PDA

View Full Version : personal checks vs Employers checks for 485

immi_2006
08-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I just got a call from my employer saying that for people who sent personal checks USCIS is sending queries to the employer. He says 485 should be applied with employer checks to be safe.
How far is it true?

nefrateedi
08-02-2007, 12:08 PM
I just got a call from my employer saying that for people who sent personal checks USCIS is sending queries to the employer. He says 485 should be applied with employer checks to be safe.
How far is it true?

Hmmm, interesting that your employer should say that :rolleyes:...especially since the I-485 is the individual's application, NOT the employer's. That's the first time I'm hearing of a statement like that.

milind70
08-02-2007, 12:10 PM
How far is it true?
I think this a rumour. What is current dated employement verification letter for??? I think quite a number of folks here applied with thier personal checks for a number of reasons i.e. they are supposed to bear the cost themselves or to get the recipt number quicker from the check image from online banking etc. This is the first time i am hearing this. Well there is always a first time

immi_2006
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
well seeing it from a practical point, will the IO have copy of the checks encashed while assessing the case?

looks like my employer was bluffing. Anyway thanks for the response.

ameryki
08-02-2007, 01:18 PM
yep all bluff here! my employer didn't even pay for my 485 application :-(. I saw a memo from our coporate office that stated something on the lines 485 stage of green card process all associates are on their own! I had to send a money order in with my application.

gimme_GC2006
08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
How far is it true?

Let me guess your employer..is he from NJ and does "first" part of the company name? :D

I saw this in other posting (someother forum site)

One reason they dont take employee checks is, if they want to screw up reciept (if you signed g-28). With your own checks you can keep checking bank to see if there is a receiptnumber behind it.

beautifulMind
08-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I sent money orders. is there a way to track if money orders were cashed by USCIS..the money already left my bank once the money order was issued by my bank

superdude
08-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Please contribute to IV if you have not already.

485 has nothing to do with the employer. It is adjustment of status
How far is it true?

saimrathi
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I sent my employer's checks for I-140 + 485 concurrent filing..