PDA

View Full Version : October 2007 Visa prediction- BIB DAILY

rolrblade
08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Saw this on Bib daily a few minutes ago.

http://www.bibdaily.com/pdfs/Jan%20Pederson%208-2-07.pdf

read this as it has some predictions. Dont know how accurate they are , but atleast they are a guess. Well, this might be good news for some, but personally for me , being in EB3 - india and PD of 2004, this is not very great for me.

Well, good luck to all the EB2 and my heart out to all my EB3 bretheren.

Aslo, i believe that the dates for EB3 - China are incorrect. I checked the bulletin archive and China - EB3 in january was NOT 2005.

Anyone care to comment?

justin150377
08-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Based on the link Worldwide EB3 is behind the China category.(Point 4) It is obvious that doesn't make any sense.

rolrblade
08-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Based on the link Worldwide EB3 is behind the China category.(Point 4) It is obvious that doesn't make any sense.

Like I said the Point 4 EB3 China seems to be a typo.

diptam
08-02-2007, 04:52 PM
EB3-India is May 2001 is quite a reasonable and Practical one. I'm scared how long it will remain like that.

EB3-India can be approved 3,000 cases/Year in general but this year 2006-07 they approved 18,000 to use up wasted Visa Numbers.Even they continue the trend in next few years the PROUD EAD holders of RD July 2nd 2007 ( i'm one of them ) will get GC after 5 years at least - [ 90,000 app/18,000 a yr ]

:D

read this as it has some predictions. Dont know how accurate they are , but atleast they are a guess. Well, this might be good news for some, but personally for me , being in EB3 - india and PD of 2004, this is not very great for me.

Aslo, i believe that the dates for EB3 - China are incorrect. I checked the bulletin archive and China - EB3 in january was NOT 2005.

Anyone care to comment?

justin150377
08-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Like I said the Point 4 EB3 China seems to be a typo.

ahh yes you did ...my apologies..

diptam
08-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Yes - the overflow happened from other categories between June -July 2007
and henceforth 18000 EB3 India cases were touched...

They did not approve 18000 cases. They have just processed them. They can't go over 2800 limit if there is no overflow from other catagories.

chakalov
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Washington, D.C., Aug. 2, 2007: Government sources have advised us that we can expect more good news when the new pool of visa numbers is released for the fiscal year which begins on October 1, 2007. The priority date information listed is to be taken as educated predictions, not carved in stone. Expect the following:

I just dont understand where did that guy see the "GOOD NEWS"?

joeshmoe
08-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Point #1 and #4 seemed to be contradicting each other.

Number 1 says Eb3 ROW will be current while number 4 states it will be like January 2007.

Duahhhh....

rdehar
08-02-2007, 05:24 PM
hehe, yeah whats the "GOOD NEWS"

this is depressing and I hope it is far from truth ...

pscdk
08-02-2007, 05:28 PM

I guess getting CURRENT for worldwide(other than India & china) is "good news" for the writer as their visa numbers are UNAVAILABLE now..

maag
08-02-2007, 05:30 PM
The Good News is EB3 will be Close to January 2007.
He has given EB3 dates which were

fcres
08-02-2007, 05:41 PM
"Please note that these are predictions subject to change depending on the number of cases approved by USCIS during the next two months."

How can they approve cases when its 'U'. Or did he mean the ones that has already been alloted a visa number (in June-July) and in the process of printing approval notices? In that cases the visa number were already alloted.

gumpena
08-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Not Jan2007. Come on.
As per this PREDICTION Mexico will be current... I seriously doubt this..

maag
08-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Let's hope its not jan 2007 bulletin because jan 2007 bulletin shows 01 jan 1999 for india and china

Not Jan2007. Come on.

chakalov
08-02-2007, 05:43 PM
The Good News is EB3 will be Close to January 2007.

Wow! Isnt that something! After one entire year (OCT2006-OCT2007) and 140,000 EB visas we moved a whole 3 months!!! from:MAY2002 to AUG2002 for EB3ROW or maybe it is because of the 22 days advance in the EB2 India (01APR'05-22APR'05) :confused: :D FANTASTIC NEWS GUYS!!! LETS CELEBRATE... my place tonite - I supply the beer!!

gumpena
08-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Except for India, this guy is predicting forward movement for all countries...that is sick....

jonty_11
08-02-2007, 05:45 PM
This prediction business is nonsensical....dont take it to heart....did anyone expect July VB to be current....NO....USCIS and DOS can and will do anything to defy our predictions....so kick back and relax...njoy the wkend..

jonty_11
08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Except for India, this guy is predicting forward movement for all countries...that is sick....
unfortunately...the most likely piece of the prediction that may be true...

jfredr
08-02-2007, 05:48 PM
ha ha ha hey hey very very good news eureka

gc_chahiye
08-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Hope this serves as a reality check after the euphoria of 485 filing, and everyone focuses on visa number recapture and backlog reduction:

EVERYONE IN THE DC AREA: PLEASE GO TO THE 13th SEPT RALLY!!

Unless there is unity and a show of concern, we are all set for a 10-20 year wait for GC. Remember these are November 06 dates atleast for EB2/EB3 India. 7 day per year movement for EB2 India!!!!

mambarg
08-02-2007, 05:55 PM
They are predicting and dont know the truth.
So in prediction, they are competing with us.
Ignore it.

They are making it official on their website.
They should have a warning sign: Reading this article may be injurious to your health OR something.

Everyday things change. They did not predict that July 2 will get revised ?
They why bother reading their site now ????????????????????????

Ramba
08-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Very resonable estimate. I think, it may worst than the prediction, particularly for India. My estimate was EB3 India 2000 and EB2 in 2001 or 2002. It appears that they recived 80,000 485 in 2 days. Surly it will reach 700K by Aug 17.

Each country will get 250 EB visas in each EB catagories in each month (till June 2008). If we calculate only primary, it will be only 100 EB visas per country in per catagory.

The first 100 old LC cleared from BEC in each EB catagory determines cutoff date for India in Oct 2007.

alterego
08-02-2007, 06:05 PM
This makes sense and the author is a very reputable attorney esp. with physician cases.

Calouste
08-02-2007, 06:12 PM
They did not approve 18000 cases. They have just processed them. They can't go over 2800 limit if there is no overflow from other catagories.

They can. The 7% limit is on employment and family based GCs combined, it doesn't apply per category. Although in general I think USCIS will keep to the 7% country limit per category for the first 3 quarters of the year, and then there is a free-for-all in the last quarter to try to use up the visa numbers.

Fact of the matter is that the ways the rules are written makes it very difficult for the USCIS to assign all the visa numbers and follow the rules.

As a hypothetical example, if someone applied for EB-1 on 30 September, the USCIS should have a visa number available for them, as EB-1 is never oversubscribed. So they can't take out all the visa numbers and pass them on to EB-2 and EB-3, although they seem to have done so this year.

I wonder if someone who wants to apply for EB-1 is going to sue the USCIS because they can't file in August and September? Unless there were really that many EB-1 applications stuck in name check that it used up the complete allocation of EB-1 numbers for the rest of the year.

mambarg
08-02-2007, 06:18 PM
They can increase VISA to 200000 . This is my prediction.
I dont have a website to post an article though.

In next two months the thinktank is going to permanently resolve july2nd fiasco and make sure it never happens again.

Dont worry guys.

Calouste
08-02-2007, 06:22 PM

In next two months the thinktank is going to permanently resolve july2nd fiasco and make sure it never happens again.

Dont worry guys.

That would require congressional action, and we all know how much action the Congress shows on immigration issues at the moment.

gumpena
08-02-2007, 06:22 PM

Dont worry guys.

Appreciate if you could post a link or mention the source or is it your wishful thinking?

dollar500
08-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Lawyers posting sound quite naive

Anyone care to comment?

pappu
08-02-2007, 06:32 PM
"Please note that these are predictions subject to change depending on the number of cases approved by USCIS during the next two months."
---------------------
Does not make sense. No cases will be approved till end of september as visa numbers are now exhausted. They cannot go against what was written in the visa bulletin. There is no use of these visa bulletin predictions. Now attorneys are also joining the prediction game. The only people we don't have now, are professional astrologers who specialize in visa bulletin predictions.

Let us stop this predictions game and focus on our energies on something constructive. If we can get a legislation done, we can prove these predictions wrong.

Canadian_Dream
08-02-2007, 06:32 PM

From the past experience we have learned that any unofficial posting like above citing Govt sources is almost always 100% time comes true. Why would someone
risk his/her reputation for baseless rumor. Now I wouldn't doubt the correctness of this information. But I sure would want to dissect and see how can it be.

1. First and foremost since all categories are "U" (Including EB1/EB2 ROW) there is a definite overflow of numbers for ROW to India/China and ROW EB3. This can be verified seeing the number of EB2/EB3 approvals for India/China/ROW.

2. 66800 visas is almost 50% of yearly quota and these are all used up to process cases that are "Approvable" in last two months. This simply means the most of these approvals have to be EB3 ROW/EB2/EB3 India/China because these are the only categories that fall into "approvable but no visa numbers".

3. Now assuming 90% of these 66,800 went to retrogressed categories (Non EB1/EB2 ROW) it should lead to substantial movement of dates from where they were last in Jan 2007. Only caveat is that there are cases filed June/July that will lead to retrogression. If this is the case then how would DOS/USCIS know ahead of time which category do these cases belong to, when July cases are not even entered in the system yet ? Are the June cases enough to make this prediction. (EB2/EB3 India/China/ROW was still retrogressed during that month)

4. This can't be based on demand from BEC's as there are only 15,000 TR cases left in BEC.

5. Now big question is, how did they arrive at this Cut-off date ? Was 66800 cases not enough to make it move even a day (Ex. EB2 India 8 Jan 2003) !!! That's sure doesn't look right.

I hope UN can comment on this prediction.

(I saw Pappu's post only after I posted my message)

mambarg
08-02-2007, 06:33 PM
If this is true. Well, we take our EAD's and go wherever we want after Jan 2007 and not worry about or bother INS for GC.

vxg
08-02-2007, 06:43 PM

From the past experience we have learned that any unofficial posting like above citing Govt sources is almost always 100% time comes true. Why would someone
risk his/her reputation for baseless rumor. Now I wouldn't doubt the correctness of this information. But I sure would want to dissect and see how can it be.

1. First and foremost since all categories are "U" (Including EB1/EB2 ROW) there is a definite overflow of numbers for ROW to India/China and ROW EB3. This can be verified seeing the number of EB2/EB3 approvals for India/China/ROW.

2. 66800 visas is almost 50% of yearly quota and these are all used up to process cases that are "Approvable" in last two months. This simply means the most of these approvals have to be EB3 ROW/EB2/EB3 India/China because these are the only categories that fall into "approvable but no visa numbers".

3. Now assuming 90% of these 66,800 went to retrogressed categories (Non EB1/EB2 ROW) it should lead to substantial movement of dates from where they were last in Jan 2007. Only caveat is that there are cases filed June/July that will lead to retrogression. If this is the case then how would DOS/USCIS know ahead of time which category do these cases belong to, when July cases are not even entered in the system yet ? Are the June cases enough to make this prediction. (EB2/EB3 India/China/ROW was still retrogressed during that month)

4. This can't be based on demand from BEC's as there are only 15,000 TR cases left in BEC.

5. Now big question is, how did they arrive at this Cut-off date ? Was 66800 cases not enough to make it move even a day (Ex. EB2 India 8 Jan 2003) !!! That's sure doesn't look right.

I hope UN can comment on this prediction.

(I saw Pappu's post only after I posted my message)
The are now approving 2004 PD GCs for EB2 India so how can it go back to 2003.

kaisersose
08-02-2007, 06:43 PM
My personal opinion is these predictions are pure junk.

USCIS itself is unaware of what DOS will predict a month from now. And here we have some jokers speculating on what DOS will come up with 3 months later. Till date, no one outside DOS knows how they come up with their cut-off dates. Not USCIS, not AILA, no one.

I am willing to bet good money that the Oct bulletin when it comes out in September will look nothing like this prediction.

Other than that, I would tell everyone to ignore this nonsense and move on.

makemygc
08-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Guys...these predictions tell us that we are screwed for many years to come..day in and day out....so do not waste time....make every efforts to make this september rally successful.

gova123
08-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I am sorry for posting in here, but I was wondering if someone actually went in person to the Houston Consulate to get their passport renewed. Also, do we need to have any reason to attend in person at the Consulate such as emergency, etc.

I am from India and my passport is expiring on Aug 17. I read before in the forum that it is better to go in person to renew the passport. Any experiences please let me know.

Thanks a bunch

Canadian_Dream
08-02-2007, 06:51 PM
I wish and hope that you are right.
But why would a lawyer citing govt. sources on a public forum try to spread a baseless rumor.

My personal opinion is these predictions are pure junk.

USCIS itself is unaware of what DOS will predict a month from now. And here we have some jokers speculating on what DOS will come up with 3 months later. Till date, no one outside DOS knows how they come up with their cut-off dates. Not USCIS, not AILA, no one.

I am willing to bet good money that the Oct bulletin when it comes out in September will look nothing like this prediction.

Other than that, I would tell everyone to ignore this nonsense and move on.

gova123
08-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Bumping ^^^^^^^^^

makemygc
08-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Bumping ^^^^^^^^^
Why are you bumping it? Did you ever bump the september rally thread?

nogc12
08-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Predictions are only for people who cannot change the future.

glamzon
08-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Prediction <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Fact ( better waiting for sep 15 official release)

mambarg
08-02-2007, 07:01 PM
When DOS can release monthly bulleting.
Why can't INS release response bulletin on what they did that month?
Is it that hard to know simple facts ?

mambarg
08-02-2007, 07:07 PM
All June/July filers need 6-8 months to get to a stage where 485 can be approved.
Visa bulletin of Next May/June 2008 are the ones that could be more interesting to us???????????

chakalov
08-02-2007, 07:14 PM
All June/July filers need 6-8 months to get to a stage where 485 can be approved.
Visa bulletin of Next May/June 2008 are the ones that could be more interesting to us???????????

I agree with you. The OCT VB will be conservative. It will have retrogressed dates just so DOL makes sure it stays in the yearly quota and there are no surprises. Come May/June when everything is settled down and USCIS knows exactly how many applicants there are we'll see some movement in the PD.

venky08
08-02-2007, 07:22 PM
it is definitely better to go in person than to worry about getting it back in the mail because they have the worst customer service. once your passport is gone, you just have to wait for a few weeks for it to appear in the mail. crossing your fingers for the duration.

the best way is to get it done using expedite service. pay 90 USD more and get it in one day (although in some cases it may take a day or two)

I am sorry for posting in here, but I was wondering if someone actually went in person to the Houston Consulate to get their passport renewed. Also, do we need to have any reason to attend in person at the Consulate such as emergency, etc.

I am from India and my passport is expiring on Aug 17. I read before in the forum that it is better to go in person to renew the passport. Any experiences please let me know.

Thanks a bunch

lacrossegc
08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
I agree, There are lot of substeps that have to happen before an I485 application is "approvable" ...like the FBI name Checks ... just count how many people are stuck in these checks and you will get an idea... these checks take anywhere from 6 months to 2-3 yrs too ... after all these substeps are done and if the visa bulletin shows your priority date as current... thats when you get your I485 approved... Uscis can also use its discretion to assume the FBI name check was clear for an application (after a certain number of days) but I doubt they will use that "discretion" whole heartedly for all delayed cases ....

The only silver lining I see is that people with very old priority dates just comming out of BECs may be able to file based on the Oct bulletin ... all others will have to wait a looooooong time....

The only possible solution is to get some favorable legislation- increase/recapture visa numbers so that when your case is "approvable", visa numbers are available for your priority date... Attend the Sept rally ... show the lawmakers how bad the situation is ....and maybe they will have the heart to help us ....

gc_chahiye
08-02-2007, 07:28 PM
When DOS can release monthly bulleting.
Why can't INS release response bulletin on what they did that month?
Is it that hard to know simple facts ?

good idea. Instead of some big black hole, USCIS can tell us exactly what is going on, number of cases approved, countries, categories etc. Transparency and clarity in the whole system. As of now we dont even know what order they pick up and process applications, and only stats are year-end ones...

gc_chahiye
08-02-2007, 07:31 PM

June-July was a free-for all because of the dates suddenly becoming current. They approved whatever cases they could, it does not mean that was the oldest case that got through and there are no older ones pending. There are still some 2001-EB3s and 2003-EB2s that I know who have not got approvals (pre-June filers). Also, lots of 2003/2004 EB2 India's are filing 485s now or filed in June. Its going to take an year or two just to flush out all those before they come to 2005/2006.

BumbleBee
08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
"1. During fiscal year 2007 (October 1, 2006 through July 2007) USCIS processed over 18,000 EB3 cases for persons born in India and of that number, 8,000 were processed during June 2007 and 7,000 were processed during July 2007. This represents five years worth of allocated visa numbers. The annual limit for India is 2,800 per year in the EB3 category."

I am still waiting for my turn, but seems july fiasco was 'great deal in Disguise' :D

BumbleBee ( myNewWait = myOldWait - 5years ) :p

gc_chahiye
08-02-2007, 07:50 PM
anyone know how many EB2 India's were approved in this flood of approvals?

sounakc
08-02-2007, 08:22 PM
ok here is a stupid question:

my PD: Aug 2006
I-140: April 2007 Filed (pending)
I-485: July 18 2007 (received by USCIS, receipt pending)

Now if wife comes on H4, and i cannot file her I-485 becoz PD is not available. But my I-485 gets approved then what will happen.

kumar_77
08-02-2007, 08:31 PM
http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/
:mad:
Bender's Immigration Bulletin has published an article by my friend Jan Pederson reporting that her government sources are telling her that other than India and China, the EB-1, EB-2, EB-4 and EB-5 green card categories will again be current in October.

EB-1s for Indians and Chinese are also expected to be current. For EB-2, India is expected to have a cut off date of January 8, 2003 and for China the cut off date will be April 22, 2005.

For EB-3, according to Jan, the worldwide cut off date will be August 1, 2002, India will be May 8, 2001 and China will be April 22, 2005.

Jan also reports that 18,000 EB-3 for Indians have been processed in this fiscal year with 8,000 of those cases approved in June and 7,000 in July. By the way, the annual EB-3 limit for Indians is 2,800 so go figure.

Also, approximately 40,000 cases were received at the Texas Service Center on July 2nd and 35,000 were received in Nebraska.

One final amazing fact that Jan has learned - USCIS requested 66,600 (666!) visa numbers from the beginning of the fiscal year through the end of May and 66,800 numbers in June and July.

gc_chahiye
08-02-2007, 08:33 PM
ok here is a stupid question:

my PD: Aug 2006
I-140: April 2007 Filed (pending)
I-485: July 18 2007 (received by USCIS, receipt pending)

Now if wife comes on H4, and i cannot file her I-485 becoz PD is not available. But my I-485 gets approved then what will happen.

your PD has to be current when your I-485 is approved, so as soon as your PD is current file her 485 (with the visa bulletins you know 15 days in advance). In case your approval comes through before the filing, her H4 status will end, but you can still her 485 within 180 days.

Only problem people have run into so far: wife is outside the US when husbands 485 is approved. Technically her H4 has ended and she cannot use that to enter the US. Dont know what happens in reality (ie. does USCIS cross-check at port of entry).

sounakc
08-02-2007, 08:35 PM
thanx pal...

your PD has to be current when your I-485 is approved, so as soon as your PD is current file her 485 (with the visa bulletins you know 15 days in advance). In case your approval comes through before the filing, her H4 status will end, but you can still her 485 within 180 days.

Only problem people have run into so far: wife is outside the US when husbands 485 is approved. Technically her H4 has ended and she cannot use that to enter the US. Dont know what happens in reality (ie. does USCIS cross-check at port of entry).

Junkie2007
08-02-2007, 09:36 PM
---------------------
Does not make sense. No cases will be approved till end of september as visa numbers are now exhausted. They cannot go against what was written in the visa bulletin. There is no use of these visa bulletin predictions. Now attorneys are also joining the prediction game. The only people we don't have now, are professional astrologers who specialize in visa bulletin predictions.

Let us stop this predictions game and focus on our energies on something constructive. If we can get a legislation done, we can prove these predictions wrong.

Do you know if USCIS has approved 140k visas for this year? Would you believe 66k people received gc in the months of June and July?

What every one knows and is also frustrated is that June/July bulletin fiasco happened.. and no one claimed 66k gc approval but that only 66k Visa numbers were requested.

So lets wait a fews months to clear up the air. :eek:

canleo98
08-02-2007, 09:37 PM
---------------------

After us and attorneys, USCIS/DOS will join next in prediction game

alterego
08-02-2007, 10:37 PM
I suspect that they may repeat this process but with some more civility next year.

They will pretty much be aware that most 485s that can be filed up to July 2007 will be filed(as a result of the visagate fiasco). Hence they can move PDs up to that point without any major overload of the 485 intake.

Hence next year june/july they will move the PD to June 2007 and then approve the cases as they see fit.

Until that point they will use about 70K just like this year.

I also feel they will keep sending out approvals in August and Sept. I really doubt they sent out 66K approvals since June. I think they have a lot of tagged 485s.

That is my guess. However noone knows their intent! Lets hope for all of ourselves that some additional numbers are added, otherwise 140k/yr will lead to a very long wait.

komaragiri
08-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Who cares about October bulletin, as long as USCIS moves visa dates in May- June 2008, by that time all July filers processing will be done and ready for their visa numbers.

Good luck next year !! Don't expect too much from USCIS for this year !! They gave enough. Let them take some rest by moving the dates to 2001-2003.

paisa>cents
08-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Why you all are worried now.As soon as we get EAD and AP(PROBABLY 5-6 months)it will be as good as we have GC..So dates retrogress after that does not matter.Thoughts?Also can someone tell me what is infopass???????

GCapplicant
08-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Did they not clear the old cases...how come china happens to be 2005-Korea ...their EB3 is more than india.Any logic.Why only india is affected always.
If they have cleared old cases why the heck it should go back...Mad

I dont underdstand...

anu_t
08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Why you all are worried now.As soon as we get EAD and AP(PROBABLY 5-6 months)it will be as good as we have GC..So dates retrogress after that does not matter.Thoughts?Also can someone tell me what is infopass???????

Why are you being so SELFISH? So once u get your EADs there is no need to think about others?Is'nt that very wrong atitude?:mad:

paskal
08-02-2007, 11:43 PM
ead is not the end of (y)our problems by a long shot
and not everyone is getting one anyway
please focus on the upcoming iv action
this is not a done deal yet- we are fighting to end all retrogression.

great to see this thread going great guns
to extend the (mis)quoting streak:

ask not what iv can do for you,
hey- iv needs you, what are you doing?

There is a major rally in DC on 9/13, as you all know
We need attendance, We need funds
and WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
Everyone can do their bit, wherever you live.
Please try to attend, if you ca- update your profile with that info
Please consider monetary contributions- see the thread for this
Please be a volunteer, there is much to be done, irrespective of your location
Visit the Volunteer Needed thread and offer your services please!

paisa>cents
08-02-2007, 11:44 PM
I am not selfish--it applies to everyone who will be filing till aug 17..Till now we did not have any hope(i am waiting since last 3 yrs)Now atleast seeing a ray of EAD so made that comment..Please do not mistake me.

priti8888
08-03-2007, 12:25 AM
I am not selfish--it applies to everyone who will be filing till aug 17..Till now we did not have any hope(i am waiting since last 3 yrs)Now atleast seeing a ray of EAD so made that comment..Please do not mistake me.

u can make an infopass appointment on uscis.com.
This means that you can meet with an Immigration officer in your local office and ask any questions related to your case. :)

immi_seeker
08-03-2007, 12:53 AM

I agree with this..four of my friends whose priority date is in the first quarter of 2004 got their GC approved in the month of july..

satish_hello
08-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Don't worry guys, they have to move this date fast, they can't keep us waiting.

Just thik about Jan'2007 bulletin, how they moved in June'2007 and made current on July'2007. Also they have processed so many application last few months. Even murthy don't have any idea about Jan'2008 bulletin, they will have to clean-up whatever they accepted now.

If you look at. last month approval, people of PD 2005 EB2 got approved, there is no rule or FIFO , No Cutt-off date, just they are keeping cut-off date to cheat us. To avoid Rush.

There is lot guys waiting With PD2001, 2002 with EAD, but still you can see approval from PD'2004, PD'2005. Where is the rule here.

Now Atleast we filed our application you can see approvals, this 2008'January Onwards, even then you see cut-off dates, before the Election they have to clean-up.You never know what is going to be the policy next 6-months, and about any bill.

- satish
EB2/sept/2004

everonh1
08-03-2007, 02:20 AM
If you look at. last month approval, people of PD 2005 EB2 got approved, there is no rule or FIFO , No Cutt-off date, just they are keeping cut-off date to cheat us. To avoid Rush.

There is lot guys waiting With PD2001, 2002 with EAD, but still you can see approval from PD'2004, PD'2005. Where is the rule here.

- satish
EB2/sept/2004
Only logical reason one can think of is older PD(2001,2002) 485s are still waiting on "Name check clearance" or have been issued RFEs time and again.

Lets think positive.As someone said,at least we have some limited freedom after 6 months.In the meantime,we should try and support all efforts related to resolving this Visa Number crisis,recapturing lost visa numbers and increasing the current measly amount of Visa numbers available per country.These visa numbers have might been setup years ago and needs to be re-considered based on country's need for talented and qualified immigrants in various areas.
July VB fiasco has started the fire and lets put off the fire only after most of these issues are resolved.

swo
08-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't mean to be pessimistic but statements like "they can't make us wait forever" that I see in various forms are simply not the case.

The precedent for 20 year waits have been set in the family category. No relief was given there. For the most part, very highly skilled EB1 and EB2 ROW workers are not impacted by priority dates, meaning that there are always ways in for highly skilled and educated workers from all but a few countries.

As such, I don't see what will pressure congress to change the law for those at the bottom of the ranking - EB3. I think 10 year old cut-offs are only marginally less insane and ridiculous than 6 year old cut-offs and congress has rejected every attempt to fix those problems.

Frankly I think we should be seeking 'micro-relief' one step at a time.

1) reclaim unused visas and only one visa number per family

ONCE THAT IS ACHIEVED, THEN

2) strive to increase overall number of visas.

Comprehensive immigration reform is too hot too handle. While I wish it wasn't so, I think small steps are the best hope at introducing non-threatening change.

flipflop
08-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Why do you think your job becomes easy once you get your EAD/AP? I am sure you will have lot more fun when you receive your EAD after 5-6 months, and then you will realize, damn, its time to renew EAD for next year, and I better apply 6 months in advance, or else I might be in a situation where current EAD is expired and next one is not showing up!!

mambarg
08-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Oct bulletin . No way it can be same
All EB2 who applied in DEc2006 till March 2007 have got their GC's.
So how does it make sense to keep Jan 03 ?
There will be no pending files, if at all very few.
So Oct may look like Jan, but Nov will then look llike JULYYYYYYYYYYY

sbdol
08-05-2007, 07:40 PM
All EB2 who applied in DEc2006 till March 2007 have got their GC's.
Very untrue.

alterego
08-11-2007, 12:55 PM

Some of you newbies to this process are unaware of the issues around this and I wish you would take the time to educate yourself on this issue rather than simply exuding unbridled optimism.
485 application does not imply approval. Next, with the current processing delays, you are not guaranteed a EAD/AP in any period of time. My latest one(3rd EAD) took nearly 4 1/2 months for no explicable reason whatsoever. The last NSC processing times show they are processing application of March 26th............and just think that is BEFORE the 485 tsunami. They are asking you to apply 6 months ahead now(with all the attendant expense) for a card that has less than 1 yr validity by the time it gets to you. So pretty much within less than 6 months of getting it you have to get ready for the next rounds.
If there are reckless/carefree moves of job or job losses and unemployment then at the time of adjudication issues can arise.
Do you think the applications that went in now are going to get adjudicated anytime soon? Unless visa numbers are expanded approvals will not see the light of day for years........probably 4-5 yrs for EB India. It would not be uncommon for people to be on their 5th and 6th EAD cards in this horror scenario. As someone already pointed out the precedence for this has already been set with the 20yr waiting times for family based application. Sorry but I don't think you presented a balanced view in your post.
How is any of this as good as a green card?

abracadabra102
08-11-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't mean to be pessimistic but statements like "they can't make us wait forever" that I see in various forms are simply not the case.

The precedent for 20 year waits have been set in the family category. No relief was given there. For the most part, very highly skilled EB1 and EB2 ROW workers are not impacted by priority dates, meaning that there are always ways in for highly skilled and educated workers from all but a few countries.

As such, I don't see what will pressure congress to change the law for those at the bottom of the ranking - EB3. I think 10 year old cut-offs are only marginally less insane and ridiculous than 6 year old cut-offs and congress has rejected every attempt to fix those problems.

Frankly I think we should be seeking 'micro-relief' one step at a time.

1) reclaim unused visas and only one visa number per family

ONCE THAT IS ACHIEVED, THEN

2) strive to increase overall number of visas.

Comprehensive immigration reform is too hot too handle. While I wish it wasn't so, I think small steps are the best hope at introducing non-threatening change.

Well siad.

pappu
08-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Some of you newbies to this process are unaware of the issues around this and I wish you would take the time to educate yourself on this issue rather than simply exuding unbridled optimism.
485 application does not imply approval. Next, with the current processing delays, you are not guaranteed a EAD/AP in any period of time. My latest one(3rd EAD) took nearly 4 1/2 months for no explicable reason whatsoever. The last NSC processing times show they are processing application of March 26th............and just think that is BEFORE the 485 tsunami. They are asking you to apply 6 months ahead now(with all the attendant expense) for a card that has less than 1 yr validity by the time it gets to you. So pretty much within less than 6 months of getting it you have to get ready for the next rounds.
If there are reckless/carefree moves of job or job losses and unemployment then at the time of adjudication issues can arise.
Do you think the applications that went in now are going to get adjudicated anytime soon? Unless visa numbers are expanded approvals will not see the light of day for years........probably 4-5 yrs for EB India. It would not be uncommon for people to be on their 5th and 6th EAD cards in this horror scenario. As someone already pointed out the precedence for this has already been set with the 20yr waiting times for family based application. Sorry but I don't think you presented a balanced view in your post.
How is any of this as good as a green card?

Yup. Getting EAD and AP is not getting a greencard. There is a long road and lot of worries ahead.
Senior members or members who already have EAD and AP for past several years can better educate new members on this.

Saralayar
08-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Yup. Getting EAD and AP is not getting a greencard. There is a long road and lot of worries ahead.
Senior members or members who already have EAD and AP for past several years can better educate new members on this.
Mr.Pappu.
I need the access rights to create or post a new thread in this forum. Thanks.

n2k
08-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi All, I am a newbie here and I am in search of some info reg I-485 withdrawal. I am currently single and am in a dilemma as to whether I should go forward with filing for my I-485. In case I do go ahead with my filing, is there any way I could withdraw my I-485 ? (In the event that my marital status is single when processing dates beome current).

Also are there options available to delay the I-485 approval process ?
Any responses from experts is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

canleo98
08-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Hi All, I am a newbie here and I am in search of some info reg I-485 withdrawal. I am currently single and am in a dilemma as to whether I should go forward with filing for my I-485. In case I do go ahead with my filing, is there any way I could withdraw my I-485 ? (In the event that my marital status is single when processing dates beome current).

File your I-485 without Medicals. It will help you to control, delay or get rejected on technical grounds. Now it is possible to file I-485 without medicals.

n2k
08-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Canleo98, Thanks for the suggestion !

swo
08-13-2007, 11:39 AM
File your I-485 without Medicals. It will help you to control, delay or get rejected on technical grounds. Now it is possible to file I-485 without medicals.

There is no guarantees with this approach.

If you want to withdraw it, you can simply do that specifically. I'm not sure how, but contact CIS and they will tell you.

eeezzz
08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree with this..four of my friends whose priority date is in the first quarter of 2004 got their GC approved in the month of july..

I believe they do so to make sure there will be no more case to get in the door. And so they can do some calculation/expection for how long can they process all these cases they receive on Jul/Aug and adjust the date accordingly.

The original post about the possible error for EB-3 category. I think it is more like a typo in between worldwide and China. I think they meant to put on EB-3 worldwide for Apr.22 2005 and China Aug.1 2002.

ohpdfeb2003
08-13-2007, 11:48 AM

Actually, it should be very simple, if you dont respond to fingerprint notice your application will be considerd abandoned