PDA

View Full Version : Good News-CIR is likely to Pass this Years

gc03
06-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Just heard this morning in NPR Station...President Favored Immigration Bill (CIR) is Likely to Pass this Year...NPR.

What's Great News!!!!

Cheer Up Guys!!!:D

dks
06-21-2006, 10:04 AM
:confused:

bheemi
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Hello Sir,
Are you dreaming....president told several times that CIR likesly to pass this year...what else he can say...

gc03
06-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Just heard on Radio from NPR.Org

eb3_nepa
06-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Who said this on NPR? Did President Bush say it?

gc03
06-21-2006, 10:32 AM
haha funny. Not President. NPR Commentator says... President Favored Immigration Bill is Likely to Pass this Year...NPR.

marlon2006
06-21-2006, 10:34 AM
The Pres. is at low 30's approval rate. Do you know what that means ? Whatever he says doesn't have mugh weigth anymore. There are increasing evidence that people opposing the Pres. on immigration are doing better than the supporters.

Just heard this morning in NPR Station...President Favored Immigration Bill (CIR) is Likely to Pass this Year...NPR.

What's Great News!!!!

Cheer Up Guys!!!:D

gc03
06-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Forget about Ratings...President is a President, No matter what's his ratings are. This is my personnel opinion. No offends.

Congress at Odds over Immigration Legislation (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5500112)
Morning Edition, June 21, 2006 House Speaker Dennis Hastert announces plans to consider a Senate version of immigration reform. Meanwhile, Republican congressional leaders call special hearings to discuss the measures. Steve Inskeep talks to NPR's Jennifer Ludden about the debate.

bijualex29
06-21-2006, 11:23 AM
There are only few born citizen vote in USA. In my company out of 50 staff, only two people have gone to vote. What I mean to say that whatever the approval rate is, it does not matter. Ultimately, the speech they give at teh end of the election year is important.
It is very difficult for conservative republican to convince, there mind is filling with conservative ideas. Look at a Bill O'rally, in Fox news, even Lou Dobbs, they try to prove they are right.
Even if they impliment No guest worker programe in the Bill, they will find something else to oppose the bill, every one is having an ego, and they abide by that.
Also keep in mind, Latino or immigration community is very large in USA, and all the naturalized citizen will go to vote, since they earned the citizenship.
Let's put an example:- In house of representative, Califonia there are 20( I am not sure, but is very high) seat, NY ( 10-15 seat), Texas( 20-30) where as in North Dakota( only 1 seat).
The Republican in North Dakota may oppose the amesty, that is the way the can win the election, but majority of the seat comes from immigration populated community.
People who support this CIR understand this. I was in Wisconson where chairman of Judiciary commintee represent, there is hardly any immigrant to win in his seat from WI.
It a policican game, who wins let see

felix31
06-21-2006, 12:16 PM
I agree, lets forget CIR and concentrate on SKIL, PACE TAlent and other bills that we can use as vehicles for our issues...

I've heard CIR is completely dead. Nothing will be passed this year and nothing similar to it will be passed next year either.

Cheer up! Forget CIR. Forget GC. Live your life.

Chicago Desi
06-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I agree, lets forget CIR and concentrate on SKIL, PACE TAlent and other bills that we can use as vehicles for our issues...

Legals must present their case *separately* from the illegals, b/c we are the ones who have been following all stupid rules and regulations and suffering retrogressions, delays, backlogs and such.

marlon2006
06-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Just watch.
Search and see what happened to Pres. Nixon.

Forget about Ratings...President is a President, No matter what's his ratings are. This is my personnel opinion. No offends.

Congress at Odds over Immigration Legislation (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5500112)
Morning Edition, June 21, 2006 House Speaker Dennis Hastert announces plans to consider a Senate version of immigration reform. Meanwhile, Republican congressional leaders call special hearings to discuss the measures. Steve Inskeep talks to NPR's Jennifer Ludden about the debate.

marlon2006
06-21-2006, 12:51 PM
CIR was just a dream.

Could IV hire the lobbysts there and update us on how lawmakers perceive SKIL ? I can donate money for this.

Legals must present their case *separately* from the illegals, b/c we are the ones who have been following all stupid rules and regulations and suffering retrogressions, delays, backlogs and such.

Chicago Desi
06-21-2006, 12:55 PM
CIR was just a dream.

Could IV hire the lobbysts there and update us on how lawmakers perceive SKIL ? I can donate money for this.

Didn't IV hire QG? What are those guys doing these days?

Chicago Desi
06-21-2006, 12:59 PM

No offense but you are not right. Each politician and specially the president worry about their ratings. Lets not forget how he got re-elected.

Chicago Desi
06-21-2006, 01:02 PM
I am in EB3 retrogression as most of you are now.

I work as a consultant and make good money. My I-140 is already approved but what's next. The wait of 5 maybe 10 years. I have a chance to get another job with company that would file me EB2 immediately. But:

(1) I have 10 more months left on my H1-B
(2) I make good money and going with new company (as permanent employee) I would have to accept 50% cut in what I am making now !!!!!
But would still get good salary!

Please advise what would you do? Would still continue make big buck and wait God knows how long to get I-485 file or you would take a chance get new process going EB2 (I am from Europe so EB2 is still current -- how long you think EB2 for Europe will remain current) and get my GC within a year.

All comments and suggestions are welcomed.

thank you all

Nobody can answer this question b/c nobody knows for sure as the process has too many steps that are not streamlined and have unseen pitfalls. I started this process *twice*, compromised on salary, career growth etc and tried to sugar coat the bitter pill but still no avail. Its all good or bad luck that counts.

hmehta
06-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I belive you should change your job and go with EB2, the only -ve point is taking a 50% cut, but even with that, if you are earning a good living.....I guess you should go with the offer.

I am in EB3 retrogression as most of you are now.

I work as a consultant and make good money. My I-140 is already approved but what's next. The wait of 5 maybe 10 years. I have a chance to get another job with company that would file me EB2 immediately. But:

(1) I have 10 more months left on my H1-B
(2) I make good money and going with new company (as permanent employee) I would have to accept 50% cut in what I am making now !!!!!
But would still get good salary!

Please advise what would you do? Would still continue make big buck and wait God knows how long to get I-485 file or you would take a chance get new process going EB2 (I am from Europe so EB2 is still current -- how long you think EB2 for Europe will remain current) and get my GC within a year.

All comments and suggestions are welcomed.

thank you all

eb3_nepa
06-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Unless ABSOLUTELY required, i wud stick to the old company. Here is the reason:

You cannot be a 100% sure that you will be able to apply as EB2. Your entire basis for change is the EB2 application, if you dont get that then you will be in a MAJOR problem. Take this scenario, if you leave and ur employer revokes ur application that means you cannot even keep your Priority Date. To Add to that if you cannot apply in EB2, you may end up in Eb3 with a PD of June/July 2006.

Now take the case where you CAN apply in EB2. Given the fact that you have to re-apply all over again and with PERM issues these days, plus reapplying for I-140, things may end up taking a year or so. By then, you never know, if Europe stays current or not, although right now it looks like it will stay current. So either ways it sounds like a risky proposition to me atleast.

My opinion is, unless you HAVE to change your job, dont shift :) But that is JUST MY opinion and pls do not consider it as legal advice ;)

GCBy3000
06-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Nobody can assure anything. Safest but difficult approach would be.

1. Make sure you get your EB2 filed before you join the company.
2. Make sure you get your I140 approved from your old company.
3. File I140 with the new company and transfer the PD.
4. Switch the job.

If the above does not work out, then it all depends on how long you have left in your H1 & whether you are ready to take the pessimistic approach of assuming PD will not become current for next one year & you are ready for EB3 in the new company in the worst case scenario.

Close your eyes for a while and say "Luckily I am not from India" three times. You will get answers for all your questions when you open your eyes.

Good luck.

Unless ABSOLUTELY required, i wud stick to the old company. Here is the reason:

You cannot be a 100% sure that you will be able to apply as EB2. Your entire basis for change is the EB2 application, if you dont get that then you will be in a MAJOR problem. Take this scenario, if you leave and ur employer revokes ur application that means you cannot even keep your Priority Date. To Add to that if you cannot apply in EB2, you may end up in Eb3 with a PD of June/July 2006.

Now take the case where you CAN apply in EB2. Given the fact that you have to re-apply all over again and with PERM issues these days, plus reapplying for I-140, things may end up taking a year or so. By then, you never know, if Europe stays current or not, although right now it looks like it will stay current. So either ways it sounds like a risky proposition to me atleast.

My opinion is, unless you HAVE to change your job, dont shift :) But that is JUST MY opinion and pls do not consider it as legal advice ;)

ujjvalkoul
06-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Be mindful of this before thinking EAD can help us:

They are making life more difficult for us rather than understanding our plight
================================================== =========

06/23/2006: Growing Trend of Commencement of Removal Proceedings Upon Denial of I-485 Applications and Suggested Options to Cope with the Changing Environment

The USCIS Director and the Deputy Director consistently confirmed here in San Antonio that there would be a growing trend of issuance of NTA upon denial of I-485 applications if the alien was not in a valid nonimmigrant status. This will be true particularly when the alien has a criminal record or other issues. The NTA is the first step of the agency to commence removal (deportation) proceeding. Legally, the Service Centers and other field offices of the USCIS were authorized to issue NTAs when the alien was not in a valid nonimmigrant status, but as the country is moving towards the direction of reinforcement of the system to control illegal aliens and immigration status violators, the USCIS is also apparently pressured to participate in the action. For the reasons, a growing number of EB-485 applicants will face NTAs from here on. Under the rules, once the NTA is issued, the jurisdiction is swifted to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the immigration courts from the USCIS.
There are three things the applicants should keep in mind to cope with the forcecoming changes in the immigration environment:
(a) As the House Judiciary Subcommittee hearing on June 22, 2006 strongly suggested, the DOL and USCIS would move towards increased enforcement of employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant status violators including employers and employees through cross check of actual payment and labor condition applications and labor attestations, and DOL will be pressured to search and go after the these violators (employers and employees). Until now, the LCA or labor attestations enforcement has been driven by the disgruntled current or former employees and the cases that have been brought to the enforcement actions have been limited in numbers. However, this may change as the agency may be pushed to initiate the process rathen than driven by the complaints. Employers and employees should be more mindful of "compliance with the labor condition applications and labor attestations."
(b) As the proceedings are electronized and the databases are increasingly shared among agencies and the databases are accessible by all the agencies involved, the immigration benefit proceedings, including nonimmigrant and immigrant proceedings, will be increasingly linked to these databases and the violators will be easily detected by these agencies as the GAO report of June 22, 2006 indicated. Such change will involve and lead the USCIS which is not immigration law enforment arm of the DHS to be dragged into the enforcement processing in the form of issuance of NTA. They will be plugged into the enforcement process at the front-end. The employers and employees should be more mindful of the evidence and supporting documents which they submit to the USCIS.
(c) The 485 applicants may be better off maintaining nonimmigrant status such as H-1B all the way in order to avoid the potential commencement of deportation proceeding by the Service Centers and field offices upon denial of I-485 applications. In this regard, the aliens should carefully review desirability of working on EAD and Advance Parole considering the changing environment.
The employers and the alien employees are advised to seek legal counsel on the issues which are raised in this posting, including review of compliance of labor condition applications and attestations, and options against the consequences of denial of I-485 applications.

Vish
06-26-2006, 03:59 PM

This is exactly what I believe. Why to put legals case in the same plate as illegals?

krampras
06-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Take this scenario, if you leave and ur employer revokes ur application that means you cannot even keep your Priority Date.
This is not true, if your I140 is approved even if your employer revokes your LC and I140 you can still get your Priority Date.

If you join new company today and your employers starts ads for PERM same day you can file in PERM in 70- 80 days and can get approval in a maximum of 60 days and by that time I140 premium process will be in place so can get I 140 approved in 2 or 3 weeks. So, in six months you can get EB2 I!40 approved. with new 07 fiscal year quota europe (rest of the world) will be current for atleast until December, to my knowledge it will be current atleast until March of 07.

arihant
06-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Read this post in Mathew-Oh's website this morning:
http://www.immigration-law.com/

06/27/2006: CIR May Move to the Frontline Again After the 4th of July

There is looming up a movement to place the Comprehensive Immigration Reform legislation at the forefront again after the Fourth of July. Reportedly a bi-partisan Congressional leader group is scheduled to meet with the business leaders and immigrant advocates today and the Hispanic group is scheduled to stage demonstration at the front yard of Rep. Sensenbrenner, the Chairman of House Judicial Committee, who proposed and was instrumental in passing the House bill that totally limited the immigration reforms to reinforcement of immigration law enforcement and tightening of border security, including criminalization of illegal aliens. He has been leading a movement in the House to oppose the Senate passed S. 2611.
There is also an indication that the Republican leaders in the Congress are attempting to work out a compromise to the conflicting House bill and Senate bill and trying to bring a compromise bill to the Conference Committee process. Sen. Specter is known to chair the Coference Commitee once the Conference Committee is called to an action and he is moving towards the compromise to attach a condition of successful achievement of border security and immigration law enforcement to the guest worker proposal and legalization of illegal aliens. In fact, such compromise was introduced in the Senate which failed to make it in the final S. 2611. Sen. Specter is changing stance on illegal immigration issues in working out a compromise to the Senate and House bills. It is not clear how much such compromise will be agreed to in the House and by the Democrats in the both Houses, but it is obvious that should a compromise immigration reform bill be passed in the Congress before the election in November, it would look substantially different from the Senate S. 2611 when it comes to the illegal immigration issues. Sen. Specter's compromise may be strongly opposed by the illegal immigrant community but more or less supported by the legal immigrant community that is anxious to see the reform in legal immigration front, particularly employment-based immigration. When it comes to the reform of legal immigration system, there is no strong opposition in the both Houses. There appears to be a slim chance that the Senate bill and the House bill will be able to make it without any type of compromise as the two bills represent more or less two extreme views of the far right and the far left. For the legal immigrant community, question remains whether the bill will pass at all before the election, while for the illegal immigrant community, the question remains what kind of bill should pass the Congress before November rather than passage of any kind of CIR. Please stay tuned to this web site for the new development of compromise immigration reform legislation activities. In the meantime, for the Sen. Specter's view, please click http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20060627-122657-1443r.htm

gc03
06-27-2006, 08:22 AM

There is looming up a movement to place the Comprehensive Immigration Reform legislation at the forefront again after the Fourth of July. Reportedly a bi-partisan Congressional leader group is scheduled to meet with the business leaders and immigrant advocates today and the Hispanic group is scheduled to stage demonstration at the front yard of Rep. Sensenbrenner, the Chairman of House Judicial Committee, who proposed and was instrumental in passing the House bill that totally limited the immigration reforms to reinforcement of immigration law enforcement and tightening of border security, including criminalization of illegal aliens. He has been leading a movement in the House to oppose the Senate passed S. 2611.

There is also an indication that the Republican leaders in the Congress are attempting to work out a compromise to the conflicting House bill and Senate bill and trying to bring a compromise bill to the Conference Committee process. Sen. Specter is known to chair the Coference Commitee once the Conference Committee is called to an action and he is moving towards the compromise to attach a condition of successful achievement of border security and immigration law enforcement to the guest worker proposal and legalization of illegal aliens. In fact, such compromise was introduced in the Senate which failed to make it in the final S. 2611. Sen. Specter is changing stance on illegal immigration issues in working out a compromise to the Senate and House bills. It is not clear how much such compromise will be agreed to in the House and by the Democrats in the both Houses, but it is obvious that should a compromise immigration reform bill be passed in the Congress before the election in November, it would look substantially different from the Senate S. 2611 when it comes to the illegal immigration issues. Sen. Specter's compromise may be strongly opposed by the illegal immigrant community but more or less supported by the legal immigrant community that is anxious to see the reform in legal immigration front, particularly employment-based immigration. When it comes to the reform of legal immigration system, there is no strong opposition in the both Houses. There appears to be a slim chance that the Senate bill and the House bill will be able to make it without any type of compromise as the two bills represent more or less two extreme views of the far right and the far left. For the legal immigrant community, question remains whether the bill will pass at all before the election, while for the illegal immigrant community, the question remains what kind of bill should pass the Congress before November rather than passage of any kind of CIR. Please stay tuned to this web site for the new development of compromise immigration reform legislation activities. In the meantime, for the Sen. Specter's view, please click here (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20060627-122657-1443r.htm).

from http://www.immigration-law.com/

Chicago Desi
06-27-2006, 12:30 PM

There is also an indication that the Republican leaders in the Congress are attempting to work out a compromise to the conflicting House bill and Senate bill and trying to bring a compromise bill to the Conference Committee process. Sen. Specter is known to chair the Coference Commitee once the Conference Committee is called to an action and he is moving towards the compromise to attach a condition of successful achievement of border security and immigration law enforcement to the guest worker proposal and legalization of illegal aliens. In fact, such compromise was introduced in the Senate which failed to make it in the final S. 2611. Sen. Specter is changing stance on illegal immigration issues in working out a compromise to the Senate and House bills. It is not clear how much such compromise will be agreed to in the House and by the Democrats in the both Houses, but it is obvious that should a compromise immigration reform bill be passed in the Congress before the election in November, it would look substantially different from the Senate S. 2611 when it comes to the illegal immigration issues. Sen. Specter's compromise may be strongly opposed by the illegal immigrant community but more or less supported by the legal immigrant community that is anxious to see the reform in legal immigration front, particularly employment-based immigration. When it comes to the reform of legal immigration system, there is no strong opposition in the both Houses. There appears to be a slim chance that the Senate bill and the House bill will be able to make it without any type of compromise as the two bills represent more or less two extreme views of the far right and the far left. For the legal immigrant community, question remains whether the bill will pass at all before the election, while for the illegal immigrant community, the question remains what kind of bill should pass the Congress before November rather than passage of any kind of CIR. Please stay tuned to this web site for the new development of compromise immigration reform legislation activities. In the meantime, for the Sen. Specter's view, please click here (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20060627-122657-1443r.htm).

from http://www.immigration-law.com/

Unless something comes out fairly soon CIR is dead till elections. One real concern is that this so-called compromise b/w House and Senate my be too little too late for us, the legals. Just remember what happened in Dec 05.

Legal
06-27-2006, 04:28 PM
:confused: One real concern is that this so-called compromise b/w House and Senate my be too little too late for us, the legals. Just remember what happened in Dec 05.

Well...that was a budget reconciliation bill in Dec 2005....this is an immigration billl. No comparison. The objection at that time was that immigration measures were being tagged to a budget bill.

CIR:
It looks like enforcement first, and legalization later (18 months down the road) may work out as a compromise for illegals.

For legals....if most of the SKIL provisions survive we should be lucky.
Probably anti-immigrationists will try their best to chip away the proposed increase in EB numbers (SKIL provisions) as much as they can.

Chicago Desi
06-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Probably anti-immigrationists will try their best to chip away the proposed increase in EB numbers (SKIL provisions) as much as they can.

That's what I meant in my previous post.

eb3_nepa
06-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Forget this year, we will be lucky if CIR passes inour lifetime! :p

Actually right now the anti-immigrant community has it the BEST. Till CIR dies no new immigration related legislation can be introduced. So if i were a numbersusa/fair person, i would be Loving the status quo on CIR.

apnair2002
06-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Forget this year, we will be lucky if CIR passes inour lifetime! :p

Actually right now the anti-immigrant community has it the BEST. Till CIR dies no new immigration related legislation can be introduced. So if i were a numbersusa/fair person, i would be Loving the status quo on CIR.

http://www.sitnews.us/0606news/062706/062706_shns_immigration.html

sureshksv
06-28-2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-06-28-voa73.cfm

priderock
06-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Chicago Desi

This is exactly what I believe. Why to put legals case in the same plate as illegals?

Both VERY wrong !!! Your only chance is to piggy bank on illegals... Oh yeah.
You don't have what it takes to get it passed...VOTEBANK.