PDA

View Full Version : Petty jobs while on EAD

mik
07-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Hi, after receiving my EAD, I intend to keep my current job, but at the same time I'd like to work on other non related jobs.
My I-140/AOS is for software engineer, and I'd like to give some computer courses. Would that compromise my AOS approval?

Thanks all.
Mik

waitin_toolong
07-29-2007, 06:00 AM
no as long as the primary job is the one described in LC

masala dosa
07-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Yes, you can. You can work any where part time while keeping your reguar job active.

On the other hand, In fact after 485 submission you need not even work!!!!!
the only problem while not working will be incase USCIS sends a RFE to provide latest job description.pay stubs

so, chill out work whereever you want make some extra bucks.

tampacoolie
07-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Hi, after receiving my EAD, I intend to keep my current job, but at the same time I'd like to work on other non related jobs.
My I-140/AOS is for software engineer, and I'd like to give some computer courses. Would that compromise my AOS approval?

Thanks all.
Mik

Don't use EAD to work on petty jobs while I485 pending and you have valid H1B. If you use EAD, then you will loose your H1B status immediately. The last action will cancel the previous status that you had. In this case using EAD while having valid H1B, will invalidate your H1. Don't jeopardise your GC for petty jobs.

anilsal
07-29-2007, 10:55 AM
If you have time left on your H1B, complete its term. After that make a decision as to whether u want to renew your H or get on to EAD.

If on EAD, you can work additional jobs.

InTheMoment
07-29-2007, 12:04 PM
and may I know how it would "jeopardize" the GC if one works on EAD ?

Don't use EAD to work on petty jobs while I485 pending and you have valid H1B. If you use EAD, then you will loose your H1B status immediately. The last action will cancel the previous status that you had. In this case using EAD while having valid H1B, will invalidate your H1. Don't jeopardise your GC for petty jobs.

ramaonline
07-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Just getting an EAD card will not help you. You must first change status to EAD by filing form I9 with your current employer. After that you can use your EAD to do a second job part-time (any job is fine)

mik
07-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks all for giving your feedback. I guess, I know what to do now! Hopefully, I get my EAD soon.

bestia
07-30-2007, 06:00 PM
This is interesting question though. Suppose you are a nuclear physicist and as part time you deliver pizza. Do you have to even inform USCIS about this second job?

IN2US
07-30-2007, 06:15 PM
This is interesting question though. Suppose you are a nuclear physicist and as part time you deliver pizza. Do you have to even inform USCIS about this second job?

technically you don't have to........unless you are questioned about your status during your pizza delivery to USCIS .

take it easy :)

GCBy3000
07-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Also if the pizza shop runs your paystub with your SSN.

technically you don't have to........unless you are questioned about your status during your pizza delivery to USCIS .

take it easy :)