PDA

View Full Version : FP Scheduling worries !

DDLMODES
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Hello guys,
I applied for I140 & I485 + EAD concurrently at the Texas service center on July 19th. I got the receipts dated Sept 11 on Sept 17 and a week later I got the EAD's. My priority date is Feb 04.

I live in New Jersey and I would assume my FP appointment will be at the NewArk USCIS center. I still did not get any FP notification yet and I started to worry because on the tracker a lot of people with the same dates did get one already. Should I worry or is OK for now ? Is New Jersey more crowded than other states and that is the reason for delay ??? Anybody else in the same boat ??
I know they consider the application abandoned if I have an appointment and don't go. If, god forbid, the letter is lost in the mail, is there any way I can find out if I have an appointment ?

I have don't have a lawyer so they will not send a copy of the FP appointment letter to the lawyer.

Please help !

:(:(:(:(

ChainReaction
10-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Hello guys,
I applied for I140 & I485 + EAD concurrently at the Texas service center on July 19th. I got the receipts dated Sept 11 on Sept 17 and a week later I got the EAD's. My priority date is Feb 04.

I live in New Jersey and I would assume my FP appointment will be at the NewArk USCIS center. I still did not get any FP notification yet and I started to worry because on the tracker a lot of people with the same dates did get one already. Should I worry or is OK for now ? Is New Jersey more crowded than other states and that is the reason for delay ??? Anybody else in the same boat ??
I know they consider the application abandoned if I have an appointment and don't go. If, god forbid, the letter is lost in the mail, is there any way I can find out if I have an appointment ?

I have don't have a lawyer so they will not send a copy of the FP appointment letter to the lawyer.

Please help !

:(:(:(:(

I am a June 25th filer, and i got my receipt for 485/131/765 on Sept 10th and haven't received any EAD or AP and no LUD as well forget about FP. I called TSC multiple time and was told first to wait till 90 days of filling ,then 30 days past receipt now 4 more weeks; since they are heavily backlogged busy in issuing receipts for 485 filer.

When i contacted my lawyer he told me the same he is still waiting for the receipts for some of his clients who filed in July/August and reassured me that if or when a receipt is issued he will also get a receipt notice, and will contact me ... so don't worry to much regarding FP misplacement and relax it will come... after all it is National security, if the US is not concerned regarding it then why should you .;)

By the way my PD is March,2003

paragpujara
10-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I applied on 2nd July and got Receipts on 08/27/2007. Still waiting for the FP notice. There are lot of ppl in the same boat. Take it easy. I called USCIS last week and they opened Service Request for myself and mywife. Call USCIS and ask them to open SR.

immi2006
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Otherwise it is a time waste...

I applied on 2nd July and got Receipts on 08/27/2007. Still waiting for the FP notice. There are lot of ppl in the same boat. Take it easy. I called USCIS last week and they opened Service Request for myself and mywife. Call USCIS and ask them to open SR.

DDLMODES
10-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Service request ?? What is that ??

Anyway, I understand that many people are in the same situation and that makes it a bit better. I will wait... Thanks for the replies...

Its just scary that after all these years they might consider the case abandoned if you don't receive the damn FP letter. Some guys didn't even get the receipts yet. I feel for those...

P.S.: Anybody got the case closed because they missed the FP appointment ? Is there a way to reopen it ?

Thanks again guys !

tnite
10-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Service request ?? What is that ??

Anyway, I understand that many people are in the same situation and that makes it a bit better. I will wait... Thanks for the replies...

Its just scary that after all these years they might consider the case abandoned if you don't receive the damn FP letter. Some guys didn't even get the receipts yet. I feel for those...

P.S.: Anybody got the case closed because they missed the FP appointment ? Is there a way to reopen it ?

Thanks again guys !
Call USCIS and ask them to put in service request i.e internal investigation
Thenyou have to wait for 30-45 days for them to get back to you.

GCapplicant
10-12-2007, 05:04 PM
I am also from NJ-I have to get FP from HAckensack-NJ thats my nearest .

When we called USCIS she said its delay because of traffic in ASC in our location.So they have to correspond with them,when ever they get a reminder in their system.
So as of now they havnt mailed...waiting for FP.
I hope the process does not delay further beacuse of this FP...I wish they do fast.
I just wonder NJ is a populated area and they have only two ASC...one in newark and another in Hackensack.I hope it doesnt take months for this FP.

Does name check start after FP?

My ND is Sep/11.

ashres11
10-12-2007, 05:16 PM
schedule on 27th October

R.D - 07/02
N.D - 09/26

laborchic
10-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I filed on 8th August and havent yet received my notices in mail.. I contacted my lawyer today and he sent copies of my receipts and then he also found out that they had received my FP notice .. I am supposed to go on 27th Oct to Newark USCIS... Anyone coming on same day ..

My application is being processed at Texas..

Not many people who have filed with me has recieved any notices as of yet..

So dont worry guys we all should be fine..

GCapplicant
10-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I am a June 25th filer, and i got my receipt for 485/131/765 on Sept 10th and haven't received any EAD or AP and no LUD as well forget about FP. I called TSC multiple time and was told first to wait till 90 days of filling ,then 30 days past receipt now 4 more weeks; since they are heavily backlogged busy in issuing receipts for 485 filer.

When i contacted my lawyer he told me the same he is still waiting for the receipts for some of his clients who filed in July/August and reassured me that if or when a receipt is issued he will also get a receipt notice, and will contact me ... so don't worry to much regarding FP misplacement and relax it will come... after all it is National security, if the US is not concerned regarding it then why should you .;)

By the way my PD is March,2003

How come TSC is slow in yr case?Try giving a call to them if you get helpful IO its good.I was thinking guys who are in TSC are lucky.

infact mine is from Nebraska...my A # numbers are changed...First name Last name my lawyer has made a confusion thats also wrong interchanged.As I have EAD adjudicated I have to pay new fees for new EAD with corrected name accepting my mistake of filing with interchanged names. Thats what IO told me yesterday.

Most of my friends in NYC-applied in TSC July 2...They have got evertything by Aug end infact some of them have done FP too in sep.

I am waiting for FP so that I can request them for correction too.

Sorry for writing blah blah blah....

GCapplicant
10-12-2007, 05:19 PM
I filed on 8th August and havent yet received my notices in mail.. I contacted my lawyer today and he sent copies of my receipts and then he also found out that they had received my FP notice .. I am supposed to go on 27th Oct to Newark USCIS... Anyone coming on same day ..

Glad to see a NJ applicant to receive FP.Hope we also receive ours soon.Thanks for the update

DDLMODES
10-13-2007, 06:30 PM

Thanks everybody for the info.

laborchic, could you please let us know when you will receive the FP notice yourself ?

I don't have any lawyer so if USPS loses it, I have no way of knowing.

Also, when you have dependents (wife for ex) they make the appointments in the same day or is completely random ?? Anybody knows anything about that ?

P.S.: Called USCIS 1 month after the receipts (last week) and they told me to wait another week.

sunty
10-16-2007, 02:57 PM
I received my FP notice last friday and then another one on saturday..Both indicate same date/time location which is Newark USCIS

larmani
10-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi I got FP notice on 10/13. I filed on July 2nd and got receipt August 24 with TSC.