PDA

View Full Version : Why do we need greencard and citizenship?

eastindia
04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
U.S. Expat Taxes Drive Americans to Give Up Citizenship - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1983238,00.html)

Many citizens and greencard holders are giving up citizenship?

These people do not value it so much as us.

They should give that to others in Q. So every year if people return greencards, it should be added to our quota.

nitinboston
04-21-2010, 02:59 PM
U.S. Expat Taxes Drive Americans to Give Up Citizenship - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1983238,00.html)

They should give that to others in Q. So every year if people return greencards, it should be added to our quota.

LOL this is one of the crazier demands i have seen made. Why don't they remove all restrictions from adoptions so that we all can get adopted by citizen and get our citizenship. It seems some of us are ready to go to any length out of desperation. A truly sad situation

kumar1305
04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
If citizens and green card holders have businesses in other countries and US wants them to file tax returns here than they may chose to give up citizenship and greencards. No matter what people never want to pay taxes and America is one country which very strict about collecting them. Imagine how many people really pay taxes in India? One of my friend left US forever and moved to India. He was a multi millionaire and he invested heavily on power projects in India. I do not know how many of you will stay here if you have at least 20 crores in India?

h1-b forever
04-22-2010, 09:36 AM
If citizens and green card holders have businesses in other countries and US wants them to file tax returns here than they may chose to give up citizenship and greencards. No matter what people never want to pay taxes and America is one country which very strict about collecting them. Imagine how many people really pay taxes in India? One of my friend left US forever and moved to India. He was a multi millionaire and he invested heavily on power projects in India. I do not know how many of you will stay here if you have at least 20 crores in India?

How do you propose I get "at least 20 crores" ?
and Yes, if I had that kind of money, I would return to India too...........

UKannan
04-22-2010, 10:03 AM

EastIndia,
Please get the contact details of people who are giving-up Citizenship/GC and contact them with a request to propose your name :D

uma001
04-22-2010, 10:03 AM
How do you propose I get "at least 20 crores" ?
and Yes, if I had that kind of money, I would return to India too...........

I just need 5 crores to retun back to India,not 20 crores

eastindia
04-22-2010, 10:25 AM
I just need 5 crores to retun back to India,not 20 crores

Could you set up a meeting with Laxmi today and will tell her that.