PDA

View Full Version : H1 Stamping & Canadian PR Landing together?

shree09
08-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi,
I need some info. about whether it is good idea to do Canadian PR Landing and H1B extension stamping in one visit to Canada?

Here is the situation:
------------------
1. I got Canadian PR approval. I have submitted passport for stamping. After They mail it back to me, I need to travel to Canada(want to go to Vancouver) and at the border apply for PR Landing forms.
2. I have H1B extension approval but need stamping as I need to travel to INdia later this year on vacation. So when I go to canada, can I go to US Consulate apply for stamping and come back to US with same stamping???

I dont have AP so I cannot come back to US without the stamping. So what is the best solution in this case.?

I need to land in Canada before May 2008.

Your help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

vkmm
08-07-2007, 03:58 PM
You should be able to do your landing and H1 stamping with no problem.

I have done the same last year. Process is very smooth and of course not dependent on each other.

rexjamla
08-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I did it successfully in Toronto.
While entering Canada I showed them my Canadian Immigration papers and told them I will bring my stuff from US in second round. I did not tell Canadian Immigration officer that I came for US visa stamp.
However You can tell at US consulate that you landed in Canada as Canadian Immigrant and while coming back in US at the border. They won't mind.

Good Luck!:)

gsc999
08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi,
I need some info. about whether it is good idea to do Canadian PR Landing and H1B extension stamping in one visit to Canada?

Here is the situation:
------------------

Your help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

--
Yes, I just spoke with another IV member who is in your situation and he is visting Canada later this month to take care of this issue

rameshvaid
08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I did the same with my family in 05. Pretty simple. Go for it. Good Luck. Make sure MARK YES to the question of Your Status in Canada as Permanent Landed Immigrant while filling up the form for H1 intervies at American Embassy.

maniac
08-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Make sure you take landing papers to US embassy with you to prove that you entered Canada legally. There should not be any problems.

msandhu
08-07-2007, 05:33 PM
You can do landing and H1-Stamping at the same time in canada. You do not need stamped visa to come back to US from Canada as long as you have your H1 extension papers with you and you come back in 30 days

apb
08-07-2007, 05:55 PM
--
Yes, I just spoke with another IV member who is in your situation and he is visiting Canada later this month to take care of this issue

Yes that is ME..:-) I am still contemplating risking my FP (anytime soon) against my H1B stamping name check that could come up or use AVR and go back for H1B stamping later.
The same appointment could be used by my wife to stamp her H4.
testtesttest has gone to Canada today for PR stamping and he is going to use AVR to reenter US. I might do the same right now.

For me I have a arrest record for driving with suspended license (non payment of ticket) for which I was fingerprinted and photographed though I have police clearance letter from SJPD.

If you are sure that you do not have any records like this then go for stamping of H1 also. It is perfectly OK to get both PR landing and H1B stamping done.

MLS
08-07-2007, 06:22 PM
I may be wrong but I remember reading that sometime back US made rule that the h1 stamping can be done only at your home country (country of nationality). So doubel check on that.

s_r_e_e
08-07-2007, 06:35 PM
We did my wife's h4 stamping when landed in canada for PR. this was 3 years ago..
________
Connita live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Connita)

Curious_Techie
08-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I came back on Sunday after landing with a expired visa but valid H1B till 2010
My family had valid visa till sept 07

aries
08-07-2007, 08:35 PM
I came back on Sunday after landing with a expired visa but valid H1B till 2010
My family had valid visa till sept 07

So we donot need a valid stamped visa to come back. ? We can come back if we have H1 papers.Thanks for the respose.

h1extn
08-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Hi All
If I migrate to Canada as a temporary worker, is it possible to come back to USA in H1B visa after one year if some company in USA is willing to sponser my H1B ? or there are any restrictions? please help

shree09
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied.

I have got sufficient replies so it looks like it is OK to do both H1 Stamping and landing together.

Do you have any suggestions for the canadian places. I heard Vancouver is popular.
Is one place better than another one..

Any info will be really helpful