PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani says illegal immigration NOT a crime!!!

Jaime
09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Giuliani says illegal immigration NOT a crime!!!

Of course not! Lupita Gomez, the illegal maid from Nicaragua did not commit a crime by crossing the border without papers and working illegally in the U.S.! But God forbid an assimilated, law-abiding, tax-paying H1-B worker get laid off. He/she is out of status the second they are let go, and therefore MUST leave the U.S. immediately with no grace period, or else face deportation and being barred from the U.S. for 10 years. Very nice!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070907/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_immigration

MA_Labor
09-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Certainly not a crime but it does hurt legal immigrants. I waited 8 years to get my green card while legally residing in the country. Paid taxes all the while. Completed all immigration related formalities. Paid thousands of dollars in immigration and attorney fees. All that for what? When someone can cross the boder illegally and demand the same rights as I do...

Doesn't seem fair to me.

Jaime
09-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Are you fed up with how long you've waited? BREAK YOUR CHAINS and come to the rally! Post here how long you've waited so far, patiently playing by the rules. I will start:

I have been waiting for my Green Card nearly 10 years! (1998) And still no end in sight!

Anyone else? Post your waiting times and your frustrations here. Cry, scream on our shoulders, we are here for you! And once you've vented, make your reservations for Washington and let's ALL go to the Rally! Who cares about anything else? WE WON"T BE QUIET ANYMORE GUYS! ENOUGH WITH THE ABUSE! ENOUGH WITH THE QUIET SUFFERING! WE HAVE DIGNITY! WE CONTRIBUTE BILLIONS TO THE ECONOMY! WE HAVE ASSIMILATED! WE LOVE THE UNITED STATES! WE ARE DE FACTO AMERICANS AND THEY WANT TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US! AT LEAST WE WILL SCREAM LOUD IN WASHINGTON AND MAKE OUR VOICES BE HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR! WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH! WE HAVE BEEN WRONGED! WE HAVE ALREADY WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!

franklin
09-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Please refrain from posting this type of political commentary. This organization is in no way linked to anything to do with illegal immigration, and making inflammatory comments like this only hurts us

ajju
09-07-2007, 11:08 PM
"I was U.S. attorney in the Southern district of New York," he said. "So believe me, I know this. In fact, when you throw an immigrant out of the country, it's not a criminal proceeding. It's a civil proceeding."

Illegal immigration shouldn't be a crime, either, Giuliani said: "No, it shouldn't be because the government wouldn't be able to prosecute it. We couldn't prosecute 12 million people. We have only 2 million people in jail right now for all the crimes that are committed in the country, 2.5 million."

He added: "My solution is close the border to illegal immigration."

True, when taken out of context.. things mean totally different... But still legals don't get even similar privillges, due to lesser number and lack of unity...

swede
09-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Giuliani says illegal immigration NOT a crime!!!

That guy say a lot of strange things. I'm surprised he didn't mention 9/11 regarding this, since that is his standard answer to everything.

Keep US legal and first let legal immigrants get their GC, instead of wasting time on people who don't like following US law.

prince_waiting
09-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Of course Mr. Giuliani is right,
After filing for AOS we require Advance PAROLE to travel in and out of the country, we have to report for FINGERPRINTING every 15 months and above all we are here at the mercy of the Advocate General of the United States who is benevolent enough to grant us INTERIM benefits till the time our CASE is decided.
Illegals don't have to do all this and are even free to rally in thousands displaying affiliations to other nations.
The presidential candidate is absolutely spot on.