PDA

View Full Version : Processing Dates Update

loudobbs
10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I-485 moved back to August 25, 2006 for TSC??
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WTF???

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC

arrarrgee
10-15-2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D

gc_dedo
10-15-2007, 05:38 PM
He is talking about processing date not receipting date
However i stil see Septemper 15 processing dates

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D

satishku_2000
10-15-2007, 05:39 PM
What exactly this date for 485 indicates? Are they opening applications filed as of Aug 06 or they are adjudicating applications filed as of Aug 06 if individual applications are ready to be adjudicated?

gc_dedo
10-15-2007, 05:44 PM
This is cool. I see 15-Sep ptimes in firefox and 15-Oct ptimes in IE

He is talking about processing date not receipting date
However i stil see Septemper 15 processing dates

Green.Tech
10-15-2007, 06:14 PM
I dont know what that date means anyway. It's not like people with 2006 PD are getting GC's :)

sammyb
10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
This is cool. I see 15-Sep ptimes in firefox and 15-Oct ptimes in IE

clear you cache...

TSC EB based is shown as Aug 25 06....

gc_bulgaria
10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
clear you cache...

TSC EB based is shown as Aug 25 06....

What exactly does this date mean? For instance, I am current as of the oct/nov bulletin.

WeShallOvercome
10-15-2007, 06:52 PM
What exactly does this date mean? For instance, I am current as of the oct/nov bulletin.

It just means they are currently adjudicating applications
filed before Aug 25 2006 AND whose PDs are current.

Believe me, this processing date will not touch July 2007 for a long time with existing laws.

prom2
10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Ok, last month they were processing I-485 with receipt date Dec 2006, and now Aug 2006 ??????? This doesn't make any sense. At least should be the same date, no backwards. :eek:

Well, good luck.

anilnag
10-15-2007, 07:32 PM
No clue how the processing dates can move backwards. So far I heard only PDs in visa bulletin going backwards.
Did they miss to adjudicate some application before sep 2006 and suddenly they found a pile of unadjudicated apps while searching thru pile of july applicants? I can't see any other reason.

gc_bulgaria
10-15-2007, 07:33 PM
It just means they are currently adjudicating applications
filed before Aug 25 2006 AND whose PDs are current.

Believe me, this processing date will not touch July 2007 for a long time with existing laws.

My attorney screwed up and did not file concurrently in March 2007 but filed in July. So what this means is that I have a wait of 1 year at least before they even look at my case?
Grrrr... I want to fire him!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sreedhar
10-15-2007, 07:49 PM
My attorney screwed up and did not file concurrently in March 2007 but filed in July. So what this means is that I have a wait of 1 year at least before they even look at my case?
Grrrr... I want to fire him!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hello gc_bulgaria...Seems to be you are really mad about your GC....Think about you PD Man...Yours is Just Jan 2007. There are lot of people who’s PD with 2003, 2004 are still waiting. These processing timings are.....USCIS processing the Application who’s applied on or before Aug 2006 and (Not "Or" ) Who’s Priority Date is Current. So this means you have to wait Not "One Year"...You have to wait at least 3 years. Good Luck.

fall2004us
10-15-2007, 07:58 PM
I see september 15 on the date ????? I use IE

optimystic
10-15-2007, 08:05 PM
My PD (EB3 india) is May 11 2001. Current PD is April 22 2001. So it is very likely that my PD will become current in couple of months.

-My I-140 is also already approved in Jan 2007.
- 485 etc filed in July 29 2007
-Finished FP & got EADS

Now, assuming my application cleared FBI namechecks etc, the only impediment would be Priority date becoming current.

So assuming in Jan 2008 my priority date becomes current, when will they adjudicate my case??

For argument sake, if we assume I have the oldest priority date among every one who filed 485 after Aug 2006. Dont they have to open up my case and adjudicate it before any of the other July filers or before who filed 485 before me (July 29 2007)?? I thought this was the case?

OR they won't even open up my case until they open all other's who filed until July 29 2007. So they won't even know that PD is current for me? That should not be the case , right? Since all our info is now in their databases (all receipted cases). So at the beginning of every month, they should be able to do a search and see whose cases are PD current for that month and then start FIFO processing that subset of cases, no matter which year 485 was filed in? So it is still FIFO, but only for the subset of cases, which qualify as per PD (and all other clearances) and ready for adjudication? Is my assumption right? GURUs any comments?

optimystic
10-15-2007, 08:12 PM
If its not the case, then its totally unfair for all people like me, who have been waiting since 2001 or even earlier, stuck in BEC and only recently got cleared and were able to file 485s. It was a great thing, that July bulletin reversal, helped everyone to file 485s and get EADs etc. But it would be very unfortunate and unfair if those huge number of 485 filings would turn out to be impediments in the path of people who have been waiting for years and years. These are the kinds of acts of USCIS that make people to become selfish and not think of greater cause of others! Its only natural that people tend to be become guarded/selfish in the face of unjust/unfair treatments. USCIS should not make people like us unfortunately regret that July bulletin reversal should never have happened.

neerajkandhari
10-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I-485 moved back to August 25, 2006 for TSC??
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WTF???

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC

Its back to 19 Dec 2006

gc_bulgaria
10-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Hello gc_bulgaria...Seems to be you are really mad about your GC....Think about you PD Man...Yours is Just Jan 2007. There are lot of people who’s PD with 2003, 2004 are still waiting. These processing timings are.....USCIS processing the Application who’s applied on or before Aug 2006 and (Not "Or" ) Who’s Priority Date is Current. So this means you have to wait Not "One Year"...You have to wait at least 3 years. Good Luck.

Yes I am mad since my filing could have been done in March. And your point is ???

sandeep77
10-15-2007, 08:37 PM
The link posted shows they are issuing receipts for applications received before August 13th, did everyone who applied before the 13th get their receipts?

This question might be slightly out of place, but does anybody know how to expedite AP??I am on F1 and I need to travel outside US for some conferences. We applied in the last week on July but still havent got receipt. Just wanted to confirm with IV gurus :)

Maybe this has been answered already, but i have been searching on IV and couldnt find any :(

manderson
10-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Yes I am mad since my filing could have been done in March. And your point is ???

u are absolutely right to be mad. can u share his/her name so others don't hire this incompetent in the future?

sandiboy
10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
My PD (EB3 india) is May 11 2001. Current PD is April 22 2001. So it is very likely that my PD will become current in couple of months.

-Finished FP & got EADS

Now, assuming my application cleared FBI namechecks etc, the only impediment would be Priority date becoming current.

So assuming in Jan 2008 my priority date becomes current, when will they adjudicate my case??

For argument sake, if we assume I have the oldest priority date among every one who filed 485 after Aug 2006. Dont they have to open up my case and adjudicate it before any of the other July filers or before who filed 485 before me (July 29 2007)?? I thought this was the case?

OR they won't even open up my case until they open all other's who filed until July 29 2007. So they won't even know that PD is current for me? That should not be the case , right? Since all our info is now in their databases (all receipted cases). So at the beginning of every month, they should be able to do a search and see whose cases are PD current for that month and then start FIFO processing that subset of cases, no matter which year 485 was filed in? So it is still FIFO, but only for the subset of cases, which qualify as per PD (and all other clearances) and ready for adjudication? Is my assumption right? GURUs any comments?

I think its a combination of multiple factors which is PD, RD, NC etc... In case of people with older PD(2001/02) but newer RD (july/aug 2007) the scenario will be like the below:
- Since the RD is fairly newer, chances of NC clearance will take time as there will tons of cases filed ahead of them (older RD)
- Depends on the Visa Bulletin i.e what the PD cutoff will be. If the PD moves conservatively then good for older PDs, but if the PD moves even by say 6 months/1yr in a single month, then RD will play important role.
- Monthly Processing time is not moving from Dec 2006. So even if the above conditions are met, you cannot log a case with CIS as they will say you are out of Processing time.

The current method is totally crappy with lot of loop holes...its like playing snake & ladder.... luck will play important role

prom2
10-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Its back to 19 Dec 2006

Where? It's still the same.

neerajkandhari
10-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Where? It's still the same.
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Advanced degree or exceptional ability 6 Months
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Advanced degree or exceptional ability requesting a National Interest Waiver 6 Months
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Skilled worker or professional 6 Months
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Unskilled worker 6 Months
I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant All other special immigrants October 08, 2006
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications December 19, 2006

copy and pasted the bulletin

prom2
10-16-2007, 12:03 AM
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Advanced degree or exceptional ability 6 Months
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Advanced degree or exceptional ability requesting a National Interest Waiver 6 Months
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Skilled worker or professional 6 Months
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Unskilled worker 6 Months
I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant All other special immigrants October 08, 2006
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications December 19, 2006

copy and pasted the bulletin

This is my copy-paste :confused::

I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Employment-based adjustment applications August 25, 2006

I think is a cache issue in your PC. Clean it and try again. I'd rather you were right....

Good luck

mbartosik
10-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I can see the following possible reasons for Texas I485 processing date going backwards:

1) A simple mistake, it has happened before.

2) They found a big bag of applications behind the coffee machine. If anything like this happened someone should be fired.

3) They had a bunch of applications with problems and they've gone back to deal with them. They could have skipped over them to issue enough GC by end of year.

4) Transfer of applications from another service center (not likely since that's only Nebraska).

5) To avoid Writ of mandamus (WOM), from those filed betwen Aug and Dec 2006.

6) A change in the way they measure / report the data.

If you look at trackins.com you will see
For October as Texas service center approvals with receipt date between 08/08/2006 and 06/29/2007.

It is a similar picture for Nebraska service center, except that trackins.com reports about twice as many approvals so far this month for NSC.

Yes, it does annoy the *** out of me. That's why I'm active in IV, and I don't just mean posting here.

optimystic
10-16-2007, 03:03 AM
I think , the various confusions in the posts about Aug 2006 versus Dec 2006 could be due to people looking at TSC versus NSC processing times.

TSC is at Aug 2006 (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC)

NSC is at Dec 2006 (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC)

Another fact I wanted to crosscheck with the gurus here is that EB3/EB2 India remained retrogressed (April 2001 or something for EB3) until June 2007 where it jumped to April 2003 and in July everyone became current.

So is it correct to assume that there may not be that many 485 applications between dec 2006 (for NSC) and June 2007, compared to the bulk of applications that got filed in July 2007?

So we could potentially see a quick jump from Dec 2006 to June 2007, and then a brief stuck up at June and then jump to July 2007 and stuck up forever ! :)

danila
10-16-2007, 08:45 AM
I can see the following possible reasons for Texas I485 processing date going backwards:

1) A simple mistake, it has happened before.

2) They found a big bag of applications behind the coffee machine. If anything like this happened someone should be fired.

3) They had a bunch of applications with problems and they've gone back to deal with them. They could have skipped over them to issue enough GC by end of year.

4) Transfer of applications from another service center (not likely since that's only Nebraska).

5) To avoid Writ of mandamus (WOM), from those filed betwen Aug and Dec 2006.

6) A change in the way they measure / report the data.

If you look at trackins.com you will see
For October as Texas service center approvals with receipt date between 08/08/2006 and 06/29/2007.

It is a similar picture for Nebraska service center, except that trackins.com reports about twice as many approvals so far this month for NSC.

Yes, it does annoy the *** out of me. That's why I'm active in IV, and I don't just mean posting here.

7) A lot of pending FBI name checks got cleared.

wahwah
10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
i agree with your thought process that processingtime will quickly jump from Aug/Dec. 2006 to June 2007 processing time and then it'll briefly stay there. but i don't think it'll remain stuck for a long time for July and Aug. because most PD's for these 2 months will not be current so the processing time will quickly breeze thru August 2007.

i think USICS will be spending more time every year in processing EAD/AP rather than processing I-485 applications.

I think , the various confusions in the posts about Aug 2006 versus Dec 2006 could be due to people looking at TSC versus NSC processing times.

TSC is at Aug 2006 (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC)

NSC is at Dec 2006 (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC)

Another fact I wanted to crosscheck with the gurus here is that EB3/EB2 India remained retrogressed (April 2001 or something for EB3) until June 2007 where it jumped to April 2003 and in July everyone became current.

So is it correct to assume that there may not be that many 485 applications between dec 2006 (for NSC) and June 2007, compared to the bulk of applications that got filed in July 2007?

So we could potentially see a quick jump from Dec 2006 to June 2007, and then a brief stuck up at June and then jump to July 2007 and stuck up forever ! :)

sreedhar
10-16-2007, 10:06 AM

Nothing Much Difference...Even if you filed on March. B'Cos current PD is still 2004. This is My Point. Right now there is No VISA Numbers Available for Routing...Hope you get this.

pappu
10-16-2007, 10:31 AM
The I140 dates going backwards can be a concern to many people. Especially because premium processing option is no longer available.

The I485 dates going backwards does not make much difference, unless your dates are current. If our dates are not current, then whether the TSC date is August 2006 or August 2005, it will be the same for us.

As they continue entering July , August applications in the system, their workload and backlog data will increase pushing the processing dates backwards.

A fix to enable faster and efficient processing is needed along with increase in GC numbers so that visa dates can move forward fast.

gc_bulgaria
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Nothing Much Difference...Even if you filed on March. B'Cos current PD is still 2004. This is My Point. Right now there is No VISA Numbers Available for Routing...Hope you get this.

No, I do not "get this".
:rolleyes:

I have been "Current" as EB2 ROW. Nothing to do with PD 2004. And you digress - I was talking my my lawyer NOT FILING IN MARCH with my I 140 when I was current and I am current as of November bulletin as well.

hpandey
10-16-2007, 11:40 AM

-Finished FP & got EADS

I think you are right in your logic that I-485 processing is dependent on PD rather than when it was filed. A person with a current PD would get his I485 processed rather than a person whose PD is not current.

sreedhar
10-16-2007, 11:45 AM
No, I do not "get this".
:rolleyes:

I have been "Current" as EB2 ROW. Nothing to do with PD 2004. And please do not digress - I was talking my my lawyer NOT FILING IN MARCH with my I 140 when I was current and I am current as of November bulletin.

You are Current According to Nov Bulletin....? Then you should worry about your processing dates. Apologies....I thought you are not Current PD Applicant. By the way Which Country you are from....I am sure you not from IND.

gc_bulgaria
10-16-2007, 11:52 AM
You are Current According to Nov Bulletin....? Then you should worry about your processing dates. Apologies....I thought you are not Current PD Applicant. By the way Which Country you are from....I am sure you not from IND.

Bulgaria - (gc_bulgaria?):p

The processing dates have moved back to August 2006 (for people who are current) what this means is that since my application was filed in July (with the rush) they will technically not even start processing till the processing dates becomes July 2007.

If the lawyer would have applied in March and IF I did not get stuck in name check then my case could have been processed by now.

The reason I am supporting IV is because its for a bigger cause even though I know that technically I wont be affected as much with the retrogression. Hope this helps!
;)

BharatPremi
10-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Example: NSC Filing and processing

Base 1: Eb3-India - December Bulletin-Cutoff date-15th December 2002
Base2: NSC December Processing Schedule: I-485 -EB category -
08/07/2006

Interpretation for people whose 485 is already filed:
---------------------------------------------------
(1) Person whose 485 Receipt date: 07/27/2007 and PD:04/23/2003

Since your 485 file received on July 27th 2007, NSC is not working on
your case at all as it is just working on cases received on or before
08/07/2006. So your file is on rack waiting for processing. And your PD is
way behind 12/15/2002 cutoff date so you are not assigned a visa
number yet.

(2) Person whose 485 Receipt date: 05/21/2006 and PD:11/21/2002

NSC is working on your case to complete it as your file was received prior
to 08/07/2006.Theoratically NSC should have assigned Visa number to
your file as your PD is before cutoff date but there is no way to know
that visa number is surely assigned to your file. If you are stuck in
namecheck or RFE you are not assigned a visa number though your PD is
before curoff date. Assuming you might have cleared the namecheck and
no RFE still can not be said that Visa number surely is assigned to your
case. But assuming yours' case as clean case if cutoff date remains
current for coming months AND processing date may not retrogress to
the date before your receipt date then your probability of getting Green
Card is much higher.

(3) Person whose 485 Receipt date: 09/21/2006 and PD:11/21/2002

Since your 485 file received 09/21/2006 , NSC is not working on
your case at all as it is just working on cases received on or before
08/07/2006. So your file is on rack waiting for processing although
Visa Number is available for you, vis anumber can not beassigned
to your case as processing can not be started.

Interpretation for people whose 485 is NOT filed yet:
---------------------------------------------------

(1) Person whose PD:04/23/2003

You still have to wait for filing your 485

(2) Person whose PD:04/21/2001

You can now file your 485