PDA

View Full Version : To all my Brothers and Sisters

chanduv23
09-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I hope you are all doing great, well settled, happy that you got the receipt notice and EAD and can change jobs. The July USCIS/DOS drama and IV/AILA/Lofgren fight back was an event that is unforgettable, especially based on the fact that these events have changed a lot of our lives.

I have been with IV for more than an year now and have followed the organization's direction and views. I found this to be a very nobel organization, an organization where seeds are sown for betterment of lives.

My biggest thanks to members who have done selfless help. Amazing people. Excellent qualities. Team spirit. We worked as teams for various action items, became very good friends, had our own fun when we interacted.

Time has come for the entire community to stand up and act. IV, as an organization, is well respected in the DC circles. IV has maintained its "Non commercial" stance and has believed in grass roots efforts.

IV is nothing but people like you and me. Believe in yourself. Have faith in yourself. History has proven that bravery, courage and faith have been the weapons behind success. Yes, we can move mountains - we have it in us. We can do things, only if we believe in ourselves.

I work as a contractor in a small company in New Jersey. I was a bit reluctant initially to ask my client for a day off - as I had already taken 15 days off in August. But I gathered enough courage and talked about the rally to my boss and offered that I will make up the hours. My boss is a Korean immigrant, immediately acknowledged and said "It's fine, I am supportive of your cause - I see that you have been here for 8 years now and still fighting the system that does not look fair".

I am happy that I spoke the truth, I am happy that my boss has agreed wholeheartedly to my request. I have believed in myself all along.

My dear friends - America does not see tears, America is a land of the brave - America has been a favorite destination to all. The very fact that there are 300K July petitions - is an example on how much people still want to be here. And if you all believe that so many petitions will be processed without making any effort from our side, or if you think someone else will do it or if you pray God that and assume God will take care, then I would only say "God bless you".

If we all step up for our basic rights of processing our petitions in a timely and orderly manner - then yes we can see changes - always remember, it is people like you and me that will influence a change. Unless we stand up together and ask - nothing is goin g to happen. America has honored people who have stood for themselves - America has produced great leaders, all these people have stood up for themselves.

IV would like all its members to participate in the Rally and make it a big success. Lets show that we are committed to our cause and we are all united and we can rise in unity for any occasion.

Best Regards,

Chandrakanth

IV - Volunteer

english_august
09-11-2007, 09:51 AM
You go Chandrakanth!

Here's the bottom line - IV has provided you with the best stage possible to voice your concerns and opinions to the US lawmakers. Now it is up to every individual to make this a success. If you are not a part of it in some way or the other, you've lost all the rights to complain about any and all immigration related problems in your future.

Jaime
09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
You go man! You speak with the truth! Truth is on our side and if we continue to join hands we will prevail! Way to go!!!

chanduv23
09-11-2007, 11:42 AM
You must believe in yourself.
You must believe you can do it.
You must believe that you must do it.
You must believe in bravery.
You must believe in expressing yourself.
You must believe in standing up for yourself.

sw33t
09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
wake up people.

Nice post...

mrdelhiite
09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Bump^^^^^^^

-m

chanduv23
09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Bump

vamsi_poondla
09-11-2007, 12:57 PM
That is very sensible war cry.. Guys...join the fight for rights.

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Help IV help you...
Come to DC....
Lets join hands & be heard!!!

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 01:38 PM
This is not my fight...
This is not your fight..
THIS IS OUR FIGHT!!!! Lets get together!!! Come to DC!

chanduv23
09-11-2007, 02:18 PM
This is the chance to express our wholehearted support to IV and our community.

We are highly skilled Brave immigrants who have a face. We have been legal heere and have done nothing wrong. If we don't stand up for ourselves, anti immigrants will start dubbing us as illegals - look at the articles on the internet.

Many many silent sufferers are moving back due to immigration issues - to cover up the facts they say "American culture is not good thats why we are moving back".

If people are not interested to be here - why did 300k+ applications get filed in July?

cagedcactus
09-11-2007, 03:09 PM
I had no intention to go the rally when the thought was presented two months ago.....
Now I have my tickets booked, and trying to tag some friends along.
If I go down, I want to go down fighting. We are from the land of Gandhi.
We cant just sit on our comfy behinds and wait for the jokers at Washington to manipuate our lives.... NO SIR.

chanduv23
09-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I had no intention to go the rally when the thought was presented two months ago.....
Now I have my tickets booked, and trying to tag some friends along.
If I go down, I want to go down fighting. We are from the land of Gandhi.
We cant just sit on our comfy behinds and wait for the jokers at Washington to manipuate our lives.... NO SIR.

U r an example of someone who believes in yourself, that you are capable of seeing a change

yoda
09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for coming forward to this historic march cagedcactus.

Nice words Chandu..

Now for those who are still sitting on the fence and are still undecided. This is your moment folks to make it happen. You are the only one who can influence change around you. They say the environment creates a man but a man can also create an environment around him just like this wonderful organization and the founding team has done for all of us who had been impacted by the visa fiasco of July.

Folks, I am here 7+ years, Chandu just went for his 8th, 9th and 10th year visa stamping. Believe me when I say you don't want to be in this boat of waiting endlessly for things to magically happen! Its too stressful not only for you but even for your family members!

Don't miss out on this historic opportunity to march with like minded people who are all working as a team to make things easier for all of us. You still have a week in front of you to work with your employers to take a day off. It is possible, you know it... !

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
There is not much time left to sit & think over this....
Make up your minds now!!!
Come to DC & join hands & let our voice be heard as ONE!!!
Lets stand together and realize what the power of ONE can do....

GO IV!!!
See you in DC!!!

chanduv23
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
AMERICA - LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE

WE ARE ALL HIGHLY SKILLED LEGAL BRAVE IMMIGRANTS AND WE ALL HAVE A FACE TO SHOW. WE WILL SHOW OUR FACES

chanduv23
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Bump

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Dont you want to be rid of your GC hassles???
Come to DC!!! Join hands & lets be heard!!!!
See you in DC!!!

gc_aspirant_prasad
09-11-2007, 07:35 PM
^^^^bump ^^^^

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 08:36 PM
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Those who dream of GC, know that it is not easy...
Come & realize your dreams... Come to DC!!!!
GO IV!!!!

vandanaverdia
09-11-2007, 10:42 PM
"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up."
- Paul Valery

Don't wait for someone else to fight for YOUR cause.
Lets all get together & go to DC and fight for OUR cause!!!
Come to DC!!
GO IV!!!

chanduv23
09-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Wake Up - Wake Up To Reality. Wake Up And Get The Job Done.

Wake Up And Go To Dc

anilsal
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.
In a sense we have come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men , would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment.
But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.
We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline.
As we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back.
I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

The Original speech can be read at http://www.usconstitution.net/dream.html

JazzByTheBay
09-11-2007, 11:02 PM
... and it's about time we act like we are the ones who will get our voices heard, and earn our GCs on our merits and contributions to this country, its economy, and its society.

LET'S GO TO DC!

See ya'll there!

jazz

needhelp!
09-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Will we sing the American National Anthem before we begin the rally?

chanduv23
09-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Bump

chanduv23
09-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Comeon my brethren - lets go do DC

rck4evr
09-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Bump

vandanaverdia
09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
GET UP STAND UP...