PDA

View Full Version : [B][/B]Jan. 2008 onwards, EAD implications for contract houses/recruiting agencies

BECsufferer
10-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Folks!

Like me all July filers would get off the H1-B hook come this Jan. I am assuming everybody would use newly gained freedom of EAD to switch employer or jobs. So far, not many employers like to get involved in H1 hassels ( espcialy in midwest), so recruiters had good business by hiring engineers at low rate and syphoning off majority share of the pay check.

But now, with 180 days (less than 75 days) limit over, all EAD holders are free to switch employers of jobs ( I know in same or similar capacity ... but that's not the point). The point is what would be the effect on current business contracting companies have? What would be the effect of EAD on their cost models and consistent revenues?

Not saying they would cease to exsist, as H1B's would still need them. But isn't new and bold demands from engineers like me going to affect their margins? ...What do you think?

chanduv23
10-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Folks!

Like me all July filers would get off the H1-B hook come this Jan. I am assuming everybody would use newly gained freedom of EAD to switch employer or jobs. So far, not many employers like to get involved in H1 hassels ( espcialy in midwest), so recruiters had good business by hiring engineers at low rate and syphoning off majority share of the pay check.

But now, with 180 days (less than 75 days) limit over, all EAD holders are free to switch employers of jobs ( I know in same or similar capacity ... but that's not the point). The point is what would be the effect on current business contracting companies have? What would be the effect of EAD on their cost models and consistent revenues?

Not saying they would cease to exsist, as H1B's would still need them. But isn't new and bold demands from engineers like me going to affect their margins? ...What do you think?

It is true with Tri State hiring agencies also, all top tier firms with direct clients are trying to reduce layers by directly enrolling you on EAD - so come January - we will see a lot of people jumping.

Thsi is healthy for the candidate. H1b shops will have their own ways of doing business and will deifnitely see some challenge