PDA

View Full Version : You! Yes, You! Change Your Mind And Attend the Rally!

Jaime
09-04-2007, 12:37 PM
You still have time to arrange your plans and attend! Hereís why you should come:

You have probably made up your mind not to attend the rally. Perhaps you think that already many people will attend and that one more or one less person (You) will not make a difference. But it will! In fact, letís not even think about whether one more or one less person will make a difference. Rather, I invite you to think this way: Do it because itís right! Do it for yourself! Think to yourself that you would do this even if you were the only person attending the rally. Think of Gandhi. Think of Martin Luther King.

You have been very frustrated for years with this broken immigration system, right? Perhaps youíve been stuck for years, no raises, spouse cannot work, children aging out? How many times have you wanted to tell Congress whatís on your mind? This is likely your ONLY CHANCE to do so! Again, think of this in terms of you attending even if you were the only person attending. Attend because you are mad. Attend because you want to see change. Attend to make yourself visible, and make everyone out there know of your silent struggle. The silent struggle that you have had to put up for years. Even if thatís all you do, you will feel better. People will know the unfairness that you have been treated with! Attend because IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO! If your friends are not attending, try to convince them, but if they choose not to go, donít let that influence you! Sometimes in life we have to do things just because they are right, no other reason. Will this rally work? Will lawmakers listen? Will my employer be mad that I took a day off? Will I have to spend $500 to get there? None of that matters! The only reason of why you should attend is because you have been abused, and you will not take it! You have dignity! You will go and tell Congress to stop messing with you unfairly. You have the power, freedom and OBLIGATION to do so! Your children will be proud of you. If you do not attend the rally, it will be a once-in-a-lifetime lost opportunity! LETíS GO! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaime
09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Learn from MLK. He ended Opression. We can end Retrogression!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.

ramus
09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Lets see how many come forward after reading this and join rally...

walking_dude
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
We are not asking for any special rights or entitlement. We are not doing anthing illegal. We are just petitioning the government to treat us - fairly - in the spirit of the founding charter of this nation, Declaration of Independence - That all men are created equal, and deserve equal chances in the Pursuit of Happiness.

No one can harm us for rallying to our cause. Our actions are protected by the First ammendment which gives Freedom of Speech and Expression to even the non-citizens.

natrajs
09-04-2007, 01:44 PM
We are not asking for any special rights or entitlement. We are not doing anthing illegal. We are just petitioning the government to treat us - fairly - in the spirit of the founding charter of this nation, Declaration of Independence - That all men are created equal, and deserve equal chances in the Pursuit of Happiness.

No one can harm us for rallying to our cause. Our actions are protected by the First ammendment which gives Freedom of Speech and Expression to even the non-citizens.

Will be there in DC

chanduv23
09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
People just don't want to soil their hands in cleaning their house but want others to do it for them.

Lot of people consider it below dignity to do something about GC related stuff, many just want to live they way they are, no ambitions, no motivation to work towards a change.

Jaime
09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
People just don't want to soil their hands in cleaning their house but want others to do it for them.

Lot of people consider it below dignity to do something about GC related stuff, many just want to live they way they are, no ambitions, no motivation to work towards a change.

You are right! But many others do! And many that currently don't are just misinformed, and I believe that they can have a change of heart and attend the rally once they see it is the right thing to do!

ramus
09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
To add to this.. Some will think that something good just going to happen since next year is election.. Not sure what makes them think that..

Some are extremely negative-- They will say doesn't matter what you guys do,nothing will happen.

Libra
and few people asked me ' are you crazy? why you are doing all this for GC?'

chanduv23
You are right! But many others do! And many that currently don't are just misinformed, and I believe that they can have a change of heart and attend the rally once they see it is the right thing to do!

Persistence from all of us is the key here. U r doing a great job :)

akhilmahajan
09-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Folks its September 18th or Never.
This rally is going to affect a lot of things in the near future.

So think over it. Think hard and do the best for urself.

It for U not for anyone else.
Its for your spouses and your aging out kids.
Its for your career and your growth.

IN ALL ITS FOR YOUR AND YOUR FAMILY'S BETTERMENT

vamsi_poondla
09-04-2007, 02:12 PM
We should attend. It matters a lot.. Even uneducated farmers fight for their right. Why should we not show some solidarity and let the nation hear our voice?

chanduv23
09-04-2007, 02:19 PM
To add to this.. Some will think that something good just going to happen since next year is election.. Not sure what makes them think that..

Some are extremely negative-- They will say doesn't matter what you guys do,nothing will happen.

Those with negative opinions - they do not do much in life too - most of these wake up late in morning, go to work, watch TV , lazy in weekends , play cards, chat on phone , always spend a lot of hours on the internet researching for some crappy deals on electronic goods - the time, if well spent is worth more than what they save on buying the item.

Though it is difficult to change their attitude - it is possible, we must be persistent in our effort.

gbarquero
09-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Very good. If I can go, I am sure you can go too. If I can afford to buy some plane tickets, you can too. If I can take a day off, you can do it too. This little time and money is nothing compared to your next few visits to your attorney's office when is time to renew that I am sure you're tired of doing.
I want to do it for my family, you do it for your family and then educate somebody else so they can go too. Next thing you know, we'll be a lot and we'll be heard.
If you don't go to D.C. you'll feel bad when you see that we succeeded and you did nothing about it!!!! just taking a "free ride" All of us are enjoying the results from the flower campaign and the S.J. rally. So we know we can do it again.

When you get your GC faster than expected, you'll feel so guilty.

We'll be there, I want to be proud that I did my part!!!!!

Thank you guys!!!

Jaime
09-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Very good. If I can go, I am sure you can go too. If I can afford to buy some plane tickets, you can too. If I can take a day off, you can do it too. This little time and money is nothing compared to your next few visits to your attorney's office when is time to renew that I am sure you're tired of doing.
I want to do it for my family, you do it for your family and then educate somebody else so they can go too. Next thing you know, we'll be a lot and we'll be heard.
If you don't go to D.C. you'll feel bad when you see that we succeeded and you did nothing about it!!!! just taking a "free ride" All of us are enjoying the results from the flower campaign and the S.J. rally. So we know we can do it again.

When you get your GC faster than expected, you'll feel so guilty.

We'll be there, I want to be proud that I did my part!!!!!

Thank you guys!!!

Thanks man! Great attitude!

Think about it, everyone can make it! We have already prevailed against so many odds! (The first of which was to get a job in the U.S. with so much worldwide competition for our positions). If people really want something they will do it! The key is to convince yourself that you want to go to the rally because you think it will be useful to you! (Trust me, it will, but you need to convince yourself! At least TRY!!!!) We can do this!!!

Rockford
09-04-2007, 03:36 PM
You still have time to arrange your plans and attend! Hereís why you should come:

..................... Rather, I invite you to think this way: Do it because itís right! Do it for yourself! Think to yourself that you would do this even if you were the only person attending the rally. Think of Gandhi. Think of Martin Luther King.

.................... If you do not attend the rally, it will be a once-in-a-lifetime lost opportunity! LETíS GO! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaime , Very good post and very encouraging. It will change at least a few minds.

............- most of these wake up late in morning, go to work, watch TV , lazy in weekends , play cards, chat on phone , always spend a lot of hours on the internet researching for some crappy deals on electronic goods - the time, if well spent is worth more than what they save on buying the item.

Chanduv23 , I know you are a very active member in these forums and feel very strongly about these efforts. I can probably understand your frustration, But I don't think we can embrace/attract people by alienating them.

It is pretty broad generalization to say those who don't/can't attend the rally or those who does not have a positive disposition about the rally are bunch of lazy, TV watching , cards playing , bargain hunting , un-ambitious people.

Let us move with a positive message. :) :) .

chanduv23
09-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Jaime , Very good post and very encouraging. It will change at least a few minds.

Chanduv23 , I know you are a very active member in these forums and feel very strongly about these efforts. I can probably understand your frustration, But I don't think we can embrace/attract people by alienating them.

It is pretty broad generalization to say those who don't/can't attend the rally or those who does not have a positive disposition about the rally are bunch of lazy, TV watching , cards playing , bargain hunting , un-ambitious people.

Let us move with a positive message. :) :) .

If Jaime is the good cop, I am the bad cop :)

Jaime
09-04-2007, 03:55 PM
If Jaime is the good cop, I am the bad cop :)

Good, bad, ugly, pretty all come to the rally!

paskal
09-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Please be good enough to complete your profile, so we can communicate with you better! thanks...

Jaime
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Please share what's on your mind! What is preventing you from wanting to attend? What will it take to change your mind? A lot of us are willing to work with you, donate money, transportation, housing, etc to get you to attend! Let us know and we will help make your trip easy, painless and even free. We just would love to have you! Please post on this thread or PM, we will make it work for you!!!

Jaime
09-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Make the smart decision! March on Washington!

fromnaija
09-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I would love to attend the rally. However my financial condition at this time does not permit me. I could have booked a ticket on my credit card but all my cards are max out!
You want to know why I am in this financial deep hole? Well, I have two sons in college and paying out of state tuition, that is over $17,000 per semester for both of them.
My wife on H4 could not work until now that she has an EAD. It is retrogression that I should blame and I would love to do all in my power to obtain relief or bring the issue to the attention of the American public.
In my own way I have contributed to IV both in cash and in kind. I have told me story in countless media interviews. I only wish I could do more for IV financially but alas I am not able to do that at this time.
I would be in the rally in spirit....only I wish I could attend in person.

Please share what's on your mind! What is preventing you from wanting to attend? What will it take to change your mind? A lot of us are willing to work with you, donate money, transportation, housing, etc to get you to attend! Let us know and we will help make your trip easy, painless and even free. We just would love to have you! Please post on this thread or PM, we will make it work for you!!!

walking_dude
09-04-2007, 05:32 PM
TOP 5 Excuses

1) Participating in the rally may jeopardize my position

Completely baseless. Rally is being organized after due permission from authorities. Further more IV designated volunteers will be there to ensure it's conducted smoothly. We will not be doing anything that provokes Americans like carrying our National Flags or incendiary slogans and dishonoring of American flags as seen during the rallies of 'undocumented aliens'. We will only be carrying IV approved banners which will not contain anything offensive.

Freedom of Speech/Expression and right to petition are constitutionally guaranteed rights, even to non-citizens. No one can use that against you. No one deport you for participating in a peaceful rally. All of us are highly educated people who don't have a propensity to indulge in violence and/or property damage witnessed during other protests.

2) Rallies are bad. Bad things may happen at a Rally

Perception is a result of our experience with so-called 'Rallies' back home and some here that turn violent. The primary reason for such lawlessness being the nature of participants - uneducated and/or unemployed anti-social elements. Also the political nature of such rallies, conducted by the opposition to inconvenience the incumbent government.

IV rally will be peaceful, as the participants are highly educated, well-employed people with families. Also IV is conducting the rally to petition the government to change rules and not to bring down/change the government.

If you need a precedent, we have the Flower protests and SJ rally , both conducted peacefully in a professional manner. In fact a cop even expressed admiration for the way IV protesters conducted themselves, orderly and peacefully.

3) People who do rallies are good-for-nothings who don't have a better thing to do. I might become an object of ridicule if I participate in one and people find about it. People might think I'm crazy.

Far from truth. Everyone's gainfully employed people just like you. We aren't different from anyone else, except that we have decided to fight for our common cause based on the understanding that strength lies in unity and numbers.

People ridiculing others is as old human habit as Columbus himself. Many ridiculed Columbus when he set sail for India. If he had backtracked, there wouldn't be America and we wouldn't be here.

If fighting for what's right is crazy, yes, I'm crazy. If standing upto fight for my career and my family is crazy, yes, I'm crazy. However, only a little more than people who expect to recieve GC in 2 years, without anybody doing anything to change the situation.

4) There is no reason for the Rally. The situation will remedy itself. In the recent past people have received GC in 2-4 years and so shall I. ( Do-Nothings)

Harking back to good ol' science textbooks, let me remind you of Newton's First law of motion - 'Every body [ EB immigrants] will continue in a state of rest or uniform motion [ retrogression] unless acted upon by an external force [IV actions] to change it'. Newton understood it centuries ago. We need to understand it now.

Situation was different in the recent past as thousands were caught hopelessly in BECs. There was no FBI check. No I-140 backlogs. No 485 frontlogs and backlogs. There weren't 300,000 to 500,000 applications pending for AOS.

5) Rally will not succeed. Even if does succeed, my non-participation will not make a difference.

Numbers make all the difference, in a democracy. When a politician sees a crowd, the thing that runs foremost in his mind is 'Votes'. More the merrier (the reason why undocumented aliens being 12 million are treated on priority basis compared to less numerical EB migrants).

When a senator/congressman is faced with a thousand 'Future American Citizens' ( so called 'Americans in Waiting') - he has two choices antagonize by ignoring them or help them achieve their goals. Any sane politician will opt for the latter, when those thousand future votes could mean the difference between re-election vs. defeat.

That's why it's important to show up in good numbers. If we approach them individually, they may and for all purposes will ignore us. But if we show up in good numbers, we will make them rethink their position and encourage to take more pro-immigrant positions.

Though, it might seem one or two absentees don't make much of a difference, in real life it does. These ones and twos are the ones that add upto to great numbers. If we miss out on these ones and twos, we might never reach the numbers we intend to. So it's very important for every one of us to participate.

Jaime
09-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I would love to attend the rally. However my financial condition at this time does not permit me. I could have booked a ticket on my credit card but all my cards are max out!
You want to know why I am in this financial deep hole? Well, I have two sons in college and paying out of state tuition, that is over $17,000 per semester for both of them.
My wife on H4 could not work until now that she has an EAD. It is retrogression that I should blame and I would love to do all in my power to obtain relief or bring the issue to the attention of the American public.
In my own way I have contributed to IV both in cash and in kind. I have told me story in countless media interviews. I only wish I could do more for IV financially but alas I am not able to do that at this time.

Who else is in? Let's get fromnaija to Washington! Message me man!

venkygct
09-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Please check your PM and email. I have sent the details

Thanks
--Venky

Jaime
09-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey guys! In the best good-natured way let's look at reasons why not to attend:

Money? = We can help you cover your trip expenses

Time? = Many of us cancelled important business, if you try you can find the time!

Fear? = Of what? We will make our voices heard, and it's our right! We have been abused! Nothing to fear!

Feel lazy? = We all do! Make the effort, and then we can party when your green card arrives in the mail!

Have a date? = The rally is better! If you don't get a green card then you won't have the boy or girl either!

OK this last one was more tongue-in-cheek, but seriously guys, talk to us! What prevents you from attending? We will help you overcome the obstacles! Seriously!

alterego
09-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Someone asked earlier, who changed their mind after reading Jaime. I did after one of his earlier posts.
I was decided on not going, but then as I spent more time on this forum, I realized it is definitely the right thing to do. If not us speaking up then who? Simply answer that. How do lawmakers even know that we exist, that an injustice is happening to us, that we feel frustrated about our situation. They keep getting lopsided anti immigrant venom from some well organized and well funded groups and keep hearing about illegal immigration. Our pain however has resonance with them. We played by the rules, we came and lived legally at the invitation of our AMERICAN employers and the US gov't certified that there is no one to take the jobs we are doing, we paid taxes, we have integrated into society and we are asking, why are we being made to wait this long?
What's to feel bad or shy about in that?

I'll tell you something, those who are skeptical simply do not understand how this country works. It is a representative democracy and people pressure and protests and lobbying DO WORK. Otherwise lobbying would not be the biggest growth industry of the day. There is no other way to inspire change, and it has been, can and will be done. I have seen it time and over again.

The final point I wish to make is, those coming to this rally have pre-selected traits. They are the pre-selected ones who are programmed to be successful in this country. They understand it and are proactive and entrepreneural and willing to spend, take risks, take a leadership, are responsible and will do the right thing. These traits have been and will continue to be rewarded in the long run in this country. I wish we can project that our community has many of these people.
Those meek, follow the leader, risk averse, miserly, behind the back types, may have their little breadcrumbs but will never have the attributes to achieve anything of note in the USA anyway. They will continue to find lame excuses for their lack of progress.

Every reader needs to decide for themself which type he/she is. This is after all the greatest country in the world that you are asking for acceptance into.

Jaime
09-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Someone asked earlier, who changed their mind after reading Jaime. I did after one of his earlier posts.
I was decided on not going, but then as I spent more time on this forum, I realized it is definitely the right thing to do. If not us speaking up then who? Simply answer that. How do lawmakers even know that we exist, that an injustice is happening to us, that we feel frustrated about our situation. They keep getting lopsided anti immigrant venom from some well organized and well funded groups and keep hearing about illegal immigration. Our pain however has resonance with them. We played by the rules, we came and lived legally at the invitation of our AMERICAN employers and the US gov't certified that there is no one to take the jobs we are doing, we paid taxes, we have integrated into society and we are asking, why are we being made to wait this long?
What's to feel bad or shy about in that?

I'll tell you something, those who are skeptical simply do not understand how this country works. It is a representative democracy and people pressure and protests and lobbying DO WORK. Otherwise lobbying would not be the biggest growth industry of the day. There is no other way to inspire change, and it has been, can and will be done. I have seen it time and over again.

The final point I wish to make is, those coming to this rally have pre-selected traits. They are the pre-selected ones who are programmed to be successful in this country. They understand it and are proactive and entrepreneural and willing to spend, take risks, take a leadership, are responsible and will do the right thing. These traits have been and will continue to be rewarded in the long run in this country. I wish we can project that our community has many of these people.
Those meek, follow the leader, risk averse, miserly, behind the back types, may have their little breadcrumbs but will never have the attributes to achieve anything of note in the USA anyway. They will continue to find lame excuses for their lack of progress.

Every reader needs to decide for himself which type he/she is.

Alterego, what great news! You WILL NOT REGRET coming! I totally agree with everything you say! At least we know that we will have stood up for our rights and we will be proud to tell our children that we did so!

Besides, you are absolutely right. This country takes notice when people speak up! The problem is that that's not the case in our birth countries, and thus we are not hard-wired to speak-up! But if we make an effort we will definitely see the results! When people speak up and make a case for their basic rights then they are given those rights! But the rights will be taken away if we give them away, and the way to give them away is to remain quiet! This is a country where the fittest survive, and people will take what is yours if you do not claim it and/or protect it!

We will make our voices heard, and we will end retrogression! But we cannot do it without us all joining together!

gbarquero
09-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Alterego, what great news! You WILL NOT REGRET coming! I totally agree with everything you say! At least we know that we will have stood up for our rights and we will be proud to tell our children that we did so!

Besides, you are absolutely right. This country takes notice when people speak up! The problem is that that's not the case in our birth countries, and thus we are not hard-wired to speak-up! But if we make an effort we will definitely see the results! When people speak up and make a case for their basic rights then they are given those rights! But the rights will be taken away if we give them away, and the way to give them away is to remain quiet! This is a country where the fittest survive, and people will take what is yours if you do not claim it and/or protect it!

We will make our voices heard, and we will end retrogression! But we cannot do it without us all joining together!

I think we can do it, now just decide if you want to be part of history or not. Think if you want to remember this action for the rest of your life, or maybe you will regret you didn't spend one day out off the office. I sure want to be there!

franklin
09-04-2007, 06:28 PM

We can help! We want to make sure as many people as possible come to the rally. Those in worse financial positions can take advantage of the many generous offers from other members who are willing to sponsor others.

You have one offer on this thread already http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12441 - check this thread out for more. Yours is a compelling story, and we'd all love to hear it first hand!

Jaime
09-04-2007, 06:32 PM
I think we can do it, now just decide if you want to be part of history or not. Think if you want to remember this action for the rest of your life, or maybe you will regret you didn't spend one day out off the office. I sure want to be there!

Absolutely! We CAN do it! We are big, strong and most importantly we have reason on our side! We WILL WIN back our basic rights!!! I also really want to be there when we march on Congress and tell them that, IT ALREADY HAS BEEN TOO LONG!

Jaime
09-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Let's all do the same!

DallasBlue
09-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Jaime - SUPERTASTIC!!!

don't foget to send your info to lobbyday@immigrationvoice.org

=> one more from lonestar state

Jaime
09-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Jaime - SUPERTASTIC!!!

don't foget to send your info to lobbyday@immigrationvoice.org

=> one more from lonestar state

Everybody! Have you been thinking? Making up your mind? Let us help you, the decision is YES! Now, just make your reservations and come to Washington! We will help you with anything you need! Just PM us!

ArunAntonio
09-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Everybody! Have you been thinking? Making up your mind? Let us help you, the decision is YES! Now, just make your reservations and come to Washington! We will help you with anything you need! Just PM us!

Please think about the amount of effort that is going on to plan for this rally.

- The mental effort required to plan the logistics of such a huge event
- The physical energy required to make all this a possibility
- The amount of time the members working on this are sacrificing.. time that they could have spent with family or other gainful things
- The financial impact this is causing on the invloved members

and all not for themselves but for all of US.

What is your contribution to this effort. Please show up.
Think .. I am sure you can DO IT.

chanduv23
09-05-2007, 12:43 AM
We should attend. It matters a lot.. Even uneducated farmers fight for their right. Why should we not show some solidarity and let the nation hear our voice?

Your IV profile says you are not attending the rally, please update your IV profile to say YES so that core will have a head count :)

Jaime
09-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Everybody to Washngton guys! Everybody! It's just one day, but it will be a historic day! Enjoy this opportunity to tell the government what's on your mind! Congress needs to know, that WE HAVE ALREADY WAITED LONG ENOUGH!

Jaime
09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey guys, let's each try to change at least 10 minds between now and the rally! That would bring us great success!

DallasBlue
09-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Your IV profile says you are not attending the rally, please update your IV profile to say YES so that core will have a head count :)

vamsi, go ahead and do it now, wont take long.

ArkBird
09-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey guys, let's each try to change at least 10 minds between now and the rally! That would bring us great success!

Add 1 to counter. I am in from California...

chanduv23
09-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Add 1 to counter. I am in from California...

Way to go. U DA MAN, see u in DC

vamsi_poondla
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
vamsi, go ahead and do it now, wont take long.

Done that. Spoke with Kanika, arranging for meeting my area congressman.

vamsi_poondla
09-05-2007, 02:05 PM
You should see all that in the homepage...

texanmom
09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Can someone makes sure that i get an appointment too. I have sent in my details to the email address provided, but no feedback. Just want to make sure that they have me on the radar.

Jaime
09-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Add 1 to counter. I am in from California...Great news! See you there!!!

needhelp!
09-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Here are some steps to help you GET OFF YOUR BUTT!!

One Goal: Green Card Reform Rally
Find inspiration: Read about other's who have decided to join.
Get excited. Read as much about it as possible, and visualizing what it would be like to be successful (seeing the benefits of the goal in your head), get excited about the goal. Once youíve done that, itís just a matter of carrying that energy forward and keeping it going.
Build anticipation. Make it the most important date in your life.
Post your goal. Post it at home and work. Put it on your computer desktop.
Commit publicly. Update your profile
Think about the benefits, not the difficulties. The benefits will help energize you.
Squash negative thoughts; replace them with positive ones. Squash, ďThis is too hard!Ē and replace it with, ďI can do this!"
Tip: Google 'Get off your butt' and find more motivation.

Please think about the amount of effort that is going on to plan for this rally.

- The mental effort required to plan the logistics of such a huge event
- The physical energy required to make all this a possibility
- The amount of time the members working on this are sacrificing.. time that they could have spent with family or other gainful things
- The financial impact this is causing on the invloved members

and all not for themselves but for all of US.

What is your contribution to this effort. Please show up.
Think .. I am sure you can DO IT.

Jaime
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Take the poll! What will it take to get you to attend the rally?

Jaime
09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Let's go for more!

kapil_jn
09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
together we can make a difference.

its time to stand united.

Jaime
09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Please let us know! We will help you in any way!

neel_gump
09-06-2007, 05:05 PM
YES Baby!. I am making it to the Sep 18th DC Rally. I am also bringing my parents (who are visiting US) along with me to the rally. So, total count is 3.

Initially, I was planning to take them to just NYC. Now I changed plans and decided to show them DC as well. Since we are talking about Washington Monument and Capitol Building, I don't think they will mind at all :).

Go Fellows Go...

Jaime
09-06-2007, 05:08 PM
YES Baby!. I am making it to the Sep 18th DC Rally. I am also bringing my parents (who are visiting US) along with me to the rally. So, total count is 3.

Initially, I was planning to take them to just NYC. Now I changed plans and decided to show them DC as well. Since we are talking about Washington Monument and Capitol Building, I don't think they will mind at all :).

Go Fellows Go...

Way to goo neel_gump! That's great that you and your parents will attend the rally! And also, you are right, DC is a great tourist destination which your parents will greatly enjoy!

That's actually a good idea too, why not make it a long-weekend? Vacation + activism, you will enjoy yourselves and also help yourselves by telling Congress to do what is fair!

akhilmahajan
09-06-2007, 05:09 PM

Go Fellows Go...

Really appreciate your commitment Please motivate your friends also.
Thanks a lot.

Jaime
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Let's change more minds! How many minds have you personally helped change?

needhelp!
09-06-2007, 06:05 PM
I got 2 positive responses from orkut members in DC.

One said Oh ok, I will.. so this person didn't even know about it until after seeing the scrap.

Yes I posted scraps on individual members' scrapbooks, not just community posts.

I suggest if you are on orkut, scrap any and every one in DC communities, if a lot of people ask them to come, they will know how important it is!!

Jaime
09-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I got 2 positive responses from orkut members in DC.

One said Oh ok, I will.. so this person didn't even know about it until after seeing the scrap.

Yes I posted scraps on individual members' scrapbooks, not just community posts.

I suggest if you are on orkut, scrap any and every one in DC communities, if a lot of people ask them to come, they will know how important it is!!

Great idea! Why don't you start a thread on using ORKUT? It would be helpful!

Jaime
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Did you understand clearly the message from

Facts Presentation Video ??? :confused:

"Some succeed because they are destined to,
but most succeed because they are determined to......."

450,000 and 15-16 years ???
Does that number make U worried, Challenged ?
why not 30,000 people in DC on historic 18th.

30,000...YES WE CAN! We need to make our strongest effort, our strongest push right now to promote the rally and change minds! There are many of us near DC, and we still have 12 days! Let's GO guys! Let's help change minds! Can we free ourselves from these unfair chains of retrogression and country caps? Together YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!

Jaime
09-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I know you're thinking about it...probably sitting on the fence and deciding which way to go? Choose your freedom!

Jaime
09-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Picture your freedom!

You are contributing a lot to your job, but are underapppreciated and underpaid. You have a business plan, venture capital and the ability to immediately start a business that will employ several Americans. You resign from your unfair employer. You go and start your business, and you start seeing it grow. Your spouse gets a new job, your children are about to go to college at a great school with in-state tuition. How is all this possible? Because you have a green card!

Are you going to give all of that up? Are you going to continue to be a minion at your company just because you are at the mercy of the unfair H1-B visa? Will you continue to put up with a situation that blocks the bigger contributions that you can make to this great country that you have already assimilated to? Will you let your children age out and not be eligible to remain at your side?

WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE, BUT ONLY IF WE UNITE AND GO TO THE RALLY! WE NEED 30,000, there's a million of us. WE CAN DO THIS GUYS!!!!!!!!! LET'S HELP EACH OTHER AND FIGHT FOR AND ACHIEVE OUR FREEDOM!!!!! THIS IS OUR BEST SHOT EVER! LET'S NOT WASTE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

DallasBlue
09-07-2007, 12:55 AM
You must attend, you owe it to yourself and your family.

Jaime
09-07-2007, 02:06 AM
You must attend, you owe it to yourself and your family.

I got your PM, did you get mine?

franklin
09-07-2007, 03:19 AM
Got IV tshirt?
Check!
Got plane ticket?
Check!
Got hotel?
Check!
Got motivation?
Check!
Got the will to make a change?
Check!

Got greencard?

little_willy
09-07-2007, 03:46 AM
Each one of us attending the rally should make the effort to convince atleast one more person to go along with them. They may be your spouse, child or parent.

chanduv23
09-07-2007, 08:19 AM
To all those fence sitters - this is the time to make up your mind.

LETS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.

Coming to the rally means - YOU WILL MEET YOUR IV FRIENDS - THOSE WHO HAVE DONE SELFLESS HELP AND SACRIFICES TO HELP YOU IN YOUR SITUATION UNLIKE YOUR EXISTING FRIENDS WHO ONLY SHARED YOUR SUCCESSES AND NOT TURN UP IN TIME OF NEED.

ISN'T IT EXCITING?????

SEE YOU ALL THERE ON 18TH.

Jaime
09-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Let's go, let's change people's minds so that we can ALL attend the DC rally on the 18th!!!!

apb
09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Scene at Consulate
IO:--> Dear applicant, You can apply for a long process to getting your PR/GC and here are the deals. Apply with high fees. Get RFE answered within limited time frame or loose. Wait for labor (go through labor pain..:-) ), do not get/expect promotion, Oh ya get your well educated spouse, Make them sit at home, make them feel unproductive, pay all your taxes, pay your social security BUT do not expect anything back, In the process if your kids age out separate them from you (send them back), If you wish to study pay highest fees, if you get promoted stand in queue again, pay frequent medical fees, AP, EAD fees, and yes YOU can always TRACK RNs for them. You can whine, post your opinions, when we change policies on the fly and create more hardships even if you have stayed here for more than 6 years, you can call up our customer service, be imaginative and get to level 2 and still get yelled at, asked to wait for 90 days (std reply), etc, but you can always go to good forum like IV and instead of working on your cause, create confusion, DEMAND action, not contribute....etc.

H1B applicant:--> SO WHAT IS THE CATCH.

IO:--> YOU THA MAN. Welcome to USA. Land of the free home of the brave. But for you there will be no freedom and for your type..stay in fear.
---------------------

Hope one more catch the vision of IV

DallasBlue
09-07-2007, 07:09 PM
I got your PM, did you get mine?

Nope. I did not get your PM yet.

Jaime
09-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Are you fed up with how long you've waited? BREAK YOUR CHAINS and come to the rally! Post here how long you've waited so far, patiently playing by the rules. I will start:

I have been waiting for my Green Card nearly 10 years! (1998) And still no end in sight!

Anyone else? Post your waiting times and your frustrations here. Cry, scream on our shoulders, we are here for you! And once you've vented, make your reservations for Washington and let's ALL go to the Rally! Who cares about anything else? WE WON"T BE QUIET ANYMORE GUYS! ENOUGH WITH THE ABUSE! ENOUGH WITH THE QUIET SUFFERING! WE HAVE DIGNITY! WE CONTRIBUTE BILLIONS TO THE ECONOMY! WE HAVE ASSIMILATED! WE LOVE THE UNITED STATES! WE ARE DE FACTO AMERICANS AND THEY WANT TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US! AT LEAST WE WILL SCREAM LOUD IN WASHINGTON AND MAKE OUR VOICES BE HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR! WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH! WE HAVE BEEN WRONGED! WE HAVE ALREADY WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!

seahawks
09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
My wife and me are coming all the way from Seattle. We are so proud to be part of the Rally. After being a victim of back log center, retrogression, filing 485 was a relief. However there are long ways to go, we think about the the people who are just filing the labor, people who are still stuck in backlog centers, and probably our 485 application who knows may be stuck in name check, the whole GC process is flawed. I have been a member a long time, now I get to meet all of you! I appreciate each of you guys who volunteer and spend selfless hours in support of a cause that is critical for anyone aspiring to be a legal permanent resident! The best way to thank everyone is to SHOW UP!

DallasBlue
09-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Break the Shackles and Come to DC , this will be a historic rally.
As pointed out $200 filight ticket is 2% of your GC/H1 amount

Lets get our greencards!!
Lets make it happen !!

Munna Bhai
09-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Got IV tshirt?
Check!
Got plane ticket?
Check!
Got hotel?
Check!
Got motivation?
Check!
Got the will to make a change?
Check!

Got greencard?

Got Greencard...."may be in next life"

Jaime
09-08-2007, 12:23 PM
You still have time! Come on, change your mind and attend the rally! We'll help you with the funds!

seahawks
09-08-2007, 12:28 PM
You still have time! Come on, change your mind and attend the rally! We'll help you with the funds!

So there is people to help with funds, there is people to help with accommodations, there is people who are organizing and planning the whole event, all we need to do is show up, make up your mind today, it makes more sense from planning to preparing and coordinating your trip if you say yes today.. ACT NOW, say Yes, one day of your life, probably two, work over a weekend, wake up an hour early and save 24 hours to make it up to the rally. Don't miss being part of an historical event!

Jaime
09-08-2007, 02:42 PM
OK, the poll has not been a huge success :) but, for the person who voted "need more solid reasons to attend" the rally, here is the most solid reason: It's your dignity, freedom and right to speak up! You can make a change! TOGETHER we can! Will you attend? PM me if this reason is still not good enough, and we can talk. I am willing to work with you and help you in any way so you can attend!

vandanaverdia
09-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I agree... We have to help ourselves get out of this GC scenario. No one else can & will!!!
Wake up people! This is the time to get together & act!!!!

vandanaverdia
09-08-2007, 05:43 PM
^^^ bump ^^^

Jaime
09-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Let's go guys! We'll help with the airfare/busfare! Change your minds and attend! We can make this a huge event ONLY IF YOU COME!!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Come on guys, we can change many minds! How many minds have you changed? How many are we changing today? Together we CAN!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 03:40 PM
This is your opportunity! You still have time! We will help you with travel money!!! LET'S GO!!!!!!!! LET"S ALL GO TO DC TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!

gc_aspirant_prasad
09-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Time to make a difference.
Bumping thread ^^^^

vandanaverdia
09-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Guys... get off & come to DC & join the rally!!! This is your chance to make a difference!!!
SITTING ON THE FENCE HAS HELPED NOBODY!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 05:07 PM
This is the time to act! Let's go! Change your mind and come to the rally! We have funds for you! We will be telling Congress about the abuse that we undergo! Come join us!!! All immigration layer firms support this, you won't get into trouble, we will help you with funds, you will be able to speak up! IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!!! WHAT IS HOLDING YOU BACK? LET'S GO TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Guys, I just changed another mind, how many have you changed today??? We can do this!!! Let's GO!!!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Still thinking about it? Keep sending me private messages and let's talk about what is preventing you from attending. I'll do aything to help you attend! Please let's talk!!!!

Jaime
09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Here you go: Don't let anti-immigrants have the last say! It's within your power to make your voice heard, just like they make their voices heard every day. Why should only they speak, while we remain in silence? Think about it. Is your green card important to you? Think about it some more. Now, make your arrangements to join us in DC!!! You still have time, and we will help you with travel funds!!

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 01:19 PM
^^^ bump ^^^

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 01:39 PM
This aint my fight... This aint your fight..
THIS IS OUR FIGHT!!!
We need to come together & let our voices be heard!!!
Come to DC...
There is very little time & lots to achieve...

Jaime
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Are you EB3? Your wait just got much longer! (October visa bulletin), what better reason to change your mind and come to DC????

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Knowing that you at least stood for your rights is much better than not standing up at all!!!

Stand up for your rights... Come to DC!!!!
GI IV!!!!

Jaime
09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Email us!!!! We'll help you!!!!

Jaime
09-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Use your big brains and choose what's right and fair! :) You know you want to come! We'll help you! Anyway we can!!!! Just come to DC! We'
d love to have you!!!! YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

mybid2003
09-12-2007, 11:38 AM
bump...

JazzByTheBay
09-12-2007, 11:49 AM
http://morejazzbythebay.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/sanjoserallybnr4-2.jpg

SAN JOSE WAS THE BEGINNING, DC WILL BE A HUGE MILESTONE!
(San Jose rally pictures and videos, and Aman's messages from Milpitas, CA meeting can be found at http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com (http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com/))

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/20/99/22609920.jpg

cheers, and see ya'll in DC!
jazz

vandanaverdia
09-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Don't wait.
The time will
never be
just right
Napoleon Hill

The time is NOW!!!
It's NOW or NEVER!!!
Come to DC & let's be heard!!!
GO IV!!!

Jaime
09-12-2007, 03:13 PM

You have probably made up your mind not to attend the rally. Perhaps you think that already many people will attend and that one more or one less person (You) will not make a difference. But it will! In fact, letís not even think about whether one more or one less person will make a difference. Rather, I invite you to think this way: Do it because itís right! Do it for yourself! Think to yourself that you would do this even if you were the only person attending the rally. Think of Gandhi. Think of Martin Luther King.

You have been very frustrated for years with this broken immigration system, right? Perhaps youíve been stuck for years, no raises, spouse cannot work, children aging out? How many times have you wanted to tell Congress whatís on your mind? This is likely your ONLY CHANCE to do so! Again, think of this in terms of you attending even if you were the only person attending. Attend because you are mad. Attend because you want to see change. Attend to make yourself visible, and make everyone out there know of your silent struggle. The silent struggle that you have had to put up for years. Even if thatís all you do, you will feel better. People will know the unfairness that you have been treated with! Attend because IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO! If your friends are not attending, try to convince them, but if they choose not to go, donít let that influence you! Sometimes in life we have to do things just because they are right, no other reason. Will this rally work? Will lawmakers listen? Will my employer be mad that I took a day off? Will I have to spend $500 to get there? None of that matters! The only reason of why you should attend is because you have been abused, and you will not take it! You have dignity! You will go and tell Congress to stop messing with you unfairly. You have the power, freedom and OBLIGATION to do so! Your children will be proud of you. If you do not attend the rally, it will be a once-in-a-lifetime lost opportunity! LETíS GO! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaime
09-12-2007, 04:09 PM
It's always
too early
to quit
Norman Vincent Peale

Let's all go to DC guys! Time to "earn your wings" as an American! Fight for what is Fair! We WILL achieve our goals! But we need you there! Change your mind today and attend the rally! Don't let yourself later regret not having gone! You still have time, and we will help you with funds!!! ALL TOGETHER GUYS!!!!

Jaime
09-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Do this for yourself! Do this for America!!! Come to DC!!!!

anukcs
09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I have been thinking about whether to attend the rally or not from past few weeks. Attending the rally would require me to take a day off. Finally today without thinking twice I just went to my manager asked if I can take day off on 9/18 instead compensate the work in the following saturday. It was approved and I am attending the rally on 9/18!

I am feeling so good now.

Also, I live in DC area and can help if somebody needs to be picked from airport to the rally and drop them back if needed.

Hope to see thousands on 9/18th...

ALL THE BEST TO OUR CAUSE!

Regards.

Jaime
09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
I have been thinking about whether to attend the rally or not from past few weeks. Attending the rally would require me to take a day off. Finally today without thinking twice I just went to my manager asked if I can take day off on 9/18 instead compensate the work in the following saturday. It was approved and I am attending the rally on 9/18!

Also, I live in DC area and can help if somebody needs to be picked from airport to the rally and drop them back if needed.

Regards.

Anucks, what great news!!! You are really committed and your sacrifice in working on Saturday will really pay off! Congratulaions on your decision, you will NOT regret it!!!!

vandanaverdia
09-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Regards.

Great job anucks. You will be proud be there & let your voice be heard!! And trust me, you will not regret it one bit!
See you in DC!!!
Go IV!!!

chanduv23
09-13-2007, 01:22 PM

Regards.

Join the motivation campaign - I am sure all the naysayers are just on the fence - today and tomorrow are the days - to decide - yes - we know you all are joining us

chanduv23
09-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Lets all be winners - lets all show our faces to the nation - WE ARE HIGHLY SKILLED LEGAL IMMIGRANTS CONTRIBUTING TO THE ECONOMY - HARD WORKING AND WE HAVE ALL RIGHTS TO PURSUE OUR DREAM.

IF WE ALL SIT QUIET AND TAKE A BACK SEAT, WE WILL ALWAYS BE BEHIND, MAKING IT EASY FOR ANTI IMMIGRANTS TO RULE OVER US.

LETS MOVE TO DC.

COME ON FOLKS - LETS SHOW OUR SOLADIRITY FOR A CAUSE.

Jaime
09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Hello guys! Well said on this thread, you have all day today and tomorrow to make up your mind and attend. Make your choice a resounding YES! If you live in DC or nearby states you shouldn't even be thinking about it, the decision is: YES!!!! (just come! trust us, you will see this was the best choice, and you will thank yourself you attended!!!!)

YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS AT LEAST ONCE N YOUR LIFE! YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SAY "I WAS THERE"! WHY NOT ALSO MAKE HISTORY!!!! TOGETHER WE CAN!!!!! JUST COME!!!!!

arkanand
09-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I am amazed in the solidarity just by seeing the responses. But if i think deeper, this rally is not for some national cause or for some greater benefit.

Every single person here is doing this for one's own SELFISH reasons. Why then are we talking like we are marching to save the planet or save the poor animals going to slaughter or human trafficking or AIDS prevention or even the war in Iraq.

Yes, we make things easy for people down the road (however that is not our true intention, our true intention is just about how to get the card faster) but trying to pull in more people to the rally by playing on people's guilt is not the approach. You say it like you see it. We want people to come so I CAN GET MY GREEN CARD SOONER. Thats all. So everyone has the same motive...thats all. Nothing more or nothing less. Everyone is going for A SELFISH INTEREST...nothing based on higher principles of duty, sacrifice or to ensure higher morals of life. Everything is for sensual enjoyment.

Dont write like we are seeking independence or freedom.

I guess...my head will start to roll...sorry for looking at things differently, I dont mean to find fault but i think this is just one big rally everyone wants to get their green card sooner. Nothing more than that...in my opinion..really not even about folks who may apply in 2010?

arkanand
09-13-2007, 04:45 PM
whats with the quotes...comparing to Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr...Please dont kid yourself.

They did it for their country and fellowmen to be free from the clutches of oppression (a much serious issue than green card i think). Although even that is extended selfishness (cos of being Indian or African American) but they dedicated their entire lives for that cause.

We are not even close...this is just for MY GREEN CARD!

am i wrong?

anukcs
09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
I am amazed in the solidarity just by seeing the responses. But if i think deeper, this rally is not for some national cause or for some greater benefit.

Every single person here is doing this for one's own SELFISH reasons. Why then are we talking like we are marching to save the planet or save the poor animals going to slaughter or human trafficking or AIDS prevention or even the war in Iraq.

Yes, we make things easy for people down the road (however that is not our true intention, our true intention is just about how to get the card faster) but trying to pull in more people to the rally by playing on people's guilt is not the approach. You say it like you see it. We want people to come so I CAN GET MY GREEN CARD SOONER. Thats all. So everyone has the same motive...thats all. Nothing more or nothing less. Everyone is going for A SELFISH INTEREST...nothing based on higher principles of duty, sacrifice or to ensure higher morals of life. Everything is for sensual enjoyment.

I guess...my head will start to roll...sorry for looking at things differently, I dont mean to find fault but i think this is just one big rally everyone wants to get their green card sooner. Nothing more than that...in my opinion..really not even about folks who may apply in 2010?

Tell me if there is anything that is not selfish. For me, even saving the world is SELFISH thing to do since you want to LIVE in it. We are fighting against a broken system. A system which is so unfair. You do not have to always fight for saving the world or saving lives.

anukcs
09-13-2007, 04:49 PM
whats with the quotes...comparing to Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr...Please dont kid yourself.

They did it for their country and fellowmen to be free from the clutches of oppression (a much serious issue than green card i think). Although even that is extended selfishness (cos of being Indian or African American) but they dedicated their entire lives for that cause.

We are not even close...this is just for MY GREEN CARD!

am i wrong?

Don't you think you are not free from the clutches. If getting some green card relieves so many people from clutches why not fight for it?

arkanand
09-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Dear anukcs

I never said anything is wrong, what we are doing is fine.

I am just seeing posts where people are finding fault for not participating. No- Participation can be due to any number of reasons.

About who is SELFISH or not...yes, there are people who dedicated everything for the benefit of others, look around, you may surely find people. I define selfishness as "if we do things for our own sensual enjoyment" and not "basic survival". Both are selfish but grossly and signficantly different.

It is like eating the bare minimum to live and doing service to mankind or having a pizza party and just pretty much living for oneself oblivious of others.

This green card is just about me and my family members (99%)...dont you think so?

Jaime
09-13-2007, 10:38 PM
PM us! We'll help you get to DC!!

GC_1200
09-14-2007, 12:22 AM
and few people asked me ' are you crazy? why you are doing all this for GC?'

Who said that, GC is minimum in this country to live a normal life, with out it so many constraits as mentioned in our forum many times.

Few people are always with negitive attitude and lazy, do not even listen to them.

Many families will get benifit from this effort.

Jaime
09-14-2007, 12:31 PM
There is nothing impossible in life!!! Those who haven't yet decided to go to DC, you can still make it!!!! If you are withi 4-5 hour driving distance to DC you have to tell yourself that there is no excuse not to attend! Just hop on your car or the train/bus and come!!!! GUYS, WE REALLY NEED YOU! AND YOU NEED YOU!!! Did you think about that? YOU NEED YOU! You need to help yourself by helping IV!!!!! COME ON GUYS! MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY CHANGED THEIR MINDS AND THEY ARE ATTENDING! YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY COMING, AND YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS!!! Ask us if you need travel funds or other type of assistance! We are here for you!!!!!

Jaime
09-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Today! Today! Today!

Today you make up your mind to attend the rally!

We are your IV friends!!! Come join us in DC and change what's wrong! et's go together and fight for our hard-earned Green Cards!!!!

alterego
09-14-2007, 02:59 PM

Have you seen the hit movie "Wall street" where Michael Douglas says "greed is good". Well this is much like that. We are channeling our ambition into something positive. Positive for us first, but also in other ways. In many ways much of Americas progress/policy is built on events like this.

The bottom line is we are not asking for any special treatment from this country. This is EB immigration. Our employers want us here and have petitioned their government for this. We are simply stating that delays of over 5 yrs in this limbo is not right. We are shining the spotlight on this issue and asking that it not be ignored due to disagreement over what to do with the illegal immigrants.

We are not law breakers, we are not depending on society for our welfare, we are like every right minded hardworking generation before that migrated to this wonderful country for a better life. We are doing things the right way. Most Americans understand that. A few narrow minded, xenophobic, protectionist individuals cannot and perhaps will never understand it, but they will not defeat the immigrant miracle that is America, this has been the case ever since 1492 when Columbus first arrived in the new world.

Jaime
09-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Change your mind and come to DC!!! We can succeed together!!!!!

new_horizon
09-14-2007, 05:05 PM
I just went through the number of members in the IV org. To my surprise I found 21,353 members. If atleast each of the member contribute atleast $5, we could easily hit above $100,000. But I am sure we all can contribute far more than $5.

What a shame that the educated highly qualified H1B holders who haven't contributed anything so far don't get it. Come on guys/girls contribute in some way...come to the rally or sponsor someone if you can't make it or atleast contribute some money. You don't want to feel guilty all throughout your life thinking you were just a free-rider.

Take advantage of this great opportunity, BECAUSE OPPORTUNITY LOST IS LOST FOREVER. IT SELDOM KNOCKS TWICE.

eb3_nepa
09-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Hello everyone,

I really really wanted to come but unfortunately am working on a very important deadline.

However my wife can come, but she would need a ride as she cannot travel alone.

Is anyone going with family to DC. If a family is travelling to DC from the Philadelphia area, (& coming back on the same day) she is VERY eager to come.

Please let me know. My email is neoparsee@gmail.com

Thanks

Jaime
09-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Come on DC, Tri-State, Virginia, all surrounding areas! Have a nice lunch with your family today and decide together to come to the rally on Tuesday! If you live within 4-5 hour drive or train ride from DC then you shouldn't even be hesitating! The answer is YES!!! YES I WILL GO!!!

We your friends at IV are so proud of you that you care for our common cause and that is why you visit the IV web site. We are also so proud that you ae considering coming. Please make the decision now and come!!! We cannot miss this opportunity, and we CANNOT do it without you!!!!

Jaime
09-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Come on DC, Tri-State, Penn, Virginia, all surrounding areas!

chanduv23
09-15-2007, 07:31 PM
EVERYONE
EVERYONE
EVERYONE

ashish3
09-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi,

I am planning to come to the Rally with my wife and my kid. Please let e know if it is OK to bring my 2 year old to the rally.thanks!

chanduv23
09-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi,

I am planning to come to the Rally with my wife and my kid. Please let e know if it is OK to bring my 2 year old to the rally.thanks!

YOU ARE A HERO AND YOUR KID IS THE LITTLE HERO - CONGRATULATIONS

YES YOU ARE OK - WE DID DISCUSS ABOUT KIDS AND IT IS OK - A SPECIAL CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR SWEET KID

Nagireddi
09-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Your vision will become clear
only when you can
look into your own heart
Who looks outside, dreams;
who looks inside, awakes
Carl Jung

Hi Macaca
Nice thought provoking quotes.Short and sweet.Keep inspiring people
Macaca.

chanduv23
09-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Look agt what we are trying to achieve - have trust and faith in IV - show your support and solidarity to IV

Yes support the kids - support the strong women who are coming along with their kids

support the cause

Support Aman - who has done all this for you.

AMAN WE ARE WITH YOU

anukcs
09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
He has made arrangements as well to come to the rally tomorrow.

We are coming from Ashburn VA area...If anybody wants to come along please PM me.

Regards.

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 01:08 PM
He has made arrangements as well to come to the rally tomorrow.

We are coming from Ashburn VA area...If anybody wants to come along please PM me.

Regards.

Great stuff , we welcome you both

Come on folks , lets all make this a success

chanduv23
09-17-2007, 02:07 PM
This is the chance - please make up your mind - We know a lot of you are still sitting on the fence and debating

Lets join all those goodsamaritans who are out there doing lawmakeer meeetings and compliment their efforts

Yes, IV is you and you are IV - you must participate and you can - you just have to jump the fence and walk your wway to glory

Libra
09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
hats off to you macaca and u da best.

Some people die at 25 and
aren't buried until 75
Benjamin Franklin

lost_in_migration
09-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Please provide me the source of your quotes. These are simply amazing!!

A nation that
continues to produce
soft-minded men
purchases its own
spiritual death
on the installment plan
Martin Luther King, Jr.

chanduv23
09-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Some men are like pyramids,
which are very broad
where they touch the ground, but