt is that once you get the receipt, it means that USCIS has 'accepted' your application and it will not be rejected for lack of initial evidence.

EndlessWait
07-27-2007, 02:13 PM
to get the receipts. Lets not bug them and have them work instead on receipting. With over 500K+ applications, it'd be a while to get the reciept..
oops did i mention EAD/AP..ur gonna have to wait a really long time on that one.

GCSeekerCT
07-27-2007, 02:17 PM
From their tone, I can tell the were trying hard to be helpful.

But, no receipt for me yet. July 2nd filer here as well.

Should I keep another set of 485 application ready, just in case if I don't hear about check cashing or receipt till august 15th ?

Is there any harm in filing the 485 again (just to be safe).... IF I don't get any indication of action on july2nd app ?

sparklinks
07-27-2007, 02:18 PM
to get the receipts. Lets not bug them and have them work instead on receipting. With over 500K+ applications, it'd be a while to get the reciept..
oops did i mention EAD/AP..ur gonna have to wait a really long time on that one.

I guess Phone answering people job is to answer the phones(not receipting), correct me if I am wrong.

a_yaja
07-27-2007, 02:20 PM

Should I keep another set of 485 application ready, just in case if I don't hear about check cashing or receipt till august 15th ?

Is there any harm in filing the 485 again (just to be safe).... IF I don't get any indication of action on july2nd app ?
And how are you sure that the second application will be correct and not have any errors that the first one had? :D

gc_lover
07-27-2007, 02:23 PM
And how are you sure that the second application will be correct and not have any errors that the first one had? :D

In that case, we can have third application ready!

EndlessWait
07-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I guess Phone answering people job is to answer the phones(not receipting), correct me if I am wrong.
if they've less calls, they can do some other real work.

in any case..they took 1-3 months in case of reciepting 65K H1s. How soon do you think they can receipt 10 times that number..

EndlessWait
07-27-2007, 02:25 PM
In that case, we can have third application ready!

but invalidate the other 2..can they do that?

WeShallOvercome
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
if they've less calls, they can do some other real work.

in any case..they took 1-3 months in case of reciepting 65K H1s. How soon do you think they can receipt 10 times that number..

That was before their newly found 'effeciency'...

more recently, they took 2 days (not even working days) to APPROVE 25000 AOS applications, how hard do you think it is for them to issue receipts ? :)

rimco99
07-27-2007, 02:32 PM

Can't we request for a temporary EAD 90 days after you receive the notice ? in the local immigration office (For Example in Boston).

gdilla
07-27-2007, 02:34 PM
They've already said to give them until Aug 1st for June filers. Then they will focus on July filers. Simple as that. If your checks aren't cashed by Aug 1/2 for a June filer, then perhaps you have reason to call. If your checks are cashed, then YOU'RE IN, no need to call. Whatever you need is in the mail. If you don't get it by frst week of august, then call.

more recently, they took 2 days (not even working days) to APPROVE 25000 AOS applications, how hard do you think it is for them to issue receipts ? :)

kaisersose
07-27-2007, 02:37 PM

A common misconception.

Approving 25000 485s that were already processed and sitting in cold storage will take less than a minute.

Approving meant simply running a program that assigned a visa number to a processed case in a loop that ran 25000 times. Such a program will complete in seconds. The paperwork for these 25k approved applications is going to take months and online updates of 485 approval are still trickling in.

So there was no new found efficiency in USCIS as many seem to believe.

EndlessWait
07-27-2007, 02:40 PM
A common misconception.

Approving 25000 485s that were already processed and sitting in cold storage will take less than a minute.

Approving meant simply running a program that assigned a visa number to a processed case in a loop that ran 25000 times. Such a program will complete in seconds. The paperwork for these 25k approved applications is going to take months and online updates of 485 approval are still trickling in.

Cmon guys do u think finding efficient ways was an issue at USCIS..They simply wont do such things..They are happy doing it a snail's pace and love the red tape. Too bad Mr. Kumar on the other side who is annxiously waiting, is being pro-active and offering help by giving algorithms.

Saikrishna
07-27-2007, 02:42 PM
I hope they will come and give us reciept notice on 1st week of Aug ....

makemygc
07-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Urgency of getting a receipt is that once you get the receipt, it means that USCIS has 'accepted' your application and it will not be rejected for lack of initial evidence.

You can track it by checking your bank account too. You checks will be cashed first before you get the receipt.

Saralayar
07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
This is the attitude of our guys. So desperate. The agents get irritated because of this.

sandiboy
07-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Guys Stop calling CIS. Check out the new FAQ, they will accept all applications from Jul 2:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11282

whattodo
07-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Hope this helps
Thanks

If no one (or practically no one) from July 2nd has got their receipt notice, then whats the point of calling them everyday. Calling them will NOT get your receipts sooner. These kind of behaviors lead to bad customer service. Misuse it and then dont complain if USCIS disallows this service where we can call and talk to someone. Just get your act together and act maturely.

sparklinks
07-27-2007, 03:27 PM
From Murthy..

Got Receipt

Application Received on : 07/03/2007
Agency : Nebraska
Case: EB3-India Jan 2004
Returned/Rejected : Accepted, got Receipt # LIN xxx-xxx-xxxx.

abhijitp
07-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Too good to believe:-)

whattodo
07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Guys, don't take ownership and don't judge what other can do or can't do.
It is their discretion to call or not to call. They called and they are passing information.
Here everybody is showing bossism for nothing.

It seems like you are showing your "bossism" on what we should say here. If people has right to call and publish here, then others have right to criticize their decision to call. We should NOT encourage such irrational behavior of calling USCIS daily for no reason.

ujjvalkoul
07-27-2007, 03:53 PM

This is paranoa!!!!!!!! STOP already

ujjvalkoul
07-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I understand...those that are calling USCIS have no other way of finding out if their receipts were issued, their Lawyer / EMployers may not even let them know...
So they call to see if USCIS may be able to lookup their case by Last name or something......

whattodo
07-27-2007, 03:57 PM
This is paranoa!!!!!!!! STOP already

More than paranoia, I will call this stupidity. I dont understand what are people trying to do. People with misuse, clog the already clogged system and then complain later on.

greencard
07-27-2007, 04:02 PM
This is the attitude of our guys. So desperate. The agents get irritated because of this.

Your application is already there if you have the delivery confirmation, what is the point of calling them? They will issue or reject when they get to it, by calling them they are not going to go searching for your application..

Please be patient the decision to accept or reject is not going to change by calling them for a receipt notice!

badluck
07-27-2007, 04:02 PM
I am July 2 filer...

I mailed second set yesterday...

Then I thaught I mailed to Nebraska address then I mailed my third set to Texas center, dont want to take any chance whichever will be accecpted first.

I am smart...;)

gsc999
07-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Guys, don't take ownership and don't judge what other can do or can't do.
It is their discretion to call or not to call. They called and they are passing information.
Here everybody is showing bossism for nothing.
---
Can someone explain to me, why should we call USCIS and inquire about receipt notices just weeks after filing AOS application when USCIS clearly states that it takes 30 days to process a receipt. Can we at least respect that piece of information and wait for 30 days before calling?

Did I get that 30 day receipt processing period wrong?

gova123
07-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Too good to believe:-)
Hi Abhijitp:
Can you give me a little bit more info on your signature.

"I-140: EB-2, approved as EB-3: pending resolution
Successor in Interest I-140: Pending"

Does it mean is your I-140 approved under EB-2 or EB-3.

Thanks

Siboo
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
I am July 2 filer...

Then I thaught I mailed to Nebraska address then I mailed my third set to Texas center, dont want to take any chance whichever will be accecpted first.

I am smart...;)

It is not late now.

You may send one to California Service center, one to Vermont Service center and the final one to National Support center.

I am sure you will get at least one Receipt number. :D :D

WeShallOvercome
07-27-2007, 04:09 PM
It is not late now.

You may send one to California Service center, one to Vermont Service center and the final one to National Support center.

I am sure you will get at least one Receipt number. :D :D

You are not a wellwisher, why did you forget the local service center where sometimes a case gets transferred to.. :D :D :D

gc_maine2
07-27-2007, 04:12 PM
OMG .. what a sense of humor.. :D :D

You are not a wellwisher, why did you forget the local service center where sometimes a case gets transferred to.. :D :D :D

ups
07-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I am July 2 filer...

I am smart...;)
you really are:D

guy03062
07-27-2007, 04:53 PM
why not 1 to Mr. Emilio Gonzales and 1 to Dr. Rice...just to be on safe side...in case none of these centers accepts your application :D

mirage
07-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Why the hell are you guys calling USCIS, calling them won’t expedite your process. You are just showing the person on the other side of the phone what kind of crappy people we are.

priderock
07-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I am July 2 filer...

I am smart...;)

Too bad you forgot to fax one :) Let me know if you want the number to fax :):) Some one said it is safer to fax :)

kumar1
07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Do this - Hire a homeless person, give him a VOIP phone with unlimited calling minutes, and ask him to call USCIS every second of his life asking for your recipt. Some day you will get the good news. If you hire 10 homeless and give all of them this job then you might qualify for "investor green card"!!

Guys....please say....well said (pat on my own back)

sumansk
07-27-2007, 05:21 PM
I must say I haven't seen so many interesting !!! people at one place....AMAZING ..Please send one to Bush Bhai...May be they will consider yours a special case and immidiately grant you GC...you are one really SMART...:D :rolleyes:

Siboo
07-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Do this - Hire a homeless person, give him a VOIP phone with unlimited calling minutes, and ask him to call USCIS every second of his life asking for your recipt. Some day you will get the good news. If you hire 10 homeless and give all of them this job then you might qualify for "investor green card"!!

Well Said Kumar, Keep it up :mad: :mad:

GCBy3000
07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I am not sure about how many cheques and the amounts on it since everything is done by my company attorney. However, last week we had a chineese guy here in this forum who got this 485 back and one of his cheque was encashed. Also the reason for the return is the non-availability of VISA numbers. He will send it back again, but my point is the clearance of single cheque is not the indication of acceptance of you app.

They've already said to give them until Aug 1st for June filers. Then they will focus on July filers. Simple as that. If your checks aren't cashed by Aug 1/2 for a June filer, then perhaps you have reason to call. If your checks are cashed, then YOU'RE IN, no need to call. Whatever you need is in the mail. If you don't get it by frst week of august, then call.

GCBy3000
07-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Read the two stories for break.

THE BEST LAWYER STORY SO FAR

One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his limousine
when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass.
Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got
out to investigate.

He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man
replied. "We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll
feed you," the lawyer said.

"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They
are over there, under that tree."

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the
other poor man he stated,

"You come with us, too."

The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "But
sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"

"Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even
for a car as large as the limousine was.

Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the
lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for
taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love
my place. The grass is almost a foot high

STORY 2:

Mom comes to visit her son Kumar for dinner.....who lives with a girl
roommate Sunita. During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't
help but notice how pretty Kumar's roommate was. She had long been
suspicious of a relationship between the two, and this had only made her more
curious.

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she
started to wonder if there was more between Kumar and his roommate than
met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, Kumar volunteered, "I know what you must be
thinking, but I assure you, Sunita and I are just roommates." About a
week later, Sunita came to Kumar saying, "Ever since your mother came to
dinner, I've been unable to find the silver plate. You don't suppose
she took it, do you?" Kumar said,"Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be sure."

So he sat down and wrote :

Dear Mother:

I'm not saying that you 'did' take the silver plate from my house, I'm
not saying that you 'did not' take the silver plate.. But the fact remains
that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.

Love, Kumar

Several days later, Kumar received an email from his Mother which read

Dear Son:

I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Sunita, and I'm not saying that
you 'do not' sleep with Sunita. But the fact remains that if she was
sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the silver plate by now
under the pillow...

Love,
Mom.

Lesson of the day:
Don't Lie to Your Mother...........especially if she is Indian !

whattodo
07-27-2007, 05:48 PM

Wonderful! Thats a good one. Vonage might give a special GC aspirant discount.

CADude
07-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Good one!!

out to investigate.

"You come with us, too."

STORY 2:

curious.

met the eye.

she took it, do you?" Kumar said,"Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be sure."

Dear Mother:

Love, Kumar

Dear Son:

under the pillow...

Love,
Mom.

Lesson of the day:

jonty_11
07-27-2007, 06:29 PM
we will be in uncertainity until we get GC in hand ..........as they say it.

So support IV;s action items and get a legislation passed rather then waitin goutside ur doorstep for 485 receipt....then EAD then AP....and .................what not

zilmax007
07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
An Indian man walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer. He tells the loan officer that he is going to India on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.The bank officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the Indian man hands over the keys to a new Ferrari parked on the street in front of the bank. He produces the title and everything checks out. The loan officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the Indian for using a $250,000 Ferrari as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then drives the Ferrari into the bank's underground garage and parks it there.Two weeks later, the Indian returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41.The loan officer says, "Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely,but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multi millionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow "$5,000".The Indian replies: "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return".

forever
07-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I think some of the people on this forum should be diagnosed for click’O’mania. Basically what it means is developing impatience and restlessness qualities as a result of using computer and mouse over an extended period of time. It makes a patient believe that results should be expected within few minutes after initiating any activity just like the click of a mouse does. Examples are on-line credit card payments, rental payments, electricity, telephone, cell phone, cable bill payments, money transfers to name a few. Over period of time when the patient gets used to these habits, he tries to extend the same logic to other walks of life. Expect results within few minutes. What the click’O’maniac does not understand is certain things in life requires some amount of time in terms of weeks and patience to complete. Even though he/she knows that USCIS is going to receive about ˝ million applications by Aug 17th and receipting of 485 applications is going to take long time, he/she can not resist pressing F5 button on bank statement URL, USCIS press room URL, immigration voice URL, on line case status URL, email account URL and what not URLs. So, someone is trying to contact CSR every day about the receipt status, verifying if checks are cashed or checking LUD on previously approved certifications on hourly basis, it is not his or her fault. Culprit is this undiagnosed disease. If untreated, he/she may be desperate for the finger print notice date in near future. After the finger print notice date, it may be FP notice acceptance date or LUD on case status.

If treated, he realizes that how deep he went into this GC well and how far is away from life on earth and thanks his stars for not remaining as a frog in a well.

How to treat: Do your karma and do not expect results.

hopefulgc
07-27-2007, 06:42 PM
and u are saying this coz u r a programmer for uscis?

A common misconception.

JazzByTheBay
07-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Xtended Computer Attachment Syndrome (XCAS). Like AIDS, it doesn't have any known cures - Big Medicine doesn't have anything it can sell to protect you from it or help you overcome it if you are in fact "infected" with it.

It can be cured with determination and will power - you just need to get out more... :) - in other words, get a life.

jazz

I think some of the people on this forum should be diagnosed for click’O’mania. Basically what it means is developing impatience and restlessness qualities as a result of using computer and mouse over an extended period of time. It makes a patient believe that results should be expected within few minutes after initiating any activity just like the click of a mouse does. Examples are on-line credit card payments, rental payments, electricity, telephone, cell phone, cable bill payments, money transfers to name a few. Over period of time when you the patient gets used to these habits, he tries to extend the same logic to other walks of life. Expect results within few minutes. What the click’O’maniac does not understand is certain things in life requires some amount of time in terms of weeks and patience to complete. Even though he/she knows that USCIS is going to receive about ˝ million applications by Aug 17th and receipting of 485 applications is going to take long time, he/she can not resist pressing F5 button on bank statement URL, USCIS press room URL, immigration voice URL, on line case status URL, email account URL and what not URLs. So, someone is trying to contact CSR every day about the receipt status, verifying if checks are cashed or checking LUD on previously approved certifications on hourly basis, it is not his or her fault. Culprit is this undiagnosed disease. If untreated, he/she may be desperate for the finger print notice date in near future. After the finger print notice date, it may be FP notice acceptance date or LUD on case status.

If treated, he realizes that how deep he went into this GC well and how far is away from life on earth and thanks his stars for not remaining as a frog in a well.

How to treat: Do your karma and do not expect results.

dilvahabilyeha
07-27-2007, 06:55 PM

out to investigate.

"You come with us, too."

STORY 2:

curious.

met the eye.

Dear Mother:

Love, Kumar

Dear Son:

under the pillow...

Love,
Mom.

Lesson of the day:

I am not saying it's a good one and also not saying it's a bad one, but the real fact is, you got nice creativity ;)

god_bless_you
07-27-2007, 07:05 PM
An Indian man walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer. He tells the loan officer that he is going to India on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.The bank officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the Indian man hands over the keys to a new Ferrari parked on the street in front of the bank. He produces the title and everything checks out. The loan officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the Indian for using a $250,000 Ferrari as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then drives the Ferrari into the bank's underground garage and parks it there.Two weeks later, the Indian returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41.The loan officer says, "Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely,but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multi millionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow "$5,000".The Indian replies: "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return".

This thread jokes make me laugh for a while .. friends we need to add all these jokes on a seperate off topic thread to enjoy and laugh when needed !! :D :D :D ..

Siboo
07-27-2007, 07:39 PM
This thread jokes make me laugh for a while .. friends we need to add all these jokes on a seperate off topic thread to enjoy and laugh when needed !! :D :D :D ..

Also change the website address to immigrationjokes.org :D :D :D

waiting_4_gc
07-27-2007, 08:09 PM
why not 1 to Mr. Emilio Gonzales and 1 to Dr. Rice...just to be on safe side...in case none of these centers accepts your application :D

How about one for local senator :D :D

gdilla
07-27-2007, 08:50 PM
You should be able to tell by checking if your checks have cleared. I understand they may be company issued checks, as in my case, but make a friend in accounting and they will tell you. Forget HR or lawyer. That's what i did.

I understand...those that are calling USCIS have no other way of finding out if their receipts were issued, their Lawyer / EMployers may not even let them know...
So they call to see if USCIS may be able to lookup their case by Last name or something......

Vsach
07-27-2007, 09:01 PM
You are being a jerk and don't encourage others to be:mad:

GCBy3000
07-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Instead of calling NEB center daily, contribute to IV if you have not already done so. If you done so, update your signature.

Hope this helps
Thanks