PDA

View Full Version : Unity

zigma
07-20-2006, 11:19 AM
We should all unite, quit our jobs and leave (or atleast threaten to do so and on the same day), but this has to be done by everyone.
No one should ever come here on H1B unless the system is changed.

This will the fastest way to get everyone's attention.

But alas, this will never work as we are all selfish.

eb3_nepa
07-20-2006, 11:31 AM
For starters that is a REALLLLLLLYYYYY difficult thing to co-ordinate between ALL possible H1Bs for the following reasons:

1) There are more than a 100,000 H1Bs and less than 10K are IV members so first off how do we get word to more than 90K H1Bs to quit their jobs?
2) A lot of the H1B's dont care one way or another whether their GC comes thru or not. They are here to make money and go back.
3) Even IF we did manage to actually get ALL possible H1Bs to quit, we can be replaced. Sure the business would suffer for 3-6 months, but we CAN be replaced. NO ONE in this world is irreplaceable, always remember that.
4) It is NOT the company's fault that our Green cards are stuck. It is the Government's fault. So why punish our companies, some of whom are doing NOTHING wrong against us and infact may have NO issues with you getting your GC, AND, who can actually help us when we need them.

I agree it is tempting to do something of the like, but believe me WE will be more of the losers than the companies.

cgs
07-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Many in this forum will understand your frustration. But I feel obtaining GC is a privilege than a right. Whatever we plan to do should not annoy the citizens. There is a good chance that someone might see negative out of it as this (behavior of threatening) can be repeated after obtaining GC for some other things.

We should all unite, quit our jobs and leave (or atleast threaten to do so and on the same day), but this has to be done by everyone.
No one should ever come here on H1B unless the system is changed.

This will the fastest way to get everyone's attention.

But alas, this will never work as we are all selfish.

eb3_nepa
07-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Yup,

Then we will say why stop at that? Let us now threaten to quit our jobs coz we all want a pay hike, then Citizenship, then Pink Poodles. Where does it stop?:)

sr123
07-20-2006, 12:28 PM
In this country strikes are generally perceived as tantrums.

The need for permanent residence for people who have stayed in this country for 5+ years and have played by the rules all along is genuine. So I think this this character should not be lost by throwing tantrums.