PDA

View Full Version : Long term effects of july fiasco

mambarg
08-05-2007, 07:13 PM
With 700K predicted applications pending From July ,
Was just wondering what will be long term effects.
Imagine they process a very conservation 200K apps for EAD/AP/485 in say 6 months and issue EAD for 1 year.
Now coming July which is 6 months prior to expiry of 1st EAD.
There will be 200K applications again in june/july/aug for EAD renewal/AP renewal ?

It is like any surge in electric voltage generally blows away the device.
I am expecting something this surge will blow away their fingerprint/fbi name check/INS staff , everyone.
I think now INS wants to put these into queues of FBI/DOS and put the blame ly on them.
Over the period of next 1 year or so, everyone who is in EB3 will migrate to EB2 as he can switch job in EAD and then process another Labor/140 without getting affected ??

What if all the background adjudication of 485 is done in 1 year and then we change from EB3 to EB2, its not going to affect the current 485 ? It will just put the file in a better category ?

sbdol
08-05-2007, 07:33 PM

What if all the background adjudication of 485 is done in 1 year and then we change from EB3 to EB2, its not going to affect the current 485 ? It will just put the file in a better category ?
If every EB3 is ported to EB2 then EB2 will retrogress to 2001 and EB3 will become current.

kumar1
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM
If every EB3 is ported to EB2 then EB2 will retrogress to 2001 and EB3 will become current.

I must tell you......I loved your response.

dante1271
08-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Like your thoughts on these topic... pardon me for my ignorance but whats the big deal about Name Check? will this take longer than the rest of the processing stages?

paskal
08-05-2007, 08:05 PM
this number has been thrown around a lot
per uscis as of July 27 they had 75K pieces of mail
so maybe 125K applications including families.
this will increase a bit, so let's say 175K or 200K
still quite different from 700K

anilsal
08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
get relief from retrogression. Capture of unused visa numbers etc will make us ignore how many apps USCIS received.

Good thing is that people will get interim benefits like EAD/AP.

Libra
08-05-2007, 09:32 PM
To capture unused visa numbers we need to make DC rally big, so lets go to DC on sept 13th and make it big success.......

get relief from retrogression. Capture of unused visa numbers etc will make us ignore how many apps USCIS received.

anilsal
08-05-2007, 09:34 PM
To capture unused visa numbers we need to make DC rally big, so lets go to DC on sept 13th and make it big success.......

Nice....;)

Also we need everyone to help out in spreading IV work at the local level (state level). Plus IV welcomes contributions. :)

mchundi
08-05-2007, 10:16 PM

First they need to cope with the scores of petetions, USCIS and FBI.
For how long will they work overtime to resolve this mess? such bouts as the one we saw in the last two weeks of june are short and few. If they are smart they will flush out the approvable cases early without going thru the EAD cycles year after year.
This is exactly opposite to what they have been doing. If there were 60k approvable cases, i wonder what they were doing all this time. Approving those cases earlier wud have allowed others to get in the system earlier.
Additional VISA numbers may not help anybody, if they don't use them properly

paskal
08-05-2007, 10:23 PM
delighted to hear you are finalizing your plans
let me know when you have things in place, also if i can help you in any way. we should encourage more mn members to join us in DC, maybe even plan on making some calls. your motivation should serve as inspiration to others!

gc_chahiye
08-05-2007, 11:58 PM
this number has been thrown around a lot
per uscis as of July 27 they had 75K pieces of mail
so maybe 125K applications including families.
this will increase a bit, so let's say 175K or 200K
still quite different from 700K

per that visa bulletin preediction mail from Jan Pedersons lawfirm USCIS recevied 75k applications within 2 days of July. NOT by July 27th. Anyway will need to wait for USCIS stats to see how many they get by Aug 17th, but looking at how most lawfirms are still very busy with 485 filing I would expect a number midway between 200K and 700K (atleast!)

paskal
08-06-2007, 12:51 AM
the number 75K by 7/27 came from USCIS not Pederson

gc_chahiye
08-06-2007, 12:54 AM
the number 75K by 7/27 came from USCIS not Pederson

can you post a link please? I read through their press releases on their website and did not see this, must have missed it.

thanks for clarifying that.

anilsal
08-06-2007, 01:45 AM
First they need to cope with the scores of petetions, USCIS and FBI.
For how long will they work overtime to resolve this mess? such bouts as the one we saw in the last two weeks of june are short and few. If they are smart they will flush out the approvable cases early without going thru the EAD cycles year after year.
This is exactly opposite to what they have been doing. If there were 60k approvable cases, i wonder what they were doing all this time. Approving those cases earlier wud have allowed others to get in the system earlier.
Additional VISA numbers may not help anybody, if they don't use them properly
Hopefully things will get better from now onwards?? ;) Maybe the july VB being current was a sign that things in the future will be bright. We can just hope, be positive and support IV in its efforts. :)

Now that IV is 22K members strong. Just imagine how much of a difference we all can make. :) Great journey within 2 years.

venky08
08-06-2007, 04:05 AM
capturing visa numbers would put an end to our misery. and increasing the employment based visa will pave way for future immigrants. handling a few thousand more cases is not a big deal for USCIS(there may be performance issues but not like difficulty of hiring more people to do the stuff!). don't get panicky about the number. it should be lot less than you would think.

mallu
08-06-2007, 04:29 AM
Like your thoughts on these topic... pardon me for my ignorance but whats the big deal about Name Check? will this take longer than the rest of the processing stages?

According to USCIS Ombudsman 1/3rd of cases are pending more than 1 year due to namecheck. Also there are many cases stuck for more than 3 years. E

ss1026
08-06-2007, 09:58 AM
According to USCIS Ombudsman 1/3rd of cases are pending more than 1 year due to namecheck. Also there are many cases stuck for more than 3 years. E

I think that 1/3 of PENDING cases have been stuck for more than one year, not 1/3 of all cases. Trust me if 1/3 of all cases were stuck for more than one year, there would be a huge outcry

kaisersose
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
capturing visa numbers would put an end to our misery. and increasing the employment based visa will pave way for future immigrants. handling a few thousand more cases is not a big deal for USCIS(there may be performance issues but not like difficulty of hiring more people to do the stuff!). don't get panicky about the number. it should be lot less than you would think.

I think 700K is an exaggeration too. One top attorney was saying that he has filed only a few hundred cases in July. if you assign an average of 250 cases for every attorney in the US, we need two thousand attorneys to arrive at 500K.

If DOS/USCIS can recapture unused visa numbers and stop assigning visa numbers to family members of EB category applicants, I think that will work very well without increasing EB quota.

shekhar10c
08-06-2007, 10:24 AM
on 2nd july itself, USCIS received 55k applications(including family) and by 27th july the no rose to 75k.

can you post a link please? I read through their press releases on their website and did not see this, must have missed it.

thanks for clarifying that.

gc_chahiye
08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
on 2nd july itself, USCIS received 55k applications(including family) and by 27th july the no rose to 75k.

can you post a link please? I must have missed this article. Was this a USCIS press release or a comment in some interview? Post a URL please...