PDA

View Full Version : 485 Refiling Experiences, Questions & resources

amit_tsh
08-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Guys,
I am starting this thread to discuss the issues with refiling 485. Please share your thoughts and experiences & if possible provide helpful resources for others who are facing the dilemma of refiling 485.

I have filled my 485 on July 16th 2007, however there is a slight alteration on the check (Over writing in the 0 cents field). Although minor, USCIS can reject my application based on that. But I cannot risk waiting for the rejection and need to take preventive steps before August 17th. So could you guys please give me some options here.. I am not sure if the USCIS rejects my application or not but to be on safe side I am planning to refile my and my wife's 485. What do you guys think of this??

kriskris
08-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I am in the same situation as you are. My lawyer forgot to send the Current Emp verification letter. I am scared that my 485 packet will be rejected. I filed my 140 PP in TSC and sent my 485 to NSC. I am sure that i am not going to hear anything from USCIS before July 17 and if my 485 is returned i will lose this opportunity and it will be a long wait. Even i am planning to send another 485 before 17, but i dont know whether we are allowed to file multiple 485...........

amit_tsh
08-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Did you talk to your lawyer on the issue of multiple 485 filing?

Saikrishna
08-03-2007, 09:30 PM
My employer filed 485 on July 20th but we have missed 3 forms of G-325A.

They have refiled again after consulting with lawyer on today and its reached USCIS.

sheela
08-03-2007, 10:09 PM
My employer filed 485 on July 20th but we have missed 3 forms of G-325A.

They have refiled again after consulting with lawyer on today and its reached USCIS.
Our attorney discovered the check he attached with aos was with wrong fees and was sure it will be rejected for improper fees. We had to re-file but it was not as simple. We had to run for medical reports/ photos again. Thanks still it was noted sooner than late(uopon my insistwence to provide copies of aos application to make sure if everything was right. We provide all documents and paper work to attorney but these guys can always mess up.

indyanguy
08-05-2007, 11:17 PM
In my application, the date was changed because the original date on all pages was incorrect.

Will this be a big issue?

sattar419
08-05-2007, 11:39 PM
I submitted my 485 package on july 11 to NSC, My 140 is pending in TSC. I forgot to submit a copy of labor certification, I did submitted a copy of receipt notice of 140. Also I forgot to write my name in native language in form 325a in the column specified just above the signature.

Will uscis reject my package, as in the 485 form it is clearly mentioned that we need to submit a copy of labor certification if 140 is pending.

Should I refile my package ?

Bianca
08-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Sattar419,

I just found out that my lawyer too didnt include a copy of approved labor with I-485 application. My I-140 is pending.

Did u find anything that can be done in such a case? Will it lead to rejection of our case?

ashkam
08-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I submitted my 485 package on july 11 to NSC, My 140 is pending in TSC. I forgot to submit a copy of labor certification, I did submitted a copy of receipt notice of 140. Also I forgot to write my name in native language in form 325a in the column specified just above the signature.

Will uscis reject my package, as in the 485 form it is clearly mentioned that we need to submit a copy of labor certification if 140 is pending.

Should I refile my package ?

You should be alright. The latest USCIS FAQ #3 says attaching a copy of I-140 receipt if I-140 is pending is fine. Also, many people have not written their names in native language so that should be alright too I guess.

darkstar786
08-12-2007, 11:42 AM
My lawyer field application on July 2nd. FEDEX is not showing delivery confirmation information. FEDEX employee at Dallas is saying that application did get delivered by they missed some scan that day. Not sure what should I do now.

Should I file again or tracking number and lawyer letter will be enough to re-file my case later.

Please give advice