PDA

View Full Version : Can I get Lucky ?

mambarg
07-27-2007, 01:45 PM
If NSC had put all applications from July 2nd to July 17th on hold.
Did they open and timestamp it ? for received date ??????

If they did not , then I may be lucky.
Because my package had signatures and all other dates of June 29th . The day when we were planning to ship the package, but for july fiasco.

Do you guys think ? they might see this and enter it as received date ?

raj3078
07-27-2007, 01:48 PM

Because my package had signatures and all other dates of June 29th . The day when we were planning to ship the package, but for july fiasco.

You answered your own question....If you are lucky then you will get it

Siboo
07-27-2007, 01:52 PM

I did not think of this. Otherwise I would have written the date in all the forms as 01/01/1995 to make the visa number available to me...:D

You may write any day, month and year in the forms. USCIS will have the time stamp when a package was actually received.

CADude
07-27-2007, 01:57 PM
You can't write 01/01/1995. In that case your check will be invalidated. Check expires after 180 days. :D :D

But you are correct for RD :)

I did not think of this. Otherwise I would have written the date in all the forms as 01/01/1995 to make the visa number available to me...:D

You may write any day, month and year in the forms. USCIS will have the time stamp when a package was actually received.

apb
07-27-2007, 02:04 PM

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FAQ2.pdf

whattodo
07-27-2007, 03:01 PM

How stupid a person has to be to even ask a question like this???

mambarg
07-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks.
I wish I should I have acted against the USCIS notice on july 2nd saying they will reject. I should have listened to Rajiv khanna website who was saying that the app should be filed even if it was sent back.
But my attorney said its no use to beat the system and I should wait till october.
I listened and kept quite for few days and later decided on July 16th that What the heck !!!. Let us submit even if it is returned and went ahead.

Every day matters as the counter is 180 days. It is like a time bomb clock.

I think now we can just mark on our calendars the 180 days which includes some months of 31 days and mark exactly the date and time and plan to celeberate it to fulliest.

WeShallOvercome
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks.
I wish I should I have acted against the USCIS notice on july 2nd saying they will reject. I should have listened to Rajiv khanna website who was saying that the app should be filed even if it was sent back.
But my attorney said its no use to beat the system and I should wait till october.
I listened and kept quite for few days and later decided on July 16th that What the heck !!!. Let us submit even if it is returned and went ahead.

Every day matters as the counter is 180 days. It is like a time bomb clock.

I think now we can just mark on our calendars the 180 days which includes some months of 31 days and mark exactly the date and time and plan to celeberate it to fulliest.

When you mark your calendar, mark it for 182 days to be safe. You never know USCIS and these employers.. Keep yourself safe from all the complications that might arise if you leave on 180th or 181st day (whether first day is included or not, can I leave on 180th day or do i have to wait for 180 days to complete blah blah.. ) :)

Siboo
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
When you mark your calendar, mark it for 182 days to be safe. You never know USCIS and these employers.. Keep yourself safe from all the complications that might arise if you leave on 180th or 181st day (whether first day is included or not, can I leave on 180th day or do i have to wait for 180 days to complete blah blah.. ) :)

To be very very safe, make it 180 Business days.:D :D :D

rolrblade
07-27-2007, 03:21 PM
You can't write 01/01/1995. In that case your check will be invalidated. Check expires after 180 days. :D :D

I disagree. If his check has a date of less than 180 days, it will be cashed. He simply said the forms to be signed as of 1995.

:D :D :D

WeShallOvercome
07-27-2007, 03:22 PM
To be very very safe, make it 180 Business days.:D :D :D

Good idea, so mark it for first anniversary of your RD :):D

Suva
07-27-2007, 04:23 PM
One of the stupid questions!!!

waiting_4_gc
07-27-2007, 04:30 PM

Umm, what if USCIS takes more than 180 days to encash the checks?

Do we have to re-file the application/re-send the check?:confused:

johnamit
07-27-2007, 04:49 PM
So if you run this query: select (current date - 26 days) + 180 days from sysibm.sysdummy1
you will get "12/28/2007"

So lets say Jan 1st to be on safe side, so this new year eve we can celebrate our independence from H1b employer. I marked on my calendar Independence day for me and lot of IV friends.