PDA

View Full Version : We've Already Waited Long Enough!!!!

Jaime
09-05-2007, 02:07 AM
Are you fed up with how long you've waited? BREAK YOUR CHAINS and come to the rally! Post here how long you've waited so far, patiently playing by the rules. I will start:

I have been waiting for my Green Card nearly 10 years! (1998) And still no end in sight!

Anyone else? Post your waiting times and your frustrations here. Cry, scream on our shoulders, we are here for you! And once you've vented, make your reservations for Washington and let's ALL go to the Rally! Who cares about anything else? WE WON"T BE QUIET ANYMORE GUYS! ENOUGH WITH THE ABUSE! ENOUGH WITH THE QUIET SUFFERING! WE HAVE DIGNITY! WE CONTRIBUTE BILLIONS TO THE ECONOMY! WE HAVE ASSIMILATED! WE LOVE THE UNITED STATES! WE ARE DE FACTO AMERICANS AND THEY WANT TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US! AT LEAST WE WILL SCREAM LOUD IN WASHINGTON AND MAKE OUR VOICES BE HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR! WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH! WE HAVE BEEN WRONGED! WE HAVE ALREADY WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!

gc_chahiye
09-05-2007, 02:22 AM
6.5 years!

inskrish
09-05-2007, 02:43 AM
8 years of waiting here.:mad:

drona
09-05-2007, 02:47 AM
Please join the DC rally. Your profiles indicate that neither of you is attending!

glus
09-05-2007, 08:27 AM
8 years. See you all in DC on the 9/18. A big day for us.

Jaime
09-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the posts, this is the time to create change!! We're all going to DC!

vjkypally
09-05-2007, 09:50 AM
8 yrs and Counting.Lets go!!!

gbarquero
09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Since September 1997. That's 10 years!!!!

ashkam
09-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Do all these huge waiting periods begin from the day you entered the US or from the day you actually applied for a green card? Just curious.

Jaime
09-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Do all these huge waiting periods begin from the day you entered the US or from the day you actually applied for a green card? Just curious.

I'd say either, or from when you started contributing to the U.S. economy

natrajs
09-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I'd say either, or from when you started contributing to the U.S. economy

Go To DC To Get GC

Jaime
09-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Let's go guys! Let's all make our plane or bus reservations for DC!!!

hemanth22
09-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Let's go guys! Let's all make our plane or bus reservations for DC!!!

10 years successfully completed in august.

Jaime
09-05-2007, 04:57 PM
10 years successfully completed in august.

Congrats on your success! And thanks for continuing to support IV!

Jaime
09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
How long have you waited for your green card? Is it acceptable? Are you any less than our fellow Americans? Why should you put up with this abuse? YOU CAN MAKE A CHANGE! COME TO THE RALLY!

desibechara
09-07-2007, 11:13 AM
I came in August "17" 1994..

I applied in Oct 2001..

since then..Labor came in July28, applied before August17 deadline..

Now I hear that one cannot ahve salary more than 5%..from labor certification..

Mine went up leaps and bounds..

This is slavery....Finished 13 years this august in US..that too Legally..

went thru hell some 2 years back..just to maintain status for my family..

and guess what..nobdoy cared ..wrote Senator Dianne fienstein..and Governor Shwarzenegger..and even wrote USCIS..and labor Secr..Chao..

Even my own employer who is Indian in the first place..is greeedy enough to cut my money where he can..when he and others went through the same process...years ago though....the fact that i was able to push my salary up speaks of my efforts and real fight..against all odds..still I could have been far better if I did not have to go throu this slavery..

Enough is enough now....they spent tax payers money to deliberate on Illegals who are driving up the helath insurances..and other things..while not paying a single dollar...but how about sepnding one fourth amount of tax payers money and fixing the GC process onec for all..

THE US IMMIGARTION SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO CREATE MODERN TIMES SLAVERY...

THIS IS MY SLOGAN..

gjoe
09-07-2007, 11:28 AM
The "modern day slavery" slogan is mine and it is 5 yrs old. :cool:

I came in August "17" 1994..

I applied in Oct 2001..

since then..Labor came in July28, applied before August17 deadline..

Now I hear that one cannot ahve salary more than 5%..from labor certification..

Mine went up leaps and bounds..

This is slavery....Finished 13 years this august in US..that too Legally..

went thru hell some 2 years back..just to maintain status for my family..

and guess what..nobdoy cared ..wrote Senator Dianne fienstein..and Governor Shwarzenegger..and even wrote USCIS..and labor Secr..Chao..

Even my own employer who is Indian in the first place..is greeedy enough to cut my money where he can..when he and others went through the same process...years ago though....the fact that i was able to push my salary up speaks of my efforts and real fight..against all odds..still I could have been far better if I did not have to go throu this slavery..

Enough is enough now....they spent tax payers money to deliberate on Illegals who are driving up the helath insurances..and other things..while not paying a single dollar...but how about sepnding one fourth amount of tax payers money and fixing the GC process onec for all..

THE US IMMIGARTION SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO CREATE MODERN TIMES SLAVERY...

THIS IS MY SLOGAN..

Jaime
09-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Isn't it time you got your green card?????

desibechara
09-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I even thinking of posting this statement on USCIS comments section..

I mean they should understand what is it like to go thru..in a restricted
environment..and then call US..a Land of Freedom..

It is definetly not a level playing field when we have bene contributing their social security system and tax kitty...

WE HAVE GIVEN MUCH MORE THAN GOT IT IN RETURN..

rpulipati
09-07-2007, 05:00 PM
7 yrs up in US...

close to 6 yrs to start GC...

Many more years to go for GC in hand

See signature

Suva
09-07-2007, 05:11 PM
7.5 years...

Libra
09-07-2007, 05:13 PM
so is it mean you guys coming to DC, if so please update your profile. thank you.

Jaime
09-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Did you ever feel like a second class citizen back in India, China, Mexico, Britain, Canada, Egypt, The Philippines, Andorra...wherever you are from? No! Right? So, why should we settle for that status here in the Land of the Free! Come to the rally and tell Congress that WE HAVE ALREADY WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Guys this is our ONE chance to make our voices heard!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
6, 7, 10 years?

Isn't it time you got your green card?????

vandanaverdia
09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Guys... This is the time for all of us to come together & make our voices be heard!!!
All of us have waited some years & counting..... How long can you wait???
YOU DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!!! Dont you want your voice to be heard?????
ACT NOW!!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Doesn't it make you just a little mad that you pay your taxes, abide by the law, have played by all rules and still are exploited at work, cannot change jobs, won't get your social security money if you leave?

Doesn't it make you just a little mad that most immigrant visas go to the family members of undereducated former illegal aliens, and when you want to bring your parents to visit you from India, China or wherever their visas get denied or are given a super hard time?

Haven't we had enough? Haven't we waited long enough?????

Jaime
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Think about it!!! Is this fair??? NO!!!! Can it be fixed!!!!! YES! We can fix this together! And we will start in Washington! Come join us!!!!

vandanaverdia
09-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Help IV help you!!!!
Come join the rally....

Jaime
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Social Security - If the self-induced U.S. Reverse Brain Drain forces us to leave the country by frustrating us to the limit, we will have to forego our hard-earned Social Security...For years we have asked for a FAIR fix to this - We've already waited long enough!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Spouse not allowed to work - The spouse of H-1B visa holders are not allowed to work, even though many of them are highly educated...For years we have asked for a FAIR fix to this - We've already waited long enough!!!

Jaime
09-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Forbidden to accept promotions and raises - We cannot receive a salary raise or promotion until our immigrant visa (green card) is approved, which can take MANY YEARS - For years we have asked for a FAIR fix to this - We've already waited long enough!!!

vandanaverdia
09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
You have to carry a stack load of papers, documents, etc every time you go for your visa stamping & back....

vandanaverdia
09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
How much longer are you willing to wait?????

Jaime
09-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Microsoft using cricket to try to stop Reverse Brain Drain!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070910/...oft_cricket_dc

Jaime
09-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Are you EB3? Your wait just got much longer! We've already waited long enough!! Time to go to Washington and change things if no one else will!!! Everyone, let's go together!!!!

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
The wait to GC doesnt seem to be getting shorter...
Pick your faster route via DC....

Jaime
09-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Can we at least send in copies of our degrees? Congress is considerig immigratio-related bills, are we gona sit there and let this opportunity pass? WE'VE ALREADY WAITED LONG ENOUGH GUYS!!!!

abhijitp
09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Can we at least send in copies of our degrees? Congress is considerig immigratio-related bills, are we gona sit there and let this opportunity pass? WE'VE ALREADY WAITED LONG ENOUGH GUYS!!!!

Jaime, my humble suggestions:
1) please calrify: send photocopies of one and all of our degrees (whether US earned or in your home country)?
2) please calrify: send photocopies to whom? (USCIS does not make laws, they only follow the process defined by the law)
3) please come up with a standard message to go out with the photocopies
4) seek core team approval on this-- a lot more people will do the action item once it is approved. (I have no opinion on doing this, basically am not sure if the timing for this is right, and whom do we send these?)

Thanks!

DallasBlue
09-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Jaime, do not forget to attend the local texas state chapter telecon this saturday @ 12 noon !!

lazycis
09-27-2007, 11:18 PM
You guys have a lot of patience. It's my 8th year here. GC wait is 5+. Sue USCIS, I believe we should use all available means to promote our message.