PDA

View Full Version : Great News! Looks like PERM is now taking 7 months!

Jaime
03-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Read the Murthy article, looks like DOL is stepping up PERM approvals for non-audited cases (now let's just pray we who are waiting for PERM don't get audited!)

Best of luck to all!

MurthyDotCom : Stepped-Up PERM / LC Processing (http://murthy.com/news/n_stepup.html)

vdesai_8
03-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks for sharing!

cmphr
03-29-2010, 03:06 PM
My friend's PERM got approved in 5 days in Dec '09. His I-140 got approved in 3 weeks in March '10. This could be an exceptional case as I have not seen any other such approvals..

gopinathan
03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
so much for FIFO ... they say that they are approving PERM applied in June/July 09 and anyone I know is getting their approvals by above rate only.. your friend's PERM must be an outlier in terms of approvals. mine is Feb 2010.. need to wait another few months before PERM approval :)

My friend's PERM got approved in 5 days in Dec '09. His I-140 got approved in 3 weeks in March '10. This could be an exceptional case as I have not seen any other such approvals..

pappu
03-29-2010, 03:37 PM

If he is ROW EB2 he will get his greencard soon. I485 processing times are reduced to 4 months average per USCIS Director.

roseball
03-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Read the Murthy article, looks like DOL is stepping up PERM approvals for non-audited cases (now let's just pray we who are waiting for PERM don't get audited!)

Best of luck to all!

MurthyDotCom : Stepped-Up PERM / LC Processing (http://murthy.com/news/n_stepup.html)

As per my attorney, number of PERM applications filed in 2nd half of 2009 is very low (He has some good contacts at Atlanta DOL). He was expecting all 2009 non-audited cases to be processed in a couple of months....Not getting audited is the key in PERM process. My PERM will be finally filed this week, and I am hoping its not going be audited (MS + 6 yrs or BS + 8 yrs exp, 4G Mobile Communications R&D) though my attorney feels it will be....Keeping my fingers crossed...A successful EB3 to Eb2 conversion seems to be the only hope...

ksvreg
03-29-2010, 05:05 PM
As per my attorney, number of PERM applications filed in 2nd half of 2009 is very low (He has some good contacts at Atlanta DOL). He was expecting all 2009 non-audited cases to be processed in a couple of months....Not getting audited is the key in PERM process. My PERM will be finally filed this week, and I am hoping its not going be audited (MS + 6 yrs or BS + 8 yrs exp, 4G Mobile Communications R&D) though my attorney feels it will be....Keeping my fingers crossed...A successful EB3 to Eb2 conversion seems to be the only hope...

How long the process took before filing? How much time for PWD alone?

roseball
03-29-2010, 05:15 PM
How long the process took before filing? How much time for PWD alone?

It took almost 6 months.....But typically it only requires around 3-4 months (considering PWD response in 1-2 weeks)....My PWD was filed in the first week of Jan and it took about 3 weeks to get a response back it seems, though I am not aware of the exact dates as I was not involved in this whole process. I only came to know about it due to my frequent emails to my manager and attorney asking for status..:-)......Mine is a large corporation (400k+ employees) so things move really slow process wise....I felt from start to filing of PERM, it should take about 4 months max...But it really depends on the number of resumes received and the time taken to screen them....If candidates are found who have to be interviewed, it could take a little more time....

gopinathan
03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
your case seems to be completed before Jan 29th 2010 deadline. from my understanding, all new applications after that date should go through a central (federal) PWD and that system is taking its sweet time..

my application from a big company was filed recently. same process issues but they completed the prevailing wage issue just before the deadline.

ksvreg - if you are looking for the new timelines, I don't know about those either..

...My PWD was filed in the first week of Jan and it took about 3 weeks to get a response back it seems, ..

grimreaper
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
I have filed PERM in Nov-2009 and am still waiting. I am a Physician and hope not to get audited. Let us see.

krishmunn
03-29-2010, 08:21 PM
This is definitely good news for people who are in PERM stage but this also means fewer spill overs since all ROW EB-2 who were waiting for PERM will now file 485

roseball
03-29-2010, 09:31 PM
This is definitely good news for people who are in PERM stage but this also means fewer spill overs since all ROW EB-2 who were waiting for PERM will now file 485

In addition, with the economy picking up, I believe there will be a lot more people who will be porting their old EB-3 I PDs by starting a new Eb-2 case....effectively consuming more EB-2 I numbers but with no forward PD movement.

rb_248
03-30-2010, 12:02 PM
If he is ROW EB2 he will get his greencard soon. I485 processing times are reduced to 4 months average per USCIS Director.

A former colleague of mine from B'Desh got his GC in 14 weeks.

ROW EB2 are talking in terms of weeks, not even months. We, on the other hand are talking in terms of decades, not even years.

go_guy123
03-30-2010, 03:06 PM
A former colleague of mine from B'Desh got his GC in 14 weeks.

ROW EB2 are talking in terms of weeks, not even months. We, on the other hand are talking in terms of decades, not even years.

That is exactly the reason why per country quota removal is a difficult task. ROW has lots at stake in ensuring that per country quota is not removed. Fighting for a bigger pie is easier than fighting for a greater slice of the pie.

satyasrd
03-30-2010, 04:57 PM
I am not really sure why this really makes a difference. My perm was approved in EB3 in about 7 months but if I have to wait 30 years to get a GC what difference does it make ?!?

gc_dedo
03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
I am not really sure why this really makes a difference. My perm was approved in EB3 in about 7 months but if I have to wait 30 years to get a GC what difference does it make ?!?
It makes a difference for people who are porting from EB3 to EB2

kumar1305
03-30-2010, 06:48 PM

It makes a difference to me as I'm already in the 6th year.

smuggymba
03-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Finally my PERM was filed today. I'm just praying everything gets approved smoothly.:D

The attorney said they are processing cases as of aug 2009. Fingers crossed.

smuggymba
03-30-2010, 09:34 PM
To the Admins - I went in to update my PD on the profile, the latest date is oct 2009. Can you please update.

Bhaskar_80
05-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi,

Yes. PERM is taking close to 7 months if not stuck in Audit. My case was filed on 10/12/2009.

My employer saw that the status of my case changed to Certified in the following website
yesterday. So approximately it is taking b/w 7 to 8 months which is good news.

http://www.plc.doleta.gov/splash.cfm

Can anybody let me know, how long will it take to get the approval notice in hand.

Thanks and Regards