PDA

View Full Version : Can we file lawsuit for this Receipt date 07/112007 typo?

Novice
08-04-2007, 06:23 AM
August 03 2007 USCIS Receipt date update from Nebraska has Typo. It has menioned 07/112007 instead of 07/11/2007 or something.
If anyof us submit an application with minor error like wrong check amount USCIS rejects the application instead of giving RFE, however, when USCIS issues updates with Typo it covers itself with the another update or doesn't bother?
I think, appilcants are at the descretion at the hand of USCIS?

plassey
08-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Go get a life...
August 03 2007 USCIS Receipt date update from Nebraska has Typo. It has menioned 07/112007 instead of 07/11/2007 or something.
If anyof us submit an application with minor error like wrong check amount USCIS rejects the application instead of giving RFE, however, when USCIS issues updates with Typo it covers itself with the another update or doesn't bother?

chanduv23
08-04-2007, 08:04 AM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11694&page=2

This is the action item for the weekend

GC08
08-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Of course. If not, we will fight for the right. The whole green card mess has come to the boiling point, where honest/patient people can no longer stand it any more, mainly due to the incompetency, mismanagement and even potentially unethecial behavior of those agencies. If they continue their sloppy work, they will continue screw people up. :rolleyes:

vxb2004
08-04-2007, 01:18 PM
No Use to fight for a typo. We have bigger fish to fry!:)

nixstor
08-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Novice,

You are really being a greenhorn here [un]intentionally. Please focus your efforts towards DC rally. Start updating your profile and come out of the anonymous crowd.

Thanks

CADude
08-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Go for it.:D :D :D :D Lawsuits become joke here :D :D

morchu
08-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Yes you can.
Me? Sorry not interested.

I dont consider USCIS to be our enemy. They are our friend, and I still believe the uscis is there to help us. It is just that they are not up to our expectations.

leo2606
08-04-2007, 09:37 PM
What do you want to achieve by law suite for this?

mukuraj
08-04-2007, 09:47 PM

Can we sue you for your "menioned" typo :)

leo2606
08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
:D :D :D

makemygc
08-04-2007, 09:53 PM

Money that you have set aside to file the lawsuit, if you donate it to IV, we all might get the GC sooner. Now...please contribute rather than thinking of lawsuit day n night.

makemygc
08-04-2007, 09:54 PM

This is hilarious...this guy/gal has become a joke. I'm sure he/she must have changed his id by now.

javadeveloper
08-04-2007, 11:12 PM
We can't sue them, and even if we sue them we can't get anything. But how come they can make some silly mistakes like that for an important announcement like that. As a developer I really suspect CIS's development/testing team's abilities. Guys Take It Easy and have fun, but don't try to humiliate fellow member.

swo
08-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Of course. If not, we will fight for the right. The whole green card mess has come to the boiling point, where honest/patient people can no longer stand it any more, mainly due to the incompetency, mismanagement and even potentially unethecial behavior of those agencies. If they continue their sloppy work, they will continue screw people up. :rolleyes:

I totally disagree with you. Their estimations are poor. That I will grant without a moment's hesitation.

But the problem is that the actual design of the process is just plain inefficient. The workflow is broken. More importantly, the number of visas that are available to EB applicants does not reflect the number required to handle the demand. THAT is our biggest single source of frustration.

Overall, my dealings with USCIS staff have been good. They have been courteous and informative within in the bounds of the information that have available.

By the way typos are nothing to do with incompetence. If I got a nickel for every badly written post here I would be wealthy beyond my dreams. Typos have to be expected when hundreds of thousands of receipts are issued. Or perhaps you'd like them to slow down a bit and take more time in creating typo-free receipts?

Mplsmani
08-04-2007, 11:37 PM
No offense, I can't stop of laughing.

Guys,
Novice will be better back of than suing USCIS ):

Cheers
Mani

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukuraj
Can we sue you for your "menioned" typo

This is hilarious...this guy/gal has become a joke. I'm sure he/she must have changed his id by now.

ivvm
08-04-2007, 11:42 PM
So Novice when are you suing....Keep us posted ;)

avi_ny
08-04-2007, 11:54 PM

Your application is filed. Is that not enough. Slow down and have some fun...

avi_ny
08-04-2007, 11:58 PM

:) :) :) :)

TIND_CT
08-05-2007, 12:40 AM

LOL LOL LOL..............................................
I tried but can't stop it LOL LOL.................................

paisa>cents
08-05-2007, 12:53 AM
seek ajmer 's help to file lawsuit..

like_watching_paint_dry
08-05-2007, 02:07 AM

Sure you can file a lawsuit!!

I think the USCIS director would really appreciate a Tuxedo!!!! :D

bombaysardar
08-05-2007, 02:15 AM
get a life

anilsal
08-05-2007, 02:46 AM
Can everyone who replied on this thread, please show us your signature with your contribution status? If not, you are no different from the original thread creator (novice). Stop making fun of him. Start making fun of yourself if you are just a forum user without any contributions to IV's efforts, mainly monetary.