PDA

View Full Version : Sue Them!!!!

skg007
07-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Hey, I find so many people distressed and traumatized, me being one of them. What are our legal rights to go about sueing USCIS or other authorities....:)

immi2006
07-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Legally you cannot. They did not break any law. At the very best, they can make the system even worse.. :-)

Hey, I find so many people distressed and traumatized, me being one of them. What are our legal rights to go about sueing USCIS or other authorities....:)

eagerr2i
07-24-2006, 01:02 PM
You can not sue them. They have not done any thing wrong, you are just a victim of a situation which is out of control. They could be slow in some cases and thus the visa numbers lapse in some Green Card Categorioes but the bottom line is that a company/individual can not be sue'ed for incompetence or inefficiency.

Jimi_Hendrix
07-24-2006, 01:31 PM
This is worth pondering about. If you think about it, writ mandamus is an apparatus for forcing USCIS/FBI other federal agency to perform their duty. When it comes to availability of visa numbers, have we taken an opinion from Rajeev Khanna or other prominent attorney about possibility of succeeding in a law suit? Theoretically we have been lured into applying for a green card and then got stuck in retrogression with an infinitely long wait period. In other words no one is willing to give a timeline for completion of this process. Senior members please opine!

Sandeep
07-24-2006, 01:39 PM
http://www.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=8928#post8928
Lawsuit against DOL for this has not yielded any result

ujjvalkoul
07-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Nothing will yield anything here (Lobbying, Law Suit, Protest). This country is just abt to get saturated as far as immigrants are concerned. Only a Miracle can improve our situation. Moreover, they would prefer fresher H1B (cheaper) than us (GC anticipants) who are more experienced.

morpheus
07-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Rajiv Khanna filed a class action suit in 2002 about slow and non-FIFO 485 processing, but it was dismissed by the judge in 2004. There used to be a whole forum devoted to it on immigration-portal.com but I can no longer find it.

eb3_nepa
07-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Err... Sue them on WHAT basis??