PDA

View Full Version : I-140 Notice Returned - Effect on 485 App

batakachata
08-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Folks - I have a question for all of you knowledgeable folks - this may not be the right thread but I could not find any better place to post.

My 140 was approved from NSC in March 2006 - The lawyer received the approval notice but the company copy was returned as our office had moved and USCIS records were not updated (even though the lawyer had send the change in address letter).

Since then (more than a year now) my lawyer has sent 2 reminders but the online status still shows "On March 6, 2006, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent."

Finally, my HR Manager personally called the 800 number above and changed the address in late July 2007 - she was told that the notice will be resent in 45 days. (not seen yet but it has been just 35 or so days)

Question - Will this impact my 485 processing (filed at NSC on July 2nd - no updates yet)???? We do have 1 original with us (received by lawyer).

Sorry for the long story - but wanted to give the b/g.