PDA

View Full Version : priority date is current

darshan1226
03-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Hello all,

My priority date is current, can someone tell me what should i do next beside waiting?

Thank you.

raj1998
03-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Hello all,

My priority date is current, can someone tell me what should i do next beside waiting?

Thank you.

donate to IV :)

redcard
03-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Hello all,

Thank you.

Hey Darshan,

Here is the list of things people do when their date is current.. it might work or not work all depends on how sincere you are in your efforts :-

1. Visit the temple the day visa bulletin comes out and then almost regularly till the date remains current.
2. Thereafter pray almost all the time hoping the God at USCIS will send a CPO /Welcome email.
3. They promise God lots of bribe inform of future offerings if they get the GC.
4. Ask and request the parents /family back home also to offer prayers

The above steps seem to have worked in some cases. Some folks who are not very smart and have wasted lots of productive hours and prime years of their life reading every post do the following

1. Using POJ method they call up Service Center almost every day till they are successful in opening a service request. Thereafter they continue to call the service center till they can get through to an officer who generally does not promise anything.
2. Some dumber folks call up their senator's office and request for help.
3. Others write letter to the ombudsman
4. Some others take infopass appointment and visit the USCIS office hoping to find out the status of the application (Usually it does not help)

Almost everybody checks their online case status every other minute to see if their has been any activity and if there is any activity they immediately gets on this board and try to ask the question that what could the LUD mean..

But some of the smartest folks or rather the dumbest just forget about if their date, continue to enjoy life and mostly end up getting the cards without loosing any sleep or loosing hair over this matter. In the meanwhile they work on some innovative idea like making an Iphone /android phone which automatically alerts if their is an LUD on your application and sell the same to the folks in the above two category..

AND SOME OF THE FOOLS LIKE ME WHOSE DATE IS NOT CURRENT READ THREADS AND PREDICTIONS OF OTHER FOOLS IN THESE FORUMS AND REPLY TO THREADS AT 11 PM ..

amsgc
03-16-2010, 12:50 AM
I cannot stop laughing - makes the two of us at 11pm :)

Hey Darshan,

AND SOME OF THE FOOLS LIKE ME WHOSE DATE IS NOT CURRENT READ THREADS AND PREDICTIONS OF OTHER FOOLS IN THESE FORUMS AND REPLY TO THREADS AT 11 PM ..

godspeed
03-16-2010, 10:54 AM
wow, very well articulated penmanship, couldn't express it any better.

I share your frustration in this regard...

but doesn't hurt to be optimistic till the last day ........... :-)

Hey Darshan,

u.misc
03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Hello all,

Thank you.

You can have Sexy Parties.
You can binge drink
You can tie two green leaves, one at your butt and one in the front and run on the street as symbol of your priority date being current

dealsnet
03-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Just statement is not enough. Put your PD and details on your profile.
Do the rituals which IV members suggested.

Check mail, email, call USCIS every day.

Hello all,

Thank you.

kumar1
03-16-2010, 02:05 PM
There is another category -- those who know more about activites on Murthy 'ji's' web site than their own actual work project. Their life is surrounded by LUD, RD, ND, PD, RFE, ATP, LIN and Infopass......Only after living here for 8-10 years you realize that it ain't gonna help you in any possible way.

In my opinion after spending 10 years on H1/L1 in this country, USCIS should allow the person to file a new GC petition under religious worker category.

looneytunezez
03-16-2010, 02:54 PM
funny..... remember "green" on St. Patrick's Day (viz Mar17)......

You can have Sexy Parties.
You can binge drink
You can tie two green leaves, one at your butt and one in the front and run on the street as symbol of your priority date being current

pr.11.2011
10-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Hello all,

I have been reading several posts in the past few years over here. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. Many of them were very helpful.

My priority date for I-485/adjustment of status became current on Oct. 1, 2011. My case was with Nebraska Service Center. I applied on EB-2.

My green card approval email reached me Oct. 6, 2011 about 6 PM PST telling it is being printed and will be sent to me in the next 30 days. :) (I have remained with the same job and the same employer throughout the process.)

When I knew that my priority date is going to get current, I did some online search and found several things like service request, writing to senator, etc., But luckily I had a good immigration attorney (through whom I applied for green card), and this is what she told me:

A service request doesnít speed up the case. Itís something that is done if a case is way past processing time. And, even then, I have not found them useful since it takes at least 45-60 days to get a response. Thereís another mechanism we use, that is available to attorneys where we email the USCIS to remind them that your priority date is now current.

Your priority date becomes current Oct. 1. On Oct. 1, the USCIS will start adjudicating cases in order of priority date, taking the oldest first. So, you need to be patient, it usually takes them a few months to work through all the cases eligible for processing and they do that by adjudicating the oldest cases first.

After I received that email, I thought to myself "I have waited 4+ years for the I-485 priority date to get current and why should I get anxious now over a few months?" So I did nothing after the priority date became current. Didn't even check the USCIS site... and lo, and behold, 6 days after the priority date became current, the green card was approved.

eagerapplicant
10-07-2011, 12:07 PM
congratulations on your GC. You have a good attorney.

Can you share your priority date with us?

That will help us track the dates.

Hello all,

I have been reading several posts in the past few years over here. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. Many of them were very helpful.

My priority date for I-485/adjustment of status became current on Oct. 1, 2011. My case was with Nebraska Service Center. I applied on EB-2.

My green card approval email reached me Oct. 6, 2011 about 6 PM PST telling it is being printed and will be sent to me in the next 30 days. :) (I have remained with the same job and the same employer throughout the process.)

When I knew that my priority date is going to get current, I did some online search and found several things like service request, writing to senator, etc., But luckily I had a good immigration attorney (through whom I applied for green card), and this is what she told me:

A service request doesnít speed up the case. Itís something that is done if a case is way past processing time. And, even then, I have not found them useful since it takes at least 45-60 days to get a response. Thereís another mechanism we use, that is available to attorneys where we email the USCIS to remind them that your priority date is now current.

Your priority date becomes current Oct. 1. On Oct. 1, the USCIS will start adjudicating cases in order of priority date, taking the oldest first. So, you need to be patient, it usually takes them a few months to work through all the cases eligible for processing and they do that by adjudicating the oldest cases first.

After I received that email, I thought to myself "I have waited 4+ years for the I-485 priority date to get current and why should I get anxious now over a few months?" So I did nothing after the priority date became current. Didn't even check the USCIS site... and lo, and behold, 6 days after the priority date became current, the green card was approved.

archie116
10-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to share the good news & wish you all the best.

Our (self & family) 485 was approved on 10/4/11. I got the text alerts /email the same evening.
Center - TSC
PD -4/26/07
EB2

Regards

royu
10-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Hello all,

Thank you.

Here are few thing you can do :
1) Best thing is to help others with your experience of Journey.
2) Help few poor peple in your home country
3) Open business to hire unemployeed people
4) You can also do thing as posted previously by others.
5) .................................................. .........................
6) :D