PDA

View Full Version : Send copies of our degrees/papers/patents to Congress

Jaime
09-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Can we at least send in copies of our degrees? Congress is considering immigration-related bills now, but then the Holidays and the presidential campaigns will come. Are we gonna sit there and let this opportunity pass? NumbersUSA is certianly NOT letting this pass! WE'VE ALREADY WAITED LONG ENOUGH GUYS!!!!

vivekjay
09-27-2007, 08:32 PM
This has to be a coordinated effort with everyone sending it in the same day.

centaur
09-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Good idea. I think we also need to send in copies of our W-2's for last several years (of course with personal information struck out)

And we should also send it to the offices of newspapers, radio and TV stations.

Some has to advise from core about coordinating it.
This has to be a coordinated effort with everyone sending it in the same day.

chanduv23
09-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Please join your state chapters and stabilize the state chapters first.

Jaime - my friend - your energy is awsome, at this time, use your entire energy to stabilize your state chapter.

drak70
09-27-2007, 09:57 PM
can you create poll to see the the kind academic degrees/specialized skills /experience of the of the forum members.

smisachu
09-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Lets get a poll and make a concentrated effort. This will have great impact.

aviko21
09-27-2007, 10:28 PM
can we start webfaxes again?

numbersusa is doing it?
seems everyone is sleeping after the rally..

h1techSlave
09-27-2007, 10:32 PM
I fully support this idea. If each congress man / woman gets 100 degrees from us with big letters "LEGAL", they will stop mixing us along with the illegals.

amitps
09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
What are we trying to achieve by doing this....

texcan
09-27-2007, 11:03 PM
I like the idea of sending degree documents.

Sending it same day seems too much and less chances.
How about if we get collective information of bunch of people(
Name Degree "Green card wait time" ) and then send a handful of degree documents
with the list.

The intent is to show how long legal educated people have been waiting.

Any thoughts.

amitps
09-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I like the idea of sending degree documents.

Sending it same day seems too much and less chances.
How about if we get collective information of bunch of people(
Name Degree "Green card wait time" ) and then send a handful of degree documents
with the list.

The intent is to show how long legal educated people have been waiting.

Any thoughts.

How does sending copies of University Degrees shows the timeline of wait?

drak70
09-27-2007, 11:48 PM
How does sending copies of University Degrees shows the timeline of wait?

it indirectly reflects on the collective reverse brain drain which is occuring to highly skilled immigrants.education and skills are respected very well in America.There is lack of perception of what highly skilled immigrants are.

These highly skilled immigrants are MD(who take take care your children and yourself),they are the PhD who keep us at forefront of innovation and research,they are Engineers with Master and Bachelor degrees, or software programmers with higly skilled certifications who keep the corporate networks up and running and many others like MBA .

it must be clear what will will be opportunity cost lost (to USA) when delays occurs

aviko21
09-29-2007, 03:24 AM
For me, the easiest place to find out if there are any legislations being considered for immigration is not to consult IV but the numbersusa website.
They have their members start with the webfaxes and telephone calls the moment they get a whiff of anything.

Can we at IV stand up to this? Can we be as quick lobbying with our webfaxes etc.?
I see the current action items(ONE WEEK BEFORE THE DREAM AND STRIVE ACTS) none pending!

At this pace it might be difficult to fight the more organised numbersusa!
Lets be more proactive especially when legislations are introduced. I hope my 2 cents are listened to by the very hardworking core!