PDA

View Full Version : Last name misspelled on perm labor application

missedthecut
05-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi,

I had my last name misspelled and middle name missing on my filed perm labor application and it was filed on 12/12/2007. It was selected for audit in Feb 2008 and have not received any update until now. Can this error in my name be corrected on my application. Please advice.

dreamgc_real
05-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi,

I had my last name misspelled and middle name missing on my filed perm labor application and it was filed on 12/12/2007. It was selected for audit in Feb 2008 and have not received any update until now. Can this error in my name be corrected on my application. Please advice.

Sorry to say this, but it was dumb to have sent an application with misspelled last name! You got to check and recheck before filing it.
DOL audits do take a long time, write to them about the error. Also, get the help of an attorney (labor or immigration)

beautifulMind
05-04-2010, 11:53 AM
I had the same problem with my PERM. my last name had an extra letter in the end at one place but was fine at the other place. My perm was approved without any issues.

At I-140 stage my lawyer made a note of this to USCIS and now my I-140 was also approved without any issues.

I am pretty sure your audit is not related to that because they have no way to to know your real name! at the labor stage